• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
0J7FKjY.png

Stop it already
=/

So Rogue didnt get any new weapon?

EDIT:Im running that minion, i think it can be ok.
EDIT2: On a second thought, not so much with the new AOE cards

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The realization of no new weapon for rogue makes this all the funnier.

Hope to see Noggen fuck with everbody in championships somehow.

Reno Priest will get it off Confessor Paletress. Perfectly counters the Freeze Mage.

So, when a Goon buffs cards in hand, they kind of shimmer until played. This is good for the other player but I don't think letting your opponent know which cards are minions and which are spells is a good thing. This could be a huge disadvantage for running these kind of decks. Why would they do this?

My meta prediction for 1-month post MSG release:

1) Aggro reigns supreme (either traditional Zoo-style aggro and/or Grimy Goons-based aggro) as it will counter Jade Golem decks.
2) Enough Jade Golem decks will hang around crushing traditional control decks (think Control Warrior and Control Priest) and most Reno decks (RIP Kabal).
3) Mid-range decks will take a back-seat to more aggressive decks but the mid-range decks won't disappear entirely, with Mid-range Shaman and some form of Demonlock showing up as a solid minority of the meta.
4) Freeze Mage will still maintain relevance.
5) Paladin will still be low tier. Priest will jump from gutter tier to mid-low tier. Shaman fall from S-tier to mid-upper tier. Whichever class has the strongest Jade Golem deck will be at the top of the tier list with one of the Kabal classes taking up the bottom of the tier list.

Keep in mind I've been playing since open beta but have never even hit Legend so I'm casual scum.

Miletius

I guess it's time to decide if I should pre-purchase Gadgetzan or not. I have 5200 saved up for packs on Day 1 regardless and I have to think if I want about 2x that amount on day 1.

Kind of leaning towards yeah, doing it. I did not prepurchase any packs, for Old Gods. Over the course of the expansion I managed to get most of the cards but still have a few holes for niche decks I would have liked to try but lacked the materials to do so. Would be nice to get a jumpstart on the collection and make sure I have more of the cards early on.

georly

Is a meme in HS different than what a meme is everywhere else?

if your definition of a meme is an image with white text on it, then i guess so? A meme can be used to mean 'an inside joke' in this case. Magma rager was notorious for being super awful and blizzard ran with that joke, that it's notoriously awful.

But minion targets would be random too wouldn't they?

Oh yeah but that's pretty much just aldor peacekeeper and keeper of uldaman.

I need to stop calling it control pally since honestly paladin has next to zero tools for control. The disparity to Warrior is mindboggling, Warrior gets everything paladin has and some, direct damage, conditional removal, draw, armor / heal, aoe, weapons,...

if your definition of a meme is an image with white text on it, then i guess so? A meme can be used to mean 'an inside joke' in this case. Magma rager was notorious for being super awful and blizzard ran with that joke, that it's notoriously awful.

Got it, but I think I considered memes somewhere between inside joke and white text on an image i mean i am currently alive in 2016 lol

Strider

This is easily the least excited I've been for an expansion... ever. There's just nothing really sticking out to me as interesting and the tribe/faction stuff has always been pretty boring to me. I'm sure I'll manage some fun at least but I see myself dropping the game sooner after this expansion than any other...

At least there are some other good card games popping up to keep me busy in down times and the next expansion also includes the removal of some sets from standard so that'll be a huge refresh.

Farewell

So they gave rogue just 2 jade golem cards?

Also that paladin deck in the reveal stream was..interesting. I really hope some of the cards can push mid range paladin, but doesn't look that good so far.

ZealousD

Got it, but I think I considered memes somewhere between inside joke and white text on an image i mean i am currently alive in 2016 lol

The internet has abused the definition of a meme pretty heavily. The original definition was essentially a piece of information that was spread across generations of people. Sort of like genes, but with learnable information rather than instructions of DNA. So, "how to build a fire" is a meme. The idea of an axe is a meme.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Wrathion is +1 health and taunt for 1 mana over azure drake in decks that don't care about spell power much.

I could see it replacing one azure drake, or being put in as a third azure drake, to be less of a bad play against aggro. If nothing else, it's a second azure drake for reno decks.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Wrathion is +1 health and taunt for 1 mana over azure drake in decks that don't care about spell power much.

I could see it replacing one azure drake, or being put in as a third azure drake, to be less of a bad play against aggro. If nothing else, it's a second azure drake for reno decks.

It isn't a dragon.

inky

Wow, look at all these new Rogue weapons. What a time to be Rogue.

Fun fact, Kripp says that Rogue will be very strong come this expansion.

ZealousD

A 6 mana 4/5 taunt draw a card is too fair to see play outside of dragon decks.

inky

If Miracle Rogue remains playable it got some great new tools Coin alone elevates the deck considerably.

Well, he didn't say it would be miracle. He was talking about Jade Golems being very reliable I think.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree either way. I was making fun at the lack of weapons for Rogue (because we all know what Blizz has said about that) and dropping Kripp's opinion too because I guess people love shitting on him here for some reason, so it seems kind of countering the idea that Rogue isn't getting much love.

I guess we'll see who is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom