• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Overload is not the same as in purely extra mana, it's better to have a 1 mana spell with +1 overload than a 2 mana spell.

Overload is powerful when it allows you to borrow tempo from later turns. Make a more powerful play earlier, and weaken a later turn slightly. But Finders Keepers isn't playing the tempo game the same way, so overload is much more of a drawback here than it would be with a card like Totem Golem. There are still benefits to it being an Overload over a straight 2 mana card but the difference is marginal. It's still much closer to a 2 mana card than a 1 mana card in cost.

wiibomb

I just checked and I have 5300 dust... I don't even know how I still haven't crafted to legendaries I need, like gromm or antonidas...

Cat Party

Interesting interaction I just learned in the Brawl. If you shadow madness a warsong commander, its attack goes up to 3. Meaning shadow madness formally applies the charge effect to minions.

The trick rogue dream is real!

KC5BeEK.png

1-0!

edit:
I'm actually 3-2 with this deck. I lost to shaman... of course... what in this list can beat a 0 mana 5/5 along with all the other tools...

And I lost once to face warrior (had a rematch and beat him).

I just destroyed a zoolock. Turn 1 mrrglton, priest hero power. Also had backstab. And turn 2 backstab coin vancleef. He conceded lol

The first win was also against a face warrior, although a little bit of an odd one.

So, decks I'm really looking forward to trying.

Goons Tempo Warrior
Goons Beast Hunter
Evolve Shaman
Jade Shaman
N'Zoth Shaman
Jade Druid
Reno Shadowform Priest
Reno Mage

Should keep me busy for a while.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Cool, i'll check out thisj's card review out then, hopefully theres no dumb card like yogg which makes me quit for months and then when i come back its months of shamn.

As someone who hates yogg with a burning passion this looks fine. Mayor Noggenfogger is the super rng card of the set and he looks completely awful.

patchday

The trick rogue dream is real!

KC5BeEK.png

1-0!

edit:
I'm actually 3-2 with this deck. I lost to shaman... of course... what in this list can beat a 0 mana 5/5 along with all the other tools...

And I lost once to face warrior (had a rematch and beat him).

I just destroyed a zoolock. Turn 1 mrrglton, priest hero power. Also had backstab. And turn 2 backstab coin vancleef. He conceded lol

The first win was also against a face warrior, although a little bit of an odd one.

when do you play the coldlight? I mean just play it anytime you low on cards + When enemy has a lot of cards in hand (so you can mill him + draw)? or do you just play the card just whenevs?

manhack

As someone who hates yogg with a burning passion this looks fine. Mayor Noggenfogger is the super rng card of the set and he looks completely awful.

Unless we are all missing something Mayor Noggenfogger is terrible and will not be part of the metagame unless confessor paletress pulls him.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
!! PIRATLE ROGUE BELIEVE !!

* Sobs *

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
If I use flamestrike, is there a chance I'm gonna use it on my own board cuz of that randomness?

Nothing changes with spells you can't target. Even ones you can are sometimes beneficial like Swipe since it can only hit the enemy side(shown via Yogg random crap where a lot of spells still benefited the caster even with random targets).

Unless we are all missing something Mayor Noggenfogger is terrible and will not be part of the metagame unless confessor paletress pulls him.

The big nail in the coffin is the way minions interact. If they could all hit eachother on the same side it would maybe have a small iota of a chance as another latch ditch card to put down and hope that all works out for you, but that apparently doesn't happen. His stats are way too bad even in those minion scenarios for him to ever live with random minion hits only focused on the enemy side.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I've banked enough dust that I can craft one legend of my choice. I'll wait a week before I craft to see how the new cards play out, and what class I'd prefer.

when do you play the coldlight? I mean just play it anytime you low on cards + When enemy has a lot of cards in hand (so you can mill him + draw)? or do you just play the card just whenevs?

In all the games I haven't even played it yet lol... I always have too many cards. Maybe worth cutting for that reason. Maybe the 6 mana 2 aoe damage is worth it since the deck has no aoe. Or I could just run dark iron skulker.

7-3 with it atm. Lost to some weird reno rogue deck cause I had no answer to 8/8 van cleef, despite having a full hand and 3 van cleefs.

Rockk

I hate this brawl. In almost all game its a blowup one way or another. Not that fun. But my pack did give me Tirion. That's a nice 400 dust for the expansion.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Got a sick pack from the Brawl this week: Repeat Legendary (Jaraxxus) and an epic I didn't have 2 of yet (Gladiator's Longbow).

I am fully prepared: 9300g, around 2k dust, even though I don't imagine I'll bother crafting much at all until things settle down a bit.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I am fully prepared: 9300g, around 2k dust, even though I don't imagine I'll bother crafting much at all until things settle down a bit.

How long did it take you to stock up on 9300g?

I've only been playing for a week, so there's still a lot of basic cards to get, so I've been spending them as they come in, but that still seems like a ton.

Measley

Are Druids looking crazy strong in Gadgetzan, or is it just me?

They have a very powerful legendary, a spell that counters an archetype, a new ramp up spell that also summons a minion, and some other nasty stuff.

patchday

so funny how for those of us that preordered we get to see the 50 packs gift wrapped but cannot open yet. Just
blueballing
us

fertygo

Are Druids looking crazy strong in Gadgetzan, or is it just me?

They have a very powerful legendary, a spell that counters an archetype, a new ramp up spell that also summons a minion, and some other nasty stuff.

Druid will always tier 1, so its not a news

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
How long did it take you to stock up on 9300g?

I've only been playing for a week, so there's still a lot of basic cards to get, so I've been spending them as they come in, but that still seems like a ton.

It is a ton haha. I have been saving for a pretty long time. Probably since about a few months after Old Gods came out. Since I did the pre-order for WotOG, I didn't need to buy as many packs with gold at that time. I typically get around ~100 packs of each expansion or until I feel like I have the stuff that matters. It would be more, too, if I didn't buy all of Karazhan with gold (such a weak Adventure, smh).

All that said, yes this is months and months of gold built up for packs. I have also been playing constantly since release, so I have built up quite a collection which keeps my dust expenditures very low.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
It is a ton haha. I have been saving for a pretty long time. Probably since about a few months after Old Gods came out. Since I did the pre-order for WotOG, I didn't need to buy as many packs with gold at that time. I typically get around ~100 packs of each expansion or until I feel like I have the stuff that matters. It would be more, too, if I didn't buy all of Karazhan with gold (such a weak Adventure, smh).

All that said, yes this is months and months of gold built up for packs. I have also been playing constantly since release, so I have built up quite a collection which keeps my dust expenditures very low.

That makes sense. That's the downside of starting when I did. Sure, technically, I would never have to spend any real money, but then I played a game against a guy that had about six legendaries and I was there with my F2P level 10 deck and got absolutely curbed stomped. I've been trying to spread my earned gold around between Old Gods and Basic, but I'm reluctant to dust anything because I have no real idea what is useful and what isn't, and I'm still trying to figure out the meta game, so just because I don't use something now doesn't mean that I shouldn't be using it.

But that's all part of the fun. It's like learning a whole new language.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
And you picked Pavel as yer champ for that free TGT packs.

I hate you so lol ;(

ALL SKILL!
I got very lucky.

Did no research and picked Pavel randomly because I had never heard of him and no one famous ever wins Blizzcon.

patchday

ALL SKILL!
I got very lucky.

Did no research and picked Pavel randomly because I had never heard of him and no one famous ever wins Blizzcon.

Ah very smart.

I shouldnt be too envious I do have 2800 gold saved and can at least can cough up dust for 1 new legendary. expecting to open bout 80 packs by tomorrow if I can knock out these dailies right fast. I let all 3 build up ew

patchday

That makes sense. That's the downside of starting when I did. Sure, technically, I would never have to spend any real money, but then I played a game against a guy that had about six legendaries and I was there with my F2P level 10 deck and got absolutely curbed stomped. I've been trying to spread my earned gold around between Old Gods and Basic, but I'm reluctant to dust anything because I have no real idea what is useful and what isn't, and I'm still trying to figure out the meta game, so just because I don't use something now doesn't mean that I shouldn't be using it.

But that's all part of the fun. It's like learning a whole new language.

oh you must be trying to do the ladder. Yeah Ladder gets brutal real fast doesnt it? Why not just go Shaman all you need is the class cards- not a single legendary. When I was new I went Shaman and Zoolock cause they were cheap (for me) cause I didnt need any legend. Also I went mid range Hunter.

This game is cheap u guys cause the meta always leans towards those easy aggro decks.

I made a super janky Pally murloc deck yesterday for that 75 murloc quest and had like 75% win rate or so (didnt use HDT to track so I'm guessing). I forget how good simple decks are in this game

NBtoaster

Only have 2600 gold and 2700 dust. My last 2 quests were for 100 gold which was nice.

I want to try Jade Druid, but I also want to try Kabal decks. In terms of legendaries Jade Druid should work with just Aya (Kun seems good but not essential), but Kabal Mage and Priest want Kazakus and the class legendaries.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
oh you must be trying to do the ladder. Yeah Ladder gets brutal real fast doesnt it? Why not just go Shaman all you need is the class cards- not a single legendary. When I was new I went Shaman and Zoolock cause they were cheap (for me) cause I didnt need any legend. Also I went mid range Hunter.

This game is cheap u guys cause the meta always leans towards those easy aggro decks.

I made a super janky Pally murloc deck yesterday for that 75 murloc quest and had like 75% win rate or so (didnt use HDT to track so I'm guessing). I forget how good simple decks are in this game

You know how I said that it's like learning a new language?

I got about a third of this, I think.

Ladder is ranked, not arena, right?

And Zoolock is a Warlock deck that has a lot of cheap minions?

I have mostly been using Shaman, but have no idea if the deck I use is good. (It's actually a Reno deck, I'm a sucker for Indiana Jones-y things). It works ok, and I got up to level 17 without having to edit, but then I lost about 10 in a row and went right back to the bottom.

I've seen people throw around the term "Midrange". What is that?

manhack

You would think people at rank 10 wouldn't be spamming Shaman and Face hunter on the last few hours of the season and right before the new expansion, but you would be wrong.

Not even sure if you can blame this on "quests" tbh.

Dart

I'm hoping for better luck this time around, last time I got Hogger, Nat the darkfisher and Boogeymonster... :/

Got the "Play 30 Mage cards" quest so I just threw together a deck of low cost cards.

Turn 1: Mana Wyrm, Coin, Mirror image. They conceded. That's a pretty good feeling lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom