• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPad Air

Pachimari

Does the iPad Mini with Retina Display use the same covers and cases as the first iPad Mini?

I think I'm about to sell my iPad Mini but would like to keep the cover/case if the new one supports them.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Can anybody give some input on doing the iPad Air on AT&T NEXT?

I know for actual cell phones, it's kind of an abysmal deal. But I didn't know they offered it for iPads.

With the iPad, I'm positive I want to upgrade every year. So I can sign up - pay not a penny now - and have 12 payments of $31.50. That's a total of $378. I then trade in the device when the new one comes out in a year, and I get the new one (assuming it's the same price) for another 20-month contract, with the option to upgrade in 12?

Do you have to have data the whole time? I do anyway, just curious....

I know for actual cell phones, it's kind of an abysmal deal. But I didn't know they offered it for iPads.

With the iPad, I'm positive I want to upgrade every year. So I can sign up - pay not a penny now - and have 12 payments of $31.50. That's a total of $378. I then trade in the device when the new one comes out in a year, and I get the new one (assuming it's the same price) for another 20-month contract, with the option to upgrade in 12?

This is something i need to know as
Welll

Vyer

After reading this I went to the AT&T site and read the little NEXT blurb on the iPad page. I must be missing something here. That sounds a little too good to be true. They still have 'initial device cost' as 199, so they must be mistakenly using the phone copy on that page.

Sickbean

Are any of UK GAF gonna queue up tomorrow for one? I'm thinking of heading down to the Trafford Centre and chancing John Lewis. They are opening the electrical dept at 8am.

jts

...hate me...
ugh..now I'm questioning it too.
Why the hell Apple got rid of slate. Best color of all time bar none. It would be a no-brainer for me if I were a buyer this year.

Well, at least it helps me hold dearly onto my 2012 iOS devices (5 and mini).

Why the hell Apple got rid of slate. Best color of all time bar none. It would be a no-brainer for me if I were a buyer this year.

The chamfered edge on slate chips too easily, that's why they replaced it with space grey.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Are any of UK GAF gonna queue up tomorrow for one? I'm thinking of heading down to the Trafford Centre and chancing John Lewis. They are opening the electrical dept at 8am.

If it's anything like the mini last year you will just be able to reserve one at Argos/Currys/PC World no problem.

Mindwipe

Was stock adequate to cover demand on day one for those then? Never paid attention to these things before.

Very easily for the three and four.

There were queues outside of the Apple stores, but I just went to the Argos three doors down and I there were maybe... three people there at opening time?

BFIB

Still debating between the 16 or 32GB.

Might hit my Target in the morning. Hopefully they have them.

For those that bought the iPad at midnight last year on bestbuy.com, if you did in store pickup where you really guaranteed a copy?

Because what if there is a big line? I doubt they're going to just turn people away who were waiting

Have any of you folks used Gazelle in the past? How long from delivery of a device is it until they pay out?

I've had them pay out within a week or so.

Back in Nov of 2012 I sold them my old iPhone 4.

Got shipping information/instructions on 11/22
Shipped out that day
Received notification that box was received by Gazelle 11/27
Received notification that box was opened on 11/28
Received notification that iPhone was checked out good on 11/29
Received payment via PayPal on 11/30

If you request a check it would probably take longer I imagine

Deku Tree

Anyone find some good cases for the iPad Air?

Is the official Apple case very protective? (In general I feel as if the official Apple cases usually do not protect you any more than the iPad itself does from drops, but I have never tried the iPad Smart cases.)

I want to buy an iPad Air and a good case, but I hate that it takes a while for the good cases to come out....

solarus

tumblr_mal7mlOc761qauzjwo1_1280.jpg

I've had them pay out within a week or so.

Back in Nov of 2012 I sold them my old iPhone 4.

Got shipping information/instructions on 11/22
Shipped out that day
Received notification that box was received by Gazelle 11/27
Received notification that box was opened on 11/28
Received notification that iPhone was checked out good on 11/29
Received payment via PayPal on 11/30

If you request a check it would probably take longer I imagine

Ok, great. Good to know. My payment is coming through PayPal, so hopefully that moves things along as well.

Thinking of selling my 4 to get a retina mini. I love the full size ones, but there are more and more situations where I find myself wishing it were a bit smaller.

rezuth

It's really hard to do.

Thinking about selling my iPad 3 and moving to a Mini Retina

The size seems better and the iPad 3 seems to reeaaaalllly be struggling with iOS7 and is starting to show its age

dorkimoe

Still debating between the 16 or 32GB.

Might hit my Target in the morning. Hopefully they have them.

So who's going to try Wal-Mart at midnight?

I will try walmart tonight, but i dont expect them to have any. SO probably just order on apple.com

get a 32, seriously..i have a 16gb, and 2 tv shows and my apps fills it. Apps are getting bigger

mcfrank

I have always had White iPads (well since they made them available, my iPad 1 was Black) but I am thinking of going Space Grey this time. I really like how it looks on the 5S.

Ovid

I don't think I can wait for the Mini. It's rumored to come out on November 21st and I'm not even guaranteed to get one.

I might bite the bullet and get a white Air.

BFIB

I don't think I can wait for the Mini. It's rumored to come out on November 21st and I'm not even guaranteed to get one.

I might bite the bullet and get a white Air.

I was in the same boat. After seeing the hands on impressions of the Air, that pretty much put me over.

Called my Best Buy and they had a message playing that said they're opening at 8am for the iPad Air. Hopefully the midnight in-store pickup thing works.

Damn. didn't think this would happen to me but I'm officially stuck in the "White or Black" decision-making deadlock. I guess it's because I've only ever owned the black model of any given iOS device...

Nightz

Called my Best Buy and they had a message playing that said they're opening at 8am for the iPad Air. Hopefully the midnight in-store pickup thing works.

Went to Best Buy today to check out the PS4 and trade in some games. While I was at the customer service desk I asked if we'd be able to buy the iPad Air online for in-store pickup tomorrow. The lady told me no (due to limited stock) and that they would open at 8 am for anyone who wants to purchase the Air.

She seemed pretty confident with her response...but I'll be up checking at midnight anyway.

Went to Best Buy today to check out the PS4 and trade in some games. While I was at the customer service desk I asked if we'd be able to buy the iPad Air online for in-store pickup tomorrow. The lady told me no (due to limited stock) and that they would open at 8 am for anyone who wants to purchase the Air.

She seemed pretty confident with her response...but I'll be up checking at midnight anyway.

How limited is limited? I'm just hoping 32GB verizon isn't popular tomorrow

dorkimoe

ok i called walmart

for those wanting to go to walmart at midnight..just call and ask lol

Mine said they didnt have any yet, check back at 9 tomorrow morning. So my guess is they have them and just are gonna sell at 9 when they have more employees working. and they just arent doing a midnight sale.

So ill swing by at 9

BFIB

I'm just going to swing by Target at 8:00 and see if they have them. If not, I'll be going to a few places and take an extended lunch.

Top Bottom