• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Loci

^ good post.
We need more like these again.
____

I'll be yours is the worst track on the GsD EP. Amazing shit-management by Dream Tea again. They released some really solid tracks.

Pendulum

3. [+240, -10] Can she not pose normally for pictures? She always acts like she's messed up in the head...

...blah blah does it look like Sulli and Hara give a shit about you people?
AV1ou8t.jpg

Lucky. Hope you're enjoying it.

Speaking of good stage presence, we need impressions of fu3lfr3nzy's SHINee concert.

Lets see if I can type this without sounding like an incoherent mess :p

Like I said previously, first time I saw them was SMTown 2012 and I missed seeing them twice last year (KTMS and KCON) but in a way, I'm glad I waited until they had their own concert because solo concerts are always x10000000000 better than those festivals where groups only get a chance to sing 3-4 songs and leave you wanting more.

Also I'm glad all 5 are present this time because Minho missed quite a few shows last year due to filming iirc.

The venue, Shrine Auditorium was quite small (6300 seating), but I actually prefer smaller venues because for one, you get to sit closer to the stage for a lot less money, and two, the soundstage is better because I can actually hear the songs rather than listen to peoples screams for 3 hours. I sat in the first row of the upper balcony, but from my POV, the stage looked and felt like it was only 10 feet away which was great.

Show was supposed to start 7:30, I got to the venue around 6pm, got inside around 7pm but the concert didnt start until around 7:50 (these things always have delays and rarely start on time)

The staff was terrible in the venue. There was just a massive mob waiting in front of the entrance doors, no security or staff instructing people to form a line so when the doors opened, it took an eternity to get in because people are cutting between lines and everybody was squeezing to get through the metal detectors.

Inside was no different either. The staff constantly shuffled people around as they asked for their seats and no one seemed to know exactly where people needed to go. I was getting in a scuffle with another person because we were fighting over the same seat (she got there first, got moved, I took the seat, a few mins later, she comes back with a staff personnel, took her seat back and I got moved, all thanks to the confused workers)

As for the concert, what can I say? SHINee's stage presence is unbelievable. Usually on most KPOP concerts I attend, the crowd is always louder and more hype than the artists themselves, but this was an exception. No matter how loud and crazy the crowd got, SHINee was always a step ahead.

Taemin is a goddamn machine live. Hands down my favorite of the 5. Key was not too far behind, as was Jonghyun. Minho and Onew felt more like they were just going through the paces at times, didnt exert as much effort as the others and relied on their charisma to give their biases a false illusion (omfg oppa was so good live!) but on some songs, I'd say they were just as good as the rest.

The visuals were top notch. Really added so much to their overall presentation. Comparing it to EXO's last year which I also attended, that one felt more bland and an afterthought whereas SHINee's concert really emphasized their "colors" theme throughout the night. Whereas they lacked the pyro and stage effects like BIGBANG's concerts, it felt just as lively and masked the deficiencies of being in a smaller venue (or smaller budget for that matter :p )

Set list was pretty good. A good mix of old and new songs. My only disappointment was they didn't play Married to the Music or a couple of my other favorites. I would've preferred those over the ballads but oh well.

01. hitchhking
02. why so serious
03. juliette
04. prism
05. replay (remix ver.)
06. hello
07. odd eye
08. feel good
09. sherlock (clue + note)
10. goodbye (taemin solo)
11. ring ding dong
12. lucifer (remix ver.)
13. selene 6.23
14. aside
15. 투명 우산 (don’t let me go)
16. 잠꼬대 (please don’t go) (jonghyun / onew)
17. view
18. ready or not
19. savior
20. everybody
21. 1of1
22. dream girl
23. 재연 (an encore)

The crowd was supposed to sing Happy Birthday to Jonghyun after the encore but what none of us expected was the curtain going down as the final song came to a close and they didnt even bother to say goodbye one last time. Fans should've sang it on their final mic interaction before the encore song. Oops.

Having attended a dozen KPOP concerts in LA, BIGBANG's 2012 Alive Tour will always be my #1 KPOP concert experience, but SHINee's World Tour V is a close second after seeing them again 5 years later.

I'm going with my friend again to EXO's concert at the end of April so we'll see how that pans out.
We also wanted to attend BTS next month but the tickets sold out right away so FML

llehuty

Lets see if I can type this without sounding like an incoherent mess :p

*coherent mess*
Sounds good! I actually wouldn't mind going to a full SHINee concert, they really have the talent for delivering in long sessions. The setlist is solid but with some weird omissions, like their last single (Tell Me What To Do) or in the case of Taemin's solo, any of his other singles.

I hope we get a decent kpop concert in Europe this year, at least KCON or something.

llehuty

GFriend's FINGERTIP: The game
Because this guy didn't have enough with making killer 8bit versions of kpop songs. And BTW, Fingertip just works SO WELL in 8bit.

[Special Clip] Girl's Day(걸스데이)_ I’ll be yours
We will always have the visuals during this promo cycle, I guess. And yes, some of the side Bs, but is so disappointing having Girl's Day not doing some electro-pop fun track on music shows.

Girl's Day - I'll be yours | Areia Kpop Remix
Undercooked, but still a decent effort.

Shinee - 1 of 1 | Areia Kpop Remix
I really like this one.

--R

Banned
Joy is killing my bias chart. The Liar and His Lover is becoming one of the best drama I've watched and her acting is way better that I expected.

I can't wait until next week for the next episodes. I also hope they keep releasing songs from the OST, Crude Play seems like a band I would stan if they were real.

llehuty

old_friend_022.gif

I hope they're really talented.
lmao, you are so mean. Haelim and Hyojung look cute. I still remember everyone calling Gfriend members ugly and look where we are now.

I do think that both Doyeon and Yoojug can fit mature or cute concepts, so I'm not mad if this is the direction they are taking the group.

--R

Banned
News time!

DreamCatcher’s Title Song ‘Goodnight’ Is Heavier Metal Rock

Girl group Dream Catcher is returning with a heavier metal rock.
On the 30th, Happy Face Entertainment posted a track list image of Dream Catcher’s new single ‘Nightmare - Fall Asleep In the Mirror’ through their official SNS channel.
The new single ‘Nightmare - Fall Asleep in the Mirror’ will be like the previous single with 4 tracks. The intro ‘My Toys’ and title song ‘Good Night’ will be followed by ‘Lullaby’, and the instrumental version of ‘Good Night’.
The track named first ‘My Toys’
The track opens up with ‘My Toys’ with a brilliant solo guitar, and the Nightmare story is expected to dissolve in the heavier metal rock sound of the title song ‘Good Night’.
The single completes here with ‘Lullaby’, a ballad about a heart that doesn’t want to wake up from a dream. Happy Face Entertainment said, “While showing Dream Catcher’s character through the debut single “Nightmare”, this single ‘Nightmare – Fall Asleep in the Mirror’ is filled with authentic storytelling,” and “Expect to see the appearance of the seven nightmares who are growing up.”
Meanwhile, Dream Catcher will show off their new single ‘Nightmare – Fall Asleep in the Mirror’ on April 5th at 6PM. They will hold a showcase to celebrate it on that day. They are expected to embark on full-fledged comeback activities.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Taeyeon's new songs and descriptions

Make Me Love You:
  • Title song ‘Make Me Love You’ is a pop R&B song that combines a light and calm sound with Taeyeon's soulful vocals.
  • Similar to how a magical and mystic mood suits spring, 'Make Me Love You' is anticipated to receive a warm reception from global music fans.

I Blame On You:
  • ‘I Blame On You’ is a memorable pop ballad song that has a beautiful piano melody combined with grand string instrument.
  • 'I Blame On You' contain confessional lyrics toward an ex-lover of missing them and waiting for them.

Curtain Call:
  • Last bar of 'Curtain Call’ is sang by Taeyeon as if she's reciting a poem; along with the following melody, song will linger in your mind.

YG reveals SECHSKIES currently filming MV today ahead of anniversary comeback

SM Announces Plans To Release Compilation Album For STATION Season 1

Just heard Yoon Jong-shin's company, Mystic Ent is now part of SM and that reminded me...

What the hell happened to Lim Kim?

The r/Kpop thread said she left Mystic last year and went on radio silence, but according to their website Togeworl is still part of Mystic.

On a similar note, is Jane Jang also alive?

Pendulum

Just heard Yoon Jong-shin's company, Mystic Ent is now part of SM and that reminded me...

Not entirely true. SM purchased a 28% stake in Mystic, becoming the largest shareholder.

What the hell happened to Lim Kim?

The r/Kpop thread said she left Mystic last year and went on radio silence, but according to their website Togeworl is still part of Mystic.
It's certainly been quiet regarding her. No news of even what agency (if any) she ended up at after Mystic.

---

gugudan(구구단) - '나 같은 애' (A Girl Like Me) Dance practice video

Ryan_MSF

Only just getting round to really listening to the new Girls Day EP, and i'm really digging it. Some great, great songs on this.

Not entirely true. SM purchased a 28% stake in Mystic, becoming the largest shareholder.

It's certainly been quiet regarding her. No news of even what agency (if any) she ended up at after Mystic.

---

gugudan(구구단) - '나 같은 애' (A Girl Like Me) Dance practice video

Ah, I see. Though tbf, being the largest shareholder, you technically own the company as your opinions hold more weight.

Anyway, it's super interesting that she just disappeared off the map. I don't think she had any scandals nor did she mention anything bad about what she was doing so it's really weird and interesting.

Also speaking of Gugudan... was this release a flop or not?

I actually didn't like the song at first but I've gotten fond of it and it's one of my fave releases this year. I really love that driving bass drum as well as the earwormyness of the song.

Top Bottom