• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 4 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducarmel

Yeah, I just missed a word in the text I added. I think the gif delivers a bit more when you know what they're saying.

And as long as you're under 15MB you should be fine ;)
For some reason I still care about gifs being under 5MB

Btw, I'm wondering where they're taking the Johnny vs. Colt story line. It looks like Johnny blackmailed him for money and now what...
I think Johnny just wanted to confirm Colt did not kill Ellen May, Colt showing up to the drop spot proved it. His next move might be how he can find her and use it against Colt or Boyd.

otapnam

For some reason I still care about gifs being under 5MB

I think Johnny just wanted to confirm Colt did not kill Ellen May, Colt showing up to the drop spot proved it. His next move might be how he can find her and use it against Colt or Boyd.

Doesnt matter, tims gonna kill colt. And i really hope its a good fight

Ducarmel

Doesnt matter, tims gonna kill colt. And i really hope its a good fight
Assuming they prove Colt murdered the dealer and Tim's friend, the only evidence is the cigarette, but that only proves he has been to the dealers place. Being an MP he probably isn't that dumb and probably will get rid of the gun.

Just Ellen May being alive is enough ammo for Johnny if he plays his cards right regardless what happens to Colt. She can pin a murder on Ava and can implicate Boyd, Colt and Ava conspired to kill her.

It would be a good plan b if Duffy does not come through getting rid of Boyd.

More gifs.

i5T8SWKaCTa85.gif

iyvZPJgOIOzbH.gif

ibz1z4b8XL7Obi.gif

iIte0Nb0hQBhm.gif

iFedj9mn0Jhwr.gif

iiRPx04qvKFL1.gif

iUtpCkUNlDPoi.gif

i0tkauW1O9ODM.gif

ibm0q5XgxvpF26.gif

ibrj1R5GRCUl0O.gif

ibpuICYnJ2OQdP.gif

ibiUcP1a88UVmZ.gif

iqAMVYOvbjlQO.gif

tim.mbp

Drew and Ellen May speculation:

If Shelby is Drew, is he using Ellen May to bring down Boyd or as leverage to force Boyd to protect him from Detroit.

Burt

If I can't even talk about
Patton Oswalt going straight AK commando in the preview
, half those gifs definitely need some sort of spoiler tag.

half those gifs definitely need some sort of spoiler tag.
Once it has aired, it's fair game aside from previews & sneak peeks. Obviously, it'd be a dick move to post them in another thread, but for the most part it's not a problem here. If there's anything specific that's really bothering people, let me know.

Linius

Once it has aired, it's fair game aside from previews & sneak peeks. Obviously, it'd be a dick move to post them in another thread, but for the most part it's not a problem here. If there's anything specific that's really bothering people, let me know.

I agree with these terms. Just keep the gifs inside this thread and spoiler tag anything concerning previews. I never watch previews so I would hate it if people don't spoiler tag that. But in general Gaf is doing fine with spoilers.

Burt

Ah, well if thems the rules, that's fine. Never really occurred to me cause I'm not the kind of person who can avoid the "next week on" stuff, especially cause I watch a bunch of FX and half that stuff ends up in commercials anyway.

BTW,
after Raylan killed the hit the hitman last night, he stepped on his hand and kicked the gun away, exact same as one of the promos this season that I really liked
. Thought it was cool.

otapnam

Assuming they prove Colt murdered the dealer and Tim's friend, the only evidence is the cigarette, but that only proves he has been to the dealers place. Being an MP he probably isn't that dumb and probably will get rid of the gun.

Just Ellen May being alive is enough ammo for Johnny if he plays his cards right regardless what happens to Colt. She can pin a murder on Ava and can implicate Boyd, Colt and Ava conspired to kill her.

It would be a good plan b if Duffy does not come through getting rid of Boyd.

Colt's drug addiction is fucking him up, there's no way he's going to get out of this season alive. Everything's going to meet at some point soon, its GOING DOWN

xenist

Spoiler tagged who I think Drew is:
Shelby

Yup. Or they're throwing the mother of all fake-outs.

Nice to see that wretched piece of shit die. Great work from Olyphant.

And seriously, I'm getting really, really bad vibes whenever Boyd and Ava have a scene together.

Solo

Pretty good episode. A bit of an anticlimactic end to Arlo and Raylan's arc. Best scene was Boyd putting the rich guys in their place - Goggins killed that one. Seems like the setup for S5 and/or S6 will likely be the Detroit mob coming for Boyd, with Raylan probably helping Boyd.

Oh, and that was a cool musical flourish/transition from Arlo being stabbed to the opening credits.

I do feel like Boyd and Arlo should have had some kinda scene. They were so close in Season 2. Hopefully we get a reaction out of him next episode.

Duffy's botoxed forehead is starting to overshadow his eyebrows. It's like he got one big injection in the middle. It's smooth then wrinkled all around the edge.

Jesus... this episode was a bloodbath. And Colt's definitely gonna get Gutterson'd before the end of the season after killing Tim's friend. Pretty shocked that Arlo got killed like that. What is this fanatic devotion to Drew Thompson?

Spoiler tagged who I think Drew is:
Shelby

This is my theory as well and all the posts in here have confirmed it. Damn.

Got a chance to watch the latest episode during a rerun tonight.

Damn, what a bloodbath. Good stuff! No Jackie Nevada though.

Shelby's gotta be our man, unless the writers are just trolling at this point.

Last weeks episode was good, but this week's episode was something else entirely.

I am very sad to see Arlo go. He was a true piece of shit, but I didn't like Raylan having to end the relationship like that (plus, I love Arlo's character and his actor). I hope Raylan beats the living hell out of his killer next week. (And I was sorta surprised Winona didn't show up to offer support. Maybe next episode Zea will have some free time from her dire-looking new show with Kevin Bacon...)

I agree with others about Tim and Colt... and after this episode especially, I'm all for it. I like Colt's presence in the show and appreciate the character, but I'm starting to really hate him. Which is the point, of course.

Raylan was right. That "psychic" woman is hot.

Anyone else convinced the sheriff wasn't lying about his fatal cancer? That's the best explanation I can come up with for his going so hard against Boyd.

I do not see things ending well now that Boyd's made this deal with the devil. Ava is right to be worried. Maybe Boyd will be able to call on "Uncle Sam" (and Raylan) to help him when the time comes, since I am pretty sure Boyd's finished with God.

(Aside: we don't know exactly what agreement was made between Boyd and Nickelodeon GUTS. I find it hard to believe Wynn would be tossed aside like that by Theo et. al. and that Boyd would be accepted so easily by the fucking mob, especially when he's proven time and again that he works for nobody but himself. But if so, that means we have Wynn against Boyd and the marshals, and, to paraphrase Quarles, that's a Wynn-Wynn situation for us.)

I am still holding out out hope for a surprise Bobby Quarles cameo later in the season. It's just too perfect: he's got plenty of info on Theo Tonin (was very close to the man, in fact), and, unless the writers decide he's dead, he's gonna be easy to find for an interview. (Speaking of cameos I want to see, where the hell is Limehouse?)

I refuse to read spoilers about Drew Peterson's identity, but I suspect it's someone we know well... I'll probably feel stupid when it's revealed.

God I love this show.
Gangstagrass is the shit.

Matt Zoller Seitz with some thoughts on director John Dahl's work on this week's episode:

My 5 fave shots from JUSTIFIED S4 E8, dir: John Dahl. #5 is a pan-up, starts here...
awPSdU9.png

#5 pan-up ends in this tight CU.
LYTRYYX.png

#4 is a wide shot; sneaker poking up in FG is very Elmore Leonard -- ghoulishly dry.
Bjx7Mlb.png

#3 uses a cell phone to create a screen within the screen.
YAia1Ph.png

#2 is gangsta cowboy brilliant -- Boyd posing like Jesse James, back to camera.
lwgoAaE.png

#1 has an understated power rarely seen outside old Hollywood studio pix. A John Ford special.
IEUz9ow.png

John Dahl does not cover. John Dahl directs. His shots have purpose & meaning. He's a quiet master.

Clevinger

Finally caught up.

After all that hype about Jackie Nevada, I'm pretty disappointed. She didn't do much more than look pretty.

RIP, Arlo. You were amazing right to the end.

Duffy's botoxed forehead is starting to overshadow his eyebrows. It's like he got one big injection in the middle. It's smooth then wrinkled all around the edge.

There's this part of his right eyebrow that I constantly try to figure out whether it's a lick of eyebrow hair standing up, or if it's a weird ass wrinkle in his skin from his facelift. It's distracting.

Welp, I have made my way through all the seasons up to the most recent episode. Fantastic show.

Onto Deadwood now. If the show is as good as everyone says it is, I have a feeling I'm going to be very disappointed with the fact that there's only 3 seasons.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Caught up. While I still prefer big bad storylines, this season has been on fire. Justified is one of those rare cop shows that could pull nearly an entire season without the main character offing somebody, but man, it just feels SO RIGHT when Raylan unholsters and drops some fool.

Kudos to papa Raylan, too. He was indeed an asshole till the bitter end.

Duffy is a cockroach.

You got that right. Somehow, I think he may even put an end to this season by blasting Boyd or Ava in the gut. This time for reals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom