• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

fernoca

Its honestly very easy. I'm a complete Wonder Woman noob, I beat it all at level 12 (including the final level 20 boss). Oh, and I got to level 12 simply through that event.

Use B2 for spacing
Use D2 for anti-air
Use meter on BF3 MB
Activate trait whenever you have space
Use instant air shield toss

It was easy.
Or use an AI.:p
My AI Wonder Woman started at Level 5 and beat the Level 20 boss at Level 12.

patchday

Yeah that Starfire concept looks great :)

Spent about 2.5m credits on bronze boxes the last 4 days. Still no staff.

Got Elusive Swoop at least, not sure I'm ready to call that a win though.

I think I am only missing the Staff. but since I don't use Robin I havent stressed it too much.

And I am way too lazy to open all those boxes. get bored after opening 30 bronze boxes or less.

I did get some awesome skills for Darkseid & wonder woman. Been messing around in Casual a bit more just to use those skills

Opening the boxes doesn't bother me too much because I can usually do it one handed and browse on my laptop at the same time.. It's the cleaning out your inventory after every 75-100 boxes or so that makes it really painful.

Hex

Banned
Opening the boxes doesn't bother me too much because I can usually do it one handed and browse on my laptop at the same time.. It's the cleaning out your inventory after every 75-100 boxes or so that makes it really painful.

And they told us that would never be good for anything

Having now spent enough time with the game, I can easily say I like STAR Labs much better than Multiverse.

Multiverse is only a small improvement over living towers. There's just not enough interesting variety to justify dropping what used to be the meatiest parts of NRS games. Bummer.
STAR Labs was cool. Getting 3 stars on each one was a pain in the ass though lol

Compbros

I sent you another message on PSN but says you're offline :(. Sorry not trying to harass you or anything haha.

Odd, I never got any of them and I was on my ps4 for a few hours

Edit: So at this point I think I just missed the messages while playing 999. Usually my phone would show them but noooope, I just refreshed and your messages came up

[TW]Stone;239017431 said:
Thinking of picking this up for PS4. Is the dual shock good enough for a fighting game?
Most people that play this game do it with a DS4 actually. The control sceheme is pretty pad friendly.

I was going to grind out some characters to level 20 for some local vs tomorrow but I'm just now finding out that the guest account can't access player 1's gear. So fucking lame.

The last couple of days I couldn't touch the PS4 due to some adult stuff. But today that'll change and I shall return to this bad boy. Time to get Scarecrow and Ollie to lvl.20
Also: they are totally gonna release Red Hood at E3, right? And show some gameplay for Starfire too I guess. And announce Constantine as a DLC
kidding, not gonna happen at E3 but Boon pls

I need to work on breaking this habit of holding down back to block instead of down, its because I primarily play street fighter I think. And I just figured out that its what got me killed against this catwoman. Meaty MB Cat Dash can crossup and it hits you if you down back but not if you just block by holding down. So there's no mixup if you just hold down. I was so confused by that shit lol.

Carbonox

This is the first fighting game I've bought since......Marvel vs Capcom 3 on PS3?

I'm having an absolute blast with it. So much content, so much entertainment value and it's been hilarious playing with friends as well. I've been focusing on learning the ropes especially with Wonder Woman (for her movie set which I now have everything) as a start.

Some brief questions though:

1. What should I spend credits on? I haven't used any on anything yet. Boxes seem common enough that I shouldn't spend money on them?
2. I joined a random guild to see what's what - I'm guessing the GAF one will be the best one due to activity? Though that depends on spaces available.

I need to work on breaking this habit of holding down back to block instead of down, its because I primarily play street fighter I think. And I just figured out that its what got me killed against this catwoman. Meaty MB Cat Dash can crossup and it hits you if you down back but not if you just block by holding down. So there's no mixup if you just hold down. I was so confused by that shit lol.
Whilst ducking constantly is good, try to get used to switching up your blocking else all that will happen is they'll start spamming overheads once they figure you out.
Sincerely from: Supergirl main who knows how to combo from db2 MB.

delSai

Some brief questions though:

1. What should I spend credits on? I haven't used any on anything yet. Boxes seem common enough that I shouldn't spend money on them?
2. I joined a random guild to see what's what - I'm guessing the GAF one will be the best one due to activity? Though that depends on spaces available.
1. You only need em to buy your way into some Multiverse missions, they seem to only cost 1000 tho. Spend your credits on bronze boxes, there's no other use for it. Hopefully that changes.
2. I dunno which one you could join. I'd suggest you just make a new one since few people want to join a Gaf guild but there's just no more space.

ZeroX03

Banned

The only thing you ever need to buy is bronze boxes and multiverse unlocks, that both cost 1000. You will never run out of money. Unless I buy gold boxes, I can't even dip below the 3 million I have because selling excess gear always pull me back up.

delSai

What else could they allow us to spend credits on? Buy Source Crystals for a shit ton of credits perhaps? At the moment you really get too much too fast

ZeroX03

Banned
What else could they allow us to spend credits on? Buy Source Crystals for a shit ton of credits perhaps? At the moment you really get too much too fast

Maybe improve gear stats without rerolling? Not breaking stat limits, just getting.

Or just buying specific epics and abilities.

It's hard because they've kept to their line of "we're only monetizing cosmetics" but that line is pretty hard drawn, especially with how there currently seems to be a hard limit on source crystals. You're paying money if you want more than two skins or transmog, full stop.

MattAces

Just got this game, I felt like the worst player in the world but having so much fun.
The multiverse component is the exact type of mechanics I've always wanted from a fighting game. The whole guild system working to complete certain goal, those daily refresh of randomly generated missions and rewards, loot boxes.

Dubz

inventory is full and I can't find a way to sell all my commons with a click of a button Am I missing something?

1-Transmorg: this is the biggest, most obvious one. Seems ridiculous how costly it is in Source Crystals given how rare and capped they are in game.
2-Skip/sim multiverse towers (MKX had something similar with skip tokens-never really used em but if you saw an epic gear multiverse that only had minutes left, would be a way to not miss out. Would have to be expensive, though.
3-have a daily store that rotates specific epics that can be purchased for credits.

I'm at 5 million credits and...I definitely don't plan on buying all the bronze lootboxes with it...

Anyone else addicted to tweaking your AI fighters? I'm having so much fun just playing around with the AI and having them do multiverse events while I hang out.

Having now spent enough time with the game, I can easily say I like STAR Labs much better than Multiverse.

Multiverse is only a small improvement over living towers. There's just not enough interesting variety to justify dropping what used to be the meatiest parts of NRS games. Bummer.

I have to agree with this. I just don't find the multiverse compelling. There arent that many modifiers and the content is stretched so thinly. It's just a grind to me, it's like it's giving the illusion of a lot of content but so many of the fights are just standard battles over and over again. The multiverse wrapping makes it seems more interesting than it is. While STAR labs wasn't perfect (there were some really dumb challenges) I think overall it provided more variety.

Maybe there are more interesting challenges and modifiers to come in multiverse but personally I don't really get the appeal. It feels like it was made just so you could level up characters offline and grind your level up

sinkfla87

Odd, I never got any of them and I was on my ps4 for a few hours

Edit: So at this point I think I just missed the messages while playing 999. Usually my phone would show them but noooope, I just refreshed and your messages came up

Haha it's okay. That happens to me all the time, too. I'll probably be on later on tonight if you're online, I'll probably create a room with CrackPebbles. Got to throw a birthday party for the step son this afternoon lol.

Xeteh

How do you use the AI for the WW event? When I go select a loadout, the AI one doesn't appear, do I have to make one first?

You do have to make one otherwise it'll be wearing all level 1 commons with generic stats. But you should have one by default, just press square (or X on Xbox) while selecting her and tab over to AI Loadout.

sinkfla87

I have opened 2,071 Bronze boxes. No shaders or moves for Catwoman have dropped. Fuck this game.

Jesus. It seems like all I get are Catwoman shit and I play a lot of Robin but no staff of Grayson yet :(.

Edit: turn gear bias on and send Catwoman into endless. Good luck.

delSai

I feel like you get more shaders and abilities if you're actually playing. Last time i played Endless i got like 3 abilities, including Banes Backbreaker, one of the abilities i wanted the most.

delSai

Wait, you mean actually playing and not AI?

Yea, thats what i mean. I got to Enemy 22 or whatever when i unlocked the abilities and got 3, just now i had Catwoman run through Endless and get to 26 and not a single ability unlocked.

Maybe it was just my luck that day tho.

Spinky

The titty shield things remind me of the New 52, and that's not a good thing.

Despite that, I probably still prefer it over what she's wearing in the game.

sinkfla87

Yea, thats what i mean. I got to Enemy 22 or whatever when i unlocked the abilities and got 3, just now i had Catwoman run through Endless and get to 26 and not a single ability unlocked.

Maybe it was just my luck that day tho.

I might try to go through endless later today and report my findings haha. I want that damn staff of Grayson.

fernoca

Cat Call outside, has anyone managed to unlock Robin's ability to use the staff?

Kinda wonder if some will be patched with time.

Garlador

Nope. You have to go into your inventory and mark each of them for sale separately, for every character.

I wish I could sort by name and delete duplicate items easily.

Or, hell, just group them by APPEARANCE. Batman having 10 masks with different names but the same design means I wish I could just easily delete the 9 masks that aren't the best stats and move on.

delSai

Cat Call outside, has anyone managed to unlock Robin's ability to use the staff?

Kinda wonder if some will be patched with time.

Some dudes in this thread said they unlocked the staff, so it's definitely in the game.

Would be cool if they added more abilities together with gear.

Top Bottom