• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
You're already saving your conceals on Gadgetzan. Trying to use Conceal on both seems difficult. Seems more awkward than using Questing Adventurer.

You're already saving your conceals on Gadgetzan. Trying to use Conceal on both seems difficult. Seems more awkward than using Questing Adventurer.

Conceal just strikes me as it's best usage, it could just end up not being good enough though.

But imagine if you do pull it off. It starts 4/6, then you play gadgetzan, double prep, double coin, plus 3 other spells. That's 18~ damage and you might draw your second conceal... could be disgusting. 6 health is above all the new AOEs too.

georly

Because rogue's will use it like it's mana addict 2.0? What's not clicking here. It's obviously a rogue card that'll see play with conceal, much like mana addict did back in classic.

He just means mechanically speaking it's similar to mana wyrm, just buffed in every stat and increased mana cost. Mana wyrm + bigger numbers (and same name) is an easier comparison than "different mechanic and different numbers but similar use-case."

georly

There's also this card which I don't think was shared yet.

EDIT: Also adding this card as well. It was played in the stream but they didn't highlight it. Of course, it's not that interesting of a card.

15253400_1286803704695728_1344692686314750396_n.jpg

Oh cool a worse voodoo doctor
200px-Voodoo_Doctor(410).png

He just means mechanically speaking it's similar to mana wyrm, just buffed in every stat and increased mana cost. Mana wyrm + bigger numbers (and same name) is an easier comparison than "different mechanic and different numbers but similar use-case."

The mana wyrm comparison is really obvious, but I think it'll be more of a mana addict than a mana wyrm. I don't think mage uses it, for example.

inky

I think I'm going to buy 40 packs with gold and see what I get, then go from there. Want to buy some classic packs too.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
So, maybe this was discussed and I missed it, but that 1 mana 1/2 Pirate that gets +2 atk when you have a weapon seems insane to me.

Found it:

This card is nuts. In Rogue especially, but also Aggro/Face warrior cuz FWA is always in the starting hand right? This is a 1 mana 3/2 in those decks and (probably) can't be removed on T1 without coining for most classes. For a tempo/aggro deck like the aggressive Rogue/Warrior variants, this card is insane.

Q8D3vil

Already bought the 50 pack and saved up 6000 gold for more packs. I will probably buy more if i didnt get everything i want.

List of legendaries i must have day 1:
- Kazakus
- Raza
- Aya
- White eyes
- Solia
- Sally

Extremely dissapointed with the neutral legendaries this expansion, no big stats legendaries with crazy effects and the mayor suck.

gutshot

Yeah, I'll probably go aggro Pirate warrior to start off the new month. It's already a decent deck and some of the new cards like Patches and this 1-drop will make it even better. Even the new Warrior legendary would be good in it. And it should absolutely punish all of the unrefined Jade and Kabal decks that people will be experimenting with.

Just terrible. Conditional 2 mana give 2/2 to random minion?

It's hard to factor it in, but there is also some value in just having an active secret. It causes your opponent to occasionally make awkward plays. I wouldn't say the card is good anyway, but just saying it's a conditional 2-mana +2/+2 to a random minion is selling it slightly short.

ZealousD

Dahbomb and I are tentatively scheduled to start our card review tonight. I don't know exactly when we will start as it depends on how quickly I can gets the card images ready after I get home from work. But you can follow me on Twitch to get a notification for when we start.

https://www.twitch.tv/zealousdemon

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Oh yeah WTF. 1 mana 3/2 and a 1/1? Pirates are real. Aggro is going to be strong just from this. You don't even need other Pirates maybe. Just play aggro and face cards.

Pirate Warrior is already pretty good in Wild.

An ideal start with it seems pretty strong now, especially against a slower deck. Turn 1 Small-time Buccaneer (pulls Patches, hit face). Turn 2 war axe, hit face with everything. Turn 3 bloodsail cultist, hit face with all. They're already at 14 hp.

ZealousD

In wild, Rogue has three 1-drop pirates to combo with Ship's Cannon now. Combos gonna be cray cray. Not exactly counting Patches because he'll probably come out too early for that.

wiibomb

Pirate Warrior is already pretty good in Wild.

An ideal start with it seems pretty strong now, especially against a slower deck. Turn 1 Small-time Buccaneer (pulls Patches, hit face). Turn 2 war axe, hit face with everything. Turn 3 bloodsail cultist, hit face with all. They're already at 14 hp.

what does it need from wild?

EDIT: oh this one

Rogue has three 1-drop pirates to combo with Ship's Cannon now. Combos gonna be cray cray.

ZealousD

In wild

Gang Up on Patches
Play Double Ship's Cannon
Play Southsea Captain
3 Patches come out
Play another Southsea Captain

That's 20 damage from the ship's cannons and 9 damage from the triple Patches.

Finalow

will be played in every dragon deck, just wow. another extremely good card Dragon Priest,,,

this card has to be the best joke of this expansion. you play 2 of these to counter Reno decks? Lol.
gonna dust it as soon as I see it

"how about we make another Yogg-like card?" "WHY-NOT"
probably not as bad, but I can see a lot of clown fiesta happening with this.

could be hilarious to play this with a full board after freeze Mage drops Alex, Lol.

It's hard to factor it in, but there is also some value in just having an active secret. It causes your opponent to occasionally make awkward plays. I wouldn't say the card is good anyway, but just saying it's a conditional 2-mana +2/+2 to a random minion is selling it slightly short.
I'd say it's pretty much unplayable.

there is a synergy with the new Hunter cards, but they're all beasts and at that point you just play the 1 mana spell to give +2/+2 and run better secrets instead. Rat Pack, Dispatch Kodo and Knuckles can be really good if buffed so some sort of ''buff midrange Hunter'' deck could see play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom