• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dEvAnGeL

honestly speaking, when was the last time we had a game that didn't need a day 1 patch to work properly aside from Nintendo games? this game is worth to own on disc for sure, you can just pop it in and it will work flawless

honestly speaking, when was the last time we had a game that didn't need a day 1 patch to work properly aside from Nintendo games? this game is worth to own on disc for sure, you can just pop it in and it will work flawless
image.php

Unknown?

Dragon Quest Builders didn't have one. But this is great we don't have a 12gb patch!

Peroroncino

Nioh, Yakuza Zero, and GR2 were good with minor patches.

Yakuza patch wasn't really a 'patch', it was an update with free dlc, no bugfixes etc. whatsoever.

btw. Glad to see Edge gave it a 9, though this score is probably gonna get a wee bit eclipsed by 10 for BotW.

It is for me..
Which only proves it's not a universal thing; it's not even a universal thing for the individual. I treat spoilers differently for different mediums, different genres within those mediums, for different works in those genres, for different levels of interest regarding those works

To use blanket terms like "spoiler culture" or try to apply things like "spoilers make people enjoy stuff more" as a universal constant makes no sense

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I bought this game on PSN months ago, but the hype is only just hitting me.

Perfect timing.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
One question... can (some) hud-stuff be disabled without breaking the game?

Edit: oops double post, sorry.

Head.spawn

I finally saw a commercial for this game on Spike TV.

Gotta say, WOW! Amazing to actually see a DEVELOPER in an actual commercial for the game. I can honestly say, that's the first time I recall seeing that.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Uhhh so why are we openly spoiling that we see
child
Aloy in the game in this thread? And calling her an ugly bitch no less?

Because I warned people not to go into the spoiler thread because of it and then people started arguing it wasn't a spoiler which lead to someone saying it directly. From that point on it wasn't a spoiler because those of us who didn't know already knew. It's remarkable how we get something spoilt and then people say it isn't a spoiler. Now watch as people argue it isn't a spoiler even though the two of us had it spoilt for us. And they STILL won't understand how ludicrous they sound in light of what you said and what I just said.

Which only proves it's not a universal thing; it's not even a universal thing for the individual. I treat spoilers differently for different mediums, different genres within those mediums, for different works in those genres, for different levels of interest regarding those works

To use blanket terms like "spoiler culture" or try to apply things like "spoilers make people enjoy stuff more" as a universal constant makes no sense

It absolutely does ruin things for some people, you're not wrong, and people should absolutely try and avaoid giving away too much, especially dramatic moments and plot twists, simply out of courtesy.

But he's not wrong when he said there's increasing evidence to show that most 'average consumers' do find greater enjoyment when given spoilers in advance of experiencing narrative driven artistic mediums. It's the reason movie trailers more often than not give away the entire bloody plot so often.

I find it annoying as hell too Honestly, but yeah, the ordinary Jane and Joe public that are who every company want to sell too really do just get hyped by spoilers.

God damn lmao. This might be the ugliest kid I've ever seen. She's pretty damn hideous xD

Possible Spoilers

Reminds me of that creepy ass kid from Medal of Honor.

I mean you can stop almost any scene with a human delivering dialogue and catch them in the middle of some awkward face because you don't pause your face in the middle of a word in reality 💁🏼

I mean you can stop almost any scene with a human delivering dialogue and catch them in the middle of some awkward face because you don't pause your face in the middle of a word in reality 💁🏼

I saw that bit in a video and I think she was getting angry so, imagine that.

hbkdx12

Im considering getting the digital deluxe edition with that comes with a couple of outfits.

Code:
Carja Storm Ranger Outfit and Mighty Bow
Banuk Trailblazer Outfit and Culling Bow
Banuk Traveller Pack
Carja Trapper Pack
Nora Keeper Pack

I'm assuming these are just things that you can get through regular play but just sooner. Anyone know for sure? Can't seem to find a definitive answer.

I'm not sure if the extra tenner is worth it. If it's stuff that you can eventually come across with normal play i may just pass

Gurish

There's no way that it tops the craziest moments of Uncharted 4 where there's a million things going on on screen without dropping frames. I don't care that's you've played the game already, lol.

Which moments were those? the E3 setpiece?

How does the dynamic option work? I read somewhere I need to push the touchpad ?

Hud pops on when you're in combat, gain xp, near a quest, things like that, but you swipe the touchpad in order to bring the hud up as you're exploring, it fades away after a few seconds. Just to add compass and quest markers are always there with dynamic.

Im considering getting the digital deluxe edition with that comes with a couple of outfits.

Code:
[B]Carja Storm Ranger Outfit and Mighty Bow
Banuk Trailblazer Outfit and Culling Bow[/B]
Banuk Traveller Pack
Carja Trapper Pack
Nora Keeper Pack

I'm assuming these are just things that you can get through regular play but just sooner. Anyone know for sure? Can't seem to find a definitive answer.

I'm not sure if the extra tenner is worth it. If it's stuff that you can eventually come across with normal play i may just pass

I don't know if there's some special way to get those items through regular play, but i've never seen those outfits and weapons so far. And I have 64 hours of gameplay.

robotrock

Banned
There's no way that it tops the craziest moments of Uncharted 4 where there's a million things going on on screen without dropping frames. I don't care that's you've played the game already, lol.
The uncharted 4 E3 setpiece was ruined for me because I kept dying and it became incredibly frustrating

CHC

I like how she has big ears and kind of a round chin / jawline. Super tired of the fucking DAZ3D supermodel looking women being the default.

Are those shots from the Pro by the way? Or regular PS4? I'd love if someone could post a couple more regular PS4 shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom