• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2013 Part 1. Haswell, Crysis 3, and secret fairy sauce. Read da OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkenyon

Banned
Dear lord man, quote those. Put an 'h' at the end of the name too.

Pics incoming:

bitfenix_005.jpg

bitfenix_003.jpg

bitfenix_009.jpg

thm_lian_li_031.jpg

lian_li_030.jpg

lian_li_027.jpg

silverstone_010.jpg

silverstone_008.jpg

silverstone_001.jpg

asus_009.jpg

asus_014.jpg

asus_011.jpg

asus_007.jpg

AND KENNAH

ROG ITX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HoosTrax

Worst comes to worst black goes with everything. Or have mkenyon talk you into painting them with real Subaru automobile paint
That would make more sense if he were to paint the case Subaru blue and the fans gold.

Also - the Bitfenix Prodigy M might be the solution for my waffling between the itx Prodigy and the Silverstone SG10 (which is too low key and blocky for my tastes).

kennah

AND KENNAH

ROG ITX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah saw that on OC.net this morning. Not really into in the ROG stuff. Honestly the P8Z77-I and 2550k are more than I need for gaming. Leaning towards building a mATX workstation now for video stuff. (and just biting the bullet and getting someone to ship me a 3770K from Microcenter)

So those new Bitfenix cases are interesting indeed.

brentech

What is going on in this picture:

I'm confused...

A display of core components on the mITX board to show what you can fit on there.
I'm guessing the PSU and such is just connected through long wires through the mounting poll as to keep the display visually pleasing.

koji kabuto

That looks like a sweet case!
But i really want a test bench this time, My problem is that i think test benches are over priced or at least that what i have found, Ilike the one from Dimastech

Around 235.5 dollar.

mkenyon

Banned
That looks like a sweet case!
But i really want a test bench this time, My problem is that i think test benches are over priced or at least that what i have found, Ilike the one from Dimastech

Around 235.5 dollar.
This is what I use, and I love it.

The Phobya WaCoolIT is pretty good @ $160 too.

http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.php/info/p13198_Phobya-WaCoolT-Benchtable-black.html
Is that a new Silverstone Fortress case?
Yeah, FT04. It's been going around show floors for like 2 years now, still no release.

Willectro

Banned
CPU - Intel Core i7-4770K
CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i
Motherboard - Asus SABERTOOTH Z87 ATX LGA1150
Memory - Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866
Storage - Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" SSD
Video Card - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB
Case - Cooler Master HAF XB (Black) ATX Desktop
Power Supply - Corsair 760W ATX12V / EPS12V
OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)
Keyboard - Ducky DK9087S2 Shine II
120mm Blue Led Fan

I'll be assembling most of it tonight, but the video card may not arrive until tomorrow. I will post pics when finished.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
http://techreport.com/news/24904/corsair-unveils-double-wide-ultra-quiet-cases

The Carbide Series Air 540 is the most intriguing of the two. It stands at a portly 16.5" x 17" x 18", and it features two side-by-side chambers. One of the chambers plays host to the motherboard, which can be as big as Extended ATX, and the 3.5" hard-drive bays, which lie on the floor of the case and are hot-swappable. The enclosure's second chamber sits behind the motherboard, and it's home to the power supply, dual 5.25" bays, and four 2.5" SSD bays.

Corsair claims this two-chamber design allows for cleaner cable routing, lower noise levels, and better cooling than traditional layouts. Speaking of cooling, the Carbide Series Air 540 has room for as many as six 120-mm fans—or five 140-mm ones, if you're more partial to larger spinners. Also, if air cooling isn't enough, you can fit a 280-mm radiator at the top and a 360-mm radiator at the front. I can't imagine what kind of gear would need that much cooling, though.

The Carbide Series Air 540 carries a $139.99 price tag—pretty inexpensive, considering Corsair's Obsidian Series 650D still retails for a penny under $160.

More at the link.

HoosTrax

Looks like the HAF xB has competition in the mini-fridge form-factor segment.

Also - vertical 5.25" bays? I'm trying to imagine a type of bay device where that wouldn't suck. Maybe HDD trays and fan controllers without LCD displays.

appaws

Banned
Caselabs should get some royalties off this :) But I do love the look and proportions of this case. Shame it's not aluminium.

I was thinking that this looks like the poor mans Caselabs case. I think it looks good too, hopefully Tom Logan gets to do a video review of one soon. He does the best, most complete enclosure reviews on the internets.

mkenyon

Banned
Though I love CaseLabs, that double wide design has been around for a really long time.

DangerDen, Lian Li, CoolerMaster, and MountainMods have had those around since the early 2000s at least.

iavi

Oh god. It's Christmas time, PCGAF.

That M-Itx Impact...in a prodigy. with one of those little kepler cards. Oh god. I don't need it, but I wants it.

squicken

I'm really glad that there are more and better cases coming in the mATX and mITX segment. I actually just bought a 350D, but would have passed on it had several of those others been available

Though I love CaseLabs, that double wide design has been around for a really long time.

DangerDen, Lian Li, CoolerMaster, and MountainMods have had those around since the early 2000s at least.

Seems like it's time for it to become mainstream then. Credit where it's due, Corsair seems to have nailed some aspects of the design; great window, space utilization and fan freaking filters!

Come on manufacturers! Give me some horizontal mATX cases!

This!

mkenyon

Banned
Seems like it's time for it to become mainstream then. Credit where it's due, Corsair seems to have nailed some aspects of the design; great window, space utilization and fan freaking filters!
Yeah, it's a really intelligent design. But it's so ugly, and the plastic makes the large cheap case look even cheaper.

I can see a purpose for it, but it certainly has no purpose in a grown man's house :p

Yeah, it's a really intelligent design. But it's so ugly, and the plastic makes the large cheap case look even cheaper.

I can see a purpose for it, but it certainly has no purpose in a grown man's house :p

I dig the industrial design actually and love the proportions, but not the plastic or steel. I've been spoiled building 3 Lian Li's the past couple of months.

Come on manufacturers! Give me some horizontal mATX cases!

Oh wait didn't you mean mITX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom