• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

Got 5500 gold and something like 15k dust. I don't remember exactly because it's mostly all undusted dupes. I don't ever hit The Button.

Will likely see what I get from packs and then decide what deck to build from there and craft whichever cards I think it needs.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
There's going to be so much aggro tomorrow morning. Aggro paladins, aggro pirate warriors, aggro pirate rogue, aggro murloc decks.

Small time recruits feels like a major enabler for the goon cards, moreso than either warrior or hunter has.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
My first opponent RNG-killed his own minions for the first 4 turns. Felt bad for him since mine kept playing buffs on themselves.

I like playing minions and having them immediately hexed.

One priest doomed a completely full board. He overdrew like 11 cards.

fertygo

2900 gold and around 4000 dust after late night reward

prolly gonna craft kazakus straight away

hope not get too much goons shit in my pack, gimme all kabal and jade goodies

patchday

You know how I said that it's like learning a new language?

I got about a third of this, I think.

Ladder is ranked, not arena, right?

And Zoolock is a Warlock deck that has a lot of cheap minions?

I have mostly been using Shaman, but have no idea if the deck I use is good. (It's actually a Reno deck, I'm a sucker for Indiana Jones-y things). It works ok, and I got up to level 17 without having to edit, but then I lost about 10 in a row and went right back to the bottom.

I've seen people throw around the term "Midrange". What is that?

oh ya lookup some zoolock decks but replace Leroy jenkins with another charge minion
lookup hunter midrange deck but those want LoE expansion. secret hunter wants karazhan expansion. I forget I did have to craft 2 x Call of the Wild which made me cry cause 800 dust was all i had back then lol

Shaman deck kinda wants Karazhan but you can still get by just fine with class cards

Note my aggro murloc pally I speak earlier was in Casual (not Standard Ladder).

Got a warlock quest right now and doing good just beat a golden rogue player but forgot to check for legendary card back but never expect anyopne to use it since its super ugly. I do run Jaraxxus whereever possible tho for some endgame fun

squidyj

You would think people at rank 10 wouldn't be spamming Shaman and Face hunter on the last few hours of the season and right before the new expansion, but you would be wrong.

Not even sure if you can blame this on "quests" tbh.

maybe they just like the decks?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Madam Goya and Mayor Noggenfogger seem like the two shitty ones I don't want to pull. Wouldn't be super thrilled with Beardo either.

Most the class ones seem pretty solid this time. I mainly want the Mage, Priest and Shaman ones. Maybe I'll continue my gold streak and get a golden Wickerflame Burnbristle since I have golden Eadric, Tirion, and Rag Lightlord now.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
oh ya lookup some zoolock decks but replace Leroy jenkins with another charge minion
lookup hunter midrange deck but those want LoE expansion. secret hunter wants karazhan expansion. I forget I did have to craft 2 x Call of the Wild which made me cry cause 800 dust was all i had back then lol

Shaman deck kinda wants Karazhan but you can still get by just fine with class cards

Note my aggro murloc pally I speak earlier was in Casual (not Standard Ladder).

Got a warlock quest right now and doing good just beat a golden rogue player but forgot to check for legendary card back but never expect anyopne to use it since its super ugly. I do run Jaraxxus whereever possible tho for some endgame fun

Thanks for the help. I've actually got LOE and Karazhan, so I might not have to replace too much stuff.

My big issue is that whenever I look up a deck I've seen mentioned most of the ones I find are the crazy tons of legendary ones, it's hard to find ones I can actually build.

patchday

Ok this was weird. I was grinding this 30 class card Warlock quest. Was up against one of those Charge Enrage 0tk Warriors. He has me on the ropes and just concedes. I mean he literally had lethal right there while he had me on the ropes waiting for the final blow. lol never seen that before

This was Casual ofc

V-Faction

Watching some MSG final reviews and, huh, Blubber Baron...it says 'Summon' and not just 'Play'. Didn't initially parse that correctly when I first read the card. That means you can pull off some shenanigans with Barnes, Finja, Y'Shaarj.

patchday

Thanks for the help. I've actually got LOE and Karazhan, so I might not have to replace too much stuff.

My big issue is that whenever I look up a deck I've seen mentioned most of the ones I find are the crazy tons of legendary ones, it's hard to find ones I can actually build.

You may not realize this quite yet but you'll find oput soonn those decks are pure crap and get ran over by Shaman with 0 legendaries. I thought the same way when I started. I saw all those Wallet Zoth decks and couldnt wait to get them. But they blow on standard and are in the gutter right now.

The best decks in this game will always be cheap aggro. No thanks to cards like Entomb legendary-greed decks get punished.

So much removal in this game too. Dont bother crafting any legendaries. You'll always see us talking bout crafting them but wqe all know its all for naught. Shaman will just run us all over

patchday

Another tip- the best legendaries are the ones that have a good Batlecry cause they won't live past 1 turn normally. So much removal and no counter in this game.

So Control Warrior was Tier 1 for so long. They only really ran Justicar. She dies so fast but the buff was great. But she rotates out soon (edit- well not soon, probably Spring)

Granted I speak of this old meta. Tomorrow maybe things will change. Maybe we will all no longer be under Shaman's feet

manhack

maybe they just like the decks?

I'm really not a big fan of "hating" decks and complaining about it, but if "they just like the decks" then why isn't there an equal representation?

I'm not even saying you are wrong, but doesn't anyone like playing Priest, Rogue, or Paladin? Even druid is extremely low representation tonight. That is fun as hell to play and it is very strong.

The obvious answer is people just going to play the strongest decks in the meta no matter what.

My point is there is very little risk at low ranks to experiment with something even slightly different today of all days. These people aren't all racing from rank 10 to Rank 5 in the last 5 hours are they?

I don't even care if it is Mid-range shaman with Malchezaar. Just try something slightly different. We've been playing these same decks for months. Now is your last chance to try an off meta deck before they are obsolete.

Dahbomb

There are actually quite a few Legendaries I want to try out this time around. At the very least I want the tri-class bosses.

Might be spending money this time, mostly because I played 0 HS last month and missed out on a ton of gold.

Ok this was weird. I was grinding this 30 class card Warlock quest. Was up against one of those Charge Enrage 0tk Warriors. He has me on the ropes and just concedes. I mean he literally had lethal right there while he had me on the ropes waiting for the final blow. lol never seen that before

This was Casual ofc

They nerfed Charge so that the buffed minion can't attack face that turn.

ZeroX03

Banned
4200 gold saved up. Could make it 4300 if I get a nice quest before the expansion hits.

No idea what deck I want to build. Nothing jumps out at me. I'm not sure I'd add anything new to my Shaman decks at all?

patchday

My deck just 30-0'd a priest!

He ran out of shadowword deaths and already spent 1 entomb.

.eJwNzEsOgyAQANC7sBcY-eoJ3PcAhOAETBQITFdN796-A7wPe4-b7awQ9bkLcV4ztXHySW3EjDy3lm-M_Zo8tUdEopjKg5WmAAtgnJZSGjBebqsXq1HWK22tNhaUc8qLA-Og8u8qhlcaiHWWRgFgUXIBG2DjWnPjeK-ZfX83BSyq.onHessWbq7AAGeipbWUgxnILiuc

https://hsreplay.net/uploads/upload/HQjKrPg5g9g6Mwx4uuA6jA/?utm_source=hdt&utm_medium=client

wow all those dragons. priest was doomed

gutshot

Has it been confirmed that if you wait until after the expansion launches to login and check your rewards, you could receive some Gadgetzan cards?

wow all those dragons. priest was doomed

On turn 8, brann, novice, netherspite historian (already shadowstepped), shadowstep historian, play again, then finished with a 12/12 van cleef. He entombed van cleef, couldn't even deal with brann. So midnight drake got double buffed. I pulled this kind of combo off like 4-5 games in a row. Sometimes with jeweled scarab too, you get extra van cleefs often lol

patchday

I talk all this smack bout not crafting legends and I go play rogue and spam my precious Edwin. He is so awesome when they have no answer

(but I got Edwin for free at least but I slam him in every deck)

There's going to be so much aggro tomorrow morning. Aggro paladins, aggro pirate warriors, aggro pirate rogue, aggro murloc decks.

But which aggro deck will be strongest? It could literally be days before the meta settles down to the strongest class.

Exciting times.

Razakin

Just updated Gutshot's Hearthstone Collection Spreadsheet to include Mean Streets of Gadgetzan.

Also made some slight changes how the tabs are named, just to follow how Hearthstone itself calls the sets on the collection page, but copypasting the contents still should work. Hopefully there isn't any errors that I didn't see.

Didn't know that the new set only has two 7+ mana neutral cards, kinda surprising when Old Gods had 15.

squidyj

I'm really not a big fan of "hating" decks and complaining about it, but if "they just like the decks" then why isn't there an equal representation?

I'm not even saying you are wrong, but doesn't anyone like playing Priest, Rogue, or Paladin? Even druid is extremely low representation tonight. That is fun as hell to play and it is very strong.

The obvious answer is people just going to play the strongest decks in the meta no matter what.

My point is there is very little risk at low ranks to experiment with something even slightly different today of all days. These people aren't all racing from rank 10 to Rank 5 in the last 5 hours are they?

I don't even care if it is Mid-range shaman with Malchezaar. Just try something slightly different. We've been playing these same decks for months. Now is your last chance to try an off meta deck before they are obsolete.

If you're playing to have fun it's a lot harder to have fun losing all the time for a lot of people.

Dahbomb

I have around enough gold for 70 packs. I hope I get some good Legendaries.

If not then I will have to spend some money. I really want the tri-class Legendaries and a couple of other ones.

Anyone know exact release time? If it's in the morning/afternoon then I will be missing out on it because of work.

Miletius

Final tally is 5500 gold going into the morning. I'm psyched, as many. Even though I try to keep the attitude positive I am ready for a new meta. Midrange shaman after midrange shaman gets boring after a while. While I believe the reign of secret paladin was worse, I also think the playerbase is less tolerant of oppresive metas then they once were.

Anyone know exact release time? If it's in the morning/afternoon then I will be missing out on it because of work.

It'll probably be like 10 AM PDT. With server instability (maybe) I figure it's best to wait until the afternoon anyways. I won't be home until the evening, so I'm just going to be patient rather than try to open packs on my phone.

I'm ready for tomorrow because
I just bought the 50 packs.
I hardly ever have a lot of gold because I'm still working on my collection.

Oscar

Bit on the 50 for $50 preorder, fuck it.

Gonna focus on Control Warrior as usual and also find a Warlock (or Druid/Rogue) deck to climb ladder/farm the golden.

Dahbomb

I actually read all of the data for the Heroic Brawl by VS.

If there is an evidence of the power level and strength of Midrange Shaman, then these stats are the final nail in the coffin.

Just to put it into perspective: When going INTO the Tavern Brawl, about 24% of players are bringing in Shaman versus the rest. That's high but that's not even as high as Shaman representation on Ladder. That means that players were actually willing to counter Shaman or bring off meta decks.

Well what ended up happening was that the off meta decks/counter decks got eviscerated in the low ranks. And as you kept going higher and higher in the win brackets... Shamans ended up the ones that remained. It got as high as 52% in the higher win brackets!

So in a high pressure concentrated meta where everyone knew that everyone else would bring in Midrange Shaman and tried to counter it to the best of their ability... it still resulted in Midrange Shaman over performing.

The verdict is in: There's no answer to Midrange Shaman. It has now gotten into the hall of fame of some of the most dominant decks in HS history.

fertygo

I play a lot of spell druid today, of course I play against lot of shaman.. I quite confident with my winrate against them..

But a lot of my win is through sneak lethal, that made me feel man.. mid shaman gonna fuck me if that jinrui waterspeaker became staple, yeah card definitely can became staple 2-off pretty soon in mid-shamy, just swap it with 1 fire ele and/or 1 feral or manatide.

manhack

I'm hoping at least 2 or 3 decks can emerge that have a positive match up vs. Shaman. If not Blizzard will have to do something. If only 1 deck emerges that won't be enough.

Sadly this follows the undertaker scenario exactly. We had to wait for an expansion to fail to solve the meta before they took the nerfbat to undertaker.

Unlike the undertaker meta there is no single card, at least by known stats, that accounts for the Shaman being so dominant.

They just have an amazing weapon, early game minion, efficient board clears, tempo taunt minion, spell damage synergy, one of the best single target removals and insane late game.

The power level isn't going down tomorrow, but hopefully the deck can be truly countered so it isn't the only choice for serious ladder climbing.

Dahbomb

Thing from Below should've been nerfed initially.

I think right now people are looking towards Dragon Priest to be the answer to Midrange Shaman in MSG.

That and Face Warrior because Face Warrior is just going to try to finish the game before Midrange Shaman gets anything going. But Midrange Shaman has built in counters to early game Patches aggression.

zoukka

Thing from Below should've been nerfed initially.

I think right now people are looking towards Dragon Priest to be the answer to Midrange Shaman in MSG.

That and Face Warrior because Face Warrior is just going to try to finish the game before Midrange Shaman gets anything going. But Midrange Shaman has built in counters to early game Patches aggression.

I never felt good about face warrior against shaman. They have spirit wolves, thing and taunt totems to mess you up.

Dahbomb

I never felt good about face warrior against shaman. They have spirit wolves, thing and taunt totems to mess you up.
Yeah I don't either. Maelstorm Portal, Storm, Spirit Claws, early minions etc. ends up stopping it in my experience. Shaman can just tech in some heals and weapon removal to beat Pirate Warrior cold if they want to but they don't need to do it so they don't.

But other people seem to be putting stock into it. Then again other people seem to think Renolock does well against Midrange Shaman so whatever.

fertygo

Druid has no trouble beating shaman, zoolock is worse matchup

Mid shamy is not really locking down the meta tbh, plenty deck can beat it.. its pretty much the saving grace tbh, the most dominant deck is slow enough to made various deck could breath

Pirate warrior hopefully not that brokeshit to be able consistently win against druid or shamy, or its gonna be worse than mid shamy meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom