• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hot take: I hope Ghost of Tsushima 2 doesn't come out anytime soon

Really? I thought the game was quite average in many areas.
Boring exploration, boring side quests, boring traversal, fairly low enemy variety with forgettable bosses too, beautiful but static world that doesn't feel reactive, highly dependant on repetitive "activities", no interesting places to go.

Aside from better art direction, a more interesting main story and marginally better combat it was a fairly generic Ubisoft type game with the same issues. I'd even argue Ubisoft does a few things better (personally I thought the sidequests in, say, AC Odyssey were quite a bit more fun and varied than Tsushima)
i'm not criticizing tshushima. i'm simply saying that it is what it is, it's good at pretty distinctively being what it is (not so much a 'check the boxes' game as a gentle meditation), but it's also a closed circle. by the end, it's ended. which i'm fine with...

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I really hope Sucker Punch takes their time with Ghost of Tsushima 2. I know a lot of people are hoping we'll see a teaser or trailer along with the PS5 Pro reveal, but I'm hoping the game is much further out than that.

I really don't want just more of the same with Ghost 2, I think Sucker Punch has somewhat of an opportunity to take this franchise to the next level similar to Rockstar taking Red Dead Redemption 2 to the next level after Red Dead Redemption.

Give them all the support they need from Sony Visual Arts Group and Sony Malaysia.

I'd be more than fine if this game comes out in 2027 or 2028 as long as it isn't a reskin of Ghost 1. I think one of the biggest enhancements they need to make is to the NPC AI giving the world some more life.
Bidding Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Just don’t take any ideas from Ubisoft.
Weather system, better stealth better Parkour, more weapons variety better open world, more enemy variety, dynamic open world, not fake one like Rockstar, take more ideas from ubisoft, ubisoft makes better open world than sony only developers actually match ubisoft is Rockstar.

Fess

I guess the question there has to be hold it back in what way?

If it comes down to AI and other CPU intensive elements maybe, but other than that I'm not sure I see it.

It could potentially be a very long time til PS6. We could be looking at 2030 for all we know.
PS5 games are already dropping low on dynamic res and we’re just 4 years into the gen and you’re talking about a 10 year generation…
Not ideal.
And even if PS5Pro would come out and boost the generation things need to not look and play like crap on PS5. Means they can’t go crazy. But on PS6 they can do whatever they want.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
PS5 games are already dropping low on dynamic res and we’re just 4 years into the gen and you’re talking about a 10 year generation…
Not ideal.
And even if PS5Pro would come out and boost the generation things need to not look and play like crap on PS5. Means they can’t go crazy. But on PS6 they can do whatever they want.

I think the latter half of the PS5 generation is going to have more 30 fps games and that will certainly be the case with cross gen, but I do think Sony and publishers will look to recoup costs with a longer generation. There's very little reason to rush a new generation when hardware hasn't even come down in price this generation.

I agree.
I hope they take their time and make the game they want to make, and release it when it’s actually done, not 97%, not 99%, but 100% done.

Xtib81

Don't worry, they already take forever to make games. So no matter what, we will most likely not play it until 2026.

Last edited:
I don’t think you have anything to worry about. Imo, we probably won’t see Ghost of Tsushima 2 until 2028-2029 at the earliest generously speaking at the rate we are going with AAA games.

BaneIsPain

I believe in Sucker Punch studio. They are more respectful of Japanese culture and historical studies than Ubisoft. Every revealing detail in AC Shadow is a mess.

vivftp

Hot take.. launching 01 game per generation is unacceptable and proof os mismanaged resources

Sucker Punch is a single game studio and on the smaller side of things compared to many of the other PS Studios. They're not multi-project like other studios such as Insomniac or Naughty Dog. AAA games on average right now take about 5 years to make (give or take). They shipped their last game just a few months before this gen began, a MP expansion a month before this gen began and dropped a hefty DLC just a year later in the Directors Cut with the Iki Island expansion. They very well may only have 1 major release this gen with GoT 2, but given their history they may have DLC on top of that.

None of that is indicative of mismanaged resources. Not every studio is going to churn out multiple full games a gen.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Just don’t take any ideas from Ubisoft.

Nah, they 100% should, this fucking game even existing AT ALL is because of AC series lol

Add prone, add a seasonal system, add the ability to blow out candles, lights etc.

Fuck you telling me? A seasonal system that changes the map in real time is bad? Don't have that in Ghost 2? Have less or?

The world felt very hollow and shallow. Most of the villages were copy and paste jobs and the villagers themselves were entirely unmemorable.

There are a lot of things you can do to make the gameplay feel tighter and more fluid. Creating more variety in enemy types would be great too. Rather than just making it rock paper scissors, give enemies multiple attacking styles for example rather, hey this guy is a bruiser, and this is how you beat him.

You can make the world more livable as well. All Jin does in the first game is go to hot springs and pet foxes.
I completely agree the only thing I'm kind of able to put to the side with their game is this was after all the first time making a game quite like this so I am able to kind of be more forgiving

I felt that because of the scenario of the invasion it's hard to make those villages have a lot going on because you could just run with the narrative that an invasion is happening so it's going to stop certain things but there's places on the map where you see things occurring like fishing villages where obviously a lot of commerce and interaction can exist here.

Playing lots of other open world games it just seems like Ghost is extremely shallow and you could clearly see there is some influence from a ass creed but assassins creed has much more function.

I would prefer more layers of depth of what you can do, But it just felt like the stealth was extremely limited, You could not do much in the open world, And the open world itself at times could feel very static.

These are all things I believe they could definitely work on with a sequel.
I’m way more interested in Sekiro 2. I wasn't biggest fan of Tsushima to be honest.
lol I had a feeling you would be. Ghost isn't bad, but.....it has a lot to work on. The gameplay isn't very deep and the stealth is almost braindead, like the Ai is as slow as could be, like you could kill 20 out of 21 people and the last person standing will literally just walk around the camp like nothing is wrong, like the whole camp didn't disappear lol

Weather system, better stealth better Parkour, more weapons variety better open world, more enemy variety, dynamic open world, not fake one like Rockstar, take more ideas from ubisoft, ubisoft makes better open world than sony only developers actually match ubisoft is Rockstar.
^ Beat me to it!

The fucking truth sir

I hate when people speak with just ignorance and bitter shit, its like...I get folks hate the publisher, I see no reason to force some fakeness into pretending they don't have more functional features or something and be like "don't look towards the company you was inspired to make Ghost from" lol

Ghost will always be a day 1 for me, no one should be doubting how well Ubisofts teams do open world titles. I don't even know if any publisher exist with that much well rounded studios in this area of design, as its not an easy thing to do well, yet they have a whole fucking stable of solid developers.

I agree and I love Rockstart, but their volume is no where near Ubisofts and Ubisoft can make Rockstar in so many areas. With stuff like this, I got based on the function, feature, actual tangible elements we can talk about. I'll ask someone what makes Ubisoft bad or something, they'll start off telling me some whole ass sob story about hugging trees and the environment and the company hurt they feelings or some dumb shit lol

I hope Ghost 2 knocks it out of the park, its a day 1 for me regardless, but one would have to literally be smoking crack if they think what makes more sense for Sucker Punch, is to NOT LOOK at Ubisoft.

nowhat

I dont see how its possible to even make a game called Ghost of Tsushima 2, there is no story left to tell, but id like to see a completely separate Ghost of *insert location name
I mean, if Sucker Punch is trying to be (somewhat) historically accurate, there was a later Mongol invasion attempt in mainland Japan... how that would be titled, I dunno.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
lol I had a feeling you would be. Ghost isn't bad, but.....it has a lot to work on. The gameplay isn't very deep and the stealth is almost braindead, like the Ai is as slow as could be, like you could kill 20 out of 21 people and the last person standing will literally just walk around the camp like nothing is wrong, like the whole camp didn't disappear lol
I played this game right after Sekiro it really was underwhelming expriance by comparison some of the characters pisses me right off like that idiotic uncle and that stupid mongol commander.

ahtlas7

Gold Member
Nah, they 100% should, this fucking game even existing AT ALL is because of AC series lol

Add prone, add a seasonal system, add the ability to blow out candles, lights etc.

Fuck you telling me? A seasonal system that changes the map in real time is bad? Don't have that in Ghost 2? Have less or?

Ubi has you covered
QX0AO5N.jpeg

And your wait is almost over

EDMIX

I believe in Sucker Punch studio. They are more respectful of Japanese culture and historical studies than Ubisoft. Every revealing detail in AC Shadow is a mess.

Yea...I don't know about all that.

I'm trying to be nice here man, stop trying to force fake thing in favor of one team vs another based on seeking to bash a game. You do not fucking care about "historical" anything.....

Ghost is so filled with inaccuracies its not even funny, I don't see much in AC Shadows because the game has not released, I don't even know what would be debated btw as most of what is even shown in AC Shadows so far, can be supported by many sources, so we don't know enough about the game to really be fucking act in as if Ghost Of Tsushima is "respectful" historically vs AC

1. The island itself doesn't even represent Tsushima well, as Tsushima is made up of many smaller islands, but to clearly not have to make a fucking boat function, they just made 99% 1 large land mass (something I doubt AC would do as they have a boat feature in many of their games, like you see in Origin, Valhalla etc)

2. The very weapons used in the game, most of them didn't even exist in 1274, like the game literally has bombs that the Mongols throw at you, during this time that wasn't a thing...

3. The whole "code" thing with Samurai starts during Edo Period, not 1274, we are talking about hundreds of years difference btw

So understand what I"m saying here man, stop with this whole "more respectful then Ubisoft" they both fucking have historians assisting them, they clearly will both pick and choose what they add and what they don't use. If AC made a game in Japan where the island layout was made up, it had bombs used by the enemy and talked about some Bushido code that never existed until hundreds of years later, you'd have a fucking field day crying over the "disrespect" lol

I don't buy you care about any of this shit btw, I think you are using the narrative of what is being said today and you are assuming Ghost Of Tsushima is this accurate thing and AC Shadows is not, in reality...when the dust settles, it might be AC Shadows with concepts more closer to being historically accurate then Ghost.

if the Japanese didn't freak out over all of those fake things in Ghost, I'm sure they'll be just fine with AC Shadows, as neither of theses games are fucking history books to be acting like this and I said this shit 4 fucking years ago before anyone was even on here asking about this shit btw lol
I played this game right after Sekiro it really was underwhelming expriance by comparison some of the characters pisses me right off like that idiotic uncle and that stupid mongol commander.
LOL YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Don't even get me started on that dumbass story! As someone that loves JRPG stories, that story needs to be solid or else I'll just hate the rest of the experience. The worst part of that story is easily his friend Ryuzo, this might be one of the dumbest characters I've seen in some time or just a bad story, plot etc. It comes off as cheesy and almost funny with how bad it is. The man betrays his own people for food.....at first I thought like it was a trick, like oh he would trick them and then you'll find out he was always on Jin's side and the enemy was fooled or some dumb shit, turns out.......yea Ryuzo legit is betraying you for food for his people.

This man dead ass ran pass whole fishing villages, wild boars, bears and shit, deer, I can't stop laughing lol

This is some mindless, absolutely braindead writing to the point of laughter. Imagine a game trying to tell you this in the story and you are running pass all this fucking wild life that you can eat, you literally do a damn mission with him near a fishing village and its like "so......you didn't see all that fucking food or nah"?

The characters just don't do it for me. They come off as exaggerated, stereotypical (like trying to sound wise for no reason or something) or try to come off as bond villains in a time that it seems a bit off and weird

Ghost is a great once over, it has a setting that should be enjoyed, but its story is just horrid and boring, gameplay is very dull (like the Ai being zombies), stealth being an after thought despite the game being called "ghost", the best part of ghost is how great its setting looks and the sword play. Its a once over I'd still recommend.

Not a GOTY
Not a BEST SAMURAI game
Not a BEST STEALTH game

or anything of the sort (and I personally love Sucker Punch), but I got to call a spade a spade. I want them to do better and in my heart, I can't ignore those short comings.

RickSanchez

Hotter take: Leave it be.

Don’t do sequels just for the sake of doing sequels.
I am aligning with this point of view more and more as i grow older. Sometimes, great movies/shows/games/books remain great because they were a one-off flash of brilliance from the creative minds involved; and that kind of success is difficult to emulate in a sequel, because you're inevitably trying to follow a formula instead of trying to create something new.

Also i think us milennials grew up with a lot of very good original IPs coming through in our childhood which had underwhelming sequels / reboots.

So yea, leave our beloved IPs alone and go create something new.

Fess

I think the latter half of the PS5 generation is going to have more 30 fps games
30fps? Good luck lol
Would be better to just end the gen and fully commit to PS6. With PS5 Pro coming out it’ll just end up in a Series S and X scenario. Nobody want that. Definitely not devs, by the end being forced to get games running on some 10 year old low spec junk would be awful.

vivftp

I am aligning with this point of view more and more as i grow older. Sometimes, great movies/shows/games/books remain great because they were a one-off flash of brilliance from the creative minds involved; and that kind of success is difficult to emulate in a sequel, because you're inevitably trying to follow a formula instead of trying to create something new.

Also i think us milennials grew up with a lot of very good original IPs coming through in our childhood which had underwhelming sequels / reboots.

So yea, leave our beloved IPs alone and go create something new.

Many studios will go for years or decades without a truly big breakout hit, or they never achieve such a milestone. Asking for a studio who's finally achieved such a hit to just immediately dump it after one game and go searching for another big breakout hit is not reasonable. A sequel to a very popular game is as close to job security and guaranteed income as they can have. It's even more beneficial when it's a passion project for the studio, which Ghost of Tsushima obviously was for Sucker Punch. There are millions of gamers who love the franchise and demand a sequel. Once the Ghost of Tsushima movie drops there will no doubt be many millions more who will want to dive into the first game and will be clamoring for more. This isn't a case of milking a franchise to death, and whether they go for an iterative sequel or a transformative sequel there will be an audience for both.

There're tons of studios creating new things all the time so there's no shortage of new experiences for folks who want that. SIE is very good at giving a mix of sequels and new IP, and this gen will be no different. If a studio wants to go try something new then fine, but we shouldn't condemn a studio for wanting to build upon success.

Last edited:

Hypereides

Gold Member
Good lord, you can't be serious.

Absolutely no. One of the last places any self respecting developer should take notes from is modern day Ubisoft. Their modern good stuff are flukes. Besides that, the less homogeneity the better in this industry. AAA studios are in dire need of carving out some individualism.

DeepSpace5D

I really enjoyed Infamous 2 compared with the first one, and Sucker Punch has grown alot as a studio. They handle sequels well imo and I have high expectations for Ghost 2.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
To be honest, I didn't totally realise it at the time. But after the mess that was ragnarok and how bored I am with horizon forbidden west. Ghost of tsushima is probably my favourite sony IP now.

I'm excited for Cory's new game but we don't know anything about that.

A ghkst of tsushima 2 at 75 to 80 percent of red dead 2 would be my favourite game in years I think.

I hope they can make something like that.

EDMIX

Absolutely no. One of the last places any self respecting developer should take notes from is modern day Ubisoft. Their modern good stuff are flukes. Besides that, the less homogeneity the better in this industry. AAA studios are in dire need of carving out some individualism.
?

Why? Actually provide real details on why those functions should be ignored, if its just some whole feelings thing about hating the publisher, I don't know if anyone should take you seriously if your whole take is some emotional thing or something lol

Like....thats a lot of fucking features to ignore to pretend they've just been successful at all of this by accident or something lol (I don't buy you have a logical point btw, but will gladly stand corrected)
To be honest, I didn't totally realise it at the time. But after the mess that was ragnarok and how bored I am with horizon forbidden west. Ghost of tsushima is probably my favourite sony IP now.

I'm excited for Cory's new game but we don't know anything about that.

A ghkst of tsushima 2 at 75 to 80 percent of red dead 2 would be my favourite game in years I think.

I hope they can make something like that.

I personally like Ragnarok better then Ghost and Horizon, but to each their own.

I feel they can progressively make a solid sequel, but they have a lot of work ahead of them.

More traversal features (like a boat or something as they can let that slide in game 1, I don't know how they make another game and ignore Japan is a series of islands)
More dynamic weather (AC Shadows out here with a whole ass seasonal system), I'd like something like that along with random weather like typhoons.
Make Stealth matter or get rid of it, better Ai that actually knows you exist lol What good is killing 100 dudes if they don't even realize you exist, but shit they don't even realize the world exist lol
More things to do in the actual villages, they are completely dead, like nothing going on and lifeless. Like trading stuff
Let me camp like in RDR2 (you was right to bring that up lol) and let us stay in Inns across Japan on our journey

So much can be done its not even funny, its a work in progress and the Sequel has a lot going for it if done right.

Hypereides

Gold Member
?

Why? Actually provide real details on why those functions should be ignored, if its just some whole feelings thing about hating the publisher, I don't know if anyone should take you seriously if your whole take is some emotional thing or something lol

Like....thats a lot of fucking features to ignore to pretend they've just been successful at all of this by accident or something lol (I don't buy you have a logical point btw, but will gladly stand corrected)

(...)
That's nice, EDMIX. Nice tag, btw.

EDMIX

That's nice, EDMIX. Nice tag, btw.
lol....so...nothing then?

if you hate the publisher, I don't know if what you are saying here matters all that much.

Developers are fine to look at what Ubisoft is doing with open world design, you don't have much other then some emotional bias or something lol

Ubisoft has years of experience in developing open world games.

Think about it.

They are loaded with systems upon systems like it’s nothing. Meanwhile CDPR committed Cyberpunk fiasco trying to make 10 npcs walk on city streets.

EDMIX

Ubisoft has years of experience in developing open world games.

Think about it.

They are loaded with systems upon systems like it’s nothing. Meanwhile CDPR committed Cyberpunk fiasco trying to make 10 npcs walk on city streets.
People generally go towards personal attacks when they can't really support their argument I do find it strange that Anyone would even try to put up some bizarre claim that this is not the publisher to follow regarding open world despite their large number of studios that are Extremely established in this area.

I think they try to throw around the word "generic" or copy and paste, despite these games aren't just coming out every 6 months or every year it's taking 5 plus years for some of these games to release

And when they do they are jam-packed with working functional features that flow well inside of other systems that they've created

I can't really just pretend that every other open world game has entire cop systems or train systems or all these other functional webs that connect intricate systems to do something and then act as if that's just the normal thing.

That is something even amongst the best developers struggle with by the way so I think because of how effortlessly they pull a lot of these things off people get this general idea that it must be simple or easy and I think they're taking for granted the difficulty in actually making those systems work together efficiently and I think CDPR is a great example to show that not everyone can actually do those things and maybe people are not understanding the true difficulty in actually getting all those things to work together like NPC behaviors or having vehicle systems or whether systems or train systems.

Replaying Watchdogs 1 I think I got more appreciation for what they are trying to do after playing cyberpunk because you realize that this team was able to do a lot of things even with Playstation 3/360 hardware that starts to come under appreciated when everyone else is struggling even mimicking them

The way I see it if what they're doing is just so simple and so generic everyone should be fucking doing these things... I think Ubisoft prioritizes a lot of these ideas with their teams over the generations that they just make it look easy.

So to us, AC Shadows having a weather system, ships to go from island to island etc is normal, thus people make it like its easy

Yet Ghost Of Tsushima lacks this....I don't hear anyone making it sound like Sucker Punch is dumb or something lol, but clearly they are not pulling off a Ubisoft level of open world interconnectivity. So maybe Ubisoft has a stable of teams extremely well versed in making those systems make sense and many are just mad or upset or too emotional to admit they are doing sell better or something they wished their favorite game was doing or something.

(Sorry for the baby Tree Vaibhavpisal lol)

Lol no one can make open world as good as ubisoft in terms of sense of freedom including Rockstar

But sucker punch and every sony open world did thou, copying ubisoft, they are not even try to copy PS4 ubisoft, they are literally copying PS3 ubisoft, Sony games are PS3 ubisoft games with pretty graphics, the level of systems in ac orgin alone bitch slap entire Sony open world

People generally go towards personal attacks when they can't really support their argument I do find it strange that Anyone would even try to put up some bizarre claim that this is not the publisher to follow regarding open world despite their large number of studios that are Extremely established in this area.

I think they try to throw around the word "generic" or copy and paste, despite these games aren't just coming out every 6 months or every year it's taking 5 plus years for some of these games to release

And when they do they are jam-packed with working functional features that flow well inside of other systems that they've created

I can't really just pretend that every other open world game has entire cop systems or train systems or all these other functional webs that connect intricate systems to do something and then act as if that's just the normal thing.

That is something even amongst the best developers struggle with by the way so I think because of how effortlessly they pull a lot of these things off people get this general idea that it must be simple or easy and I think they're taking for granted the difficulty in actually making those systems work together efficiently and I think CDPR is a great example to show that not everyone can actually do those things and maybe people are not understanding the true difficulty in actually getting all those things to work together like NPC behaviors or having vehicle systems or whether systems or train systems.

Replaying Watchdogs 1 I think I got more appreciation for what they are trying to do after playing cyberpunk because you realize that this team was able to do a lot of things even with Playstation 3/360 hardware that starts to come under appreciated when everyone else is struggling even mimicking them

The way I see it if what they're doing is just so simple and so generic everyone should be fucking doing these things... I think Ubisoft prioritizes a lot of these ideas with their teams over the generations that they just make it look easy.

So to us, AC Shadows having a weather system, ships to go from island to island etc is normal, thus people make it like its easy

Yet Ghost Of Tsushima lacks this....I don't hear anyone making it sound like Sucker Punch is dumb or something lol, but clearly they are not pulling off a Ubisoft level of open world interconnectivity. So maybe Ubisoft has a stable of teams extremely well versed in making those systems make sense and many are just mad or upset or too emotional to admit they are doing sell better or something they wished their favorite game was doing or something.

(Sorry for the baby Tree Vaibhavpisal lol)
While Ubi has done its fair share of milking franchises, I think that makes people overlook good or even great things they do.

Currently they are doing different franchises in Avatar / Star Wars and pushing their design as well. Something I feel should be appreciated.

As for new AC title, I will be very surprised if it wasn’t most technically accomplished title of the year.

PeteBull

Gold Member
I really hope Sucker Punch takes their time with Ghost of Tsushima 2. I know a lot of people are hoping we'll see a teaser or trailer along with the PS5 Pro reveal, but I'm hoping the game is much further out than that.

I really don't want just more of the same with Ghost 2, I think Sucker Punch has somewhat of an opportunity to take this franchise to the next level similar to Rockstar taking Red Dead Redemption 2 to the next level after Red Dead Redemption.

Give them all the support they need from Sony Visual Arts Group and Sony Malaysia.

I'd be more than fine if this game comes out in 2027 or 2028 as long as it isn't a reskin of Ghost 1. I think one of the biggest enhancements they need to make is to the NPC AI giving the world some more life.
Ghost1 came out in july 2020, even death stranding2, which obviously is smaller game will take at least to 2025(if no delays, which nowadays basically always happen), earliest we will get ghost2 might be 2026, maybe not even then and we might need to wait till 2028 ps5 and ps6 x-gen release.

Trailer or teaser trailer( so no gameplay) doesnt mean game comes out next year rofl, u are a gaffer u know how much time between teaser trailer and actual game launch it can take, especially in sony's case- absolute record holder is obviously trico(last guardian) with first trailer in 2009 and game launch in 2016(still turned out to be topnotch game :)

Edit: Another good example, not from sony, is cp2077, teaser trailer in jan 2011, launch obviously in dec 2020 so 9 years gap and game still was rushed af only reaching its true potential when expack came out in sept 2023 so over 12 years after teaser trailer :p

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
I hope it doesn't come out at all and we get another infamous if i have to be honest.

First one was just ok except for the outstanding art design of the locations.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
The hottest of takes: I want Sucker Punch's next game be set in another historical setting. Like the Crusades. I wanna play as a crusader, slaying infidels.

After seeing this vid

I envisionned a rts with crusader otters. Below is the only proof of concept
7UOdg4G.jpeg

Im open to work if you manage to convince Sucker Punch, my other project, Castelvania x Harry Potter, never took off.

I really don't want just more of the same with Ghost 2

Thats exactly what you will get. They are not there to reinvent the wheel, its a game with a proven concept and they will just build on it but to expect a total revolution in gameplay is wishful thinking. Also its already been over 4 years we are due for a sequel and even if it came out in 2026 I highly doubt its going to fair any different. Theres a reason Spiderman 2, GOW 2, Horizon 2 didnt go out of their way to change too much because they already made a solid foundation.

BaneIsPain

Yea...I don't know about all that.

I'm trying to be nice here man, stop trying to force fake thing in favor of one team vs another based on seeking to bash a game. You do not fucking care about "historical" anything.....

Ghost is so filled with inaccuracies its not even funny, I don't see much in AC Shadows because the game has not released, I don't even know what would be debated btw as most of what is even shown in AC Shadows so far, can be supported by many sources, so we don't know enough about the game to really be fucking act in as if Ghost Of Tsushima is "respectful" historically vs AC

1. The island itself doesn't even represent Tsushima well, as Tsushima is made up of many smaller islands, but to clearly not have to make a fucking boat function, they just made 99% 1 large land mass (something I doubt AC would do as they have a boat feature in many of their games, like you see in Origin, Valhalla etc)

2. The very weapons used in the game, most of them didn't even exist in 1274, like the game literally has bombs that the Mongols throw at you, during this time that wasn't a thing...

3. The whole "code" thing with Samurai starts during Edo Period, not 1274, we are talking about hundreds of years difference btw

So understand what I"m saying here man, stop with this whole "more respectful then Ubisoft" they both fucking have historians assisting them, they clearly will both pick and choose what they add and what they don't use. If AC made a game in Japan where the island layout was made up, it had bombs used by the enemy and talked about some Bushido code that never existed until hundreds of years later, you'd have a fucking field day crying over the "disrespect" lol

I don't buy you care about any of this shit btw, I think you are using the narrative of what is being said today and you are assuming Ghost Of Tsushima is this accurate thing and AC Shadows is not, in reality...when the dust settles, it might be AC Shadows with concepts more closer to being historically accurate then Ghost.

if the Japanese didn't freak out over all of those fake things in Ghost, I'm sure they'll be just fine with AC Shadows, as neither of theses games are fucking history books to be acting like this and I said this shit 4 fucking years ago before anyone was even on here asking about this shit btw lol

LOL YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Don't even get me started on that dumbass story! As someone that loves JRPG stories, that story needs to be solid or else I'll just hate the rest of the experience. The worst part of that story is easily his friend Ryuzo, this might be one of the dumbest characters I've seen in some time or just a bad story, plot etc. It comes off as cheesy and almost funny with how bad it is. The man betrays his own people for food.....at first I thought like it was a trick, like oh he would trick them and then you'll find out he was always on Jin's side and the enemy was fooled or some dumb shit, turns out.......yea Ryuzo legit is betraying you for food for his people.

This man dead ass ran pass whole fishing villages, wild boars, bears and shit, deer, I can't stop laughing lol

This is some mindless, absolutely braindead writing to the point of laughter. Imagine a game trying to tell you this in the story and you are running pass all this fucking wild life that you can eat, you literally do a damn mission with him near a fishing village and its like "so......you didn't see all that fucking food or nah"?

The characters just don't do it for me. They come off as exaggerated, stereotypical (like trying to sound wise for no reason or something) or try to come off as bond villains in a time that it seems a bit off and weird

Ghost is a great once over, it has a setting that should be enjoyed, but its story is just horrid and boring, gameplay is very dull (like the Ai being zombies), stealth being an after thought despite the game being called "ghost", the best part of ghost is how great its setting looks and the sword play. Its a once over I'd still recommend.

Not a GOTY
Not a BEST SAMURAI game
Not a BEST STEALTH game

or anything of the sort (and I personally love Sucker Punch), but I got to call a spade a spade. I want them to do better and in my heart, I can't ignore those short comings.
I do care about historical accuracy but not that strict. I’m not pretending to be expert especially a game that i’ve platinumed it 4-5 years ago.

but japanese do care, you can find it on social media. a lot of sloppy job from reveal trailer to the concept art to even promotional event.

not to mention, ubisoft japan apology for using unauthorized flag.

XIPwLsr.jpeg

I’m sure you can find a lot of mistakes even a miniscule error. I’m not going to discuss on yasuke and thomas lockley debacle (wikipedia/britannica edit war)

Kokoloko85

No thanks.

Sony should spend that money and give the team the resources to finish there games quicker, 4/5 years is enough. The engine and game mechanics are done.
4 years is enough for a sequel.

GOT had amazing combat, presentation, graphics, decent characters and story etc. But the open world, NPC’s, and extra x factor wasnt anything special.
4/5 years now with a ready made engine, is enough to show there true talents. Everything is set for them to take it up a levels, but 4/5 years is enough to prove it.

Majormaxxx

I only want one thing from them - make the next game more varied when it comes to side activities. I completed it 100% and the repetitive activities stood out a bit too much. Maybe if you repeat something, repeat it 2-3 times. Not 10.

Hell, yeah!

I didn't know that GoT was supposed to be something else. Interesting! But your idea bout GoT 2 being set during WW2 is also something that sounds cool as fuck.
Here is the leaked internal demo.

And thanks! I just think it would be a great opportunity to keep similar theming, while also changing up the gameplay for a sequel so it doesn't get stale which is something that has happened to Spiderman and God of War.

Top Bottom