• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPad Air

ok i called walmart

for those wanting to go to walmart at midnight..just call and ask lol

Mine said they didnt have any yet, check back at 9 tomorrow morning. So my guess is they have them and just are gonna sell at 9 when they have more employees working. and they just arent doing a midnight sale.

So ill swing by at 9

I called both walmarts for midnight sale, one only has 16GB but will sell at midnight the other doesn't know anything

Best buy 8am it is then

Still no Verge review? :(

They're usually last with reviews, but there are like a dozen video reviews from big publications out already

mandiller

When were they ever on that list? They had the iPhone 5 review days before release.

I haven't seen it officially confirmed but it seems to be the consensus over at The Verge forums where this is being discussed.

I assume Apple were displeased with their coverage of iOS7 calling it a "mess".

The Verge didn't have a pre-release review of the 5S did they?

I haven't seen it officially confirmed but it seems to be the consensus over at The Verge forums where this is being discussed.

I assume Apple were displeased with their coverage of iOS7 calling it a "mess".

The Verge didn't have a pre-release review of the 5S did they?

I don't remember, but I do remember all their apple products reviews are usually last to go up

If it is because they are critical of apple then that says more about apple insecurity

Guess Who

Banned

The Verge forum is full of hilariously butthurt fanboys who just want to come up with conspiracies as to why their favorite product isn't getting rated 10/10.

solarus

So are you guys getting 16gb or 32gb? I have enough set aside right now only for a 16gb but for the same price I can get a 32gb ipad mini retina when it comes out :/ i currently have a 32gb mini that's almost full but the weight reduction of the air and price hike of the mini really makes the mini a lot more unappealing at this point.

Ovid

So are you guys getting 16gb or 32gb? I have enough set aside right now only for a 16gb but for the same price I can get a 32gb ipad mini retina when it comes out :/ i currently have a 32gb mini that's almost full but the weight reduction of the air and price hike of the mini really makes the mini a lot more unappealing at this point.

16GB. My iPad 1 never dropped below 5GB of free space.

16GB if you're just streaming everything. I usually have 32GB and with some large apps and magazines you'll fill up 16 pretty quick

bodine1231

16gb for me. I delete games when I tire of them and delete comics when I read them,never had a problem with space.

mandiller

Bought my black iPad air and red Smart Cover. Heading home to open it there and load it up. Can't wait :)

*EDIT*

I'm currently restoring it from my iTunes backup. The first thing that hits you is how small and light it feels. The weight, or lack thereof, is immediately noticeable. As someone who was tossing up between the new Air and retina mini, I happy with my choice. It feels really small but still has the same great screen size.

3AjMjJ8.jpg

9a9lihx.jpg

ANXFPy1.jpg

mrVczhQ.jpg

.hacked

very nice.

Thinking about heading out at 8:00am hitting Best Buy. 128gb Space Grey with a Smart Case, hope there is ample supply.

I like the red smart cover, but I don't think it's the one I'm gonna grab. What's the consensus on smart cover color with the black model? I'm between blue, green and black.

LCfiner

Not sure there could be a consensus on colour :)

I think black, blue, green and red work OK with the black/grey iPads.

Black + Red is such a good combo. I did that with the original mini and it looked hot.

EDIT: more pics and impressions please! Especially about its size and weight and how comfortable it is to hold and use over extended periods.

mandiller

Wow. How comfortable is it to hold for reading?

It's really great actually. Much better than my old iPad 3 due to the size and weight. I was tossing up whether to get the retina mini mainly because of the Kindle app, but the bigger screen drew me to the air again because it seems like it would be easier on the eyes for reading websites without zooming.

I just fired up the Kindle app and it's great. You can actually hold this iPad in one hand it's that light.

solarus

It's really great actually. Much better than my old iPad 3 due to the size and weight. I was tossing up whether to get the retina mini mainly because of the Kindle app, but the bigger screen drew me to the air again because it seems like it would be easier on the eyes for reading websites without zooming.

I just fired up the Kindle app and it's great. You can actually hold this iPad in one hand it's that light.
Thanks! Ok that settles it, ditching retina mini for the air. Just need to save a bit more up for the 32gb model.

Enco

Is the official smart cover the only good option or is there are cheaper alternative that will cover both the front and back with minimal bulk?

Not sure if I want to do the expensive smart cover + separate back cover combo again.

Does anyone know the deal on supply with these bad boys? Can I walk into a Best Buy right when they open and get one, or should i go wait in line?

Bought my black iPad air and red Smart Cover. Heading home to open it there and load it up. Can't wait :)

*EDIT*

I'm currently restoring it from my iTunes backup. The first thing that hits you is how small and light it feels. The weight, or lack thereof, is immediately noticeable. As someone who was tossing up between the new Air and retina mini, I happy with my choice. It feels really small but still has the same great screen size.

Just curious, the iPad Air wallpaper thats featured on Apple's iPad Air site...is that available on the new Airs? It's not a stock iOS7 wallpaper from what I understand. Didn't know if it came with the new iPads or not.

I've literally gone back and forth so many times today on the black/white color. Maybe it's because every iPad i've owned has been black and I want something different. But still, the space gray looks good in these hands on videos, but the white/silver looks great in the iOS7 marketing features. Here's hoping Best Buy has some demo units.

PFD

I'm probably going with the white iPad/red cover combo. I ordered three of those 1 cent cases from Amazon. If they're good I might return the Smart Cover.

An-Det

Looks like business discounts work day one, so I can get $12 off the 32 gb from apple.com. Wasn't expecting anything, so I'm glad I checked that.

Phreaker

It's not midnight your local time, it's PST? I was hoping to order one online for pickup at my store at midnight (Eastern) my time. I guess I could go to bed at set my alarm for 3AM, ugh.

Mononoke

Banned

*EDIT*

How light is it? I'm really torn on this and the Mini too. I personally jumped from iPad 3 to mini, because I thought the lighter weight + the dimensions made it easier to hold. I use my iPad daily (like to watch videos in bed with it) etc.

Is this a big jump from the iPad?

EDIT: I see you already started replying. Thanks for the posts. Was going to get one tomorrow morning at my local Best Buy. Still going back and forth between this and the mini. Bleh.

dorkimoe

Does anyone know the deal on supply with these bad boys? Can I walk into a Best Buy right when they open and get one, or should i go wait in line?

article today said they had a huge supply. thats why they are allowing you to order in the app for instore pickup for that morning. stores are expected to have a bunch

im gonna order one at midnight then go to bestbuy around 10 and if i can get one awesome, if not ill wait till it ships

An-Det

It's not midnight your local time, it's PST? I was hoping to order one online for pickup at my store at midnight (Eastern) my time. I guess I could go to bed at set my alarm for 3AM, ugh.

Same deal for me. I'm staying up watching horror movies to kill the time, but I wish it was midnight local for each zone. 3 am and I haven't seen eye to eye this week.

So when are these going live on the Apple website in North America?

4 hours 40 minutes or so, midnight PST.

If you're going to use the iPad a lot anyway, why throw a piece of junk on something so expensive?

Reminds me of people putting expensive electronic equipment of cheaply made ikea furniture

Top Bottom