• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Khezu

After two weeks of playing and watching, and thinking about it.

This game has good graphics, story mode production values, and netcode.

Everything else though, is significantly less good.

I had a very love/hate relationship with the first game, but It ended up being one of my favorite fighting games despite it's faults.

This game though, they went in pretty much the exact opposite direction I was hoping for, and all the things I didn't like about I1 are amplified and worse in this game.

And i don't feel like patching is really going to solve anything, other then just shift around the tier a little bit, and honestly if anything, the DLC characters are just going to make it worse.

Red Hood looks super cool though.

After two weeks of playing and watching, and thinking about it.

This game has good graphics, story mode production values, and netcode.

Everything else though, is significantly less good.

I had a very love/hate relationship with the first game, but It ended up being one of my favorite fighting games despite it's faults.

This game though, they went in pretty much the exact opposite direction I was hoping for, and all the things I didn't like about I1 are amplified and worse in this game.

And i don't feel like patching is really going to solve anything, other then just shift around the tier a little bit, and honestly if anything, the DLC characters are just going to make it worse.

Red Hood looks super cool though.

Hoping you can break that down a bit... What elements did they double down on that you're not into?

Heads up: two Harley epic multiverses up now (big one with plenty of epics to earn, especially if you complete the objectives, another a single epic item).

Yeah, I was surprised to see it pop up, and specifically with the epic that I needed, right after I complained about it. And surprisingly Deadshot wasn't as annoying as i'd feared when entering the event

harleyrhuq3.png

harley1ckudp.png

Khezu

Hoping you can break that down a bit... What elements did they double down on that you're not into?

The major two are the top tier legacy characters from Injustice 1, and the abundance of zoning, and they both kinda go hand in hand.

The first is the legacy characters Batman, Superman, Black Adam, and Aquaman. All 4 in Injustice were top tier at one point or another, or honestly through out the entire lifespan of the game. One of the main reasons why they were so good is because they were masters of everything, rushdown, zoning, spacing, offense, defense. A lot of the other I1 characters had everything, but not quite as good as those 4. The big issue is that a lot of the I2 characters were better designed, all have obvious niches with strengths and weaknesses, either being a rushdown, or zoning, or something else. Trying to make a more interesting and balanced game, except for the fact those 4 remained the same, they can do everything, very well, a lot of the time, better then the characters dedicated to one niche. IMO they just easily overshadow the entire roster of new characters, they are easier to play, more well rounded, and just plain better then all of the I2 characters.

The second is the zoning, which everyone is already complaining about that. It's not that the zoning itself is difficult to get past, it's just the abundance of it over all, pretty much every character except a couple have some form of powerful zoning tools. Well some characters do it better then others, it just feels like it's always there in every matchup, which becomes frustrating after awhile, especially if you are trying to play a character that doesn't do well against it. You are constantly in positions where both players are at full screen trying to bait the opponent into doing a projectile so they can punish them with their own projectile. It makes for really obnoxious pacing, just waiting full screen until someone either gets bored, or has too low of health to play the game anymore.

And to combine the two issues, all 4 of the legacy characters have fantastic zoning that they really do not need, batarangs, low lighting, air lasers, from the deep. All obnoxious moves attached to already amazing characters, and some of them do so much damage that even the dedicated zoners have to fear these tools.

I know some won't agree with me, and that's fine, but I just don't like a lot of the decisions NRS went with for this game.

ZeroX03

Banned
If my guess is correct, judging by the patterns so far, there should be one more diamond box event after this one (this one ends in just over two hours, then three hour break, then last one for three hours) and after that should be Wonder Woman's movie gear.

If my guess is correct, judging by the patterns so far, there should be one more diamond box event after this one (this one ends in just over two hours, then three hour break, then last one for three hours) and after that should be Wonder Woman's movie gear.

Sweet, should be able to get one more and practice up some WW just in time.

Fighting games are my least favorite genre and I can't stop playing this game. I've played enough where I actually feel decent at a fighting game for the first time in my 25 years of gaming.

Got it last night too, but with all Green Arrow gear lol. Never play Green Arrow :p

Now realizing the wonders of this game's AI fights along Vita Remote Play.

It's great right! Never saw a practical use for remote play til now with AI fights. Turn that on, build a model/watch something else and press x every now and then.

So whats up with Harleys tantrum stance is it an invincible wakeup or not? I did Robins 212 birdarang and on normal wakeup that's a meaty so it beats out non invincible wakeup attacks but tantrum stance goes through it, then when I just opt for a meaty normal instead like F2 or B2 it hits it. I'm guessing it might be high profiling the birdarang? Or maybe it has some kinda projectile invulnerability?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So a few of my characters and my player profile lost their levels but they still have higher level gear equipped. I assume this is some weird server issue which will hopefully go away when I move and keep my Xbox in offline mode.

Edit: lmaooooooo

Black Adam: You dare mock me, child?
Harley: (funny voice) You dare mock me, child?

Edit 2: craaaaaap Black Canary got it worst, lost all 10 levels rip.

Edit 3: And 5400 source crystals! Fuck!

I've been enjoying doing these multiverse events, but if this game ever does come out on PC I'm really not looking forward to doing this character and loot grind again.

Xevren

So whats up with Harleys tantrum stance is it an invincible wakeup or not? I did Robins 212 birdarang and on normal wakeup that's a meaty so it beats out non invincible wakeup attacks but tantrum stance goes through it, then when I just opt for a meaty normal instead like F2 or B2 it hits it. I'm guessing it might be high profiling the birdarang? Or maybe it has some kinda projectile invulnerability?

Her command grab is her invuln wakeup. Which still isnt very good. Tantrum still low profiles a lot which is probably why it missed.

Her command grab is her invuln wakeup. Which still isnt very good. Tantrum still low profiles a lot which is probably why it missed.

Got it, thanks. I actually didn't know command grab was her wakeup, can it be ducked like Ivy's? Knowing tantrum isn't a real wakeup is gonna help me alot in the matchup I've been respecting her way too much.

Cyros

So a few of my characters and my player profile lost their levels but they still have higher level gear equipped. I assume this is some weird server issue which will hopefully go away when I move and keep my Xbox in offline mode.

Edit: lmaooooooo

Black Adam: You dare mock me, child?
Harley: (funny voice) You dare mock me, child?

Edit 2: craaaaaap Black Canary got it worst, lost all 10 levels rip.

Edit 3: And 5400 source crystals! Fuck!

I think the answer is to keep resetting the game (maybe console?) till you get your stuff back. Be careful about leveling up while you have levels missing because it can mess up things like getting your level 20 bonus.

Xevren

Got it, thanks. I actually didn't know command grab was her wakeup, can it be ducked like Ivy's? Knowing tantrum isn't a real wakeup is gonna help me alot in the matchup I've been respecting her way too much.

Yes can be ducked. It's not even fully invuln either. She's kind of like Black adam where you can bully them on wakeup if you time it correctly.

Dice

I think the answer is to keep resetting the game (maybe console?) till you get your stuff back. Be careful about leveling up while you have levels missing because it can mess up things like getting your level 20 bonus.
Rebooting the system worked, so all I lost was 4 levels I just got with Harley. Hopefully it didn't mess up her bonus.

Cyros

Rebooting the system worked, so all I lost was 4 levels I just got with Harley. Hopefully it didn't mess up her bonus.

If you were level 17, lost 3 levels because of the bug and leveled 3 times to get back to 17, then when the game catches back up it would award you the lost 3 levels like nothing ever happened. So your character would display as 20, but internally the game would read them still at level 17.

So stat wise, should I just be rolling for as high of a strength stat as possible? Or is it best to try and find a balance between multiple stats?

Also I'm assuming it's STR > ABI > HEA > DEF?

hamchan

Well, got rejected from House of L's 5 even though I immediately applied after I accidentally left it the other day.

Guess I'll go join another GAF guild that has empty spots.

Or maybe I'll just stop playing the game and play something else. The loot grind is getting a bit too repetitive even with AI.

Dice

If you were level 17, lost 3 levels because of the bug and leveled 3 times to get back to 17, then when the game catches back up it would award you the lost 3 levels like nothing ever happened. So your character would display as 20, but internally the game would read them still at level 17.
She didn't lose levels from the bug, but I leveled from 7 to 11 with her before correcting the bug, and correcting it made other characters who were at 1 get their levels restored, but her 4 levels from that session got lost.

sinkfla87

Well, got rejected from House of L's 5 even though I immediately applied after I accidentally left it the other day.

Guess I'll go join another GAF guild that has empty spots.

Or maybe I'll just stop playing the game and play something else. The loot grind is getting a bit too repetitive even with AI.

What? That's not right. Somebody correct this lol. I feel like an OG being in GAF guild one, I'll check and see if there's any room again and if there is hopefully pock3t sees this!

What? That's not right. Somebody correct this lol. I feel like an OG being in GAF guild one, I'll check and see if there's any room again and if there is hopefully pock3t sees this!

Yeah I applied to the 7th one and my application was ignored. Was hoping there was another GAF guild I could join.

Top Bottom