• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 4 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Gutterson going after Colt...uh oh. Haha

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Oh man, only 3? :(

Remember when we were all wondering about the preacher in the church? Feels like ages ago lol.

Skipping the preview to avoid spoilers. can we agree to spoiler any hints about next week?

That episode was amazing. :)

And I'll never forgive the show if they hurt Ellen Mae.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
God I am loving this season. What a fantastic episode, especially how it laid out how crazy all this shit has gotten. Art Mullen doing a Hugo Reyes impression, Limehouse coming back and how they crafted Drew/Shelby into a living macguffin with shifting motivations and palatable emotion is great stuff. I just love how Justified creates these villains you have to feel for. Can't wait to see how this wraps up.

Personally I can't see Ava getting killed, but getting put away for the whole next season in prison or somewhere else on the run is possible, I think, set up goals for Boyd in the final season while allowing a season in between for him to build towards a big bad with no right hand men (because Colt and Johnnie are NOT living). Gonna be so good.

Klocker

Awesome. :)

Did anyone else find Raylan's seeming lack of empathy of Ellen Mae a bit out of character at the end?
\

I think he was the only one who actually realized how much at risk they were not that they had Thompson... looking back his look was more, "yea if we live through this"

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
If Ellen Mae dies, I will rage... She's like the human version of a little puppy dog.

Her sudden deep characterization at the start of the season was a little off putting, but now that they've spread her out across the season, her story has really become something else. Her innocence really doesn't feel as cheap or unnecessary as it would on other shows. Really good building up to this showdown.

First thing we're going to do is we're going to acknowledge that this guy's awesome!

What?!

I mean, he shoots Theo Tonin, fakes his own death in a spectacular fashion, pushes a guy out of an airplane while he's flying it, parachutes into Harlan County with enough coke and cash to jump start the economy of a small country, and then he has the balls to get a job in law enforcement not once but two times! He spends a couple days riding around with you while you're looking for him and now he's run off with a hooker that's half his age! That's some badass shit!

It's pretty badass...

Damn, there's three episodes left? Feels like next episode could be the season finale.

Also, Art killed it with the badass speech. Had me in stitches.

First thing we're going to do is we're going to acknowledge that this guy's awesome!

What?!

I mean, he shoots Theo Tonin, fakes his own death in a spectacular fashion, pushes a guy out of an airplane while he's flying it, parachutes into Harlan County with enough coke and cash to jump start the economy of a small country, and then he has the balls to get a job in law enforcement not once but two times! He spends a couple days riding around with you while you're looking for him and now he's run off with a hooker that's half his age! That's some badass shit!

It's pretty badass...

Well done. Fantastic monologue in a very good episode. They covered a lot of bases tonight. The fugitive life has its ups and downs. So does the life of an aspiring crime lord. Deals with crooks never go easily. Johnny has an angle, so does Boyd, then Limehouse (best kept secret) comes back and throws everything out of whack. Poor Ellen May. I'm not going to be able to live down how wrong I was about her intentions early this season.

We're going to be in for a crazy final 3. Wow. :)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I could easily see Johnny, Colt, Wynn, Ellen May, Shelby, and Ava all dead by the end of the season, but I don't think the writers would be dumb enough to kill so many great characters all at once. Plus they've already killed Arlo. Gotta save some characters for season 5.

I loved Raylan's "We just have to figure out how to get out of Harlan alive". Silly Raylan. You'll never leave Harlan alive. ;)

rachel is secretly the sexiest woman on this show

No, but I don't have any problem with giving her the #2 spot. :)

What?!

It's pretty badass...

That entire exchange was fantastic. I couldn't believe my ears.

A) Art commented on something that's has been bugging me for years: How the hell does Rayla make a 2.5 hr drive seemingly every other day?

B) I agree, Rachel is now the hottest woman on the show. She makes threats with show tunes, doesn't take shit, good with a gun, and has whore panties? Her character better have more development next season

C) That is some badass shit.

Vert boil

spit1kusp.gif

raylan2geuqq.gif

raylan1icuol.gif

leavep8u2d.gif

Raylan turn

laugh5iu8e.gif

drill1krjhn.gif

Drill

- Slate.com on last night's episode

A few highlights from the EW conversation w/ Yost:
Q: After the plan to catch Drew at the airport is aborted, there’s the roadblock where we got the “whore’s underwear” conversation in which Raylan realizes Drew has Ellen May, and Art’s speech taking a moment to acknowledge how badass Drew is. What was the inspiration for the latter?

A: That is a great speech and Nick [Searcy] just nailed it. Originally, Raylan gave that speech, and then Tim being Tim said, “You know, let’s give it to Art.” It was suggested by a story that we heard from Charlie and another Marshal who came to visit the set. I can’t tell you exactly what happened because we may steal the actual story someday, but it was, at some point, one Marshal saying, “Well, I’ll call LAPD, and they’ll get their helicopter,” and the other guy said, “Whoa, wait a second. Let’s just acknowledge that this guy is awesome, okay? And you want someone else to catch him? No, we’re gonna catch him.”

Q: The scene between Teri (Cathy Baron) and Johnny was great, when she’s just tired of everyone talking about Ellen May.

A: That’s what we call our “Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!” scene.

Q: Ellen May was so upset about them taking Drew, she spit in Ava’s face — wow.

A: I have to tell you this: Dave Andron bought Joelle an afternoon at a spa to thank her for that scene. It only happens once in the show when you see it, but there were many different takes of that. It was pretty disgusting. It turns out Abby is quite a remarkable spitter. It was not stunt spit or anything.

Q: It was clear long before Colt commented on it that Drew was trying to get Colt to shoot him as they waited for Nicky to fly in on his helicopter.

A: You’ll see we’re going to be on a little bit of a Tarantino homage kick with this episode and the next. There’s a great scene in True Romance, which Tarantino wrote, where Dennis Hopper gets Christopher Walken to basically kill him because he’s afraid if he gets tortured he’ll give up information. So he goads him into killing him. That was a little bit of a tribute to that.

Q: It’s so funny: I still see the occasional comment from people upset that the season 3 finale didn’t end with the song “You’ll Never Leave Harlan Alive” (Ed note: Yost explained why in that episode’s postmortem interview).

A: It’s a little bit of self-referential humor on our part, I suppose, and we hope it’s not too cute.

Q: That sounds like it’s gonna be fun.

A: The next episode follows almost directly on from this one and is about getting Shelby out of Harlan. It is a fun one. As [FX President] John Landgraf said after watching it, “That’s a good Western.”

Linius

Loved the last two episodes, muchos great stuff. With Art's speech as being one of the best things in this show so far. Pretty badass.

RaidenZR

Man, I love Limehouse. I cannot wait until that stuff with Ellen May, the holler, and his people all comes to a head. He needs his own season as the main big-bad. The actor is great, as well and it completely blew my mind when I figured out that he was Bubba from Forrest Gump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom