• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do u think could improve this deck? It can pull off some dumb shit against pirates but i feel there's a tweak or two to be had. i had shadow word pain but it felt like it was difficult to get rolling starts with them in, since it's very dependent on having a minion on the board by turn 3 to get velens chosen or talon to hit on, those are the games i can do some stupid inner fire shit. stuff like potion of madness and deathlord just always take out more than one pirate versus spending 2 mana for just dealing with one, idk. i think the guy i faced that i based it off of ran 2 giblin stalkers instead of sludge belcher but i donno. i see the merit kind of since having a stealthed t2 minion gives you an almost certain card to buff t3, maybe i should go back to that. i've been thinking unstable ghouls for shadow boxers (doing that right now, i think that's a given since i just want to harass ppl i play consecutive times in ranked wild which happens alot)? zombie chow? nerub weblord (LOL)?
mypvYxa.png

what do u think could improve this deck? It can pull off some dumb shit against pirates but i feel there's a tweak or two to be had. i had shadow word pain but it felt like it was difficult to get rolling starts with them in, since it's very dependent on having a minion on the board by turn 3 to get velens chosen or talon to hit on, those are the games i can do some stupid inner fire shit. stuff like potion of madness and deathlord just always take out more than one pirate versus spending 2 mana for just dealing with one, idk. i think the guy i faced that i based it off of ran 2 giblin stalkers instead of sludge belcher but i donno. i see the merit kind of since having a stealthed t2 minion gives you an almost certain card to buff t3, maybe i should go back to that. i've been thinking unstable ghouls for shadow boxers? zombie chow? nerub weblord (LOL)?
mypvYxa.png

You're missing the best defensive 2 drops in the game. Doomsayer and acidic swamp ooze.

Gotta be honest though, the deck looks terrible.

You're missing the best defensive 2 drops in the game. Doomsayer and acidic swamp ooze.

Gotta be honest though, the deck looks terrible.

it's not defensive. well, it's defensive against pirates and early game swarms. but in general it's inner fire. turn 4 16/16 deathlord. it's wonky AF but it's a leggy viable thing in this meta. plus its off beat and absolutely hilarious which is mostly what i care about.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/700949-wild-legend-tempo-mid-inner-fire-priest-fast

i just found that which is really similar, i will def throw zombie chow in just have to figure out where. i don't like all that guys silence and orc too much. though i see what he's doing. you can make wonky shit work in wild.

hozen healer perhaps?

doomsayer and acidic swamp ooze are both 100% against the ethos, it's about having an early minion you can turbofy and win quickly, doomsayer is like punching yourself in the nuts. i think it started back in the day as chinese inner fire aggro priest. belcher has to go now that i've really thought about it more while explaining it here, that was a dumb add by me. you could also go dirty rats with the shadow words, not the path i feel like going down but it's an option if anyone else wants to explore it.

right now i'm at -sludge, - giblin, -2 shadowboxers, +2 zombie chows, +2 unstable ghoul, i really want hozen but i'm not sure what's worth sacrificing for him. well plenty of pirates to farm to find out and experiment on. giblin is kind of a holdover from the old chinese lists, he's def a gonner, idk how the guy i faced is at rank 2 now with the boxers in his deck lol. i guess they must be doing work against pirates for him but i don't like it.

fertygo

yeah the change for arena leaderboard is stupid

Its prevent for some non regular like Chakki tearing up n show up in it again or just in general at all, you can't have "ok let tryhard for arena this month for leaderboard" you have to be regular now, that stupid.. Ladder leaderboard already exclusive for vets grinder/pro, why made arena leaderboard like that as well?

I don't play arena so its not bother me, but its block some moment like Chakki streaming arena all week tryharding arena, there's story about that, Chakki is constructed pro that not play arena at all, grinding arena for a blast. to get #1 on leaderboard.

What if someone like Firebat or Savjz try to do same thing? its will special story on their stream.. now the change ensure that can't happen anymore, so stupid

Fewr

Anyone to be my friend so I can watch you in spectator mode and I get a pack of cards?

This here says I'm Fer - 1387

Thanks

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Except when epipens become more expensive, a competitor will swoop in and take the market with a cheaper alternative.

Actually, part of the reason the epipen thing is so fucked is that there are cheaper competitors, but doctors fill out prescriptions for epipens anyway.

JesseZao

Actually, part of the reason the epipen thing is so fucked is that there are cheaper competitors, but doctors fill out prescriptions for epipens anyway.

I suppose that's "fine" if your insurance covers them 100%, but any other situation, patients need to be made aware of the alternatives.

Anyway, the pack pricing change is unfortunate, but I don't see it having a lasting negative impact.

patchday

As long as Jade Idol has that idiotic shuffle option, control decks that don't have an OTK combo can never be good. As a control player you literally have to HOPE that super aggro decks continue to exist at the same rate they do now to keep the Druid population to a minimum, but even now, I'm queuing into them far more than I like and I just want to immediately mash on concede.

Jades aren't horrible in other classes. Control can beat Jade Shaman and Jade Rogue. It's literally only the shuffle option on Jade Idol that ruins everything.

I lost to a jade druid earlier with my reno mage but even still I am thankful Jade druid is here. I was so sick and tired of Control Warrior. And of course they do not drag Brawl into the Hall of Fame even tho that crap is toxic.

I'd gamble the vast majority of players could care less bout Control Warrior's plight. They can rot in hell forever+++

And yes Jade druid has ruined my reno mage's day once or twice but I vastly prefer them to Control Warrior. they were a freakin plague. It was just too much

(so in response to your post- Jade Idol is a godsend!!! This is coming from someone with only like 8 Druid ladder wins or something. I don't even play the Class! LOL!!!!)

edit- I can only imagine Control Warriors complaining bout Jade Idol lol cause they are fun fights for all of my decks to go up against. so anytime I see a 'Jade Idol is awful and they are ruinning the game' type of post I just think that screams Control warrior loud and clear in my mind. I get triggered just thinking bout that cancer deck

patchday

Yes and the fact that something like Shadowverse has a much better f2p model should be pointed out. As a consumer is fairly dumb to just eat a price change without any critical voice?

people always say stuff like this. there will always be some new yucky ccg promising a better f2p model. but what they never mention is how you need like 3 x legendary and you'll have to start grinding all over again. plus it's the same old daily grind quests and crap like that and no coop pve content etc.

I did back Epic card game kickstarter though but it comes with all the cards. Those are the only types of ccgs I consider messing with these days. I do still play Hearthstone casually since I have the whole friend's thing happening and all that. Granted, I wonder how 'casual' I really am since I do logon once every 3 days to clear quest log. I only have time for one hamster wheel like that tho cant imagine playing other f2p ccgs that actually require you to grind dailies to make gold and only rewards wins. yucky

squidyj

went 12-0 with some pseudo zoolock in arena, meant to snap decklits
hitting argus, lord jaraxxus and abyssal really helped out.

Lyng

people always say stuff like this. there will always be some new yucky ccg promising a better f2p model. but what they never mention is how you need like 3 x legendary and you'll have to start grinding all over again. plus it's the same old daily grind quests and crap like that and no coop pve content etc.

I did back Epic card game kickstarter though but it comes with all the cards. Those are the only types of ccgs I consider messing with these days. I do still play Hearthstone casually since I have the whole friend's thing happening and all that. Granted, I wonder how 'casual' I really am since I do logon once every 3 days to clear quest log. I only have time for one hamster wheel like that tho cant imagine playing other f2p ccgs that actually require you to grind dailies to make gold and only rewards wins. yucky

Shadowverse has a large pve part where you gain a ton of packs. And just for clearing the tutorial you gain 30 packs.
On top of that there are dayli login rewards and the occasional event where you get a ton of packs.

Epic is the game from the star realms devs right?

spoon!

How important is shaku to water rogue? I want to play it but I don't really want spend that much dust to craft both finja and shaku...

patchday

Shadowverse has a large pve part where you gain a ton of packs. And just for clearing the tutorial you gain 30 packs.
On top of that there are dayli login rewards and the occasional event where you get a ton of packs.

Epic is the game from the star realms devs right?

Yeah Epic is made by White Wizard Games. since the non-digital version is considered a 'Living Card game' I actually expect them to stick to their roots. but we will see.....

And yeah Star Realms is pretty good fun. Those devs really have gotten on my good side with that one

How important is shaku to water rogue? I want to play it but I don't really want spend that much dust to craft both finja and shaku...

Finja for sure. I like playing Shaku for the fun factor and it synergizes pretty well with burgle/stealth themed decks. But I didn't craft him tho I got him from a pack. I am not sure if I would've crafted him lol but he's a lot of fun. Finja for sure tho.

patchday

patchday

my current wild mage deck lacks n'zoth. I just added it tho cause I always end up duplicating belcher a ton.

Hm, just noticed Control Shaman is highly unfavored against Jade druid too. ugh man- I do like to run VLPS Control Shaman quite a bit whenever I get a Shaman quest

I still think it's kinda cool to see such a strong anti-control deck (jade druid) but I must admit I strongly stick to simple water decks (water rogue) the vast majority of my time

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
my current wild mage deck lacks n'zoth. I just added it tho cause I always end up duplicating belcher a ton.

Hm, just noticed Control Shaman is highly unfavored against Jade druid too. ugh man- I do like to run VLPS Control Shaman quite a bit whenever I get a Shaman quest

I still think it's kinda cool to see such a strong anti-control deck (jade druid) but I must admit I strongly stick to simple water decks (water rogue) the vast majority of my time

Do you have malygos? He is super strong in control shaman in wild because of ancestors call.

patchday

I sure do!!! But I was too cheap to craft Ancestor's call. But you know what screw it I'll go craft it. I've been wanting to give Ancestor's Call decks a try.

Thanks!! I forgot bout that deck.

edit- Just logged on to the client to craft Ancestor's Call and just noticed a 60g play 50 Shaman class cards Quest. I feel that this is fate lol

yeah u got me running wild reno nzoth mage today and the only deck im have super trouble with is when i run into those AC shamans. but u dont run into jade decks where i'm at (8-6 on wild)

edit: BAHA i just met a pirate warrior who ran eater of secrets. popped my iceblock on curve. brilliant!

Ladekabel

Man, I'm getting fucked today in Arena. Went 0-3 with a mage because I was facing two shamen who both had two Lightning Storm and rolled a Spell Power Totem when they drew them. On top of that one had Ancestral Spirit Earth Elemental combo. And Sea Giant continues to be my bane.

yeah i'm done with arena and just gonna save gold until the expansion to play it. arena is so boring now. it used to be a break from the standard ladder but now it feels even worse to me bc every deck picks the same OP neutrals as opposed to before whenevery deck had various OP neutrals, lol

Ladekabel

yeah i'm done with arena and just gonna save gold until the expansion. arena is so boring now. it used to be a break from the standard ladder but now it feels even worse to me bc every deck picks the same OP neutrals as opposed to before whenevery deck had various OP neutrals, lol

I like Arena more now because there isn't stuff like Piloted Shredder, Unstable Portal and other shit anymore. I'm just getting completely fucked by RNG now.

In my last 5 games I went second 4 times and just now I played a Warlock who got an Ivory Knight from a Grand Crusader and the Discover gave him Sould Fire for lethal. Just when I stabilized and had lethal the next turn.

patchday

tried to play with AC shaman. need to figure out that deck somemore. lost like 3 straight to all dragon priests ;(

I'll go back to it in a bit. switching to my other decks i know how to play. once i get to a ranked floor I'll switch back to it

(wait a sec- just blew past 15--- now will have to wait til next rank floor)

I think I'm just fuckin' bad at this game. That's the only explanation for losing to a Hunter deck with an Angry Chicken in it

It happens. There's always some RNG involved, so even the best players can lose to a newbie on occasion.

Speaking of Angry Chicken, I was grinding out some quests on Casual yesterday and a Warrior played Angry Chicken on turn 1. I was like, "WTF?" Then he played Amani Berserker and it clicked: he's doing an Enrage minion quest. So even when I had the game won, I gave him a few extra turns to play his minions out.

bunbun777

Never have had more fun with rogue as I am now with the water variant. I think I just like the random cards and finja, with quick burst ability. Not even sure how good it is but I'm over 50% so far in the lower ranks (17-14).

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It happens. There's always some RNG involved, so even the best players can lose to a newbie on occasion.

Speaking of Angry Chicken, I was grinding out some quests on Casual yesterday and a Warrior played Angry Chicken on turn 1. I was like, "WTF?" Then he played Amani Berserker and it clicked: he's doing an Enrage minion quest. So even when I had the game won, I gave him a few extra turns to play his minions out.

I did that once and I lost. So I stopped. Some people give no fucks.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Seems slow, but overall neat if real. I don't think it would be competitive, but I think it could be fun in some Beast Token Deck.

squidyj

hmmm, that actually seems relatively easy to activate. deathrattles count as summons right?
I think the biggest problem is it turns your hero power away from SMOrc by turn 5 or 6 or later when you want the non-smorc hero power early on and the smorc later on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom