• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ok, here's my match history going from Rank 20 to 15:
84zaQdj.png

(result =1 means that i won that match.. yeah i gotta improve my spreadsheet i know)

Pretty varied meta .. at least until Rank 15.
Also my decks are not exactly Kibler's Evolve Shaman and Water Rogue since i had to replace some missing cards.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
WTF people are talking about ranks? It's hearthstone! Ranks barely matter.

Time invested >>>>>>>> Any rank up to 5.
If you spend enough time you are nearly guaranteed to hit any rank. This is a children's card game after all, not exactly rocket science. Unless you are intentionally using a deck that can't win against the decks you're facing. If you have any amount of brainpower you'll end up going up in ranks. Maybe slowly, but its nearly a forgone conclusion with the win streak system. It might require more time than anyone can reasonably spend, but it's possible.

From 5->Legend just requires that on top of all that time you also have some amount of skill at playing the game for long periods.

patchday

I just fought a super insanely quick zoo deck that just pumped me (renolock) with minions. Then he suddenly slamdunks Ragnaros on turn 8, right after I've coined a twisting nether.

Ragnaros. Zoo.

This game is awful and I wish, I literally pray each and every night before going to bed, for this game to die. I don't mean ill to the developers, I would want them to transfer to another studio @Blizz but I sincerely, with all my passion and soul, want Hearthstone to evaporate from existence. I am absolutely convinced that there is no person on this planet who truly loves playing this game; they've either 1: invested too much on the game, thus allowing themselves to never quit and/or 2: don't realize how shit the game truly is because of lack of knowledge, and/or 3: they don't give a fuck. They've got nothing else to do with their time and they might as well spend their time playing a digital card game.

normally I get annoyed by salty posters but I always enjoy reading your posts. Its been rare I've spoken (or rather posted) to you directly in the various threads I've seen you post in but it's kinda funny cause I've noticed this pattern

I think if I played any game as much as you I'd be super salty too (only game I think I wouldnt get salty at would be a Dark Souls game). If I didn't know it was you I'd assume this was a drive by troll post. But it's a yoshi post. I'm gonna toast to you bro. let the salt flow man its all good. Not trying to troll you or anything. You probably dont remember me but I think I've first noticed ya in Heroes of the Storm over a year ago lol

edit- Thanks bro I was kinda of having a slightly rough day but your post brought an instant smile to my face

patchday

Ok, here's my match history going from Rank 20 to 15:
84zaQdj.png

(result =1 means that i won that match.. yeah i gotta improve my spreadsheet i know)

Pretty varied meta .. at least until Rank 15.
Also my decks are not exactly Kibler's Evolve Shaman and Water Rogue since i had to replace some missing cards.

I've been playing this weird water/stealth rogue deck I found on reddit. hit rank 11 other night before I ran out of time.

Idk I just don't have much passion to grind ladder. I usually park at 15 cause the rewards are not really much better unless you grind to rank 5. and I don't have time for that since I barely play a little every 3 days and when I do play I have to finish these quests

(Granted, I play both Wild/Standard in tandem. I am often the same rank on both ladders idk why I punish myself like this lol I should drop Wild but I love Belchers and Duplicate)

squidyj

What the fuck is wrong with these reno zoo players? they play like fucking garbage all game and rope simple turns.

probably just salty pos control players.

patchday

what deck you playing? I've only gotten BM'ed by a Dragon Priest back when I was stomping folks with Pirate Warrior pre-nerf. that silly dragon priest probably could've won if he actually played the game

and oh yeah got BM'ed in a Wild casual game once by some awful mage cause I was on a Shaman.

I tell ya man Hearthstone community be discriminating

squidyj

what deck you playing? I've only gotten BM'ed by a Dragon Priest back when I was stomping folks with Pirate Warrior pre-nerf. that silly dragon priest probably could've won if he actually played the game

and oh yeah got BM'ed in a Wild casual game once by some awful mage cause I was on a Shaman.

I tell ya man Hearthstone community be discriminating

Jade Druid, everybody in here and on reddit made it seem so cool so I thought I'd play more of it.

patchday

Ah I was guessing either Jade Druid / Shaman / Pirate Warrior. oh yeah jade druid triggers me so but I know they doing God's work keeping Control Warriors down and crying rivers on reddit. so I love those guys. I greet them everytime even if I'm on my reno mage and I know I'm gonna get creamed (most of my reno mage variants just way too slow)

Control Warrior wouldn't be be played if Jade Druid didn't exist anyway. It loses to the majority of what's on ladder right now. Control Warrior is essentially dead.

patchday

Man sometimes I see Control Warriors on Hearthstone tournaments. Man Control Warrior mirrors are the worse. just makes Hearthstone look like a boring game to play when you see people just 'tank up' for 15+ mins waiting to see which guy goes into fatigue first. just plain awful ;(

edit- lol I think even Frodan complained the last time I saw that crap

scarlet

Man sometimes I see Control Warriors on Hearthstone tournaments. Man Control Warrior mirrors are the worse. just makes Hearthstone look like a boring game to play when you see people just 'tank up' for 15+ mins waiting to see which guy goes into fatigue first. just plain awful ;(

edit- lol I think even Frodan complained the last time I saw that crap

I don't know which one I hate the most. Losing in a 5 minutes game against a pirate warrior or a 40 minutes against control warrior.

patchday

I greet pirate war opponents cause I am happy knowing my game is over super fast. I'll take 10 back-to-back pirate warriors against my rogue over a single CW

patchday

just when I was triggered to the max after getting stomped by a bunch of jade druids on my Rogue in Standard something wonderful finally happens

I switched to my old burgle rogue deck and hop into Wild. I go up against a Dragon Priest and just focus on burgling everything. I get two prophet valens and some healing spells. Grinning to my self, I RNGed myself into a smashing win

replay but it goes just like I said

edit- urgh I could've killed him a turn sooner. i blame my lack of knowledge with Prophet Velen

fertygo

If you play against control warrior you always able have game where you play your deck gameplan

like isn't that what you fucking want from a game, when pirate warrior get thing going you not even feel play a match between 2 player.

this discussion is fucking stupid

fertygo

Good aggro player can still have big chance vs control warrior, if you not that fucking careless play around shit n just dump card

I mean I can understand that too much to ask for average aggro player

That's the issue though, you don't know that you've definitely lost against CW. So you keep going, trading resources, keeping them at a life you could still finish them off if you just draw the right cards. Then comes the fatigue you've exhausted your deck and all you're left with is having wasted 20 minutes.

patchday

this bullshit self-righteous attitude is pretty much what i've come to expect from the hearthstone community.

nah its just him having too much pride for some reason and assuming we're all dumb aggro players

atm I'm goofing off on my freeze mage (w/Malygos) which had bad chances against CW. But he cant understand that

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
normally I get annoyed by salty posters but I always enjoy reading your posts. Its been rare I've spoken (or rather posted) to you directly in the various threads I've seen you post in but it's kinda funny cause I've noticed this pattern

I think if I played any game as much as you I'd be super salty too (only game I think I wouldnt get salty at would be a Dark Souls game). If I didn't know it was you I'd assume this was a drive by troll post. But it's a yoshi post. I'm gonna toast to you bro. let the salt flow man its all good. Not trying to troll you or anything. You probably dont remember me but I think I've first noticed ya in Heroes of the Storm over a year ago lol

edit- Thanks bro I was kinda of having a slightly rough day but your post brought an instant smile to my face
I have the most important exam of my life this friday and I've had it extremely rough the past few weeks. This made me smile, and I feel like I really needed that. So thanks man, thanks a lot.

Jadax

Actually I've been getting shitty quest rerolls too.

I haven't seen a 100g quest since the week the changes were implemented. I haven't seen a 80g quest since then too.

fertygo

Never played Freeze Mage, CW is the worst. Freeze Mage has the quality to win quickly when they are winning.
At Karazhan meta I remember there is stat that show average turn played before win

Mid shaman number one deck at that moment is showed averaging 8 turn iirc and control warrior is 10 turn

Is 10 turn or just 2 turn more behind midrange deck average really too much for some of you

God..

Hearthstone will in much better meta if in average there is 10 turn each game

At Karazhan meta I remember there is stat that show average turn played before win

Mid shaman number one deck at that moment is showed averaging 8 turn iirc and control warrior is 10 turn

Is 10 turn or just 2 turn more behind midrange deck average really too much for some of you

God..

I would be happier with 12.

God..

The meta back then was universally hated not sure what point you're trying to make here.

I disagree, 10 turns shouldn't be the norm. 8 sounds about right. Not to mention 2 turns on average won't mean you won't end up playing for half an hour against CW and that Brawl is not a stupid RNG card.

AndersK

Inspired by this thread, I made a home brew control warrior at rank 5. I'm now rank 3 2 hours later. This is great! Baron Geddon is so good. I missed him.

fight me

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It's crazy that Patches was exactly as broken as I thought it was. My initial instincts said that you could play Patches in your deck if you had as little as two pirates in your deck. It took us several months to get there but now I'm now starting to see competitive decklists where this is happening. For example, the /r/Wildhearthstone tier list is showcasing an Egg Druid list that runs Patches with two Bloodsail Corsairs in it. Friggin' Bloodsail Corsair! One of the least played pirates! But Patches enables them!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It's crazy that Patches was exactly as broken as I thought it was. My initial instincts said that you could play Patches in your deck if you had as little as two pirates in your deck. It took us several months to get there but now I'm now starting to see competitive decklists where this is happening. For example, the /r/Wildhearthstone tier list is showcasing an Egg Druid list that runs Patches with two Bloodsail Corsairs in it. Friggin' Bloodsail Corsair! One of the least played pirates! But Patches enables them!

Patches is being run in renolock with one bloodsail corsair. That kazookus list.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Patches is being run in renolock with one bloodsail corsair. That kazookus list.

Well kazookus isn't competitive right now, is it? And that seems suspect to me, given the stats we've seen on how much decks suffer whenever they draw Patches. You probably have something like a 40-45% chance to draw Patches before your Corsair in a deck like that.

fertygo

Well kazookus isn't competitive right now, is it? And that seems suspect to me, given the stats we've seen on how much decks suffer whenever they draw Patches. You probably have something like a 40-45% chance to draw Patches before your Corsair in a deck like that.
There is anti aggro renolock that savjs and fibonaci run that use patches with just corsair too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom