• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Peru

CL may not have released anything great recently but she was the definition of natural stage charisma for many years.

Make no mistake - 2NE1's debut was way above this and perhaps the single greatest in k-pop history - that thing hit like a giant bomb. We hadn't seen anything like it, we headn't heard anything like it - and yet it was massively catchy.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
CL may not have released anything great recently but she was the definition of natural stage charisma for many years.

Make no mistake - 2NE1's debut was way above this and perhaps the single greatest in k-pop history - that thing hit like a giant bomb. We hadn't seen anything like it, we headn't heard anything like it - and yet it was massively catchy.
AHGOBAH DA NAME OF SEE EL OF TWENNY ONE
iconic

Edit: Seungah comparing bikinis omfg ( ;O____O)

Broank

I never got the hype for 2NE1s early stuff. Yea it was a massive debut but the other stuff around that time like Abracadabra and 4minutes early stuff were way better as far as late 2000s overly autotuned electo dance music goes imo. Then T-ara took it to it's pinnacle with Absolute First.

Today's "Hit The Stage" performances
Chungha
U-Kwon (with YooA) YooA tho
Hyunseung (with Stephanie) the reaction shots tho
Ten

Kitten Shiaaah! Yooa definitely killed it as always. Did they make her cover her outfit after the rehearsal part though?
ezgif-1073033228zqsmx.gif

Wonder what that was Zico said when she put on the shirt on.

That Ten guy is really good too, those expressions during the Hyunseung Stephanie dance though. lol Chungha was pretty meh I thought, too much spastic arm waving not enough footwork.

Kazzy

I'm talking more about the presentation, but yeah I get your point. And it's probably not fair to separate them entirely anyway, they often do go hand-in-hand. I've Never been a fan of CL, so it's probably personal preference creeping through!

Maybe it speaks to when I got 'into' K-pop proper, but it's one of these instances when you just feel something is popular and pre-established, and I should like it "just because", and it's all self-perpetuating. I always got the Rita Ora vibe in this case, in that she's simply ubiquitous in a certain sphere because someone higher up decided they like her, and they will be pushed until everyone else does too.

That said, it's probably worth another go-around, just to see if my opinion has changed.

broz0rs

yup, their debut was the most dramatic entrance ever seen in K-pop.

it did have some hiccups leading up to it though. there was a moment where for some reason YG was denying that Dara was going to be a member. she was a minor celeb in the Philippines and some people in Korea didn't like that YG wasn't getting a homegrown talent. when they did debut, all that fuss was easily forgotten.

Peru

Funny that they would fuss about homegrown talent back then... only one Korean-born in Blackpink.

I never got the hype for 2NE1s early stuff. Yea it was a massive debut but the other stuff around that time like Abracadabra and 4minutes early stuff were way better as far as late 2000s overly autotuned electo dance music goes imo. Then T-ara took it to it's pinnacle with Absolute First.

T-ara sounded nothing like that though.

Doul

Neo Member
Hi! I've been a lurker on this thread for a while now, you guys are awesome posters! I felt like I would maybe participate in the discussion once in a while.

Allow me to start by introducing hopefully some of you to CocoSori. They are my favorite nugus at the moment. You see, one girl's name is Coco, the other one is Sori, brilliant if you ask me. Don't bother with their video with the latex suits and the brocolis though, that one is gross. I don't think I saw them before in here so there you go.

It's a skill/talent/ability that they all can do really really well.
deep voice?

Dice

CocoSori has two youtube channels. One is for official stuff like MVs/behind the scenes/diary shows and the other is more like a typical youtuber thing. They're pretty great. Hardworking nugus.

deep voice?

Really close actually... the answer is that they've all got a unique sounding voice.

Yeah everybody has a different voice, but what separates them from the others is the tone of their voice. Take Suran for example, the tone of her voice is out of this world and I don't think anybody else in K-Pop or maybe even all over the world has that tone. On the other hand, Taeyeon is a fantastic singer but her voice ain't unique so I'm not really a fan of her.

Like I said, it's kind pf a shallow reason especially if you don't understand it.

Before y'all think it's a little weird... I like to think that it's similar to my love for all things automotive, especially engine/exhaust noise. Plus, I've been a musician for all my life so this whole tone/music thing is just natural for me lol.

Best Solar is best.

Oh my fnck.

Korean + Australian accent?

giphy.gif

Fnck man.

The first girl I completely fell for in one fell swoop was when I was taking a tour for a university and my tour guide was an Australian girl.

She literally had me at "Hi! My name is..."

Broank

WJSN looks interesting. Looks like it could be cheesy or epic
or both.

My reading/writing is better than my listening (so someone can correct me on this), but it's along the lines of Zico asking YooA why doesn't she do it without the shirt (the other members act shy/coy behind him).
Back off, you've already got Seolhyun.

Speaking of YooA, Oh My Girl @ Weekly Idol (press CC for subs)

Ah thanks figured it must be something along those lines.

SNSD visual and Chinese ballad singer Yoona for China VOGUE.

yoonvogue9oua6.gif

Legendary leader of all Sly Foxes and SNSD alike Taeyeon preview for CeCi Korea.

luso

Hi! I've been a lurker on this thread for a while now, you guys are awesome posters! I felt like I would maybe participate in the discussion once in a while.

Allow me to start by introducing hopefully some of you to CocoSori. They are my favorite nugus at the moment. You see, one girl's name is Coco, the other one is Sori, brilliant if you ask me. Don't bother with their video with the latex suits and the brocolis though, that one is gross. I don't think I saw them before in here so there you go.

deep voice?

Welcome! Give us your top anything.

CocoSori is indeed the new Orange Caramel (RIP). There were some posts in here when they appeared.

Dice

Yeah never did appreciate how men are basically forceful psychos in kdramas.

Peru

Happy Together went to shit after they fired their two funny female legend MCs and got this weird bench of dumb shitty dudes instead. So now they've fired most of those again after the failure and have had a constant rush of female guests... and this summer they've hired another female host but it's this actress whose thing is sort of.. being dead and lifeless. She was funny as a guest but not host material. Weird. But at least they have a lot of funny guests.

Yeah never did appreciate how men are basically forceful psychos in kdramas.

Yeah, the only one where it didn't come off as a total WTF for me was Healer, because
Junghoo had a fucked up life where he got abandoned, fought for most of his adolescent years and wasn't used to socializing at all like a normal person. As a result he just kinda went HAM on anyone, male or female, and had to learn restraint (and once he did, he chilled out).

Doul

Neo Member
The CocoSori MV with the broccoli man is amazing though
Yes. I lied, it's the greatest thing ever made.

Really close actually... the answer is that they've all got a unique sounding voice.
I knew it was something like that! Na of course it's not weird, the voice is one of the things that make a girl attractive for sure.

Welcome! Give us your top anything.
Thanks! Sure thing. Let's see... I'm only familiar with Oh My Girl and Twice these days. Hopefully top OMG will do.

1. Arin
2. JinE
3. YooA
4. Jiho
5. Binnie
6. Seunghee
7. Mimi
8. Hyojung

Well that was harder than expected, they're all so adorable. Otherwise, my top1 Twice is Mina, favorite SNSD is Taeyeon and, because apparently I'm getting into them, fav Blackpink is Rosé. Terrible name by the way, what's wrong with Rose?

Selane

YG has a thing for strange names

Let's not get carried away; a lot of companies do this. For example Sonamoo has several members with terrible names, such as D.ana, High.D, and New Sun. And I can't remember who it is but I know there's a group somewhere with a fucking member named "Young Cream".

Top Bottom