• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollomat

Banned
What timer?

Here's a Reddit post discussing it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re..._opening_and_the_best_strategy/?client=safari

Basically every time you open a pack and don't get a legendary your odds of getting a legendary in your next pack increase. This keeps going until you have opened 39 packs without a legendary and there's a 100% chance your next pack will have a legendary.

The timer is separate for each set of cards. For example you can open up 39 basic packs without getting a legendary and your next basic pack will have a guaranteed legendary but your next karazhan or mean streets pack won't because they are on separate timers.

It's why you won't see anyone opening 100 packs of the new expansion and not getting a single legendary. Without this timer the odds of doing it would be low, but with enough people opening over 100 packs you'd be bound to have at least one really unlucky person who didn't get any legendaries.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
My understanding is that they count each version of the tri-class cards as an individual card, so each tri-class card takes up 3 slots in the random number generator, basically tripling the odds of getting them over a comparable rarity card.
Ah, that makes sense.

bjaelke

CynCZ_GWIAEdAvU.jpg

Add a "random" kabal card to your pack.

Dart

Welp that would explain why I have 9+ on Grimestreet Smuggler and almost every other triclass cards.... I feel cheated

Nibiru

Banned
I wonder what type of amends they will make to all the people that got screwed by the bug?
I only bought 40 packs but I also spent 2500 gold it's kind of serious business to have stacks of the same duplicates especially considering most of the tri-class cards are commons and d/e for nothing.

I wonder what type of amends they will make to all the people that got screwed by the bug?
I only bought 40 packs but I also spent 2500 gold it's kind of serious business to have stacks of the same duplicates especially considering most of the tri-class cards are commons and d/e for nothing.

I'm a little irked at this point, I got 102 duplicates in 50 packs.

ZeroX03

Banned
Have they done right by people who have been screwed over by this kind of bug in the past?

God this Tavern Brawl is impossible

Dahbomb

Alright alright alright...

I am feeling a more aggressive Renolock might do the trick. The Leeroy Faceless combo.

Thanks to stuff like Felfire Potion and you can maybe even throw in Abyssal Enforcer, you can do a lot of incidental face damage.

I got the 8 damage to face spell from Kazakus to clutch out a game against Full Jade Druid.

These Jade Druids putting double Sunfury, Mark of Wild and DoA in their decks to buff up the Jades.

Has there ever been such a big error on packs? I mean people were crying about losing a basic pack for the heroic brawl week and there's guys opening hundreds of dollars of packs right now that have no idea this is even going on.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Wrathion shows both players which cards it draws by using the jousting mechanic to determine if it's a dragon.

WHAT? Terrible. That makes the cards it draws MUCH worse if you opponent gets to see them. I think you probably still run it, but damn that seems bad.

DSmalls84

50 packs got me Shaku the collector and Sergeant Sally. I don't play rogue but neither one of these cards seems that great. Anything I'm missing here.

Strider

I'm holding off on opening any packs and spending any gold until the bug is fixed... Hopefully it'll be fine in ~4 hours when I return home

Dahbomb

Kabal Courier has been doing a lot of work for me in Renolock.

Gets me clutch removal a lot of the time. Mage and Priest have a lot of good single target removals which Warlock lacks.

Blastcrystal not that bad at all, definitely playable. I like that it's 4 mana because I can do Sylvanas combo with it.

Kazakus is god tier.

I still feel like opening a few packs if this bug is still active at EU launch. Then a 'might' be eligible for some free packs Blizz might hand out... maybe. Sorta. Kinda.

Should someone throw up a warning on the Gaming side for those players who don't visit the community thread? It might save a few people from having to deal with this duplicate fiasco.

Nothing has happened like this before in previous expansions, right? Blizz needs to address this.. I didn't pay $50 to test your shit draw rates.

Should someone throw up a warning on the Gaming side for those players who don't visit the community thread? It might save a few people from having to deal with this duplicate fiasco.

That'd probably be wise, yeah, save people some money.

Nothing has happened like this before in previous expansions, right? Blizz needs to address this.. I didn't pay $50 to test your shit draw rates.

First time this has happened. They acknowledged this on Twitter but haven't made any in-game changes yet. You think they'd close the shop at least for now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Doing some dumb napkin math, it may actually work out better for Blizard to just to give people a new pack for each MSG pack opened, then to give full dust value.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Alright alright alright...

I am feeling a more aggressive Renolock might do the trick. The Leeroy Faceless combo.

Thanks to stuff like Felfire Potion and you can maybe even throw in Abyssal Enforcer, you can do a lot of incidental face damage.

I got the 8 damage to face spell from Kazakus to clutch out a game against Full Jade Druid.

These Jade Druids putting double Sunfury, Mark of Wild and DoA in their decks to buff up the Jades.

I really feel like you need the reach. Especially when you need to race Jade golem druids.

I saw some people dropping Jarraxus even.

I feel like the triclass card problem is slightly less serious than a lot of people are making out, but it's still super shitty.

Doing some dumb napkin math, it may actually work out better for Blizard to just to give people a new pack for each MSG pack opened, then to give full dust value.

Seems optimistic. I'm stuck undecided if I should rush to open packs or not. I'll probably just wait and see.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm sure there's some clause in the game somewhere that says packs have no guarantee of anything and you can stay screwed over, but I doubt Blizzard would test people with that.

I hate this Tavern Brawl. Currently 0-5. Thanks luck.

inky

First time this has happened. They acknowledged this on Twitter but haven't made any in-game changes yet. You think they'd close the shop at least for now.

You ask too much. They'll probably come back and say it's fine and carry on as usual. They like money too much to close the store over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom