• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

eastx

Yeah, you'll never get any better by just not trying. I'm not even any good at fighting games, and I still win at least half my online matches.

Hex

Banned
I like Swamp Thing quite a bit I'm just pretty shit at slow characters.

Fortunately with him, you do not worry about getting to them you bring them to you.
Log kick and and your in ground sweep keep your opponent on their toes long enough to give then a push in the back or to vine grab them to you.

Xeteh

I've got Doctor Fate leveling up in Endless and he's kicking some ass. Though as soon as I say that Harley is going ham.

delSai

Played some matches as Cyborg/Grid against some Robin who kicked my ass, but the matches were really close so it seems like ive done something right.

How do I Doctor Fate? I kind of want to learn one zoner character and he's by far the most appealing. Any guides/videos I should check out?
From a non-competitive player, I'd say his regular projectile is fast and builds meter and shpuld be the cornerstone of your gameplab. His trait projectile is even faster and super hard hiting. That's where you start. Throwing in the orb projectile or the down back 3 every now and again will change the rhythm/what they are watching for. But yeah, most of my resources are built with and spent on projectiles.

Down back 2 can keep folks out/push 'em back. It is great on its own or to end a combo while getting you back in your preferred zone.

Back 1, down 3, up 3 is a great mixup combo from medium range. Forward 2, up 3, forward 2, up 3 isn't a mixup but has good distance and can push opponents back. 2, 1, 1, 3 also ends with a bit of pushback.

Maybe that'll help?

Xeteh

From a non-competitive player, I'd say his regular projectile is fast and builds meter and shpuld be the cornerstone of your gameplab. His trait projectile is even faster and super hard hiting. That's where you start. Throwing in the orb projectile or the down back 3 every now and again will change the rhythm/what they are watching for. But yeah, most of my resources are built with and spent on projectiles.

Down back 2 can keep folks out/push 'em back. It is great on its own or to end a combo while getting you back in your preferred zone.

Back 1, down 3, up 3 is a great mixup combo from medium range. Forward 2, up 3, forward 2, up 3 isn't a mixup but has good distance and can push opponents back. 2, 1, 1, 3 also ends with a bit of pushback.

Maybe that'll help?

Thanks man, I'm no competitive player either. Just looking for some basic advice so that helps. I appreciate it.

Hex

Banned
Played some matches as Cyborg/Grid against some Robin who kicked my ass, but the matches were really close so it seems like ive done something right.

Once I get Swampy to 20 tonight Robin is my next project.
He looks kind of fun.
Also I saw an outfit that looks very Azrael -ish

Woetyler

God I love this game. But I have always been trash at fighting games, and nothing frustrates me more.

Why do I have to suck at this beautiful game :(

Xeteh

God I love this game. But I have always been trash at fighting games, and nothing frustrates me more.

Why do I have to suck at this beautiful game :(

Yeah, fighting games make me question myself. I spend a shitload of time playing them and I'm still consistently terrible. Which makes me sad but I keep playing.

Woetyler

Yeah, fighting games make me question myself. I spend a shitload of time playing them and I'm still consistently terrible. Which makes me sad but I keep playing.

No genre of game frustrates me more. And don't get me wrong, it's not the game's fault at all. It's just these combos and the timing you have to execute them infuriates me so much I can't even begin to explain.

bubumiao

Doctor Fate's j+3 is great too (great for crossing up, and buying you time to think). I spam the shit out of orbs. You can mb them as well to get them to freeze on screen and allow you to spam df+1 for a while (by creating a barrier to block them-the orb). Also remember to use your trait. I sometimes neglect it.

Your super has a little armor so learn to time it right. For example if they are starting a move you can figure out that you have x amount of time to catch em in your trap basically. He's so much fun for me. My main obviously.

Also use df+2 (or df+2b to position behind you) to heal as needed.

No genre of game frustrates me more. And don't get me wrong, it's not the game's fault at all. It's just these combos and the timing you have to execute them infuriates me so much I can't even begin to explain.

Same. I actually know the buttons and remember the combos, but I can't pull them off 9 out of 10 times. No matter how hard I try, I am never consistent.

Xeteh

YEP.

I never blame the game, I know I'm fucking up but there's very clearly something I'm not getting, something that isn't registering and I'm not leveling up. I keep trying though. Love it.

bubumiao

Same. I actually know the buttons and remember the combos, but I can't pull them off 9 out of 10 times. No matter how hard I try, I am never consistent.
I suggest spending time in practice mode or 2p vs (so you can level up too) and pin the moves to the screen and practice until you can hit em consistently. Also try to limit yourself to 2 to 3 characters at most until you are a fucking monster with each. 1 is best, but it's really hard when this game has so many cool characters to choose from.

Berzerkiymc

Neo Member
has anyone beaten that scarecrow in the multiverse event eternal torment?

got 4 level 20 characters and cant beat em with any. Feels almost impossible

Spinky

Darkseid's gear is mostly total doody. I just use default most of the time.

Hope that isn't a sign concerning the rest of the DLC characters.

This is fucking infuriating.

I just did the wonder woman multiverse challenge, level'd her up to 11, beat lvl 20 cheetah which boosted me to lvl 12...got every single piece of epic gear (matching the movie outfit)

and now its all gone. the game has me back at level 4 with old gear.

WHAT THE FUCK

Spinky

This is fucking infuriating.

I just did the wonder woman multiverse challenge, level'd her up to 11, beat lvl 20 cheetah which boosted me to lvl 12...got every single piece of epic gear (matching the movie outfit)

and now its all gone. the game has me back at level 4 with old gear.

WHAT THE FUCK
You have to restart your console (apparently). Possibly multiple times.

eastx

I beat that Multiverse Scarecrow boss manually using Level 20 Swamp Thing. I mostly used Heavy jumping attacks and Heavy sweeping attacks.

_Legacy_

Can someone please explain the temp armor modifier in the multiverse? Wonder Woman is barely taking any damage at from my characters, including supers. I can't see how the armour boost is "temp" at all...

Razmos

Took my AI a few tries, Catwoman and Scarecrow didn't come close. Eventually beat him with Harley. He was tough

Drahcir

I know exactly what you mean. Fighting games intimidate me even though I always play them. It doesn't matter how much I learn a simple to do combo in training mode, but in a real match with either the AI or online, I swear I forget everything I learned in training. That alone infuriates me more than anything.

Can someone please explain the temp armor modifier in the multiverse? Wonder Woman is barely taking any damage at from my characters, including supers. I can't see how the armour boost is "temp" at all...
I asked this earlier, too, but didn't get an explanation. And scouring the web has produced no results.

Berzerkiymc

Neo Member
yesss my supergirl lvl 20 finally did it.

which character are u guys using? not sure ive found my perfect feeling character yet.

so far ive tried, Flash, Supergirl, Captain Cold, Dr Fate and Wonder Woman.

going to try Harley next.

Marvel

could never

which character are u guys using? not sure ive found my perfect feeling character yet.

I'm still flipping through the roster atm until Red Hood. So far I have only tried Superman, Bane, Atrocitus, Darkseid and Firestorm.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Has anyone​ found some decent Cheetah gear? Her options are so bad it's like they're pushing you towards the Vixen skin. Which is fine but I would have liked some better base options.

sinkfla87

Nerfing d2's is dumb, if anything others need to be brought up. A lot of characters have really poor anti air capabilities. Not really gonna comment on the rest.

That's fair. If they buffed everyone else's D2 then I wouldn't complain so much. My friend and I were just laughing our asses off at how much reach his D2 has haha. He was at the highest arc of his jump and BA's D2 just bopped him into a juggle state despite not directly hitting the opponent or even coming anywhere close to it. I've never had a higher success rate of connecting anti-airs before until I chose Black Adam lol.

Scotia

Banned

Sent my AI lvl.20 Robin with all Epic gear in and he got destroyed 10+ times. Sent my AI lvl.20 Batman with three Epics and the rest Rare and he beat him on the first attempt.

I remember hearing something about the 3rd of june for Red Hood's release? Seems strange considering it's a saturday.,

Want to main the guy so..

Xeteh

Canary and Harley for me. Harley was my main in the first game but I kind of love how Canary plays. I also try to learn a ton of characters, the process is fun for me.

Character trails?

Under Single Player > Tutorials they have character specific ones. You get a platinum box for each one you do and once you do'm all you get a Diamond box iirc.

I remember hearing something about the 3rd of june for Red Hood's release? Seems strange considering it's a saturday.,

Want to main the guy so..

Unless NRS said something since the trailer, only thing they said was "June". Hopefully it is sooner rather than later.

I suggest spending time in practice mode or 2p vs (so you can level up too) and pin the moves to the screen and practice until you can hit em consistently. Also try to limit yourself to 2 to 3 characters at most until you are a fucking monster with each. 1 is best, but it's really hard when this game has so many cool characters to choose from.

Yeah I will try this. However I find it tough to play with the thumbstick. Should I switch over to D pad? Which is considered better option?

Yeah I will try this. However I find it tough to play with the thumbstick. Should I switch over to D pad? Which is considered better option?
Personally I recommend the D-pad , it allows for much more accurate inputs and i feel like you travel less distance on inputting certain moves. But yeah practice practice practice, try different methods for remembering combos and inputs. I have a musical background , guitar and piano, so I tend to think of combos like a rhythm and it helps me get timing down

Most people play with dpad. Thumbstick is way too sensitive, you get way too many errant inputs.

Personally I recommend the D-pad , it allows for much more accurate inputs and i feel like you travel less distance on inputting certain moves. But yeah practice practice practice, try different methods for remembering combos and inputs. I have a musical background , guitar and piano, so I tend to think of combos like a rhythm and it helps me get timing down

Yeah most of my problem is with wrong input using thumbstick. Character will suddenly jump instead of going forward etc. But then using arrow combination real fast on dpad is a pain too. I will switch over to dpad today and practice.

Top Bottom