• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 4 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burt

Anndd off to the The Americans thread for the episode I missed last week.

All praises to
the AK-wielding Patton Oswalt. Glory is thy name.

Ruze789

My goodness, that was a good one. A whole bunch of 'I did not see that coming' in there.

And there is not much better television than when Raylan draws on someone. So. Damn. Satisfying.

Burt

Spoiler tagged who I think Drew is:
Shelby

talking about the past the way he did as foreshadowing/a hint? Makes sense. It's getting a little late in the season to keep introducing characters and it's just gotta be some sort of twist

talking about the past the way he did as foreshadowing/a hint? Makes sense. It's getting a little late in the season to keep introducing characters and it's just gotta be some sort of twist

And note how he used the Marshal's trust in him to find out where the widow was so he could go visit her at the end of the episode.

Geeeezzz, people like you make me feel like I'm terrible at watching TV. Nice pick up.

Although all Art said was she was at a motel with a security detail... It just struck me as odd. That and Ellen May asking if she'll ever become respectable, and Shelby says something like "if you put on the costume long enough you'll become it" -- maybe what he did, going from outlaw to security guard at the mine to finally sheriff.

Edit:
Oh, and they made a point about the Detroit hitman not knowing Shelby. Perhaps to just make it clear he didn't encounter him, snap his picture. Since he was wearing the uniform it'd be easy to think that otherwise -- and they further reinforced it by saying he probably stole it from the dry cleaner. I'm still trying to puzzle out if Ellen May is his daughter -- I don't think so, and it seems almost too easy for this show, and it doesn't quite add up. But there's something more there, I think.

Watch me be wrong, and REALLY wrong about it now, haha. I need to go back and watch from the beginning of the season as well, I didn't really get the strong vibes until this episode, but I bet there are earlier hints (that is, if I'm right).

Just got around to reading the reviews
and, yep, I'm almost certain. Someone pointed out that in an earlier episode Shelby mentioned 25 - 30 years ago he hurt his legs in a car accident -- remember that story about how he shot a criminal that was driving a car and the car hit him?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Spoiler tagged who I think Drew is:
Shelby

I agree, they're definitely hinting heavily at that. Kind of hope they subvert expectations on that, since it does seem a bit heavy handed.

That said, awesome episode. I figured Arlo would die at some point in the season after Raylan's line last week, but didn't think it'd be this soon. The scene with him and Hunter was nuts. GET SOME, YEAH! And two shootouts in as many weeks! Seems clear that Colton and Tim are going to have some kind of showdown down the line so that should be good. Also nice to see Boyd end up on top
even though it clearly won't last :p

Looking forward to seeing how the Wynn Duffy-Boyd relationship progresses, since clearly some fireworks are in store. And damn, Arlo was an asshole to the end. Wouldn't have it any other way. Tim Olyphant did a good job in that scene where he was getting choked up while waiting for the elevator too.

Edit:
Although all Art said was she was at a motel with a security detail... It just struck me as odd. That and Ellen May asking if she'll ever become respectable, and Shelby says something like "if you put on the costume long enough you'll become it" -- maybe what he did, going from outlaw to security guard at the mine to finally sheriff.

Edit:
Oh, and they made a point about the Detroit hitman not knowing Shelby. Perhaps to just make it clear he didn't encounter him, snap his picture. Since he was wearing the uniform it'd be easy to think that otherwise -- and they further reinforced it by saying he probably stole it from the dry cleaner. I'm still trying to puzzle out if Ellen May is his daughter -- I don't think so, and it seems almost too easy for this show, and it doesn't quite add up. But there's something more there, I think.

Another thing, Shelby had that St. Christopher necklace, patron saint of, among other things, pilots. Seemed a bit random to have for no reason, but maybe it's a bit of a stretch? Just made a note of that during this repeat.

Really? I'm enjoying it far more than season 3 at this point. I like the more episodic feel of the season compared to the dreadful structure of season 3. It was really smart for them to focus on a mystery instead of doing another season long villain, ala Mags, or several season long villains like Quarles and Limehouse.

I'll say that this season has had fantastic dialogue and really appreciate how it's giving secondary characters like Shelby the limelight. By no means do I dislike this season - I just happen to prefer the "big season-long villain" structure of the previous seasons, though I understand why some might prefer S4's more episodic nature.

All things said, tonight's episode was excellent, though it cut short a few story threads that I wish were expanded upon.

Boyd, you sly fox. You played everyone and got the 2 dead bodies you needed.

And Raylan, quick drawing SOB. 2 weeks, two glorious kills. "I hope I got that right."

A+ episode

otapnam

Watched the ep on dvr, was waiting for raylan to shootup the hitman, rewatched it 5 times in a row. It was GLORIOUS. Cant wait for the gifs

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Holy shit Arlo is really dead?! WOW and his final words to Raylan were "Kiss my ass". Asshole to the very end. I'm shocked that he was killed though, and in such an unceremonious fashion. Like, I think it should have felt a little "bigger" than it did; as it stands it kinda felt like business as usual.

kirblar

Holy shit Arlo is really dead?! WOW and his final words to Raylan were "Kiss my ass". Asshole to the very end. I'm shocked that he was killed though, and in such an unceremonious fashion. Like, I think it should have felt a little "bigger" than it did; as it stands it kinda felt like business as usual.
Pointed out in the AV Club comments: Raylan's prophecy at the end of the previous episode came true. And he has to live with it.

Also, re: the spoiler tag stuff.
Yup, totally him, but this episode seemed designed to let the audience in on the game.

Vert boil

kissmyassr5e4n.gif

vvv1krp1i.gif

shoot1kriw1.gif

shoot252cbe.gif

shockmhdwt.gif

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Blimey, the bodycount for this episode was just wack, talk about over kill.
Also Raylan at the eleveator and how sad he was, like if he was just a small child :(

Linius

Holy shit. This episode had an amazing bodycount and some badass scenes. Loved Boyd teaching these older fellas a lesson :p

Gif time!

ibxpRJZ1azVS9N.gif

ibpHkzovdzVCCu.gif

i8KuDi7EQyYic.gif

ibvRlDpqJNBjx7.gif

i9oQkmsxZr6W5.gif

EDIT

*Darn it, screwed up that Raylan shooting the button man gif. Might redo it later, don't feel like it now :p

Another thing, Shelby had that St. Christopher necklace, patron saint of, among other things, pilots. Seemed a bit random to have for no reason, but maybe it's a bit of a stretch? Just made a note of that during this repeat.

Excellent catch!

Linius

Here is my crack at it I wanted to do the whole thing but it got to large so I took out the end and the oh shit face shots AVA

ikQ6bqrDQwJNa.gif

Yeah, I just missed a word in the text I added. I think the gif delivers a bit more when you know what they're saying.

And as long as you're under 15MB you should be fine ;)

Btw, I'm wondering where they're taking the Johnny vs. Colt story line. It looks like Johnny blackmailed him for money and now what...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom