• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floody

I don't know about other countries but in the UK PS4 Pro is sold out most of the time. I think first Sony need to make enough units.

Yeah, good point, but they probably could have got a good number out if they really wanted too, nothing crazy, but enough to make a dent. Seems they are just relying on the Slim, which makes sense, as it's cheaper to make and probably an easy sell, but they should push the Pro a little, instead of just doing nothing with it and Horizon is a great opportunity to.

jayu26

Because another Platform holder is about to release a new console, and Horizon seems to be one of, if not the best game to utilize the Pro, it doesn't have to get a huge push afterwards, just seems like it'd be a smart move to have something very enticing also on store shelves.
Entice with what? The damn thing sells out. If the thing sells out then there is nothing to entice with, is there? What, they should put IOUs instead of PS4 pro boxes?

Floody

Entice with what? The damn thing sells out. If the thing sells out then there is nothing to entice with, is there? What, they should put IOUs instead of PS4 pro boxes?

Entices those who are on the fence with the Switch, although it sells out fast, Sony are also just not supplying a lot too, which doesn't help with keeping them on shelves. There's probably far more demand for the Slim for example, and that has no supply issues.

bARng2J.gif

Can you read?

I said the Wii U exclusive library trounces the PS4 exclusives and I ain't the only one with that opinion. I owned both before I got rid of the PS4 after too many disappointments and the Wii U has given me most of my favorite games this gen (with the rest either on 3DS or Vita).

Being compared to Zelda is the biggest compliment Horizon can receive, not sure why that makes y'all so mad lol.

Yah...I don't agree with that opinion. IMO Ps4 library of exclusives is far better and that's not just my opinion either.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
The trick to responding to enigmatic_alex is to not respond to enigmatic_alex.

Putty

Cut the sh!t chat and get back to talking about THIS game please. Good lord...How many are actually playing this now other than our usual suspects who gave us terrific early impressions over the weekend? Can't be many surely?

JJShadow

I've seen review threads implode, but this is something for the books.

Well done everyone involved!

-

Anyway... I was paid early. Is there a UK site that has a history of sending pre-orders out early? I never pre-order, but I'm considering it here. The hype has me...

Simplygames is the way to go if you want to get it a few days early (not 100% guaranteed though)

Simplygames is the way to go if you want to get it a few days early (not 100% guaranteed though)

I think thegamecollection are normally good for a slightly early dispatch as well, but I've not ordered from them in a while

Ordered Horizon from them though, so hopefully they still are

Have the Mods ever considered just not having review collection threads? It's always a shit show and if anyone is actually trying to use them to determine purchases, they probably shouldn't

Midas

Have the Mods ever considered just not having review collection threads? It's always a shit show and if anyone is actually trying to use them to determine purchases, they probably shouldn't

It's probably better to have it all collected in one place rather than to have the discussion spread out all over the place. :lol

Floody

It'd just shit up any OT or whatever the popular pre OT thread is, they are a necessary evil imo.

Edit: or everyone would just get their own thread, which well if you ever go into an Angry Joe review thread has it's own problems.

Then can you imagine the proxy wars that'll spill into the other threads?

Better to sometimes let the shit show go on and cull the herd.

Indeed

These threads are a nice natural selection process for getting some of the children on here banned.

Maybe after it's done people will talk about reviews. I just got in here and it seems like it's already too late to have much of a discussion

must be another delusional like you

Hmmm up til recently this was very much an argument to be had.

When Nintendo's Wii u support fell off at the start of 2016 Sony really kicked it into overdrive.

Wonderful 101 remains my personal favourite gaming experience this generation.

Putty

Indeed

These threads are a nice natural selection process for getting some of the children on here banned.

Maybe after it's done people will talk about reviews. I just got in here and it seems like it's already too late to have much of a discussion

I'm here for you, i'm always here for you...

To me this was a much better thread than people anticipated. In a good way of course.

The idea being that discussing review scores wouldn't be allowed at all.

Like the review scores or don't but there never seems to be anything meaningful that comes from it.

Talk about the game without focusing on what someone other than the people in the thread think.

Tratorn

I can see the argument that the WiiU has a stronger exclusive lineup

They're not for me, but Bayonetta 2, Mario Maker, Splatoon, SSB, 3D World and Mario Kart 8 are very highly regarded

I'm personally still waiting for PS4 to come into its own in that aspect, especially compared to PS3

Realeza

Banned
The last 5 reviews really brought it down, it needs several >=9/10 reviews now to get to 89.
It's now at ~88.5%. It sits at rank 700, the first 89 game is at 612 and the last 87 game at 795).

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/all/filtered?sort=desc&page=6

And if I was the developer of the game I'd prefer 88 over 89, because it would hurt badly missing the 90 so close. :p

Horizon among the top 700 best games ever. Guerrilla Games, started from the bottom now on top.

The last 5 reviews really brought it down, it needs several >=9/10 reviews now to get to 89.
It's now at ~88.5%. It sits at rank 700, the first 89 game is at 612 and the last 87 game at 795).

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/all/filtered?sort=desc&page=6

And if I was the developer of the game I'd prefer 88 over 89, because it would hurt badly missing the 90 so close. :p
But the scores are weighted. So, couldn't Edge feasibly make up the gap by themselves? Granted, I have no clue how much weight one has over the other.

The idea being that discussing review scores wouldn't be allowed at all.

Like the review scores or don't but there never seems to be anything meaningful that comes from it.

Talk about the game without focusing on what someone other than the people in the thread think.

I think if we want review threads with meaningful discussion, it requires GAF moderation to go overtime and a bit overboard.

Just instate blanket ban all for non-review or console war talk, no questions about it, no second chances.

But that requires far too much work and an eye on the thread at all times.

Edit: Also, inb4 Edge 6/10 that dashes all your hopes.

bARng2J.gif

Can you read?

I said the Wii U exclusive library trounces the PS4 exclusives and I ain't the only one with that opinion. I owned both before I got rid of the PS4 after too many disappointments and the Wii U has given me most of my favorite games this gen (with the rest either on 3DS or Vita).

Being compared to Zelda is the biggest compliment Horizon can receive, not sure why that makes y'all so mad lol.
oh just shut up man...WiiU doesn't trounce anything. PS4 has a bunch of great exclusives, in fact all three platforms do a this point. Just because you go and converse with other Nintendo fans about how amazing
Smash brothers and Splatoon is doesn't change that fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom