• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironcreed

Banned
I already love Aloy. :3

33074800006_fa4552cd33_o.png

32989506351_1c94ab73e4_o.png

33074810226_a112f6cc14_o.png

She could almost pass for Lagertha Lothbrok with red hair. It's the similar hairdo.

Alo0oy

Banned
It was only a matter of time before Youtube drama started creeping in.

EDIT: It's just two small channels, I thought it was much bigger than that.

Tigress

Current spoiler culture is pretty ridiculous, especially in the face of growing evidence that spoilers enhance your enjoyment of products the first time though.

I don't mind spoilers in movies. I do mind them in games. For games I have to have some sort of motivation or I lose interest in playing (just how I am. Was the same about riding my motorcycle... I liked going on rides but I had to have a destination or I wouldn't want to ride). Story and discovering stuff about the world and the story are *huge* incentives for me. Finding info on the story and the history of the world in the game is some of the best reward to motivate me having a goal over anything else.

And yea, in general in game design you do want to have rewards to motivate people to want to get past the obstacle.

I don't mind spoilers in movies. I do mind them in games. For games I have to have some sort of motivation or I lose interest in playing (just how I am. Was the same about riding my motorcycle... I liked going on rides but I had to have a destination or I wouldn't want to ride). Story and discovering stuff about the world and the story are *huge* incentives for me. Finding info on the story and the history of the world in the game is some of the best reward to motivate me having a goal over anything else.

And yea, in general in game design you do want to have rewards to motivate people to want to get past the obstacle.
Not to mention that spoilers literally change the game, especially if it's a game with choices. Spoilers will influence the choices you might make, how you react to and approach certain situations, and so on.

Games is the only medium where spoilers can alter the work itself.

You may want to check World 8 on Monday.

Thanks but once the work weeks starts I can't play until next weekend. Was hoping to get a copy today.

As far as spoilers and this game, I've been trying to not watch videos because i don't want to see all the creatures and environments. To me that's as important as anything story related. Don't want to spoil the exploration and discovery of the game.

I can preorder this for $37 from bestbuy because of points and gamers club but I am not certain. I have been in the dark about the game because its better being surprised but anyone got anything to push me over the edge ?

Alo0oy

Banned
I keep hearing on twitter that the game is supposed to unlock early when you buy digitally, but I can't seem to find any evidence. Is there any truth to it?

Uhhh you spoilered wrongly..my fucking eyes. Why would you put that shit here?
Edit: Well more blocklist for some idiots. I'm so fucking mad right. Asshole was being intentional

I stumbled upon a video and thought there was some big drama going on.

It turns out this idiot was responding to a video with almost no views.

Its a channel with about 500 subs and she shared her opinion on the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvfUiYzhXe8

Its only a 5 min long analysis but I don't see anything wrong with it.

And another channel with over 200.000 subs decided to shit on her video and send his minions to down vote her video...
Basically a bunch of Gamergaters who got triggered because she used the word "feminism".

I can preorder this for $37 from bestbuy because of points and gamers club but I am not certain. I have been in the dark about the game because its better being surprised but anyone got anything to push me over the edge ?

I pre-ordereded it on PSN for full price. So if the game turned out trash (which is highly unlikely), you only need to remember that there are people out there who'd feel more miserable than you.

Alo0oy

Banned
Its a channel with about 500 subs and she shared her opinion on the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvfUiYzhXe8

Its only a 5 min long analysis but I don't see anything wrong with it.

And another channel with over 200.000 subs decided to shit on her video and send his minions to down vote her video...
Basically a bunch of Gamergaters who got triggered because she used the word "feminism".

I just checked her twitter, This guy and his followers are scum. They're actually sending her death threats smh.

120v

$40 is a no brainer for this game

I got one thing to say since the positive impressions you've been seeing match my own, but holy fuck the story beats in this game are great. I never expected something like this in an open world RPG, it's is done so ridiculously well, surprise of the year for me as far as that aspect.

I got one thing to say since the positive impressions you've been seeing match my own, but holy fuck the story beats in this game are great. I never expected something like this in an open world RPG, it's is done so ridiculously well, surprise of the year for me as far as that aspect.

That's really good to hear. I'm really excited to see how they make the world make sense with robot creatures.

nice....Yeah, gonna platinum this and either get a Switch and play Zelda or jump into Yakuza 0 and Gravity Rush 2.

I don't know if it was posted before, but on PSNProfiles, they have the trophy list up, but make sure you make it so that secret trophies aren't shown.

The Lamp

It's a well-designed open-world game without trudging through mounds of monotonous, bloated ubi bullshit and you fight giant robot creatures in a well-designed sci-fi story about how humanity causes its own ruin.
It's also the most beautiful game I've ever played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom