• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I Need a New PC!" 2014 Part 1. 1080p and 60FPS is so last-gen and your 2500K is fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

riflen

Might as well ask here too:

Hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade my GPU and I've set my sights on a Nvidia GTX 770 2GB. However, my current rig is more or less 2 years old and I'm wondering if my current rig and a new GTX 770 would work well together. Basically, I'm worried that some stuff on my current rig would bottleneck a new 770. Here's my rig:

CPU: i5 2500k 3.3 Ghz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - ATX - LGA1155 Socket - Z68
Memory: 8 GB ram
Power: Cooler Master Silent Pro M700
Resolution: 1920 x 1080

So guys, how would an upgrade to an GTX 770 work out with these specs? Right now I have a ATI 6970. Thanks!

It'll be fine, 770 is a nice step up from a 6970. But you're missing out on a considerable boost to minimum frame rates by not over-clocking that 2500k.
If you're the kind of person that is annoyed by companies superceding your GPU a few weeks after you bought it, then wait until Computex is over (3rd -4th June). There is a slim chance of new GPUs being announced there.

Staab

I'm in the market for a new GPU within the next month, care to suggest me something around the 200$ price point that will fit nicely with my build ?

Target resolution : 720p (Monitor size related, don't plan on changing that soon)

Current build :
GPU: Radeon 5770 1GB
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 955 BE @ 3.6Ghz
MB: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB DDR3)
PSU: Corsair 750W Gold something +

Note: I plan on upgrading the CPU at the end of this year (prolly new intel)

kharma45

Overclock your CPU if you haven't done so already. GPU is the only thing I'd upgrade potentially but it's still a decent card.

b0bbyJ03

Hey guys, I need some advice/opinions. My build consists of:

i5 3570k
Galaxy GTX 780 HOF edition
8 GB G.skill RAM
P8z77- I deluxe mobo
Corsair H100i liquid cooler
250 samsung SSD

Today i will be upgrading my i5 to an i7 3770k (got it for free by trading my i5 plus a few parts that im not using). My question is; should I overclock it immediately or wait till it gets older? some people seem to be of the opinion that nothing is really pushing these yet so its not necessary right now. also, how much does it affect the life of the processor (how many years can i expect to get out of an OCed CPU)? id probably shoot for temps no higher than 80C as a maximum during gaming sessions.

Dries

Get a 212 air cooler put it on the 2500k. Overclock the 2500k to 4.5ghz, and you should be good. Maybe add a 8 more gb of ram but i dont see you being bottle necked.

If your going for an upgrade your going to have to replace the mobo and cpu as the new socket is 1150.

It'll be fine, 770 is a nice step up from a 6970. But you're missing out on a considerable boost to minimum frame rates by not over-clocking that 2500k.
If you're the kind of person that is annoyed by companies superceding your GPU a few weeks after you bought it, then wait until Computex is over (3rd -4th June). There is a slim chance of new GPUs being announced there.

Thanks for the replys. But do you guy mean that a 770 would only work well in my system if I overclock it? In other words, would it be a disaster should I not overclock my 2500k?

The reason I'm asking this is because I'm not that big of an hardware whiz and I've never done any OC'ing before. I've always seen it as a last resort kind of thing and "dangerous" to my hardware. Maybe I will get into it, but for know I just want to check how it will hold up at stock speed.

Kalm

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($146.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($81.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 290 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card ($379.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT H630 (Black) ATX Full Tower Case ($139.99 @ Mwave)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1048.94

Dont worry about HDD and SSD, its the only things i already have. I picked the parts based off of the "enthusiast" build in the OP. Critique plz :3

Try this:
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon (~$240-260, best guess)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.94 @ OutletPC) --- PCPP Link --- Newegg Link
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($94.99 @ NCIX US) --- PCPP Link --- Newegg Link
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg) --- PCPP Link --- Newegg Link
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 290 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card ($379.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($32.99 @ Micro Center) --- PCPP Link --- Newegg Link
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg) --- PCPP Link --- Newegg Link
Total: $891.87
Build Notes:
- Wait for Devil's Canyon refresh.
- Added a cpu cooler as your build is otherwise capable of overclocking.
- Switched to mATX as it's cheaper and has everything you need for a single-gpu build.
- Switched to a memory kit with slightly lower latency and a better price. Dual channel for redundancy in case of failure.
- Switched to a much cheaper mid-tower case with a similar design. Corsair 200R is a slightly more expensive alternative: --- PCPP Link --- Newegg Link
- Switched to a cheaper, semi-modular psu.

riflen

Thanks for the replys. But do you guy mean that a 770 would only work well in my system if I overclock it? In other words, would it be a disaster should I not overclock my 2500k?

The reason I'm asking this is because I'm not that big of an hardware whiz and I've never done any OC'ing before. I've always seen it as a last resort kind of thing and "dangerous" to my hardware. Maybe I will get into it, but for know I just want to check how it will hold up at stock speed.

Well your CPU is designed to be over-clocked (that's what the k denotes). However, it's your choice of course. To clarify; games will play fine with a 770 and the CPU at 3.3Ghz.

Sometimes at some points in some games, you could perhaps raise your minimum frame rate by having the CPU clocked up, but you're likely to be GPU limited for the most part in most titles. Sorry I can't be more specific, but overclocking will definitely improve your performance overall.

EDIT: And then there's this post from a few pages back.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=112599673&postcount=16610

Guys I think my brand new 3TB HDD is defective, even though I only just bought it.

Yesterday this annoying hum started in my PC and I've not been able to get it to stop. Nothing is loose. Everything is fixed properly to what it should be. Yet...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm3BQFaaEwc

It's definitely the HDD too. Every time I fire up a meaty game installed on it, the humming gets louder.

Time to send the HDD back for a replacement?

Dries

Well your CPU is designed to be over-clocked (that's what the k denotes). However, it's your choice of course. To clarify; games will play fine with a 770 and the CPU at 3.3Ghz.

Sometimes at some points in some games, you could perhaps raise your minimum frame rate by having the CPU clocked up, but you're likely to be GPU limited for the most part in most titles. Sorry I can't be more specific, but overclocking will definitely improve your performance overall.

EDIT: And then there's this post from a few pages back.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=112599673&postcount=16610

Thanks for the clarification bro. I guess I'll just go with the flow. If I'm noticing my fps needs a little boost I will definitely delve into the world of overclocking. I'll expect this to happen when The Witcher 3 releases. Till then, we'll see how it holds up. Thanks!

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Hey guys, I finally built a PC a few weeks ago and I'm looking to go back to Microcenter to exchange the video card for a more higher end one.

Here's my specs:

Your Current Specs: AMD FX 8-Core Black Edition FX-8320 / 8GB RAM / ASUS / ATI Radeon 7750 / 600w Corsair

Games: Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2, Counter-strike Global Offensive, and 60 fps is a must for me.

I bought the Radeon 7750 because it was only $109. The 7770 was $124.

When I run Diablo 3 in its highest settings with AA on, I'm getting between 25-30fps. I want to achieve 60fps with no dips. When I set everything to low, AA off, I'm getting between 40-50fps, still not hitting 60. I'm also running it in 1920x1080.

I would like some advice on staying under $200 for a vid card, and is that realistic to achieve 60fps in Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2?

Cards I'm thinking about exchanging my 7750 for are:

ATI 7870 - http://www.microcenter.com/product/431150/A7870PE52G
ATI R9 270 - http://www.microcenter.com/product/...issipation_AMD_2GB_DDR5_PCIe_30x16_Video_Card
ATI 7790 - http://www.microcenter.com/product/...D_7790_OC_1024MB_GDDR5_PCIe_30_x16_Video_Card

Any tips? I don't mind switching to NVIDIA, I just don't know their cards.

Thanks!

TheMink

Try this:

Build Notes:
- Wait for Devil's Canyon refresh.
- Added a cpu cooler as your build is otherwise capable of overclocking.
- Switched to mATX as it's cheaper and has everything you need for a single-gpu build.
- Switched to a memory kit with slightly lower latency and a better price. Dual channel for redundancy in case of failure.
- Switched to a much cheaper mid-tower case with a similar design. Corsair 200R is a slightly more expensive alternative: --- PCPP Link --- Newegg Link
- Switched to a cheaper, semi-modular psu.

Wow thanks!

This build is awesome! Is the mid tower going to be crunched? Or is actually plenty of space out of curiosity. Now that you put it up i think i will go for the mid tower.

I cant believe how much you shaved off the price.

mug

Hey guys, I finally built a PC a few weeks ago and I'm looking to go back to Microcenter to exchange the video card for a more higher end one.

Here's my specs:

Your Current Specs: AMD FX 8-Core Black Edition FX-8320 / 8GB RAM / ASUS / ATI Radeon 7750 / 600w Corsair

Games: Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2, Counter-strike Global Offensive, and 60 fps is a must for me.

I bought the Radeon 7750 because it was only $109. The 7770 was $124.

When I run Diablo 3 in its highest settings with AA on, I'm getting between 25-30fps. I want to achieve 60fps with no dips. When I set everything to low, AA off, I'm getting between 40-50fps, still not hitting 60. I'm also running it in 1920x1080.

I would like some advice on staying under $200 for a vid card, and is that realistic to achieve 60fps in Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2?

Cards I'm thinking about exchanging my 7750 for are:

ATI 7870 - http://www.microcenter.com/product/431150/A7870PE52G
ATI R9 270 - http://www.microcenter.com/product/...issipation_AMD_2GB_DDR5_PCIe_30x16_Video_Card
ATI 7790 - http://www.microcenter.com/product/...D_7790_OC_1024MB_GDDR5_PCIe_30_x16_Video_Card

Any tips? I don't mind switching to NVIDIA, I just don't know their cards.

Thanks!
AMD is solid if you're sticking to your budget. I'm going to assume it's around $150 --- There is a R9 270 for $160 after rebate at Newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202090 ... Which is pretty much the 7870 from what I recall.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
AMD is solid if you're sticking to your budget. I'm going to assume it's around $150 --- There is a R9 270 for $160 after rebate at Newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202090 ... Which is pretty much the 7870 from what I recall.

Yeah, what's with the R-series cards? Are they dropping the thousand series cards and switching over to R-series?

I can't ever tell with AMD anymore how their cards stack from lowest to highest. It's confusing.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah, what's with the R-series cards? Are they dropping the thousand series cards and switching over to R-series?
Yes.

Even on a highest-spec PC you will get dips in Diablo 3 when the action gets crazy, and especially in multiplayer. It's just something related to how they programmed those effects and I heard it is somehow connected to sound as well.

Anyway, I would also recommend the R9 card because even though hard performance is similar, newer cards always do better with DX11 effects, and now Mantle as well. BUT... I bought a 270X and just a couple weeks later someone was in the B/S/T thread selling a 280X for cheaper, and I have seen a few other R9s flying around there. You may want to search the thread to see if any are still available, or wait a bit and keep checking back. I also highly suggest getting one with third party fans like the one mug linked, because the stock fans are loud as fuck.

Edit: 60FPS in Guild Wars 2 is also not going to happen. What will happen is whenever the game doesn't need to show other players it will be rock solid 60fps, but then as soon as they appear it will drop down because framerate lag is connected to the netcode, as with many MMOs. CS:GO should run 120+ tho.

Edit 2: For some reason I was thinking I was in the B/S/T thread. Corrected.

culafia

Let's say I buy the "Excellent" build. Two questions:

1) How long will this PC last with new-gen level games before I have to upgrade graphics again?

2) Do all of the components I need come on the back of whatever case I buy?

My PC turns on and off twice, then stays on for a minute and repeats. The CPU fans are on, and so are the GPUs, but the mouse and keyboard are not on.

The monitor says DVI no signal. I double checked the power cables and other stuff. Could it be the SSD? My NZXT phantom full tower case has two SSD and HDD LED lights above which only one of them is on.

Note that the equipment is 120v and the voltage here is 220v, but all of them support 110v-240v.

Edit: It runs without restarting twice after I used another RAM port and placed the RAM properly. However, there is still "DVI no signal" on the monitor and the keyboard/mouse are not functioning. Could it be the CPU? I installed Noctua NH-D14 and it I tightened the screws with springs until they stopped; I might have overtightened them.

kennah

1) How long will this PC last with new-gen level games before I have to upgrade graphics again?

1) Until the performance no longer satisfies you. It could be 6 months, it could be 5 years. It all depends on how picky you are with frame rates and image quality.

2) I have no idea what you're asking.

kharma45

1) We don't know.

2) Case will dictate motherboard size yes and vice versa.

Kalm

Wow thanks!

This build is awesome! Is the mid tower going to be crunched? Or is actually plenty of space out of curiosity. Now that you put it up i think i will go for the mid tower.

I cant believe how much you shaved off the price.

Mid-towers have tons of room for standard ATX builds; for the mATX build I suggested, you'll have ridiculous amounts of unused space for airflow and room to grow. Technically, the cases I posted are bigger than you'd need but I don't like recommending smaller cases as they kind of stifle your upgrade options down the road -- moving to a full ATX, multi-gpu build, for example.

The cpu cooler will be a tight fit but that's common and by design; the cooler's fan should be in-line with the exhaust fan. I haven't built in the NZXT, but the Corsair case I posted clears 160mm heatsinks with no contact. I expect the NZXT to be the same as almost every mid-tower is designed to accommodate these types of coolers.

Specific to the two cases I recommended, you'll probably want to switch/add a couple high-static intake fans. Cases with obstructed intake slots are quieter but usually ship with woefully inadequate fans. Again, I can't comment on the NZXT but this is definitely the case with the Corsair -- especially if you have fully loaded hard-drive cages. I use these because they're pretty but there are better (but uglier :p) options out there.

Anyway, you should probably look at all the mid-towers now and pick one that you can live with through multiple upgrades and rebuilds. I'll list some final notes to consider for longevity:

- Make sure it can handle 160mm cpu coolers. Almost all will, but it's better to be cautious.
- Make sure it can handle a top-mounted, 240mm radiator (2 x 120mm fan mounts) -- in case you decide to upgrade to an AIO water-cooling solution.
- Make sure it can handle a standard ATX board without clipping the psu -- anything at least 17 inches tall is usually fine.
- If the case has side intake slots, plan to upgrade to high-static fans. This is technically optional but necessary, in my opinion.

culafia

1) Until the performance no longer satisfies you. It could be 6 months, it could be 5 years. It all depends on how picky you are with frame rates and image quality.

2) I have no idea what you're asking.

I was asking if the shit you plug in comes on the back of the case. As I found out, it does.

Also, why is the Phanteks Pro so impossible to find? Is my only practical option a 250 dollar Primo now?

Is gaming at a lower resolution than your desktop still real sluggish feeling? Say I want my desktop at 4K and my games at 1080p. Back in the day when you gamed at a lower res, tabbing out to desktop felt like turning a ship around.

riflen

Is gaming at a lower resolution than your desktop still real sluggish feeling? Say I want my desktop at 4K and my games at 1080p. Back in the day when you gamed at a lower res, tabbing out to desktop felt like turning a ship around.

What do you mean by this? The mouse sensitivity was very low?

Kal1138

Neo Member
Hello everyone!

First post and I require some help building a new gaming PC. I've already made a list of the parts I want but seeing as I don't know that much, I'd appreciate any advice. I'd also like to know if everything will fit/work together.

Case: Corsair 750D
Power Supply: Corsair AX 760
Motherboard: GigaByte Z87X-D3H
CPU: Intel Core i7 4770
GPU: GeForce GTX 780 Ti (I have no idea which brand)
RAM: Corsair CML16GX3M2A1600C10 Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB)
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB
CPU Cooler: NH-D14

TheMink

Mid-towers have tons of room for standard ATX builds; for the mATX build I suggested, you'll have ridiculous amounts of unused space for airflow and room to grow. Technically, the cases I posted are bigger than you'd need but I don't like recommending smaller cases as they kind of stifle your upgrade options down the road -- moving to a full ATX, multi-gpu build, for example.

The cpu cooler will be a tight fit but that's common and by design; the cooler's fan should be in-line with the exhaust fan. I haven't built in the NZXT, but the Corsair case I posted clears 160mm heatsinks with no contact. I expect the NZXT to be the same as almost every mid-tower is designed to accommodate these types of coolers.

Specific to the two cases I recommended, you'll probably want to switch/add a couple high-static intake fans. Cases with obstructed intake slots are quieter but usually ship with woefully inadequate fans. Again, I can't comment on the NZXT but this is definitely the case with the Corsair -- especially if you have fully loaded hard-drive cages. I use these because they're pretty but there are better (but uglier :p) options out there.

Anyway, you should probably look at all the mid-towers now and pick one that you can live with through multiple upgrades and rebuilds. I'll list some final notes to consider for longevity:

- Make sure it can handle 160mm cpu coolers. Almost all will, but it's better to be cautious.
- Make sure it can handle a top-mounted, 240mm radiator (2 x 120mm fan mounts) -- in case you decide to upgrade to an AIO water-cooling solution.
- Make sure it can handle a standard ATX board without clipping the psu -- anything at least 17 inches tall is usually fine.
- If the case has side intake slots, plan to upgrade to high-static fans. This is technically optional but necessary, in my opinion.

Edit:

Im going to do the White ver. of the one you suggested.

Double edit:

How do i know if i need to replace the fans?

Kalm

Hello everyone!

First post and I require some help building a new gaming PC. I've already made a list of the parts I want but seeing as I don't know that much, I'd appreciate any advice. I'd also like to know if everything will fit/work together.

Case: Corsair 750D
Power Supply: Corsair AX 760
Motherboard: GigaByte Z87X-D3H
CPU: Intel Core i7 4770
GPU: GeForce GTX 780 Ti (I have no idea which brand)
RAM: Corsair CML16GX3M2A1600C10 Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB)
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB
CPU Cooler: NH-D14

Need more info...

- Is this primarily a gaming build?
- Do you plan to overlock your cpu? (If so, there are inconsistencies in your current build)
- Why do you want/need a full-tower case?
- Why do you want/need 16GB of memory?
- Do you want to be able to easily upgrade to a SLI/Crossfire build in the future?
- How soon do you need this built? There are several reasons to hold out a little bit longer for high-end builds -- Haswell refresh, Z97 platform, Maxwell launch, etc.

Kal1138

Neo Member
Need more info...

- Do you plan to overlock your cpu? (If so, there are inconsistencies in your current build)
- Do you want to be able to easily upgrade to a SLI/Crossfire build in the future?
- How soon do you need this built? There are several reasons to hold out a little bit longer for high-end builds -- Haswell refresh, Z97 platform, Maxwell launch, etc.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, although I also plan on using programs like 3DS Max, Premiere, After Effects, etc. As a hobby, for now.

I've never done it and I doubt I will. Are you talking about how I added a third party cooler without listing a CPU (that can be overcloked) like 4770K? If so, I added a cooler because of the temperatures here in Greece.

I wouldn't say I need one. I just thought it looked nice and I wanted to make sure everything fit properly.

I could go with less memory. I thought that it would be better since I also plan on doing some video editing amongst other things.

I wouldn't mind having the option, but I don't see myself upgrading to SLI any time soon.

- How soon do you need this built?

I was planning on ordering the parts around June 10.

Kalm

How do i know if i need to replace the fans?

Sorry, mate -- I didn't realize this when I made my recommendations but the NZXT case doesn't seem to ship with any intake fans. :\

At the very least you should add one 120mm intake fan (~$15) if you go with that case. Typically, most cases have two intake fans; one low to draw air across the hard-drives and one mid to draw air directly towards the cpu cooler. You can sometimes get by with exhaust only but it's risky with non-blower gpu coolers that vent into the case.

About the high static pressure fans I mentioned...honestly, I'm just OCD about case/component temps. For a single gpu build, you're probably fine with standard fans.

TheKurgan

Hello all. Decided to do a minor upgrade on my 2 year old gaming rig and bought a Crucial M500 240GB SSD for a boot drive. I have no experiece with Solid State Drives and was wondering if anyone has a link to a good installation guide. Basically want to know what I should install on the SSD and what I should keep on my old HD, and the easiest way to make this transition.

Thanks for any help.

Weetrick

This thread is amazing. I'm looking to build my first ever gaming PC within the next month or so. Bookmarked a in sure I'll be needing it.

riflen

No, just tabbing out of your game and it taking like five minutes for everything to start running smoothly again.

This just sounds to me like your system is low on memory and the OS is having to page when you alt-tab. I don't think this is related to resolution scaling at all. It certainly doesn't happen to me and I always run games at a resolution different to that which is set for Windows itself.

Kalm

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, although I also plan on using programs like 3DS Max, Premiere, After Effects, etc. As a hobby, for now.

I'll have to defer to someone with more experience here, I'm afraid. I have literally zero experience with building a workstation or even a workstation/gaming hybrid system.

Sorry, mate.

Kal1138

Neo Member
I'll have to defer to someone with more experience here, I'm afraid. I have literally zero experience with building a workstation or even a workstation/gaming hybrid system.

Sorry, mate.

Ah, thanks. Still... If you have time, I'd appreciate any advice. Just consider this a gaming PC only. That's the main reason I'm getting it. The 3D/Post stuff is currently only a hobby that I even do now, with my Q6600 CPU, my 8800GTS 512 GPU and 4 GB of ram. I'll probably buy a workstation (or a hybrid system) when/if I decide to take it more seriously.

Thorgal

Came across this :

CPU Devils canyon Prices and Details leaked ?

y38uxdo.jpg

It was always inevitable and why I've never felt comfortable with 2GB GTX 770 recommendations. It's a crappy time to buy a GPU imo and it had been for a while. Going AMD means accepting inferior driver support and an increased chance of inconstant frame latency and Nvidia's VRAM skimping is destroying the longevity of their high end cards. All the while, prices are at a historic high and the market is flooded with rebrands of 2 year old silicon.

I'm sticking with my OCed 560 Ti 448 until something compelling hits the market. I won't hold my breath.

kiyomi

The SanDisk UltraPlus 256GB is starting to look like a great option for SSD buyers, sits right in between the M500 and the 840 EVO both in terms of price and performance. Comes with a little extra space too.

I'll be interested to see what Crucial's MX100 next month will bring in terms of price and performance, especially since their newer M550s don't really seem like a great deal.

mackattk

Since it's a non-reference card, and there's only one from the seller, I wouldn't worry too much about mining usage. I'd feel more comfortable buying from a known source like on GAF or Overclock.net, but worse comes to worse, you can get Amazon to fix things, or have MSI fix it.

Nope, it's really a
bit
coin flip :p

Yup, you can find R9-290s for as cheap as $250 right now.

Even if it were a miner, I wouldn't sweat it too much. I mean, the cards are built for that kind of usage. If there's something funky, then the AIB (MSI in the case of your link) would replace it.

Thanks for your guys' help. I took a quick look at Craigslist and found a guy selling a GTX780 for $450, talked him down to $400 (I know, kind of shitty, but its craigslist), There is someone else selling a 280x for $220.. Just wondering which one I should take.I am just ready to move on from the 6850 I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom