• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

silva1991

After Persona isn't the year just about done as far as exclusives....well Crash I guess

People already mentioned some stuff.

I'm also pretty confident Detroit will be released later this year.

Beyond: Two souls came out 4 years ago before PS4 was even released

balee dat

detroit-become-human-ps4.jpg

I gotta believe one of those heavy hitters is coming this year

Detroit, Days Gone, God of War, Spiderman etc. all hitting in 2018 would be pretty insane.

I think both The Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding are 2019 games

iMax

if anyone reads down on his tweet - he clarifies it further. The fact that WIn10 games = no xboxone exclusives = gamers with a PC will get almost all content btw PS4+Xboxone = negates the need for a Xboxone.

People don't seem to understand this. It negates the need for a PC.

Raven117

Sony really has hit it out of the park with their exclusives.

They have a little something for everybody and they didn't focus on one "killer app" (ala, Halo).

Uncharted 4 (cinematic 3rd party action), Bloodborne (ARPG), Horizon (Open World RPG), first in line for some DLC content from Call of Duty/Destiny stuff, some indies....

There is something for everyone.

Detroit, Days Gone, God of War, Spiderman etc. all hitting in 2018 would be pretty insane.

Think Detroit probably has the best chance, if any, to hit this year. God of War seems locked for early 2018. Days Gone, hard for me to see how far along it is.

GT Sport... Only Kaz knows.

On Demand

Banned
What's interesting is not whether one is ahead of the other, imo, it's that the differences are so small in comparison to the glory days of the PS2. Being ahead by a handful of key games is all that the clear market leader can manage in the era of homogenous "everything on every system" gaming.

I get what you mean and i kinda agree. PS2 had all the major 3rd party exclusives. None of that is happening these days. Still, it's having those extra games, whether they'll sell or not, is what makes your platform stand out even more in this era of homogenous everything on every system market, as you put it.

silva1991

I can't believe we just mentioned a whole truckload of titles that are probably 2017, early 2018. And we haven't touched Spiderman and TLOU 2 wow.

Because no way those will be coming this year. Both trailers screamed "very early in development"

At least with Detroit we had one trailer in 2015 and gameplay trailer last year.

KAL2006

Banned
Gravity Rush 2
Nioh
Yakuza 0
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
Horizon
Crash Collection
Wipeout Omega Collection
Nier
Persona 5
Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age
Gran Turismo Sport
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Knack 2
Ni No Kuni 2
Ace Combat 7
Hellblade

Maybe one of the following for Q4?
Days Gone
Detroit
Dreams
God of War

Sony is killing it in 2017 when it comes to exclusives.

Jubbe

lol its certainly worth taking a peek when Jeff scores something highly.

For fun, I went back and looked at the last few games Jeff gave 5 stars to and I don't like any of them:

Titanfall 2
Super Mario Maker
Axiom Verge
GTA V
Bioshock Infinite

The reviews for this game have gotten me somewhat interested, but I'm the guy that hates a lot of really highly reviewed games (Uncharted, Last of Us, GTA, The Witcher 3, etc..), so I'll probably wait until its on sale.

Man, if you dudes don't stop disrespecting MLB The Show, when it comes to exclusive. DON'T DISRESPECT THE SHOW DAMMIT!!!
Hey Hey! I named it. $100 edition every year(for shame). Ppl sleeping on dreams like usual, hot shots golf got like one mention, V what did I do to deserve this my lord R, farpoint, Wipeout omega collection, uncharted lost legacy,what remains of Edith Finch,knack 2

Third party exclusives. Year is certainly not done

Because no way those will be coming this year. Both trailers screamed "very early in development"

At least with Detroit we had one trailer in 2015 and gameplay trailer last year.

I know, it's just amazing we have so many titles in the pipeline. Good to be a gamer, bad for our wallets.

I really dont know how and open world game can be so polished.

The delay did alot of good.

Reviews have already been posted just posting some quotes from them.

Oh, I see. Carry on.

What's crazy is that Sony still has...

Days Gone
Detroit
Spider-Man
God of War
Gran Turismo
Uncharted TLL
TLoU2
Death Stranding

... and others in the pipeline.

Bonkers.

jayu26

Hot Shots Golf, Wipeout Collection and Dreams are my guess. Not expecting anything major till 2018.
First of all Gran Turismo is going to come out. That is one of the heaviest hitter even in 2017. And I think some of you are sleeping on Dreams. Those types of games are targeted towards younger gamers and they are often money making machines because of the business model they use. LBP is one of the most profitable franchise Sony made last generation.

Sony really has hit it out of the park with their exclusives.

They have a little something for everybody and they didn't focus on one "killer app" (ala, Halo).

Uncharted 4 (cinematic 3rd party action), Bloodborne (ARPG), Horizon (Open World RPG), first in line for some DLC content from Call of Duty/Destiny stuff, some indies....

There is something for everyone.

Hmm almost like
quantum break (cinematic 3rd person action)
Recore (ARPG)
Sunset Overdrive (open world RPG)
Forza Motorsport (sim racing)
Forza Horizon (open world arcade racing)
halo (FPS)
Gears (TPS)
Ryse (action Adventure)
Crackdown (sandbox open world RPG)
Sea of Thieves (shared world MMO type game)
Dead Rising (open world RPG/Zombie survival)
State of Decay 2 (MMO/zombie survival)
D4 (story pick your adventure style game)
Gigantic (MOBA)
Halo Wars 2 (RTS)

hmm yup never mind i must be wrong it's a halo box only just for FPS players
/Sarcasm

First of all Gran Turismo is going to come out. That is one of the heaviest hitter even in 2017. And I think some of you are sleeping on Dreams. Those types of games are targeted towards younger gamers and they are often money making machines because of the business model the use. LBP is one of the most profitable franchise Sony made last generation.

Gran Turismo is already confirmed for 2017. I was just mentioning titles without release date that would be Q4 games (have their own dedicated fanbase and won't be affected by 3rd Party AAA)

jmaine_ph

If I had to guess Detroit: Become Human & GT Sport this year.

God of War, Days Gone, Spider-Man - 2018

TLOU 2, Death Stranding, SP New IP - 2019

Well maybe this reviewer uses the entire scale as opposed to the rest of the industry.

Also I never liked comparing it to a grading scale since there's no difference between 0 and 50, since it's only 5 grades, which is technically a normal 5 star system. It's all semantics anyways

Yeah I acknowledged that she's using a different scale, which is totally fine and something I actually wished the whole review industry did. For that to happen though you would need some cooperation between the community and for publishers to basically forget what games have scored in the past and get used to a new normal (lower average scores).

I was just responding to the person who said 5 is an average score, which it truly has never been in game reviews. I don't think that's even arguable.

Hmm almost like
quantum break (cinematic 3rd person action)
Recore (ARPG)
Sunset Overdrive (open world RPG)
Forza Motorsport (sim racing)
Forza Horizon (open world arcade racing)
halo (FPS)
Gears (TPS)
Ryse (action Adventure)
Crackdown (sandbox open world RPG)
Sea of Thieves (shared world MMO type game)
Dead Rising (open world RPG/Zombie survival)
State of Decay 2 (MMO/zombie survival)
D4 (story pick your adventure style game)
Gigantic (MOBA)
Halo Wars 2 (RTS)

hmm yup never mind i must be wrong it's a halo box only just for FPS players
/Sarcasm
I'm confused did I miss a console war Should i go back a few pages? What was the point of this

Gravity Rush 2
Nioh
Yakuza 0
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
Horizon
Crash Collection
Wipeout Omega Collection
Nier
Persona 5
Gran Turismo Sport
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Knack 2
Ni No Kuni 2
Ace Combat 7
Hellblade

Days Gone
Detroit
Dreams
God of War

KH collection ;) don't forget and Spider-Man

AtkO

I think both The Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding are 2019 games

Detroit later this year, Days Gone for March next year, and God of War for late 2018. Spiderman... I don't see it coming before 2019, same for DS and TLoU2.

Edit : Holy moly it's true, Gran Turismo Sport...

This onslaught has to stop. I was this close to buying a Switch but by the time I finish Yakuza, Nioh and this it's gonna be April and Persona will be out
OT54I7m.png

This year has been crazy. We have gotten so many games and most are of quality. I won't have any shortage of new releases until E3, where many games will again be announced.

Papacheeks

Banned
Gran Turismo, Knack 2 and Wipeout Omega Collection if those are your thing. Also Uncharted 4 standalone DLC.

Hollyshit!!! I totally forgot about Wipeout collection.

Seeing that game in 4k has possibly convinced myself to go to the darkside...........and get a PS4 pro possibly if my PC build doesn't cost a lot.

Bad7667

Sorry, I got sidetracked responding to Servbot24's reply.

I think your examples of inexcusable content are likely to result in a game failing to get the relevant certification to even be released. Do you think that a game that tackled those themes in an inexcusable way would get as far as being reviewed?

But, I think there is a grey area there: What about Manhunt? Technically competent? What about the morality of the game? What about GTA? Ethically dubious? How many points do we deduct?

I doubt we're going to agree, and I don't want to have a bad-tempered argument. I just think that a 0/10 review needs something solid on a technical front to back it up. Opinions are one thing, reviews are another.

Reviews are opinions. If you want a review to be nothing but facts it would no longer be recognizable from what we call reviews. And even taking your point into consideration, that the review needs to tackle the technical aspects of a game, that too would be opinion. Some people have zero problems with framerate drops and others find games that do completely unplayable.

Whenever you ask someone to review a product and give a score, it's in the opinion of the person who reviewed said product.

Krakin

Gravity Rush 2
Nioh
Yakuza 0
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
Horizon
Crash Collection
Wipeout Omega Collection
Nier
Persona 5
Gran Turismo Sport
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Knack 2
Ni No Kuni 2
Ace Combat 7
Hellblade

Days Gone
Detroit
Dreams
God of War

That's not exclusive anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom