• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Seriously, don't be afraid to go online. If you can do a character's basic strings and special moves, you're pretty much guaranteed to win at least one match out of every 4.

Someone on r/injustice made this as a buff to Wonder Woman. HOLY SHIT, I NEED THIS.

r8CouQk.jpg

Still fucking baffles me how NRS celebrated themselves on stream for getting rid of Harleys random trait only to announce 5 min later that Wonder Woman has now a random trait.

Like WTF.

vg260

Still fucking baffles me how NRS celebrated themselves on stream for getting rid of Harleys random trait only to announce 5 min later that Wonder Woman has now a random trait.

Like WTF.

It's not a NR game if for every awesome thing, there's not a baffling, infuriating thing.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!

Like WTF.

Meanwhile, the cat stays on hit & makes everything safe.

Xeteh

Someone on r/injustice made this as a buff to Wonder Woman. HOLY SHIT, I NEED THIS.

Yeah its weird. Harley's trait was trash in the last game because it was 3 random things. They moved away from that with her but then brought it back for WW and made it even more random. At least most of her buffs have uses.

The amount of detail they put into the skins and items is really impressive.

They recolor many of the projectiles and abilities, there's a full helmet for batman that adds a robotic effect to his voice, and there is a ton of subtle differences between items that keep too many of them from being identical.

Yeah it's quite impressive. Some of the GL gear is amazing too. They spent a good amount of effort in gear and it shows.

Ooof, I can't deal with this "deadly high ground" modifier. It's making me physically ill. They had it in MKX too. Just too much for me.

One thing I dislike is that they kinda took away "costumes" from multiplayer unless i'm missing something

When i'd have friends over we could just play and anyone could play anyone and select whatever costume they wanted.

Now it's all locked to specific load outs and you can only have 5 vs however many costumes(Batman had like 11 or something silly) Plus if you equip different abilities that'll mess up some people too, as well as not having everyone at 20 (unless you can do competitive mode locally)

I know they have tournament mode for this, but that doesn't let you use any costumes other than the default ones

Small complaint, just annoying

GrayFoxPL

Game is fun. If you've played IJ1, you know what to expect. Zoning is pretty strong and a few characters are REALLY strong but I expect nerfs soon.

Online is FANTASTIC. Netcode is really smooth and mostly an awesome experience.

I've only encountered a rage quitter once in over 150 games. And RQing leads to an automatic loss if you're playing Ranked.

Online's really good. Only had one quitter so far. Netcode is fucking fantastic, even higher-ping connections feel good.

Damn, sounds great.

dubq

Some tweaks I would appreciate:

• ability to bulk open motherboxes - or at least turn off the animation. I appreciate all the boxes I get from the guild, but holy hell it takes forever to go through 30+ bronze boxes in a sitting.

• ability to mark gear for sale from the equip screen - why is inventory a completely different tab?

• ability to highlight, star/favourite or lock pieces of gear so that you don't accidentally sell them

Some tweaks I would appreciate:

• ability to bulk open motherboxes - or at least turn off the animation. I appreciate all the boxes I get from the guild, but holy hell it takes forever to go through 30+ bronze boxes in a sitting.

• ability to mark gear for sale from the equip screen - why is inventory a completely different tab?

• ability to highlight, star/favourite or lock pieces of gear so that you don't accidentally sell them

Couldn't agree more. All 3 points MUST be implemented in next patch.

BlizzKrut

Banned
How hard is Darkseid to learn?

What would you say are the easiest characters to learn the basics of? And what are the best grapplers to start with?

What would you say are the easiest characters to learn the basics of? And what are the best grapplers to start with?

Since I totally suck at fighting games, and still winning a few matches online and win 3 level difficulty matches with AI, I would suggest below for starters:

Supergirl
Superman
Wonder Woman
Batman

Xeteh

How do I Doctor Fate? I kind of want to learn one zoner character and he's by far the most appealing. Any guides/videos I should check out?

Staf

No way in hell i'm going close to the online mode. I really love the multiverse SP stuff. I don't want shatter the illusion that i'm not completely useless at this game.

vg260

No way in hell i'm going close to the online mode. I really love the multiverse SP stuff. I don't want shatter the illusion that i'm not completely useless at this game.

There's a reason for ranked mode, and that's to match you against people will similar skill. You'll eventually fall out in the right spot. Even general matchmaking I believe tries to match similar skill. It's not like if you lose they'll keep matching you against pros.

Staf

There's a reason for ranked mode, and that's to match you against people will similar skill. You'll eventually fall out in the right spot. Even general matchmaking I believe tries to match similar skill. It's not like if you lose they'll keep matching you against pros.

I did give it a try once the first day i got the game. Met a Batman that i didn't even get a single hit on lol. I'm having really fun with the SP and gearing my toons. I'll stick to that.

Staf

This is probably a dumb question but i never plays fighting games so i don't know the DLC praxis. The DLC never comes with story stuff do they? Would love more story.

Q8D3vil

This is probably a dumb question but i never plays fighting games so i don't know the DLC praxis. The DLC never comes with story stuff do they? Would love more story.
Comes with an arcade ( ai dimulator ) ending.
Keep in mind that most of them are non cannon.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Easy. All Pimp slaps and laser beams. He's not got too many combos. Some of his special cancels are downright nasty. He's a bit slow to start, but once you get the momentum going, he's brutal.

He's the only character I have even a slight understanding of.

blackflag

agh just found out I accidentally left guild 5. I think i was clicking through the buttons receiving the boxes and it just went through the leave guild options and i didn't realize it until now.

Anyone else been trying to get trophies rn? Im only missing one of the "beat a character this way" trophies and it's the cat woman one. I've searched her move list so many times and can't find the move Cat Call!

Xeteh

Anyone else been trying to get trophies rn? Im only missing one of the "beat a character this way" trophies and it's the cat woman one. I've searched her move list so many times and can't find the move Cat Call!

Its an unlockable ability. You gotta get lucky and get it out of a box.

Its an unlockable ability. You gotta get lucky and get it out of a box.
😧😧😧😧😧😧😧 That was a fear of mine, kind of bizzare she's the only character with a trophy that isn't based off their standard move set.

Xeteh

😧😧😧😧😧😧😧 That was a fear of mine, kind of bizzare she's the only character with a trophy that isn't based off their standard move set.

Yeah, its super dumb. I've spent hours opening Bronze boxes while watching stuff and its still one I haven't gotten. I'm not really after the achievement but I like playing Catwoman so I want her stuff.

vg260

I did give it a try once the first day i got the game. Met a Batman that i didn't even get a single hit on lol. I'm having really fun with the SP and gearing my toons. I'll stick to that.

Just once? Just saying you shouldn't let that be a barometer for what your matches will be like, especially early on when everyone's in the same pool essentially until things start to filter out a bit. Not to mention this game can have big blowups.

Suit yourself, but this is a common pitfall when playing fighting games. You're not going to go on and win instantly. Just like if you fire Dark Souls up, run to the first boss, get beat, and vow never to play it again. Part of the satisfaction comes from learning from your mistakes, getting better, and small victories. Everyone has to learn somehow.

Top Bottom