• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 5 legends? Hard to really pick just 5.

Raza
Aya
Shakru
Bristle whatever paladin legend
kazakus
wrathion
Sally
Don Cho

Hopefully I get some luck with my packs. There are a lot of legends this time around that I want.

Peléo

So, maybe this was discussed and I missed it, but that 1 mana 1/2 Pirate that gets +2 atk when you have a weapon seems insane to me.

Found it:

This card is nuts. In Rogue especially, but also Aggro/Face warrior cuz FWA is always in the starting hand right? This is a 1 mana 3/2 in those decks and (probably) can't be removed on T1 without coining for most classes. For a tempo/aggro deck like the aggressive Rogue/Warrior variants, this card is insane.

Yes, exactly. It's a better Cogmaster, since the effect is much harder to lose. As Papercuts said, it also summons Patches most of the time.

200px-Cogmaster(12179).png

bunbun777

I really don't know yet but initial gut feeling is...(no particular order)

Sally
White eyes
Inkmaster Solia
Kazakus
Raza

Really like patches and the war legendary too.

And Wrathion too!

Rockk

Kazakus
Inkmaster Solia
Raza
White Eyes
Hobart Grapplehammer

Patches is auto-include in pirate decks but isn't really insane. Aya Blackpaw is probably really good as well but it depends if a Jade deck is really all that great then miracle rogue or midrange shaman.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The legendaries I'm going to craft, in order, is probably:

Kazakus
Don Hon'Cho
Aya Blackpaw
Wickerflame Burnbristle
White Eyes
Mayor Noggenfogger
Sergeant Sally
Raza the Chained

Mayor Noggenfogger probably isn't good but seems like a ton of fun. Some others seem good but not super high priority for my playstyle.

squidyj

Oh yeah WTF. 1 mana 3/2 and a 1/1? Pirates are real. Aggro is going to be strong just from this. You don't even need other Pirates maybe. Just play aggro and face cards.

counterargument,
turn 1 I play mistress of mixtures.
You play this dude? do you have a 1 mana weapon you can coin?
maybe you do play this dude and you get patches
turn 2 I play jade claws and either clear your 1/2 or your 1/1 depending on whether you sent patches to my face.
your turn 2 I have a 2/1 weapon, a 2/1 body, and a 1/1 body. Is a deck with a bunch of shitty pirates going to run aoe for that?

I think if you're going first, or if you have n'zoths first mate you should be okay?

Otnopolit

I don't get this one.

Why is this useable? Trying to dilute your opponent's deck? By diluting your own?

I can see it working in Hunter. It's, at least, a 1/1 one drop with a neat effect that can change the course of the game. Houndmaster it, use one of the new buff-beast-card-in-hand. It doesn't seem all that bad to me if Reno decks end up being a mainstay in the meta.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I didn't realise Weasel went to your opponent's deck. I guess it's a beast, so it's not diluting hunter decks as much as it would dilute other decks.

It's just a pretty funny card that will at least see some play through the Maelstrom Portal summoning it.

wiibomb

I don't get this one.

Why is this useable? Trying to dilute your opponent's deck? By diluting your own?

I can see how this could be used, I have gotten screwed a lot by drawing a disruptive excavated evil, this can be buffed, then killed and disrupt the opponents deck..

not overly good or anything like that

Dahbomb

Just saw the Warlock Legendary....

God damn it Blizzard.... you were so close!

Demon Renolock in Wild is going to be a thing though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I don't get this one.

Anti-Reno tech. Drop two and find a way to kill them, and none of the Reno-styled cards work.

also half decent as buff targets for hunter's cards that buff beasts in hand, in a pinch, because they only cost 1, but otherwise i dunno

Levi

Banned
Play two Weasel Tunnelers and disrupt Reno deck's from being able to activate!

Top Five Legendaries? For me it's the three tri-class cards, Inkmaster and Grapplehammer. There are others that I like but those are the ones I'm going to craft if I don't open them.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The Weasels as anti-Reno tech aren't good enough to run unless every damn deck (or very close) is Reno-style. Hunter MIGHT want to do it just because they are beasts and therefore Kill Command, but no one else would even think of them. Kinda a weird card to print actually.

My top 5 Legendaries:
Raza The Chained (drool)
Kazakus (double drool)
Inkmaster Solia (probably not as awesome as I want her to be, but yolo)
Kun the Forgotten King
That Warlock one (Just for the Wild implications, Imagine him + Mal'ganis! LOLOLOL)

Finalow

Weasel seems more of a joke card, I don't see it ever being played in *actual good* decks.

giving the opponent a chance to draw a useless card? Sure, but you waste space in your deck for it, which is worse.
even in Hunter, running Weasel instead of the new Alleycat or Fiery Bat or whatever other good 1 drop so that you may or may not give the opponent a useless draw? Nah.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I quite like the expansion as a whole.

There are very few completely pointless cards, with most of the less good cards either being build arounds or tech cards.

There's a wide variety of new ideas to promote different playstyles, either now or when future sets rotate in/out.

The legendary quality looks way up from previous sets, and even the dumber ones look like they at least be fun.

Whether the game becomes dominated by a few decks or not, at least the card set as a whole is trying to do something new.

V-Faction

I quite like the expansion as a whole.

There are very few completely pointless cards, with most of the less good cards either being build arounds or tech cards.

There's a wide variety of new ideas to promote different playstyles, either now or when future sets rotate in/out.

The legendary quality looks way up from previous sets, and even the dumber ones look like they at least be fun.

Whether the game becomes dominated by a few decks or not, at least the card set as a whole is trying to do something new.

The very shake-up Hearthstone was looking for. These next 4-5 months will be most excellent.

Finalow

I honestly don't know how the meta will shape this thursday.
my prediction is that we will see a lot of - Jade Golem decks (Druid), something Priest (Dragon), midrange Shaman with the new legendary, Renomage/lock and some aggro decks (Warrior, most likely) trying to counter Jade Golems.

Shinypogs

The new hunter secret is so disappointing compared to the other secrets this expansion. I'll use it but I'm going to grumble about the lack of real tactics involved with it. Still, I'm excited for the new expansion and the chance to play with new deck types. Plus watching my favourite streamers mess around with stuff while they try and figure out the best new combinations.

patchday

My personal Top 5:

raza
inkmaster solia
Druid Legendary
Aya
Kazakus

So sick of shamans rolling perfect totems over and over and over again. It's just so wrong, this guy gets a healing totem to save his taunt. Then 2 taunts in a row... wtf.

like they used to say in vanilla WoW- 'nerf shamen plz blizz'. I was a Shaman main back then too that was the only class I played

Dahbomb

So it's intented that your oppenent can see which cards are buffed in your hand, stupid decision if you ask me. You can basically see if paladin has any spells in his hand.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThePlaceMatt/status/803349027626557440
I like this a lot. Less guessing and more skill involved.

I am overall liking this set a lot. Liking the neutral tech options, the themes of the gangs and the far less reliance on RNG. My only concern is that something broken is going to be discovered from this expansion and Blizzard is going to be too late to fix it which will put a black mark on the expansion.

And I told you guys about Druid Jade. Druid Jade is never going to lose against Control decks. Hell Jade decks in general win against control decks but Druid takes it to a different level where they win off of just one card.

manhack

Pirate Warrior will be better than Pirate Rogue.

As a pure face deck, I agree. Need to mess around with it a bit, but I see Pirate Rogue potential as a tempo deck with burst finisher.

Patches is nuts, the 1/2 Pirate is Cogmaster 2.0. We are just missing a Goblin Blastmage.

patchday

I like this a lot. Less guessing and more skill involved.

I am overall liking this set a lot. Liking the neutral tech options, the themes of the gangs and the far less reliance on RNG. My only concern is that something broken is going to be discovered from this expansion and Blizzard is going to be too late to fix it which will put a black mark on the expansion.

hard to imagine anything more broken then Yogg was but we will see soon wont we

manhack

My only concern is that something broken is going to be discovered from this expansion and Blizzard is going to be too late to fix it which will put a black mark on the expansion.

Sadly we might have to rely on Mid-range Shaman to keep a new broken deck in check, but at least this will help bring some balance to the game.

Hopefully is something is straight up busted they fix it quickly.

Otnopolit

Lots of fair valued tech cards. I'm seeing many tech cards that have decent stats, that become worth the value if they counteract your opponent's deck. This is the right way to do it; you don't run specific tech if the card it's attached to isn't powerful enough. You'd rather run the raw power card.

sibarraz

Banned
For me tech cards are only worthy on tournament settings where you have some grasp on against what are you playing. And a sideboard

Exception for this are cards like harrison jones since you already have a big chance of playing against a class that use weapons

Dahbomb

Hard to imagine Zoo being good with all the AOE cards that are getting printed.
Zoo will never not be good. Even with its one of its best counter Midrange Shaman out there, Zoolock put in work at tournaments and online.

If Jade Druid becomes the best deck in the game then Zoolock is still well positioned to counter it.

Peléo

I'm curious to see how powerful Grimy Hunter will be in the end. Wondering if it can replace Secret Hunter as the best deck of the class. In my opinion, Hunter got the best cards from the Goons faction and some of the already existing cards have strong synergy with them. Tundra Rhino for example, which is sometimes run in existing lists, can become insane if it gets a +2/+2, almost a Doomguard with no Drawback. Piranha Launcher is also a card I think has been a bit overlooked. The Piranhas are not meaningless (especially since they combo decently with Houndmaster, Rhino and Call of the Wild) and the damage adds up in the end. It has chances of becoming a 1-off card.

I've made a very rough sketch of what this deck would look like. Some of the cards are notably weaker (Smuggler's Crate, Knuckles, Piranha Launcher) and will probably be cut after some experimentation. The idea is to see if the core part (Shaky Zipgunner, Rat Pack, Dispatch Kodo) is strong enough to have a deck built around it.

4XAGD9Q.jpg

Anybody know exactly how ranked rewards are generated? I'm curious to find out if I have a chance to get new cards in the chest if I wait until after Gadgetzan's release to open it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom