• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Is there no wallpaper version of that big key art for the game?
Do you want larger than this:
alexander-lozano-inj2h0u6z.jpg

Spinky

I'm kinda done with this game until DLC starts rolling out. Just a personal thing, it's my problem really.

But I really wish they'd give us a date.

Q8D3vil

I also think i'm done untill they release a balance patch.
Time to play surge and read some cosmic marvel (finished Annihilation two months ago).

patchday

I'm still having a good time. been mostly going to TYM forums to work on combos for my characters.

At work I still play IJ1 since there is no PC ver for IJ2

edit: Link testyourmight.com (TYM) - good place to go to look up combos for your favorite superhero/villian. Been going here for the longest. Like since IJ1 I think. definitely for MKX

That awkward moment where you sneeze but still execute a super move thinking/assuming the opponents health bar was at a state where the move will finish them off. While move animation is playing through you disappear to the kitchen to grab a tissue. Only to return to the game to see the opponent on critical health pummeling your character to near death.

I only just won when I grabbed the controller haha.

FHIZ

Every now and then I think that maybe in my haste, I've missed the Catwoman ability and go into the character editor to check... every now and then I also feel crippling disappointment. Wonder why?

Perineum

The input issues I totally agree with Brady on.

Also like someone mentioned why is stance switch a thing? I literally in multiverse cannot use the assist for a forward plus L2 on an arcade stick because I will start dancing like a jack off instead. Nope. I'll solo it thanks.

I get that stupid lunging cat attack from Dex Star so much when I am just trying to do a crouching fireball input instead. Also the amount of times a combo requires a 1 2 and I am near an interactable and instead fuck with it is frustrating as well.

This game suffers in its core gameplay in so many ways it's hard to take it seriously as a competitive fighter at all. That's just me of course.

But having been playing T7 now since release that game is a breath of fresh air in the core gameplay being so damn crisp. Too bad its online is total cheeks and the story was laughable. NRS x Bandai Namco joint meeting is needed.

Altairre

Been leveling Catwoman to 20 to finish off her multiverse thing. Here's my game plan with her:

Press b3.

Pretty good huh? Thinking about writing a strategy guide.

vg260

The input issues I totally agree with Brady on.

Also like someone mentioned why is stance switch a thing? I literally in multiverse cannot use the assist for a forward plus L2 on an arcade stick because I will start dancing like a jack off instead. Nope. I'll solo it thanks.

I get that stupid lunging cat attack from Dex Star so much when I am just trying to do a crouching fireball input instead. Also the amount of times a combo requires a 1 2 and I am near an interactable and instead fuck with it is frustrating as well.

This game suffers in its core gameplay in so many ways it's hard to take it seriously as a competitive fighter at all. That's just me of course.

But having been playing T7 now since release that game is a breath of fresh air in the core gameplay being so damn crisp. Too bad its online is total cheeks and the story was laughable. NRS x Bandai Namco joint meeting is needed.

I hope NR overhauls their input systems. They really need a overhaul. One of the things that disappointed me so much about the first one was that they pretty much changed the block method and called it a day. The B-F input types and whatever engine logic they use doesn't feel right for a back to block game. It's fine in MK, because you can hold block and are free to move the directions around, but that doesn't work here. Part of why other games feel better to play is the motions can be pulled off going from blocking so much more smoothly with the quarter circle motions that have stood the test of time. Their games could feel so much better instead of the herky-jerky controlling you have to do to pull off moves.

The game is good, but this fundamental issue they don't seem to get is really holding it back (no pun intended).

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Love the AI option. Leveling Supergirl while watching NBA finals on my iPad. 😀

patchday

^ yeah AI option is a godsend.

man was practicing combos from Green Lantern. felt rdy for online. Hop into a match and still choose Wonder Woman. so hard to leave my crutch. she just puts in so much good work for me tho

probably will need another hour or so I guess before I'm fully confident in GL

Dave_6

I definitely remember having trouble with Scarecrow. I gave up and sent in my AI loadout to do the job instead - and even that was a closer fight than it should have been.

I really hate fighting Scarecrow, Robin and Black Adam in general. I don't know what it is about those characters that fucks me up so consistently.

Yep, been doing the WW multiverse today and those three fuck me up every time. I suck at the game still but those three are the ones that made me retry over and over.

I've only got the last stage of this multiverse to do before the deadline but I'm only level 13 with WW. Not sure if I can get up to 20 in time.

Perineum

I hope NR overhauls their input systems. They really need a overhaul. One of the things that disappointed me so much about the first one was that they pretty much changed the block method and called it a day. The B-F input types and whatever engine logic they use doesn't feel right for a back to block game. It's fine in MK, because you can hold block and are free to move the directions around, but that doesn't work here. Part of why other games feel better to play is the motions can be pulled off going from blocking so much more smoothly with the quarter circle motions that have stood the test of time. Their games could feel so much better instead of the herky-jerky controlling you have to do to pull off moves.

The game is good, but this fundamental issue they don't seem to get is really holding it back (no pun intended).

Agreed. There's other things I don't like about IJ2, but the big things universally I think people want to see from NRS' next big game:

Way better animation and flow to combat so it isn't so stiff looking.
Fix this input nonsense.

IJ2 is a great game, but for me other issues I have from going the limit with it, instead of Tekken 7, is:

I hate the chip damage amount
I hate the first hit gives you a bar of meter
I don't like how clash works
I don't like how stage interactions work(some characters throw shit, others move quickly across a stage)
I don't like IJ2's heavy focus on zoners
I don't like that roll isn't a proper means to deal with effective zoning. (can roll behind, or just easily get punished as you roll)
I hate how getting my ass beat gets me WAY too much meter. It should be 50% less especially in a game where 1 bar nets you over 50% health with a lot of the cast.

Those things are what just aren't my jam. Still a fun game I would recommend to a lot of people.

stn

Yep, been doing the WW multiverse today and those three fuck me up every time. I suck at the game still but those three are the ones that made me retry over and over.

I've only got the last stage of this multiverse to do before the deadline but I'm only level 13 with WW. Not sure if I can get up to 20 in time.
You can beat it at level 13, I beat the last WW event at level 12. Use B2 at max range, AA with D2, spend your meter on BF3 MB, and use trait whenever you have the space to do so. Avoid air shield toss, Cheetah will run under it. Use 231 (I think?) as your main string, its +12 on block.

eastx

Definitely feel some strange AI spikes in events even on the low difficulties, I just had to back out of an event because I literally could not beat Harley no matter what. She would consistently land 7-8 hit combos, then juggle trap me in a corner.

Also, are the Guild planets supposed to be ridiculously tough? The current one for my guild has only one level 3 difficulty event and five level 4 difficulty events, but somehow overall is listed at a 2 difficulty?

You should've subbed in an AI to finish that Portal when it got too tough for you.

Yes, the Guild events are annoyingly hard. I wish they'd fix that so less skilled players could still contribute.

H2Yo

So I have just finished the SP campaign and levelled my first character to 20.
I also finished the tower story mode for this character and HOLY SHIT...

Wonder Woman is a bad guy? Like a total dictator/tyrant. Seems strange with all the buzz around the film.

Side Note: I've heard that you can run AI characters in Multiverse, especially the endless challenge tower. No idea how to do this though...

eastx

Wonder Woman is a bad guy? Like a total dictator/tyrant. Seems strange with all the buzz around the film.

Side Note: I've heard that you can run AI characters in Multiverse, especially the endless challenge tower. No idea how to do this though...

Why not check out my Achievement Guide for a step-by-step walkthrough of setting up and using AI characters?

Short version: equip gear on a character's AI profile under Customize Characters. Then, when selecting the character in Multiverse, choose the AI profile instead of the default profile.

Xeteh

So I have just finished the SP campaign and levelled my first character to 20.
I also finished the tower story mode for this character and HOLY SHIT...

To be fair its been established since the first game.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
They should have made the overlord side more understandable instead of straight playing them all evil.

Anyways, yesterday I noticed they gave Ken's signature rolling throw to Cheetah. That was fun.

AdaWong

Any word on when they'll fix the delevling glitch? Am I forever locked out of my Level 20 character rewards?

Stacked ability in one Superman load out to the point where if I can get a super move.... it wipes 50% health from my opponent. The downside is my defense and health stats are low meaning a few hits and I'm screwed lol. But I also love 500hp laser beams :D.

I refused to play Robin because I resent Damian Wayne for replacing Tim Drake. But I gave him a shot and I really took to how he handles. I have to pretend he's Tim but he will be my 2nd level 20 character.

patchday

I'll type this in guild chat at some point too. But at least in the case of gaf guild 3 I'd estimate only bout 10 of us are still actively doing guild universes. The rest are probably dead weight that have moved on to other games, etc.

Do we plan to merge all the active gafs into a guild at some point where everyone puts in work? each person should probably be required to at least do one activity in the guild verse.

You guys aware successful guilds are earning like 1,000 source crystals for completing guildverses right?

Siege.exe

Yeah, I've had no luck getting into a guild that stays active and it's kind of annoying :/ may as well just join the guild my friend made, I'm not getting much out of the one I'm in anyway

delSai

I didn't even know you could get Crystals by finishing Guild Multiverse.
Maybe we should start a Hall of Ls for the active people or something like that?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I had FOUR people quit on me in a brief player match session last night. Why? DUAL BATARANGS BITCHES. With dual batarangs Batman is the best character in the game. So cheesy, lol.

Maybe we should start a Hall of Ls for the active people or something like that?

I was rushing through the pop-ups for Guild Boxes yesterday and accidentally quit out of the House of L's 4 Guild. Fuck.

If a new guild is being made or I can figure out how to get into one of the other ones I am definitely in.

I guess I will hold out for a purge/consolidation at this point.

Sigmaah

Why do characters have lows into overheads and vice versa? Like tf is that dumb shit lmao.

Zoning is too od in this game especially since I'm playing scarecrow. and shit where's my low/overhead with scarecrow?

patchday

Wow before I could type a message to Guild 3 I see this Poison Ivy Multiverse popup. Good thing already leveled her to 20. The AI should breeze through this

yeah we will probably have to do that

JAXXX

Up to 5,907 Bronze Mother Boxes opened. Still no Cat Call........

Do you play Catwoman? because i play WonderWoman and got Catcall, the classic Cheetah headgear, and the staff of grayson but can't get the WW ability that i want.
It's a conspiracy i swear. LOL

if you play the character you'll get every other ability than yours.

Top Bottom