• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2013 Part 1. Haswell, Crysis 3, and secret fairy sauce. Read da OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk269

Mkenyon, you going compression fittings this time? I have barbs, but got some compression fittings for some testing of some stuff and I seem to like them, but have not really committed to re-working my loop to compression fittings until I make another major upgrade.

Ken

Random question as I figure out how to acquire a desktop in the next few months: How do people transport desktops on planes? Do they take them apart or something?

scogoth

mkenyon. You need to reconsider the Mdpc sleeving, yes it's a*lot* of work but for a build that meticulous it's definitely the way to go. If not for the higher quality sleeving then for the custom length cables.

A great man once said
"Buy Cheap - Buy Twice" is so true with pretty much everything to do with computers.

PC GAF!

I has a few Q's for ya!

-I keep debating between the ASUS Rampage IV Gene and the ASUS Sabertooth X79. Any thoughts to sway me to one? (I'm getting a i7-3930K if that helps)

-Does anyone happen the know the sound quality of those boards? I'm no audiophile but I'm playing on hooking up speakers (probably klipsch 2.1 speakers for now) and decent headphones (high-end VModa, Ultrasone, Denon, etc.).

-Keyboards! I can't seem to find the right keyboard for me. I am looking for a mechanical keyboard but one that also has a backlight. I loved the Tt eSPORTS MEKA G-Unit but sadly it only has "selective backlighting" on the keys. My next contender is the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2013 (heard these use brown keys?). Can anyone recommend any other keyboards?

-Also...how is Seagate QA hold up these days on their HDDs? I am shocked how cheaper they are compared to WDs

Random question as I figure out how to acquire a desktop in the next few months: How do people transport desktops on planes? Do they take them apart or something?

I'd like to know this as well since my future location is up in the air at the moment.

Your main options here are
1. Ship the PC to wherever you are headed. Package it like a retailer would.
2. Pack your PC+monitor in boxes w/ packaging material and place them in checked luggage.

In either case, you're spending money to get this stuff from point a to point b, just a matter of pricing and convenience.

EDIT: Typically, one does not need to take apart a PC to transport it. Be careful of any bits that are fragile and stick out, though (exterior fans or whatever). If you can remove those and pack them safely, you'd best do so.

PC GAF!
-Also...how is Seagate QA hold up these days on their HDDs? I am shocked how cheaper they are compared to WDs
In recent memory, Seagate HDDs have taken a noticeable plunge in quality after they acquired Maxtor (known in the past for their cheap and unreliable drives). If I recall correctly, WD got hit the worst during the Taiwan Flood-induced Hard Drive shortage of 2011. They're still recovering a bit from that and their drive prices reflect that.

I find WD blacks remain pretty much the best consumer drives out there. But that's just my (probably outdated) view.

In recent memory, Seagate HDDs have taken a noticeable plunge in quality after they acquired Maxtor (known in the past for their cheap and unreliable drives). If I recall correctly, WD got hit the worst during the Taiwan Flood-induced Hard Drive shortage of 2011. They're still recovering a bit from that and their drive prices reflect that.

I find WD blacks remain pretty much the best consumer drives out there. But that's just my (probably outdated) view.

Hmm alright, seems like nothing has changed then. I was my view as well.

Ken

Your main options here are
1. Ship the PC to wherever you are headed. Package it like a retailer would.
2. Pack your PC+monitor in boxes w/ packaging material and place them in checked luggage.

In either case, you're spending money to get this stuff from point a to point b, just a matter of pricing and convenience.

EDIT: Typically, one does not need to take apart a PC to transport it. Be careful of any bits that are fragile and stick out, though (exterior fans or whatever). If you can remove those and pack them safely, you'd best do so.

I see, thanks. Would it not be possible to, assuming the tower fits, stick it in a luggage with clothes around it and bring it as carry on? I'd rather not check in expensive items if I can avoid it.

LordAlu

-Keyboards! I can't seem to find the right keyboard for me. I am looking for a mechanical keyboard but one that also has a backlight. I loved the Tt eSPORTS MEKA G-Unit but sadly it only has "selective backlighting" on the keys. My next contender is the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2013 (heard these use brown keys?). Can anyone recommend any other keyboards?
Could try the CM Storm Trigger?

Addnan

I have the CM Storm Quick Fire TK with blue keys and I love it.

appaws

Banned
So i'm trying to build my first gaming pc (using pcpartpicker place), and I have a build set up but i'd like to try to get it under $1200 (really id like to get it around $1000, but i'll spend $1200 on it. The only thing I have is a mouse, so i'm working from scratch and I've never done this before so any suggestions or help (or cheaper alternatives to the things i picked that should still be pretty good) would be appreciated.

I guess my goal is to have a pc that can play a game like witcher 2 and planetside 2 (one of the games on steam i own) at high settings, and be able to have good performance for the upcoming rome total war 2 game

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XOjH
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XOjH/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XOjH/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($194.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9500 AT Ball Bearing CPU Cooler ($33.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($134.98 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($124.03 @ NCIX US)
Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP600 32GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate SV35.5 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($73.49 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($269.99 @ NCIX US)
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N180UBE 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adapter ($19.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Noctua NF-B9-1600 37.8 CFM 92mm Fan ($19.98 @ Outlet PC)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($88.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: LG UH12NS29 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.94 @ Outlet PC)
Monitor: Asus VS248H-P 24.0" Monitor ($159.99 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Logitech MK120 Wired Slim Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($16.00 @ Amazon)
Total: $1396.32
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-05-16 23:37 EDT-0400)

I guess I'll put in my two cents even though I am a Chicagoan and you have an evil Packers avatar. Go Bears!

If you are looking to cut out a few things I think you will be able to.

1. This is a desktop, so you can cut out the wi-fi adapter, just plug it in...performance is better that way. -$20

2. You need to get the 3570 "k" processor, so you can overclock...Also, we are so close to Haswell you should probably wait a few weeks and go that route. +$20

3. Do you need Blu-Ray? Do you need an optical drive at all? If so, save 20 bucks and go with the vanilla Asus model. -$20

4. Why the 92mm case fan? Drop that. I assume that case comes with some fans, and you will figure out if you need more later. -$20

5. Instead of going for that very small SSD now, just drop it off and wait a while until you can afford to get a bigger one. -$40

6. RAM. If this is mostly a gaming PC, then you could just drop down to 8GB of ram and add more later if you need it. Just grab a good (2x4GB) of low-profile ram. I just looked at Newegg and that is about $65. -$60

So I just knocked off 140 bucks. You are on the right track. My advice: Wait a few weeks for Haswell/Z87 and study the OP like the Torah.

MedIC86

seemingly confirmed specs (fudzilla)

We managed to confirm the full spec of the upcoming Nvidia Geforce GTX 780 graphics card as well as some performance numbers, so we can see how well it measures up to the competition.

Judging by the slides that we saw, the GTX 780, based on Nvidia 28nm GK110 GPU, packs 2304 CUDA cores and works at 863MHz base GPU clock. It feature Nvidia's GPU Boost 2.0 that takes it up to 900MHz for the GPU. It will feature 3GB of GDDR5 memory clocked at 6000MHz and paired up with a 384-bit memory interface. The GTX 780 needs 6+8-pin PCI-Express power connectors and has 250W TDP. It comes with two DL-DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort outputs.

As noted earlier the GTX 780 reference graphics card will use the same cooler previously seen on the GTX Titan that should hold it at somewhere between 40 and 45 dBA making it much less noisy than the GTX 680.

According to an Nvidia-made performance slide that we had a chance to see, which pits the new card to AMD's Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition, the GTX 780 should end up anywhere between 25 and 50 percent faster than the HD 7970 GHz Edition, with exception of the Tomb Raider where it is faster by around 20 percent.

In any case, we'll know for sure on the 23rd of May, when the GTX 780 is scheduled to launch. The rumored price puts it at anywhere between €500 and €600 but as always, the price is not carved in stone as Nvidia can easily change it.

Thing is, if it has 3gb the 500 euro range comes a lot closer, lets hope so.

phpcpctgnam9guy2.jpg

mkenyon

Banned
Mkenyon, you going compression fittings this time? I have barbs, but got some compression fittings for some testing of some stuff and I seem to like them, but have not really committed to re-working my loop to compression fittings until I make another major upgrade.
I went comp fittings on my last rebuild.

I really liked the Monsoon fittings. They work really really well without killing your fingers. This one though I'm using push fittings and 10mm copper pipe. No tubing.
Purchased a power supply!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00608MP5E/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Seasonic Platinum 860 - fully modular. Seems like a great unit that should be more than enough for two GPUs and a decent overclock.
I hate to be a negative nancy, but there's a really high rate of coil whine with that specific model. Also, no going with the Corsair cables if you were thinking about that route.

Alright, for your options.

CPU Block

Pick out EK Supremacy or LTX block of your choice. The LTX performs on par with the Supremacy for socket 1150/1155. The Supremacy takes a lead with 1366/2011. It's pretty much a choice of aesthetics.​

Radiator

Pump

Res/Pump Top

What I'd suggest here is either go with the EK X-Res 140, or if you wanted the Bay Spin Res then mount it on the roof. The LD PC-V7 has rails along the top and front that allows installation of 5.25" devices. Then you just add the D5 X-Top as the next stop after the reservoir outlet. Using gravity as your friend here will make sure the pump is properly fed and increase performance. You can get the X-Top in Black/White/Clear, though I linked the clear.​

Tubing

EK-Tube, and I'd go ahead and get 10 feet. That allows redos and screwups, which are known to happen on the first build.

Fittings

90 and 45 degree fittings are your friend. The EK ones are pretty good, and will definitely work with the theme you already have going. You'll want 16/10mm compression fittings (also sold as 3/8" ID x 5/8" OD). If you go with the X-Res, you'll want 6. If you go with the bay res and X-Top, you'll want 8.

The angle adapters exist to make tubing tidier, and though they are expensive, it's really the difference between a clean build and something that looks like it could be a shrine to Cthulhu. I'd actually suggest getting the case and parts first, lining everything up, and seeing what can go where. Or, just open up paint and do a quick sketch of how your loop will run, and you can get a good idea of what fittings you'll need. It will vary based on whether you go with the X-Res or Bay Res. We can go over this later once you've nailed down your options.​

Fans

Really depends how much you want to spend. You could go with the red versions of the Noiseblocker e-Loops on the high end, Corsair SP 120 Quiet Editions, or even something as simple as Yate Loon med/low RPM versions.
You'll not go wrong with that choice that is for sure!
As noted, the AX860 and Seasonic X860 have really high rates of coil whine. It's to the point where'd I'd actually recommend the Flextronics over it.

mkenyon

Banned
Yep yep.

After the glowing review on Johnny Guru, it actually pushed me to go for the 760i. I really hate coil whine.

Also, fun fact of the day. Johnny Guru himself passed the reigns on to his protege and now works at Corsair. This was about a year ago.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I went comp fittings on my last rebuild.

I really liked the Monsoon fittings. They work really really well without killing your fingers. This one though I'm using push fittings and 10mm copper pipe. No tubing.

I hate to be a negative nancy, but there's a really high rate of coil whine with that specific model. Also, no going with the Corsair cables if you were thinking about that route.

Alright, for your options.

CPU Block

Pick out EK Supremacy or LTX block of your choice. The LTX performs on par with the Supremacy for socket 1150/1155. The Supremacy takes a lead with 1366/2011. It's pretty much a choice of aesthetics.​

Radiator

Pump

Res/Pump Top

What I'd suggest here is either go with the EK X-Res 140, or if you wanted the Bay Spin Res then mount it on the roof. The LD PC-V7 has rails along the top and front that allows installation of 5.25" devices. Then you just add the D5 X-Top as the next stop after the reservoir outlet. Using gravity as your friend here will make sure the pump is properly fed and increase performance. You can get the X-Top in Black/White/Clear, though I linked the clear.​

Tubing

EK-Tube, and I'd go ahead and get 10 feet. That allows redos and screwups, which are known to happen on the first build.

Fittings

90 and 45 degree fittings are your friend. The EK ones are pretty good, and will definitely work with the theme you already have going. You'll want 16/10mm compression fittings (also sold as 3/8" ID x 5/8" OD). If you go with the X-Res, you'll want 6. If you go with the bay res and X-Top, you'll want 8.

The angle adapters exist to make tubing tidier, and though they are expensive, it's really the difference between a clean build and something that looks like it could be a shrine to Cthulhu. I'd actually suggest getting the case and parts first, lining everything up, and seeing what can go where. Or, just open up paint and do a quick sketch of how your loop will run, and you can get a good idea of what fittings you'll need. It will vary based on whether you go with the X-Res or Bay Res. We can go over this later once you've nailed down your options.​

Fans

Really depends how much you want to spend. You could go with the red versions of the Noiseblocker e-Loops on the high end, Corsair SP 120 Quiet Editions, or even something as simple as Yate Loon med/low RPM versions.

As noted, the AX860 and Seasonic X860 have really high rates of coil whine. It's to the point where'd I'd actually recommend the Flextronics over it.

Awesome! Thank you for all the details - looks like I have a good deal of browsing/research to do this weekend. At first glance, though, my amateur self likes everything you've picked out.

Quick question: The reservoir top - I've Googled; but want to be sure I "get it." Basically it allows you to attach your pump to the reservoir, correct? I had seen before purchasing the V7 that it had the 5.25 roof fittings, which I really liked. I had originally fallen in love with such an idea after looking at the Caselabs accessories system. But like you said - I think I want to really think out my build before buying; as I don't know how much I'll like a random reservoir sitting up there unless it's well hidden.

I definitely don't mind splurging on the angle adapters if it makes things prettier. And I'm glad to hear you like the Monsoons as compression fittings, as they're easily my favorite looking.

I'm at work so can't really look too much - but looks like I'm looking at about $575 + shipping without the GPU blocks. A bit pricey, for sure - but like you said - it'll look great, run great (5Ghz on Haswell, maybe?), and other than GPU blocks I can continue using it for years to come.

Oh - and I included the fans - I *love* the looks of those; and reviews seem really good. Are they pretty much the best you can buy? Should I plan to do a push/pull or is one set of fans (3 for the radiator) sufficient?

Thanks again!

EDIT: Oh, and as for the Seasonic - it's 2 months old with a warranty and receipt from NewEgg. I purchased it off a high-feedback seller on another forum for $130. I asked him how the coil wine was - and he said it's there if everything else is silent; but with a couple fans on low it's near-impossible to discern. Figured I'd take the chance and find out for myself. Worst case, I can probably sell it for what I paid and just pick up a Corsair at Microcenter in a pinch.

Which, though - leads me to another question. I did know it as I was looking last night; but why are those Corsair cables only good on certain Corsair PSUs? Aren't they universal? Am I going to run into an issue using 3rd party cables on my powersupply?

I see, thanks. Would it not be possible to, assuming the tower fits, stick it in a luggage with clothes around it and bring it as carry on? I'd rather not check in expensive items if I can avoid it.
Possible? Maybe, but unless you have a small form factor PC you'll have some fun packing the thing much less lugging the it around. That assumes it's small enough that the airline will allow it to go on board with you.

This is the reason I usually prefer to use shipping for this. You can have it sent to any place you need (like your hotel, or whatever) for about the same price as checking it and it's typically treated better.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Got a new FW prompt for my 840 pro, I know it's recommended to backup data but it's not necessary correct?

I thought the data migration SW would help but it's only good for SSD to SSD transfer.

mkenyon

Banned
Awesome! Thank you for all the details - looks like I have a good deal of browsing/research to do this weekend. At first glance, though, my amateur self likes everything you've picked out.

Quick question: The reservoir top - I've Googled; but want to be sure I "get it." Basically it allows you to attach your pump to the reservoir, correct? I had seen before purchasing the V7 that it had the 5.25 roof fittings, which I really liked. I had originally fallen in love with such an idea after looking at the Caselabs accessories system. But like you said - I think I want to really think out my build before buying; as I don't know how much I'll like a random reservoir sitting up there unless it's well hidden.

I definitely don't mind splurging on the angle adapters if it makes things prettier. And I'm glad to hear you like the Monsoons as compression fittings, as they're easily my favorite looking.

I'm at work so can't really look too much - but looks like I'm looking at about $575 + shipping without the GPU blocks. A bit pricey, for sure - but like you said - it'll look great, run great (5Ghz on Haswell, maybe?), and other than GPU blocks I can continue using it for years to come.

Oh - and I included the fans - I *love* the looks of those; and reviews seem really good. Are they pretty much the best you can buy? Should I plan to do a push/pull or is one set of fans (3 for the radiator) sufficient?

Thanks again!

EDIT: Oh, and as for the Seasonic - it's 2 months old with a warranty and receipt from NewEgg. I purchased it off a high-feedback seller on another forum for $130. I asked him how the coil wine was - and he said it's there if everything else is silent; but with a couple fans on low it's near-impossible to discern. Figured I'd take the chance and find out for myself. Worst case, I can probably sell it for what I paid and just pick up a Corsair at Microcenter in a pinch.

Which, though - leads me to another question. I did know it as I was looking last night; but why are those Corsair cables only good on certain Corsair PSUs? Aren't they universal? Am I going to run into an issue using 3rd party cables on my powersupply?
Pump top - You simply connect the pump to the top. There are combo res/tops like the X-Res that I linked. If you go with the bay reservoir, then you have a tube that goes from the reservoir out to the pump top inlet. The reservoir needs to be above the pump top as the D5 pumps need gravity in their favor to work properly.

This is a bit pricey, which is why I was suggesting the XSPC stuff as a good alternative. The Raystorm D5 kit comes with everything. It has cheap fans and the tubing is bleh, but at $300 it's still a crazy good deal.

The Noiseblocker eLoops are pretty much the bees knees when it comes to fans. I mean, look at the beauties.

The Corsair cables only work with Corsair PSUs. The other cables you are looking at are simply extensions, which means you plug them into the end of the standard cables that come with your PSU. You can not plug extensions into the PSU itself.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Pump top - You simply connect the pump to the top. There are combo res/tops like the X-Res that I linked. If you go with the bay reservoir, then you have a tube that goes from the reservoir out to the pump top inlet. The reservoir needs to be above the pump top as the D5 pumps need gravity in their favor to work properly.

This is a bit pricey, which is why I was suggesting the XSPC stuff as a good alternative. The Raystorm D5 kit comes with everything. It has cheap fans and the tubing is bleh, but at $300 it's still a crazy good deal.

The Noiseblocker eLoops are pretty much the bees knees when it comes to fans. I mean, look at the beauties.

The Corsair cables only work with Corsair PSUs. The other cables you are looking at are simply extensions, which means you plug them into the end of the standard cables that come with your PSU. You can not plug extensions into the PSU itself.

ive-made-a-huge-mistake-gob-arrested-development.gif

Welp, don't know how I never put that together, lol. Guess the PSU will be going right back onto a marketplace somewhere. I don't want to have a lot of bunched up extra cable underneath. Now I get it - Looks like Corsair it is - unless you have another recommendation. From your post last night, though, it seems the Corsair is your best bet unless you want to drop serious coin.

Those fans are gorgeous. Yeah, I saw your BLD log and assumed they must be great. If they're really good - I'll probably pull the trigger tonight on a seven of them. 3x for radiator on top; 2x for eventual radiator on front, 1x for exhaust, and 1x as a spare.

I do like that XSPC Raystorm kit's price tag. In your honest opinion, am I missing out on much quality. Doesn't sound like it, but I want to be sure. I would, though, replace the tubing & compression fittings - and the fans - in an effort to keep my theme going. Haven't crunched the numbers on the net savings after doing that.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Went ahead with a backup and then update on my 840 pro. Some of the best results I've had since I got the drive. Especially in the reads....

captureimzlj.png

FW update went without a hitch and everything is normal.

Hey all.

So I am kind of a PC noob. I had a friend build me a PC a little over a year ago (all AMD.... he is a fan). I am looking to add a SSD since my PC feels sluggish (even after a full reset and windows re-install).

Is there a "for dummies" guide to doing so? Any advice on a specific SSD I should get? I am not looking for anything too high end, just enough to improve performance.

antitrop

Whoever came up with that Buy Cheap - Buy Twice quote is a genius. I got burned real badly a few years ago when I tried to build my first rig. Spent so much more fixing my mistakes.

kennah

Hey all.

So I am kind of a PC noob. I had a friend build me a PC a little over a year ago (all AMD.... he is a fan). I am looking to add a SSD since my PC feels sluggish (even after a full reset and windows re-install).

Is there a "for dummies" guide to doing so? Any advice on a specific SSD I should get? I am not looking for anything too high end, just enough to improve performance.

Pick one of the ones from the OP. Do a fresh install. Follow the SSD tweaks in the OP. :)

Ken

Possible? Maybe, but unless you have a small form factor PC you'll have some fun packing the thing much less lugging the it around. That assumes it's small enough that the airline will allow it to go on board with you.

This is the reason I usually prefer to use shipping for this. You can have it sent to any place you need (like your hotel, or whatever) for about the same price as checking it and it's typically treated better.

Alright, I'll see what size PC I end up with and go from there. There will be a FedEx near where I'm staying anyways; just hope shipping internationally doesn't kill me ha.

Skel1ingt0n

Last question (for now) in the OP it lists the Samsung 830 SSD drive. I assume it is alright to go with the 840?

The 840 is actually a step back from the 830 in terms of longetivity - but for the average consumer, it probably won't make much of a difference. The 840 Pro though is technically better.

mkenyon

Banned
ive-made-a-huge-mistake-gob-arrested-development.gif

Welp, don't know how I never put that together, lol. Guess the PSU will be going right back onto a marketplace somewhere. I don't want to have a lot of bunched up extra cable underneath. Now I get it - Looks like Corsair it is - unless you have another recommendation. From your post last night, though, it seems the Corsair is your best bet unless you want to drop serious coin.

Those fans are gorgeous. Yeah, I saw your BLD log and assumed they must be great. If they're really good - I'll probably pull the trigger tonight on a seven of them. 3x for radiator on top; 2x for eventual radiator on front, 1x for exhaust, and 1x as a spare.

I do like that XSPC Raystorm kit's price tag. In your honest opinion, am I missing out on much quality. Doesn't sound like it, but I want to be sure. I would, though, replace the tubing & compression fittings - and the fans - in an effort to keep my theme going. Haven't crunched the numbers on the net savings after doing that.
Yeah, Corsair AX660/760/860 are the same PSUs as Seasonic X660/760/860. I have a proposal for you, though. I'll PM.

*edit*

Also, I'd say EK and XSPC are right on par in terms of quality. Like almost everything in the watercooling world, it's simply a choice of aesthetics.

Skel1ingt0n

Yeah, Corsair AX660/760/860 are the same PSUs as Seasonic X660/760/860. I have a proposal for you, though. I'll PM.

*edit*

Also, I'd say EK and XSPC are right on par in terms of quality. Like almost everything in the watercooling world, it's simply a choice of aesthetics.

PM replied to!

Alrighty - I'm gonna take a thorough look tonight/tomorrow. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I can have a good list ready to go and you can tell me what you think.

Mad Max

I've got the CMstorm Quickfire pro with reds, which is the full size version of the TK (but no full backlight) and I'm really happy with it. So I'd say the TK would definitely be a good choice if you don't mind missing the "middle block" keys.

Skel1ingt0n

Just got a text that UPS dropped this big ol' box off a few moments ago.

8748019915_2ce4384ca1_z.jpg

Hawk269

Just got a text that UPS dropped this big ol' box off a few moments ago.

8748019915_2ce4384ca1_z.jpg

Man I remember when I first started my Water Cooling adventures with Mkenyon constantly helping via PM's. I think I was getting packages from FrozenCpu once a week because I kept ordering more and more things. Love opening those boxes.

And Mkenyon, those Eloop fans are fantastic. I moved to them a few months ago and love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom