• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider Gaming: COD:MW3 sees influx in cheaters following Xbox Game Pass debut

Do you not see "bundle" there? You have MW3 right there "Bundle". There are gamepass versions of games that are downloaded from the windows store people were complaining about the palworld version being behind on it. You look for Warzone on its own on the windows store. It won't show.
Bundle doesn't mean anything, it just means it's part of cod HQ, the only thing you need to access warzone is the cod HQ since it's the launcher for all of it.
And warzone does show up:
vsn9dZD.jpeg

Last edited:

hinch7

I think the new season has way more to do with influx of cheaters as opposed to hitting gamepass
Maybe a coincidence or perhaps a combination of both. Noticed a load of dodgy low level Xbox players (at least half of my MP games) from the last few days but that's probably another factor.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Maybe a coincidence or perhaps a combination of both. Noticed a load of dodgy low level Xbox players (at least half of my MP games) from the last few days but that's probably another factor.
Its a huge reason I mainly play on PS with crossplay off though I know there are cheats on console as well.

The problem with any cheat detection is its only going to reliably detect the free cheats anyhow.

The better paid versions that people sub to are always going to be ahead of cheat detectors

Three

Bundle doesn't mean anything, it just means it's part of cod HQ, the only thing you need to access warzone is the cod HQ since it's the launcher for all of it.
vsn9dZD.jpeg
You can't get warzone on the windows store unless you get it as part of a MW3 bundle. You can test this on an account without MW3 (or 2 etc) or gamepass and search for warzone on it. I give up trying to explain it to you.

Last edited:

MikeM

Gold Member
There should really be a console only cross play option.
This is why I play these games on console. Kill crossplay and watch the cheaters vanish. More equal playing field too. Sucks because my PC is strong but i’ll gladly pay the online fee to avoid cheaters.

You can't get warzone on the windows store unless you get it as part of a MW3 bundle. You can test this on an account without MW3 (or 2 etc) or gamepass and search for warzone on it. I give up trying to explain it to you.
You should give up, because you're not explaining anything, not anything that aligns with reality anyway; you are completely wrong:

QtLkcHs.png

Ai6T8lK.png

Not even signed in I can find warzone just fine on the ms store and on xbox.com

And as I explained before, the "bundle" doesn't mean anything, since MWIII isn't bundled with warzone:
S4aqZW7.png

pMXmh8o.png

qO0w3lx.png

2CoWVte.png

The only reason it says bundle, as I explained before, is because its part of, as in bundled, with COD HQ (the thing that just says "Call of Duty").

Kerotan

Another perfectly good reason why PC players should not be forced upon the console population (you can’t disable PC crossplay on Xbox).

As if M&K wasn’t enough of an advantage, they have to run cheats as well.

(Not all of them obviously, before panties start getting twisted 😉)
M&K isn't even an advantage on cod. It's a disadvantage and most sweats use controller.

OT:
I read a few gaffers predicting this a few days ago.

Paasei

One of the 3 reasons I no longer play online games. Although I doubt it actually increased or it was just less obvious before.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Just tried this on Mrs Clarky's PC. No Gamepass or MWIII. This is false.

Last edited:

BigLee74

M&K isn't even an advantage on cod. It's a disadvantage and most sweats use controller.

OT:
I read a few gaffers predicting this a few days ago.

Not really as the pathetic aim assist on CoD is almost auto aim. Controllers usually dominates.

Wrong, wrong, brimming over with wrongness. As a pretty damn good (even if I do say so myself) M&K user (many many years of Unreal Tournament), I KNOW M&K me would absolutely destroy controller me over the course of a game.

There is a reason me and my console buddies don’t go near Warzone anymore despite loving it for its first year. Absolutely dominated by PC squads.

clarky

Gold Member
Wrong, wrong, brimming over with wrongness. As a pretty damn good (even if I do say so myself) M&K user (many many years of Unreal Tournament), I KNOW M&K me would absolutely destroy controller me over the course of a game.

There is a reason me and my console buddies don’t go near Warzone anymore despite loving it for its first year. Absolutely dominated by PC squads.
Nah its not. Im Diamond ranked playing on PC controller ( i know im weird, injury prevents long periods of K+M).

I do more than just fine. Controller is absolutely viable.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life

"Me vs me" is not relevant. A player with good "muscle memory" on controller + assist can easily obliterate a good m&kb player.

HusKerrs is an MKB player and the only player inside Warzone’s top 10 highest earners who doesn’t use a controller. When a fellow MKB streamer, IceManIsaac, surprisingly revealed that he thought controller was better — HusKerrs agreed and explained how it provides an advantage.

As HusKerrs points out, controller players are at an advantage because of movement and close-range fights. The former is likely thanks to analog sticks, which make it very easy and intuitive to move your character in a full range of motion.

The latter point is likely due to aim assist, which means that players are able to keep their cross-hairs on opponents up close while moving around.

Last edited:
MS didn't execute something well? That can't be right.

just the first page of gaf . . .

Cant apply updates to newly bought Xbox One (old stock)
DF Weekly: Some original Xbox One units failing to update, disabling most console functions
[Jez Corden] Hotly anticipated 'Black Myth: Wukong' is delayed on Xbox for 'optimizations' — and now, Microsoft has responded
Backwards compatibility is one of the most important aspects of the Xbox brand; the removal of 360 games is actually a crippling blow
Jez Corden - "I've been told that Microsoft is actively working with Capcom to fix MT Framework issues on Xbox"
MVG: 'Goodbye Xbox 360'
Phil Spencer on what the hell is happening in the games industry and why exclusives have become a risky business
The biggest strategic mistake of Xbox's Phil Spencer era is not talked about enough

clarky

Gold Member
MS didn't execute something well? That can't be right.

just the first page of gaf . . .

Cant apply updates to newly bought Xbox One (old stock)
DF Weekly: Some original Xbox One units failing to update, disabling most console functions
[Jez Corden] Hotly anticipated 'Black Myth: Wukong' is delayed on Xbox for 'optimizations' — and now, Microsoft has responded
Backwards compatibility is one of the most important aspects of the Xbox brand; the removal of 360 games is actually a crippling blow
Jez Corden - "I've been told that Microsoft is actively working with Capcom to fix MT Framework issues on Xbox"
MVG: 'Goodbye Xbox 360'
Phil Spencer on what the hell is happening in the games industry and why exclusives have become a risky business
The biggest strategic mistake of Xbox's Phil Spencer era is not talked about enough
its a nothing burger of a thread.

what does any of that have to do with the topic at hand?

Pop

Just another reason crossplay should always be optional with PC

Every chance I get if I am playing on console, is to turn off PC crossplay If I can

BigLee74

"Me vs me" is not relevant. A player with good "muscle memory" on controller + assist can easily obliterate a good m&kb player.

HusKerrs is an MKB player and the only player inside Warzone’s top 10 highest earners who doesn’t use a controller. When a fellow MKB streamer, IceManIsaac, surprisingly revealed that he thought controller was better — HusKerrs agreed and explained how it provides an advantage.

As HusKerrs points out, controller players are at an advantage because of movement and close-range fights. The former is likely thanks to analog sticks, which make it very easy and intuitive to move your character in a full range of motion.

The latter point is likely due to aim assist, which means that players are able to keep their cross-hairs on opponents up close while moving around.

Of course me v me is relevant. My point is I’ve been playing long enough with both to know the pros and cons of each. You can quote ‘Elite’ players all you want, but I don’t believe for a minute it holds true for the majority of players. Otherwise every PC player would be on a controller.

Quite simply, you cannot snap onto heads/targets anywhere near as easily with a controller than you can with a M&K.

Aim assist on controller is the only thing that makes it remotely possible to have cross play with M&K, but even then it’s limited to to close/medium play. And has as many cons as it does pros (it’s as likely to knock your aim than it is to assist you).

Anyway, an argument for another thread! I would die on this hill by the way 😂

raduque

hQ6dHgX.png

Not sure why you find it so hard to believe free game is free. Taken directly from the windows store.

Like i said the tweet is bullshit with no receipts, then to top it off the article references MWIII when the tweet is talking about warzone.

Like other have said new season just started, COD is busiest during these times = more cheaters.
Warzone and MWIII multiplayer are two different things.

Kerotan

I've played warzone professionally and I can tell you for sure controller has the advantage on that game. All things even it wouldn't but Activision jacked up the aim assist to keep controller players happy.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
YO that first page is wild.

Obviously this is to do with Gamepass and NOT to do with a new season starting leading to an influx of players and this cheaters..........

PbpZUw0.jpg

clarky

Gold Member
Warzone and MWIII multiplayer are two different things.
OK good spot, your powers of deduction are unmatched.

The original tweet was about Warzone. Do you have trouble reading the thread? Would you like me to bring you up to speed if you can't be arsed?

Last edited:

BigLee74

I’m loving the defence for M&K, and I suspect by M&K players. No way in a million years does controller beat M&K.

Three

vsn9dZD.jpeg

Maybe it's a regional thing or recent thing that isn't working properly
20240729-230257.jpg

I'm certainly not the only one with this:
Needing MW and needing to be installed from Battle.net (for PC) :

41 people with the same question of it not being available :

Are you sure when you click install it doesn't try to install to an xbox you own? I haven't had an xbox since 2014-15.

Last edited:
Are you sure when you click install it doesn't try to install to an xbox you own?

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

pQAugOz.jpeg

Edit: also did you even look at those links?
The first one is from 2022 when MWIII wasn't even out yet and warzone actually was tied to MWII, and the second one is from 2023 when COD wasn't on the ms store or the xbox app at all.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Maybe it's a regional thing or recent thing that isn't working properly
20240729-230257.jpg

I'm certainly not the only one with this:
Needing MW:

41 people with the same question of it not being available and needing to be installed from Battle.net (for PC) :

Are you sure when you click install it doesn't try to install to an xbox you own? I haven't had an xbox since 2014-15.
Nope deffo works. Search for COD instead. I didn't complete the download because obviously im not downloading 300gb but started the download then stopped after a gig or so.

The size of the download suggests it is also downloading MWIII or II or both as well. But you won't be able to start those titles through CODHQ until you purchase them i'd guess. But again im not downloading 300gig just to check lol.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
There are always outliers and freaks, but by their very definition they are not normal.
But the freaks would all be on Kb+M if it was the better option. Sure you'd get the odd outlier but the majority of the best players gravitate to the best control option.

I'm not saying gamepad is better than KB+M generally by the way, obviously not. But in this particular game with the amount of assists pad users get coupled with the best players in the world also using pads, it certainly seems that way.

Last edited:

Hrk69

Gold Member
Another perfectly good reason why PC players should not be forced upon the console population (you can’t disable PC crossplay on Xbox).

As if M&K wasn’t enough of an advantage, they have to run cheats as well.

(Not all of them obviously, before panties start getting twisted 😉)
Actually, playing MW3 with a controller gives you a huge advantage over M&K.

It's aim-assist galore.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
But the freaks would all be on Kb+M if it was the better option. Sure you'd get the odd outlier but the majority of the best players gravitate to the best control option.

I'm not saying gamepad is better than KB+M generally by the way, obviously not. But in this particular game with the amount of assists pad users get coupled with the best players in the world also using pads, it certainly seems that way.
"Best" players. :messenger_winking:

I’m loving the defence for M&K, and I suspect by M&K players. No way in a million years does controller beat M&K.

What defence? M&KB don't need defence. That "lack" of any aim assist speaks for itself.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
"Best" players. :messenger_winking:

What defence? M&KB don't need defence. That "lack" of any aim assist speaks for itself.
Long range KB+M has a clear advantage in this game. Close up you'll get deleted by a gamepad player, it almost feels like cheating the amount of aim assist there is.

Top Bottom