• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

LaNaranja

Is there a very easy way to level up characters? Whether that be multiverse, taking them online, offline matches, etc...

I want to get everyone to 20 in the fastest time possible and then worry about the gear later.

If you have a second controller, 1v1 against an unmoving controller. Will get you close to 1,000 XP per match if you get perfect. It will take about an hour to 90 minutes per character. Put on a podcast and just grind it out.

patchday

Anyone in here play Xenoverse 2? I really wish they would have just stolen some stuff from there with regards to character customization.

good to read Xenoverse 2 fixes some things. Xenoverse 1 was even worse then this game somehow. There was no way to turn off gear stats at all and the RNG was beyond vicious (it was literally RNG on top of RNG where you had to meet certain BS conditions and pray the mob you needed spawn which was random + the drop chance was crazy low it was awful to the max)

But I knew the RNG was going to be bad in this game since the devs have never made an rpg before. But since I knew you could turn off the gear stuff in ranked I figure it was still cool to get. granted I've had an easy time getting epic items. Still missing some abilities though but I do a mix of casual/ranked so I'm okay with it all I guess.

Dominator

If you have a second controller, 1v1 against an unmoving controller. Will get you close to 1,000 XP per match if you get perfect. It will take about an hour to 90 minutes per character. Put on a podcast and just grind it out.
Oh shit thats not a lot of time per character at all. Thanks, gonna knock a bunch of characters out tomorrow.

mitchlol

Struggling to do Banes command grab accurately and exactly when I want it.. I'm using a stick and street fighter control scheme but it's really hard to dash in and buffer the command.... anyone got tips for getting it out more regularly?

Shock32

So if I'm playing a level 14 character and my opponent online has a level 20 with all legendary gear I'm basically fucked if they don't agree to neutralize it?

Oh shit thats not a lot of time per character at all. Thanks, gonna knock a bunch of characters out tomorrow.

Alternatively, you can also use AI load out for multiverse events or endless mode and hit X to progress each match. Furtermore, you can do ps4 remote play on your pc and use a script to press the X button for you. There's a walk through of how to set it up on the injustice 2 reddit that I'm too lazy to look up, but it's really easy and takes about 5 minutes.

patchday

So if I'm playing a level 14 character and my opponent online has a level 20 with all legendary gear I'm basically fucked if they don't agree to neutralize it?

yeah I had a dude bring out his L7 capt cold against my L20 all-epic Wonder Woman.

Felt sorry for him but then I rematched him and he brings out a L20 Darkseid. I ended up winning again but at least I felt like I earned my win a bit more that time. esp against a Darkseid that is teleporting all over the place and firing beams behind your back

Alternatively, you can also use AI load out for multiverse events or endless mode and hit X to progress each match. Furtermore, you can do ps4 remote play on your pc and use a script to press the X button for you. There's a walk through of how to set it up on the injustice 2 reddit that I'm too lazy to look up, but it's really easy and takes about 5 minutes.

thats what I did to level up my favs.

Shock32

yeah I had a dude bring out his L7 capt cold against my L20 all-epic Wonder Woman.

Felt sorry for him but then I rematched him and he brings out a L20 Darkseid. I ended up winning again but at least I felt like I earned my win a bit more that time. esp against a Darkseid that is teleporting all over the place and firing beams behind your back

It's pretty absurd. I get the only solution is get your character to 20 with epic gear before going online.

patchday

In player matches yeah, in ranked I think everything is evened out.

yes if my fighters were not L20 I'd go to ranked. Granted I really enjoy ranked since gear stats are turned off which allows me to wear whatever I want. I dont always like the visual look of my epic gear but I want the stats

It's pretty absurd. I get the only solution is get your character to 20 with epic gear before going online.

or just go ranked. just be prepared to get bodied by good players. I got bounced all over by a freakin' Flash last night. was the 1st flash player I ever went up against he taught me a lot tho.

Shock32

yes if my fighters were not L20 I'd go to ranked. Granted I really enjoy ranked since gear stats are turned off which allows me to wear whatever I want. I dont always like the visual look of my epic gear but I want the stats

or just go ranked. just be prepared to get bodied by good players. I got bounced all over by a freakin' Flash last night. was the 1st flash player I ever went up against he taught me a lot tho.

That's what I'm afraid of :)

Plus I really like koh, oh well.

Was doing the Wonder Woman event in the Multiverse. I don't know what I'm doing with this game, but I cruised through the first 3 stages pretty easily, with only one round lost to Swamp Thing. But then in the 3rd stage, the final opponent was Scarecrow, and he just wrecked me over and over. I think it took 5 tries for me to beat him. Do I just suck, or did the difficulty bump up significantly at Scarecrow?

Been opening bronze boxes for days and can't remember the last time I got an ability or shader for my main green arrow. Only have 2 GA abilities and 3 shaders unlocked so far. Meanwhile I have unlocked 15/17 green lantern shaders who I don't even use.

Also just got an epic Harley head gear named For the Lulz.

Anyone seen Tom Brady's videos on the problems with the inputs in this game (and every NRS game so far)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7QKVbY93UI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2OfruISVgo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8thlgLIS2g

I really hope they tighten this shit up, if not in a patch, in the next game.

I would use alt controls for QCFs, if only BFs weren't changed.

That and the string input windows. They need to fix them so your window to input the next button in the string is farther down, so you have less time before the hit occurs and more time after it, to get rid of the "dial a combo" feel and let you hiy confirm things. Especially having to combo from jumping attacks by needing to input the start of your string before even land, despite what the on screen animations and frames say.

Also the button combinations for things like L and H for throw, or L and M for interact have so much trouble getting consistently, except for when you don't want them and are trying to do a string with those buttons in a sequence (which is why they added an option to turn off the combinations and only use the dedicated buttons).

After 5 games (MKDC through Inj2), the sloppiness in the core player input to on screen action should get fixed.

and fucking stance switch

Q8D3vil

Anyone seen Tom Brady's videos on the problems with the inputs in this game (and every NRS game so far)?

That and the string input windows. They need to fix them so your window to input the next button in the string is farther down, so you have less time before the hit occurs and more time after it, to get rid of the "dial a combo" feel and let you hiy confirm things. Especially having to combo from jumping attacks by needing to input the start of your string before even land, despite what the on screen animations and frames say.

Also the button combinations for things like L and H for throw, or L and M for interact have so much trouble getting consistently, except for when you don't want them and are trying to do a string with those buttons in a sequence (which is why they added an option to turn off the combinations and only use the dedicated buttons).

After 5 games (MKDC through Inj2), the sloppiness in the core player input to on screen action should get fixed.

Totally agree with everything here.
They really need to fix this shit, sometime i feel i dony have control over my characters actions.

GeeTeeCee

Was doing the Wonder Woman event in the Multiverse. I don't know what I'm doing with this game, but I cruised through the first 3 stages pretty easily, with only one round lost to Swamp Thing. But then in the 3rd stage, the final opponent was Scarecrow, and he just wrecked me over and over. I think it took 5 tries for me to beat him. Do I just suck, or did the difficulty bump up significantly at Scarecrow?

I definitely remember having trouble with Scarecrow. I gave up and sent in my AI loadout to do the job instead - and even that was a closer fight than it should have been.

I really hate fighting Scarecrow, Robin and Black Adam in general. I don't know what it is about those characters that fucks me up so consistently.

thats what I did to level up my favs.

I was a level 20 flash against a level 6 and I still got pwned.

4,200 boxes in and I thought I had it. The ability box popped up, it said Catwoman, it started with Cat. I thought my long nightmare was over. I though the Platinum was finally mine. I let out a yell of appreciation even though it was five in the morning. It didn't matter, because the day was finally mine.

But then....I looked closer.

The ability read Cat Claws, not Cat Call.

I'm going to go cry now.

delSai

It really seems like you get more shaders and abilities by actually playing yourself.

Last night i had AI Deadshot get to 25 in Endless and only got Gear.
Right now i'm playing as Robin, just reached Enemy 8 and already got 2 shaders.

So yea, maybe the drop rate is really low when you let the AI do it.

patchday

I was a level 20 flash against a level 6 and I still got pwned.

yeah a lower leveled dude can still punish you but you should have had a huge stat advantage

4,200 boxes in and I thought I had it. The ability box popped up, it said Catwoman, it started with Cat. I thought my long nightmare was over. I though the Platinum was finally mine. I let out a yell of appreciation even though it was five in the morning. It didn't matter, because the day was finally mine.

I'm going to go cry now.

sucks there's an achievement linked to that ability. so glad I'm not an achievement hunter. opening that many loot boxes in one sitting would drive me bonkers

ZeroX03

Banned

I'm going to go cry now.

It got me too. You're not alone.

Game just dropped two abilities for Catwoman for me:

Chaotic Cat
Cat Claws

Always getting my hopes up.

The bolded part is not true, at least no where to the extent of this game

FHIZ

I'm going to go cry now.

With all the boxes I've opened, I haven't gotten a single Catwoman ability, but in the middle of the "what am I doing with my life" box opening marathon I had last night, this thought of getting the wrong one dawned on me and I wanted to diiiiiiiiiie. I know it's going to happen now.

5 million credits and dont wanna buy 1 single box.

Fuck this time consuming and inventory micromanagement. Dont even bother anymore.

Just gonna send on endless and let them bring me abilities.

Definitely feel some strange AI spikes in events even on the low difficulties, I just had to back out of an event because I literally could not beat Harley no matter what. She would consistently land 7-8 hit combos, then juggle trap me in a corner.

Also, are the Guild planets supposed to be ridiculously tough? The current one for my guild has only one level 3 difficulty event and five level 4 difficulty events, but somehow overall is listed at a 2 difficulty?

Top Bottom