• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2013 Part 1. Haswell, Crysis 3, and secret fairy sauce. Read da OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpjolee

If Micro Center is anything like Frys, then they will probably reject any returns past 15 days...unless you make it clear that you would like to spend more money. At first Frys said I couldn't return the 7850, but saying I wanted to upgrade to a $300-$400 card magically changed everything.

Lol. Money talks.

kennah

If Micro Center is anything like Frys, then they will probably reject any returns past 15 days...unless you make it clear that you would like to spend more money. At first Frys said I couldn't return the 7850, but saying I wanted to upgrade to a $300-$400 card magically changed everything.
Did you get your new card? I must have missed the post

Smokey

It workssssss. Hallelujah lawd!

Unplugged the keyboard and other USB devices. Ran firmware update (again). Installed Engine (again). Completed. Can still move mouse. Wat. Able to get into Engine. Get bold as a motherfucker and plug in the keyboard. Fist clenching. Lights come on. They stay on. I am able to type. Mouse works. No hard lockups. No reboots. We good.

I get a beer. And my face stops looking like my avatar. My Friday isn't ruined by a mouse. SS Engine software can still eat one tho.

Koroviev

Did you get your new card? I must have missed the post

Yeah, I went with the 3GB Gigabyte 7950. I went there looking to get a 670, but there is nearly a $100 price difference between the card I chose and the 2GB 670. Didn't seem worth it since I don't need CUDA and they perform similarly.

Now I need to make a decision on that R4...I'm looking at the other cases, but they just don't have the same appeal.

Edit: To owners of the Define R4:

Do I want a window on the case or not?

Koroviev

Why do you think you might not want a window? And, for that matter, how much do you like staring at RAM?

You mean staring at closed-loop liquid cooling? ;)

I like having a window, but mkenyon suggested that it might not be the best idea with this case. I mean, I don't want a window covered in scratches or something.

Bleeether

Thanks. :] It's my first (only!) build. I learned everything from this (last summer's) thread, the cable management guide in the OP and just looking at images of other people's builds (thank you PCBuild-GAF!). If anyone who's never built a PC before is worried about the process, I assure you: I am a fucking moron. If I can manage it, you can too.

My 3570K has a 24/7 overclock of 4.5. In general usage, the Noctuas are.. well, very quiet. The only time I ever really hear them is if I use Prime or whatever and crank up CPU usage to 4x100%. Prior to typing out this post, I just ran P95 for twenty minutes or so and I've got max temps of 54/65/60/57. It's difficult to judge temps without taking the ambient room temp into consideration to obtain the delta though. I'll say it's quite a mild night here. Room temp's probably 19 or 20C. And I never used the stock H100 fans as I'd heard pretty bad things about them whilst researching the build (I understand the H100i fans are an entirely better level of stock). But yeah, as far as I'm concerned, the Noctuas are effectively silent and the temps for a 4.5 clock on 3570K are perfectly acceptable (interested to see how this clock fares through a proper summer).

ok ok I think you convinced me to purchase a couple Noctuas for my H100. The noise from the stock fans are just to loud for me. Plus i really like the colors on the Noctua. I know a lot of people complain about them, but when your eyes fix on those fans there is no doubt that they're noctuas.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
It has the backplate as well. They ran comfortably at 1150MHz 24/7, max clock was 1205 IIRC. Though, I haven't maxed each one separately, so it could have been any one of the three that had the limit.

Crap, I forgot all about this. Traveling yesterday and worked like 11 hours today. If your card happens to still be available, I'll gladly take it. I can PP immediately and have lots of feedback in the BST thread.

Noaloha

You mean staring at closed-loop liquid cooling? ;)

I like having a window, but mkenyon suggested that it might not be the best idea with this case. I mean, I don't want a window covered in scratches or something.

Well the whole point** of the R4 is sound-dampening I guess, but the case won't do all that for you (I think?). My understanding is that the case is an ideal home for other quiet components. So it might be a matter of.... if you have quiet components, you'll be able to get away with a window. If you have a single noisy entity in your rig, the window might be just on the wrong acoustic side side of all-but-silent encasement.

**EDIT: aside from, obviously, looking damn gorgeous

ok ok I think you convinced me to purchase a couple Noctuas for my H100. The noise from the stock fans are just to loud for me. Plus i really like the colors on the Noctua. I know a lot of people complain about them, but when your eyes fix on those fans there is no doubt that their noctuas.

Noctuas are super pretty. :] There are definitely other GREAT fans out there though. I don;t know them off-hand because my research began and ended with the Noctuas pretty much, but I'm pretty sure Corsair have some really solid radiator-centric fans too. I'm sure others in this thread can expound on that.

Koroviev

Well the whole point** of the R4 is sound-dampening I guess, but the case won't do all that for you (I think?). My understanding is that the case is an ideal home for other quiet components. So it might be a matter of.... if you have quiet components, you'll be able to get away with a window. If you have a single noisy entity in your rig, the window might be just on the wrong acoustic side side of all-but-silent encasement.

**EDIT: aside from, obviously, looking damn gorgeous

Noctuas are super pretty. :] There are definitely other GREAT fans out there though. I don;t know them off-hand because my research began and ended with the Noctuas pretty much, but I'm pretty sure Corsair have some really solid radiator-centric fans too. I'm sure others in this thread can expound on that.

No, the PSU is a bit noisy. A lot of people refer to it as a "chirping" sound, but it just sounds like fairly standard whirring to me. I just fired up Far Cry 3 to see if I get the chirping sound, but instead the whirring subsided a bit.

The Enermax case I'm using isn't bad, but I'd like to have some effective sound dampening and more options for cable management.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
HOLY CRAP

The Steelseries Sensei Engine for my SS Raw mouse is causing my computer to straight fuck up. I plugged in the mouse and it works fine. Downloaded drivers from Steelseries website and it's been a trip to hell every since. Immediately after completing the install, the light on the mouse goes out. The light on my keyboard goes out. The light on the mouse flickers like it wants to come on and hold...but doesn't.

So I'm forced to restart and my machine won't recognize my keyboard. Unplug and plug back in. Ok it works. I'm able to login to windows fine. The lights are on the keyboard and mouse. Cool. After logging in and waiting..the lights go off on both and I can't do shit. The Steelseries Engine menu/overlay comes up...and I can't do anything.

I've uninstalled and installed twice and this has happened. In fact I'm typing this from safe mode because my computer would not recognize my keyboard and I had to repeatedly unplug/plug the keyboard back in to recognize. Uninstalled that shit as soon as possible.

WTF this is not a good look and this mouse may be going back to Amazon....
Should have went with the CM Storm Spawn mouse :p

HoL8VlN.jpg

Sapphire 7870XT (tahiti LE)
r2YS8NA.jpg

Like a glove hehe

Don't mind the nest of wires. I don't have a beast of a system, but I have a 2400 i5 Sandy Bridge and 8GBs of Ram. I just swapped out a 460GTX for the 7870XT and boy what a difference. I ran Metro 2033 on on 1920x1080, Very High, DX11, AAA, and 16xAF (no PhysX).
460GTX was 13fps min and 25fps max. Avg was around 19fps
7870XT was 35fps min and 105fps max. Avg was around 75fps

My last non Nvidia card was a Voodoo3 3000 AGP. Glide baby

Noaloha

. I ran Metro 2033 on on 1920x1080, Very High, DX11, AAA, and 16xAF (no PhysX).

That sounds like an upgrade right there. *cheer* at the purchase. :]

M3z_

That's a great card, overclocks like a champ. Every review I have read for it has been able to hit 1200 on the core which is pretty damn impressive. Been thinking about getting one for a potential living room PC.

kennah

Don't mind the nest of wires. I don't have a beast of a system, but I have a 2400 i5 Sandy Bridge and 8GBs of Ram. I just swapped out a 460GTX for the 7870XT and boy what a difference. I ran Metro 2033 on on 1920x1080, Very High, DX11, AAA, and 16xAF (no PhysX).

My last non Nvidia card was a Voodoo3 3000 AGP. Glide baby

Before my current 660 and upcoming 670 I've never had an nvidia card. (Not counting the 570 that died shortly after installing it).

But since ATI isn't Canadian anymore and Matrox doesn't make gaming video cards, I figured why not switch.

You've also got me a little worried that the 670 isn't going to fit, since the 660 is tight as it is. Maybe it'll be time for a new case whether I want one or not.

Yeah, it's not getting power. Few ideas:

1) Triple check the power connectors, and make sure that both plugs are secure.
2) Check BIOS to see if any of the PCI-E slots are disabled, or if the onboard graphics are set to override anything else. If so, disable them and see what happens.
3) Make sure there aren't any random shorts where the PCB of the video card is being touched by something else.

After rechecking the connections and switching out a cable, the video card is good to go! Thanks!

Second question - in the BIOS it shows lists each fan slot with the options for automatic manual etc. and then lists levels 1-9 - It seems like they are on full blast on start up and I'm not sure what the right settings would be here. Any suggestions?

Koroviev

PSUs are an easy thing to upgrade a month or two down (up?) the calendar. :]

I just upgraded from a Corsair CX500W to an HX650W...apparently the latter has some noise anomalies (can't a blind buy ever be sound?), but I don't seem to be encountering them...and hopefully I don't!

That sounds like an upgrade right there. *cheer* at the purchase. :]
Thanks

Before my current 660 and upcoming 670 I've never had an nvidia card. (Not counting the 570 that died shortly after installing it).

But since ATI isn't Canadian anymore and Matrox doesn't make gaming video cards, I figured why not switch.

You've also got me a little worried that the 670 isn't going to fit, since the 660 is tight as it is. Maybe it'll be time for a new case whether I want one or not.

Yeah as I was squeezing it into the case I was wondering if it would truly fit.

Noaloha

I just upgraded from a Corsair CX500W to an HX650W...apparently the latter has some noise anomalies (can't a blind buy ever be sound?), but I don't seem to be encountering them...and hopefully I don't!

Hopefully! But. I'm puzzled then Koro. Are you saying the PSU *is* a bit noisy (as in the post earlier), or that it *could be* a bit noisy (if you have a duff version of the model)? If it's the latter and you don't actually have a whiny PSU, then I kinda think along the same lines -- the R4 is ideal housing for quiet components. They bloom within its arms. You should look at your single loudest component, because that will impact the most on a) your purchase of an R4 and b) your decision of non-windowed over windowed.

EDIT: just out of interest Smokey -- in fact fuck it -- just out of interest everybody, do you care to post your mouse pointer settings? Whether you run with X-Y matched or offset, what your DPIs are, etc. I get that in-game sensitivity's kinda make the whole thing bullshit, but egh.

Just looking at my Setpoint software, I see that I have three switchable settings at x400/y400, x900/y900 & x1800/y1800.

Koroviev

Hopefully! But. I'm puzzled then Koro. Are you saying the PSU *is* a bit noisy (as in the post earlier), or that it *could be* a bit noisy (if you have a duff version of the model)? If it's the latter and you don't actually have a whiny PSU, then I kinda think along the same lines -- the R4 is ideal housing for quiet components. They bloom within its arms. You should look at your single loudest component, because that will impact the most on a) your purchase of an R4 and b) your decision of non-windowed over windowed.

It *is* a bit noisy, but it's not making the "signature" (i.e., chirping) sound.

Noaloha

I dunno then. I guess I'll stick with saying that the R4's 'silent' feature will be victorious or defeated against the single loudest current component. And the scratches on the window thing. Scratches have to occur through abrasion. If it's a worry, just take *extreme* care to place the panel on soft-cloths and cushions and stuff I guess.

Zeth

Hah! Maybe I'll be in luck then. I figured my best shot at it would be to make it clear that I want to upgrade, not just return.

Xyber

Maybe there's a better thread to ask this in, but I'm too lazy right now to find something better.

I need some good but cheap speakers (50-60€-ish). Doesn't have to be anything fancy, will mainly use them at the same time as my stereo when I want to play guitar to music so they will be for the guitar sound. Asio drivers makes the sound card exclusive to Guitar Rig when I use it so I can't play music with Spotify and play guitar at the same time through the same output. But since I have 2 sound cards I can avoid this problem.

CPU: 3770k or 3570k (game time decision)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77
Power Supply: Corsair AX850
Case: Coolermaster HAF 922
RAM: 4x4gb Corsair 1600mhz 1.5v
HDD: 640gb WD Black (the only item I am salvaging from my previous system)
SSD: Intel 335 240gb (I really like the intel ssd software.)

Well it's done. I did change a few parts. I went with the MSI MPower instead of the Saber tooth. I went with the Samsung 30nm (no idea why but it was recommended and looked sweet). Swapped to a Thermaltake Chaser MK-I full case. Downgraded to the AX750. 3570k due to the $50 off a mobo promo.

A grand later. Yeeeeesh. Can't wait to start building tomorrow. Thinking about sleeving the PSU. Yay spending spree.

Thanks to all on the advice. Build pictures to follow!

aristotle

Finally took photos of my new build. Don't mind the mess ;) The cabling could probably be better, but it's not a big deal. I love the way it looks.

Full specs:

ASUS 23" IPS VS239H-P Monitor
Corsair 600T Graphite ATX - LE White
Intel i7 - 3770K
Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
Crucial 16GB 8X2 DDR3 1600
120gb SSD (thanks liquid!)
1Tb HDD
eVGA GTX 670 4gb OC'd
Corsair 600W CXMOD 80+BRZ ATX PSU
Creative Inspire A220 Speakers

Thank you everyone in this thread who has helped me out lately. It's a godsend. This was my first full build, even though I've replaced everything at one point or another on other PCs. Sadly one of my SATA power connections actually broke so I need to get another one (even though I don't need it right now). Other than that, this build went flawlessly, even though some part were a pain to put in (stupid 212 evo). Now I just need a proper keyboard and a MB adapter for the USB 3.0 on the front and I'm done. Oh and eventually an proper desk as well. Thank you all :)

Momentary

Banned
SWECLOCKERS reported that the 8000 series won't be released this year.

This should help anyone who's on the fence about getting a 7000 series or 8000 series card. AMD is releasing their official 7990 though from what they're saying. You can find translations of this article around google.

LiquidMetal14

Finally took photos of my new build. Don't mind the mess ;) The cabling could probably be better, but it's not a big deal. I love the way it looks.

Full specs:

ASUS 23" IPS VS239H-P Monitor
Corsair 600T Graphite ATX - LE White
Intel i7 - 3770K
Coolmaster Hyper 212 EVO
ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
Crucial 16GB 8X2 DDR3 1600
120gb SSD (thanks liquid!)
1Tb HDD
eVGA GTX 670 4gb OC'd
Corsair 600W CXMOD 80+BRZ ATX PSU
Creative Inspire A220 Speakers

Thank you everyone in this thread who has helped me out lately. It's a godsend. This was my first full build, even though I've replaced everything at one point or another on other PCs. Sadly one of my SATA power connections actually broke so I need to get another one (even though I don't need it right now). Other than that, this build went flawlessly, even though some part were a pain to put in (stupid 212 evo). Now I just need a proper keyboard and a MB adapter for the USB 3.0 on the front and I'm done. Oh and eventually an proper desk as well. Thank you all :)

Looking good. You have a build there that is built to last for a bit. I built something like this 2 years ago minus the SSD and better GPU. I just went from something like you have to a 6 core 3930k, 2 670's, a 256gb SSD, and 16GB of 2133 memory. Feels good as I'm sure you fell quite content with a good rig like the one you put together. Add me on Steam if you're on there.

Just ran this in Windows 7

windowsperformanceindjzj7k.png

POS CPU. To the scrap heap!

aristotle

Looking good. You have a build there that is built to last for a bit. I built something like this 2 years ago minus the SSD and better GPU. I just went from something like you have to a 6 core 3930k, 2 670's, a 256gb SSD, and 16GB of 2133 memory. Feels good as I'm sure you fell quite content with a good rig like the one you put together. Add me on Steam if you're on there.

Will do. I thought i sent a request already though. Currently I'm transferring my Steam folder which will take another 2 hours :lol

Apparently I had like 250 gigs of games. Go figure.

Touch

Ordered a HAF 912 yesterday. Just noticed it's coming from New Jersey and we all know what's going on up there with the blizzard. The case is being shipped UPS ground. Should I be expecting a late arrival or anything like that?

Whooter

Ordered a HAF 912 yesterday. Just noticed it's coming from New Jersey and we all know what's going on up there with the blizzard. The case is being shipped UPS ground. Should I be expecting a late arrival or anything like that?

Probably.

LiquidMetal14

AIDA64 Bench. Specs on my OC on both the CPU and memory are all there.

aida2-8m5y6v.png

1.5v on 4 dimms of the Samsung "miracle" ram. Passed memtest86 with no errors.

foladar

Since Fences went to no free version, after upgrading to Windows 8 .. are there recommendations on programs like it, or should I pony up the $10?

bananas

Banned
I just finished building my first PC!!!

...well, kinda. I still need to wait for the PSU and RAM to arrive. But I installed my motherboard, CPU, cooler, GPU, SSD and DVD drive. And once the other two arrive and is out of the way, I just need to install everything and I'm good to go!

It was fun! A little scary when putting in the CPU, and the cooler. I think I put a bit too much thermal paste on it, but it should be fine.

Edit: And here it is :)

scogoth

Halfway through my upgrade with some picture updates!

Out with blue, in with red black
m0bVSSo.jpg

7h6p5ze.jpg

Old GPU block. Ahhhhh rust! Turns out chemistry is right, don't mix silver and nickel! I checked the copper CPU block which was fine so I'm assuming the copper rads are fine too. Going to switch to biocide instead of silver coil.
XDNPXD4.jpg

New block on but darn you EKWB you lied. The block is not compatible with the EVGA backplate, they probably want you to buy there's instead. I will have to go get some longer screws tomorrow before I can finish the GPUs.
UqVBu3k.jpg

And plasticizer build up! Oh joy.
WPSW9WS.jpg

Hawk269

What are anyones thoughts on the new G-Skill RAM?

From guru3d.com...

G.Skill introduces world's fastest 32GB memory kit, the new Trident X DDR3 series runs at 2800MHz with C11-13-13-35 timings at 1.65V. G.SKILL manufacturer of extreme performance memory and solid-state storage with superior quality, announced today, the world’s fastest DDR3 32GB Memory Kit – “Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 2800MHz C11-13-13-35 @ 1.65v Memory kit”.

G.SKILL – world renowned for producing memory modules at extreme speeds, has once again proven as “a brand to be reckoned with” in the DDR3 memory sector by announcing the world’s fastest DDR3 32GB Memory kit, adding 32GB kit to the world’s dominating DDR3 Series – G.SKILL “Trident X”. The new Trident X 32GB kit - F3-2800C11Q-32GTXD features 4 sticks of 8GB memory modules, which will fit perfectly on Z77 chipset & IVY Bridge CPU, and it’s also the one and only 32GB Memory kit running @ 2800MHz CL11 in the market today. Being the first to introduce such large capacity memory kit running at an incredible speed of 2800MHz, G.SKILL continues to impress power users/professional overclockers by offering the best memory solution with highest quality.

scogoth

What are anyones thoughts on the new G-Skill RAM?

From guru3d.com...

G.Skill introduces world's fastest 32GB memory kit, the new Trident X DDR3 series runs at 2800MHz with C11-13-13-35 timings at 1.65V. G.SKILL manufacturer of extreme performance memory and solid-state storage with superior quality, announced today, the world’s fastest DDR3 32GB Memory Kit – “Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 2800MHz C11-13-13-35 @ 1.65v Memory kit”.

G.SKILL – world renowned for producing memory modules at extreme speeds, has once again proven as “a brand to be reckoned with” in the DDR3 memory sector by announcing the world’s fastest DDR3 32GB Memory kit, adding 32GB kit to the world’s dominating DDR3 Series – G.SKILL “Trident X”. The new Trident X 32GB kit - F3-2800C11Q-32GTXD features 4 sticks of 8GB memory modules, which will fit perfectly on Z77 chipset & IVY Bridge CPU, and it’s also the one and only 32GB Memory kit running @ 2800MHz CL11 in the market today. Being the first to introduce such large capacity memory kit running at an incredible speed of 2800MHz, G.SKILL continues to impress power users/professional overclockers by offering the best memory solution with highest quality.

Lol 1.65V RAM. I guess I can buy that for my Nehalem processor

Welllllllll

It is working fine now. Really smooth. Going to have to adjust to it from my Adder tho

Thanks to the peeps on this thread for the recommendations (mkenyon esp), CM Storm Spawn +1.
The best mouse I've ever used period! Super accurate 1:1 tracking sensor, japanese omron switches, great shape. Such a pleasure to use.

Glad you got the SS shite sorted out, thanks for the warning.

Poker360

My first pc build ever. Getting the CPU cooler, RAM, and HDD tomorrow, so those haven't yet been installed.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.98 @ Outlet PC)
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($127.00 @ Adorama)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($379.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Thermaltake VN300M1W2N ATX Full Tower Case ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 850W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Full (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1396.88
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-09 02:21 EST-0500)

not so great picture.

AkIRA_22

I'm slowly acquiring the parts needed for my next project (Haswell in 900D with 3x 360mm rads). Fittings are expensive so I'll be slowly acquiring them over the next few months. I added a new 90 degree fitting to my current rig to reduce the strain on the tubing/fitting. It also serves to test sizes, clearances and fitting type. I have already learned that fittings that rotate are worth the extra cash. Also the 45 degree from the GPU was only to reduce the odd direction the tubing was taking.

DSC_0033-1_zps7dff4a70.jpg

DSC_0045_zpsb6b412c8.jpg

Old GPU block. Ahhhhh rust! Turns out chemistry is right, don't mix silver and nickel! I checked the copper CPU block which was fine so I'm assuming the copper rads are fine too. Going to switch to biocide instead of silver coil.

I used PrimoChill Liquid Utopia for mine and it seems to have worked a treat.

Yeah, I went with the 3GB Gigabyte 7950. I went there looking to get a 670, but there is nearly a $100 price difference between the card I chose and the 2GB 670. Didn't seem worth it since I don't need CUDA and they perform similarly.

Now I need to make a decision on that R4...I'm looking at the other cases, but they just don't have the same appeal.

Edit: To owners of the Define R4:

Do I want a window on the case or not?

I'd go with windowed.

Unfortunately only the non-wondowed version was available where I bought mine a few weeks ago.

It bothers me and I'm already thinking about upgrading in a few months.

Koroviev

I'd go with windowed.

Unfortunately only the non-wondowed version was available where I bought mine a few weeks ago.

It bothers me and I'm already thinking about upgrading in a few months.

Non-windowed makes me feel distant from my components...I want to be one with the machine (._. )

Straxus

Hello, GAF.

I need some serious input. I think either my eVGA GTX 670 FTW or my mobo is defective.

I bought the ASUS P8z77-V LK last year after following the previous thread, and I've been having a few issues with it. But I think it's the GPU. Could be both, tho. I'm not sure. Sometimes, while say jumping around on YouTube, I get a graphic driver stopped working/responding error, and have to reboot browser. I cant recall if it's ever happened in-game, but I did have an issue with some games that was related to mobo HD audio that I disabled last year. I'm running audio/video through gpu to tv.

First, I ran memtest (Corsair Vengeance x8) last year overnight, and found no issues.
Ran Heaven DX11, and the eVGA test thing (I'm on laptop atm). No problems.
Updated firmware/drivers on mobo, gpu, browser and everything I could think of. It still happens randomly.

Also. I apparently can't overclock, but I believe I can't OC this mobo anyway, or I'm doing it wrong. Temps are good (cpu0 34, cpu3 40??).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom