• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dre

Kinda sucks if Blizzard deliberately boosted the occurrence of tri-class cards, especially Grimestreet Smuggler seems to be busted if I take Kripp's luck into account.

Owzers

Kinda sucks if Blizzard deliberately boosted the occurrence of tri-class cards, especially Grimestreet Smuggler seems to be busted if I take Kripp's luck into account.

i probably shouldn't have dusted all my duplicates incase they do something about that, soooooooooo many dupes.

There seems to be an occurrence bonus for tri cards.

I may have made a mistake crafting those Legendary tri cards.

Yeah, I noticed this too. Which, I don't know why they would do that considering they're almost all common and rare. Now you just end up with a ton of extras.

I did get Kazakus and Aya in my first 50 packs though.

wiibomb

I'm not feeling good about this boost in the tri class cards, it might screw over the pity timer and the collection building

Shinypogs

20 packs, Kazakus and Aya Blackpaw get ! That said I can use neither of them in secret hunter so looks like it's time to switch decks for a bit.

Rockk

I'd guess that the game counts the tri-class cards as 3 seperate class cards rather than 1 card. I'm going to wait on opening my packs

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got Wickerflame Burnbristle and Don Hon'Cho from the packs with my gold.

And just looking at rares...I got 1 small time bucaneer but 7 grimestreet informants, and 9+ lotus agents with another in gold, I have to have 20+ of those.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Didn't get a single Jade idol. Only pulled 1 of the Jade ramp card and 1 of the taunt that protects the Jade golem. Those were Commons too

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
With so many people opening the Tri-class cards AND hitting multiple legendaries in packs, I wonder if the tri-class stuff is being counted 3x behind the scenes. So you get a chance to pull them more often because they are counting as 3 cards (one for each class) in the back end or something.

Very strange that so many people would be opening TONS of them like this. Doesn't feel random at all.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Ended up with knuckles, Noggenfloogen, a golden pirahna launcher, and a couple crappy epics after 40 packs. Oh well.

Dahbomb

With so many people opening the Tri-class cards AND hitting multiple legendaries in packs, I wonder if the tri-class stuff is being counted 3x behind the scenes. So you get a chance to pull them more often because they are counting as 3 cards (one for each class) in the back end or something.

Very strange that so many people would be opening TONS of them like this. Doesn't feel random at all.

A lot of people are reporting that it feels like tri-class cards are more weighted. It's probably on purpose to make people want to play these cards.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Golden Kabal Chemist from the Season Rewards.

The Triclass symbol doesn't show up on the Season Rewards screen though.

EAPidgeon

A lot of people are reporting that it feels like tri-class cards are more weighted. It's probably on purpose to make people want to play these cards.

Can support this with my draws. I got somewhere around 10-15 copies of:
Kabal Courier (x13) (Common)
Grimestreet Smuggler (x15) (Common)
Lotus Agents (x12) (Rare)

As for my only legendary in 50 packs it was:
Don'Hancho.

Pretty sleazy way to push tri-class if it's true.

Just spent about 4500 dust to fill out my Paladin, Rogue, and Neutral collection. I haven't dusted any of my dupes yet from the MSG packs nor any of the goldens. I also didn't craft the Rogue Legendary. I don't think Shaku, the Collector is going to be used much. At 3 mana and 3 health, I see it getting run off the board pretty quickly. There has to be a better 3 drop for Rogue than that.

Also, Golden Jade Shuriken animation is amazing. I don't know why I love it, but I do.

Papercuts

Just threw shit into a deck and got this the first game.

gEX40JB.png

I got both of the 5 mana hand buffer guys to stick and they snowball the fuck out of your hand.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
With the occurence rate increased for Tri-class cards like this it is hard for me not to speculate if Blizzard are doing this to force people to buy more packs. With something like this is means a person will have to purchase MANY extra packs to get a reasonable amount of the set complete. The conspiracy theorist in me feels like this is a cash-grab in the same way that the Heroic Tavern Brawl was.

Yes they both maybe have good reasons behind them, but I'm sure the business guy was standing right there in the meeting too, and nodding his head along. Feels a bit gross. I hope it's a mistake at least in terms of the pack opening bonus.

I had always assumed that pack openings used an RNG that pulled from the full list of cards in the set. However, maybe instead it goes like this:

RNG 1: Roll for rarity.
RNG 2: Roll for class.
RNG 3: Roll for card.

If that's true, then the tri-class cards should statistically show up much more often than other cards, since you have 3x the "class roll" chance when compared to other cards.

Cat Party

Hearthstone Twitter account says they're looking into the reports about tri class cards. Makes it sound like it's not intentional.

GW2HkvX.png

Welp, this is the last time I pre-order the tri-class card expacs. Got 2 legendaries and then a dupe of one (Knuckles). Probably literally got about 20 Jade Spirits and Kabal Chemists.

Papercuts

Thanks!

I have 25 Jade Spirits, 23 Grimestreet Smugglers, 22 Kabal Chemists (+1 in gold).

Rares: 7 Grimestreet Informants, 9 Kabal Couriers, 10 Lotus Agents (+1 in gold).

Out of 5 legendaries I have Don and Kazakus though these being weighted would be harder to see.

I fought against two of those "boosting decks" and one of those Jade Golem decks so far and my N'Zoth paladin just plowed through them. Not saying it's indicative of anything, but it's fun using your old deck against new archetypes and seeing it works again.

Welp, this is the last time I pre-order the tri-class card expacs. Got 2 legendaries and then a dupe of one (Knuckles). Probably literally got about 20 Jade Spirits and Kabal Chemists.

EDIT: Dunno how this double posted, my b.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
There seems to be an occurrence bonus for tri cards.

I may have made a mistake crafting those Legendary tri cards.

Zeriyah said on Reddit that Blizzard is looking into it and that they may update the Reddit thread and Hearthstone Twitter with updates.

So it seems to be unintentional.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston...ss_card_seems_pretty/?st=iw6od2n1&sh=0593303d

Blizzard said that they basically had to reinvent their backend in order to work the Tri-Class mechanic into the game. So the occurrence bonus in opening packs may be a mistake based on how they coded them to work.

If then genuinely fucked up the rarity of cards appearing in packs then they just need to straight up give full dust refund for all tri-class cards, regardless of how much dust it puts into the system.

Dahbomb

Riot incoming.

Jade Druid is kinda bull shit son. Control decks are now officially dead.

I am playing Malygos Druid with a single copy of Jade Idol... demolished two control decks with a single card. I don't have to care about over drawing in match ups, I got max ham with Gadgetan.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Got 2 Golden Kooky Chemists to go with my 2 Golden Crazed Alchemists. Aw yeah.

35 packs down, no legendaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom