• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Meeru

Banned
JoeMartin said:
Meeru does dota 2 feel as good to play as hon? Hon has been sped up quite a bit in comparison to dota (some good, some bad - love the auto courier and relative increase in strength of support past ward hoe bagging), and there's a lot of little cosmetic things missing that I'd miss (ck explosion being the biggest at this point).

I dunno, just a lot of little things where I'd like to see how they compare - movement, pathing, fog, trees, etc etc.
Well when they said they were gonna 100% port dota 1, they mean it. So no selling anywhere you want, you can only sell at shops. You have to rebind when you upgrade courier, level up your boar, etc. (Unless they'll patch it). But its a new game, its Dota 2, and yea I feel its as good as hon.

NukeDukem

Banned
Guesong said:
So Cthulhu is pretty good, though I'm definitively not a big fan of the on-going "he's a jungler!" craze.

He's CAN jungle. I don't think he should. Like Pred I guess.

I haven't played cthulu in a real game yet, but I image that an effective strategy would be to jungle until he hits level 3, grab a shield from the high-HP neutrals (Minotaur, catman champion, and skeleton lord ) and then help gank the side or Middle lane. Rinse and repeat. I reckon once he hits level 6, and has sufficent mana for a charge + ultimate, that he can decimate the target of any gank early on.

Conceptor

LPeIC.jpg

Damn, Meeru. Bring on the troll games.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Meeru said:
Well when they said they were gonna 100% port dota 1, they mean it. So no selling anywhere you want, you can only sell at shops. You have to rebind when you upgrade courier, level up your boar, etc. (Unless they'll patch it). But its a new game, its Dota 2, and yea I feel its as good as hon.

DOTA2 confirmed for unintuitive shit.

Meeru said:
Well one thing I like is that, when combining items, even if your inventory is full, you don't have to take out an item and drop it on the ground to complete the recipe.
DOTA2 confirmed for INNOVATION.

Meeru

Banned
Tomat said:
DOTA2 confirmed for unintuitive shit.
Well one thing I like is that, when combining items, even if your inventory is full, you don't have to take out an item and drop it on the ground to complete the recipe.

Tomat

Sanjay said:
Dota 2 hardcore and HoN being most user friendly, LoL.

The main gameplay can remain hardcore, but that doesn't mean the interface has to be unfriendly.

Nome

Meeru said:

We have this in HoN too, you know :p
Well, it only works if you need to add a single item to complete.

Swag

bzm said:
removed image as per swag's request
KuGsj.gif
Wasn't a request, I just don't want you to get banned, your picture had the word ***** in it, what do you think would happen if a mod saw that?

Tomat

TheExodu5 said:
The game is still a long way from release. That might be fixed during beta.

This thread isn't the place for logic. Get out.

Meeru

Banned
Nome said:
We have this in HoN too, you know :p
Well, it only works if you need to add a single item to complete.
Yeah, lemme mention this one tho. Dota 2 you can have 2 items in your courier, and you have a full inven and it will still combine em all

Also, they have this smart item where they automatically put an item from your stash to your inventory..I had a branch and a broadsword in stash and when I went to base the broadsword went into my inven

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Meeru said:
Yeah, lemme mention this one tho. Dota 2 you can have 2 items in your courier, and you have a full inven and it will still combine em all

Also, they have this smart item where they automatically put an item from your stash to your inventory..I had a branch and a broadsword in stash and when I went to base the broadsword went into my inven
Wow, where's the micromanagement? Next you're going to tell me we won't have to click on units to see their mana.

Neki

Lyphen said:
Wow, where's the micromanagement? Next you're going to tell me we won't have to click on units to see their mana.
And then they'll be telling me that lion's stun is targettable on a unit.

Nome

Meeru said:

Interesting. That sounds pretty awesome.

Sanjay

Sebulon3k said:
KuGsj.gif
Wasn't a request, I just don't want you to get banned, your picture had the word ***** in it, what do you think would happen if a mod saw that?

Good thing no black mod ever views this thread. We safe bro.

Hmm, maybe I should try emailing Icefrog, wouldn't hurt I guess.

Are there any heroes similar to Empath in DOTA? Can't seem to find any looking through the hero list and I like her play style, especially her ultimate.

Neki

PoorFate said:
Hmm, maybe I should try emailing Icefrog, wouldn't hurt I guess.

Are there any heroes similar to Empath in DOTA? Can't seem to find any looking through the hero list and I like her play style, especially her ultimate.

click r and win?

uh.

tidehunter in dota is pretty much that.

delirium

I distinctly remember when Empath came out, S2 made it a deal that Empath's ult couldn't be done in War3's engine. So currently there's no Dota hero like her.

bzm

Ultimoo said:
click r and win?

uh.

tidehunter in dota is pretty much that.
did you really just compare empath to tidehunter?
fucking stick to that aluna smalltime apparently you dont know anything about any other heroes (pce)

Sanjay said:
Good thing no black mod ever views this thread. We safe bro.
moody confirmed for whitest mod on gaf

Neki

delirium said:
I distinctly remember when Empath came out, S2 made it a deal that Empath's ult couldn't be done in War3's engine. So currently there's no Dota hero like her.
I don't see how, Naix has infest which is kinda like Empath's ultimate. I guess the problem arises when you need to cast spells at the unit that you're inside, but that doesn't seem that hard to do, just have a dummy unit cast all your spells or something? who knows.

did you really just compare empath to tidehunter?
fucking stick to that aluna smalltime apparently you dont know anything about any other heroes (pce)
tidehunter is press r and win.

empath is press r and win.

how jelly are you?

Guesong

Tomat said:
I need to grow some balls and actually play this game.

If you are anything like me, here's what happens :

1. Log in HoN
2. Wait for an in-house or group invite from GAF.
3. Do nothing if that doesn't happen.

Once you go GAF, you never go back. Don't feel like TMM alone, especially since I'm not Thor or Loki or Pro or Bokr or Azuki or Puppet or Chair or Swag....

Concerning Ctulhuphant...fuck does that hero has nothing to do in a team fight. Trample in, hopefully stun someone, then activate ult if it's up...............and hope your teammates do the rest cause your auto-attack is not that great lategame.

I might try a Codex build for him in an IH, see how it goes. Think it'd go pretty well actually. Vanguard --> Chalice --> Striders --> Codex or something, to give him more chance of killing a hero and triggering Super Super aura.

EDIT : DogKaiser's guide is up...I am vindicated! He doesn't put him as a jungler!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You might be interested in Io.

Although Io is a relatively new hero and probably won't see a port to DOTA2 until near "official" release.

Nome

Halycon said:
You might be interested in Io.

Although Io is a relatively new hero and probably won't see a port to DOTA2 until near "official" release.
I saw him before IceFrog added him. Was a community hero I believe.
I think he's useless right now, could just be a numbers thing.

Phandy

Even I, as a practicing illustrator, am in awe of your visual abilities Sanjay.
Your ability to convey so much emotion, information, and raw beauty in so few strokes astounds me. This picture encapsulates everything I love about art.

Neki

Sebulon3k said:
He did say 90%, reading comprehension am fail?

Also Cthulhuphant does 0 damage.

aluna
midas
monkey king
blacksmith
nighthound
emerald warden
revenant
armadon
pebbles
amun-ra

10/91 = 10.9%

close, but no cigar fellas.

hit that dusty road of shame.

Kaper

Ultimoo said:
aluna
midas
monkey king
blacksmith
nighthound
emerald warden
revenant
armadon
pebbles
amun-ra

10/91 = 10.9%

now youre just trying too hard, neki :/

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Ultimoo said:
aluna - no
midas - click r 3 times over course of game to win
monkey king - k
blacksmith - click r 3 times over course of game to win
nighthound - click r 3 times over course of game to win
emerald warden - click r 3 times over course of game to win
revenant - click r 3 times over course of game to win
armadon - k
pebbles -k
amun-ra - click anything to win

10/91 = 10.9%

fixed.

P.S. an "ultimate" is called an ULTIMATE for a reason btw.

Top Bottom