• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Pendulum

Anyway here's a CLC teaser:

On January 10th, CLC revealed their first teaser image for their fith mini album CRYSTYLE.
The image shows members infront of a black silhouette with hoods over their head, with the title GOBLIN written in a strong red font.
GOBLIN which is the title track for CRYSTYLE will be of EDM genre, specifically Trap EDM. The song will showcase new characters of CLC that have never been shown before.
In addition, HyunA who is also from CUBE wrote the lyrics for the new title track.
CLC will be working hard towards their preparations for their comeback slated for the 17th. In the meantime, on January 8th, CLC just had their first solo fan meeting in Tokyo which was a success.

i haven't brought an actual physical CD in a long time but thanks to this thread, i just got this today:
48IeFN9l.jpg

fN27Cdfl.jpg

QyU7XyLl.jpg

thanks Kpop GAF!

Dang even with the 10 new Brave Bros songs listed, none of those titles are familiar at all.

Kidding aside, I get y'all's points, he can produce good music but it doesn't matter if he keeps giving AOA shit music. As long as that happens, I don't think I'll be ever be a fan of AOA.

i haven't brought an actual physical CD in a long time but thanks to this thread, i just got this today:
48IeFN9l.jpg

fN27Cdfl.jpg

QyU7XyLl.jpg

thanks Kpop GAF!

Aw man consider me jelly.

I actually really want to buy their album but I'm super weary of eBay sellers.

I also really want the SES album, especially the one with the book like case and poster but it's like $35 bucks on YesAsia... idk if I want to spend that much lol.

vanty

Deepened and Someone Like U were probably the two best pop songs of 2015. And I don't mean in Korea, I mean on this whole cotdam planet.

That's the closest you'll get to any list from me.

Kazzy

This AOA discussion is cathartic for me, as it pretty much mirrors the exact trajectory I've had with them! They are pretty much feel big in name only (and the fact I'm told they are).

Like, I thought I would actually get some sort of inside scoop living here. I assumed someone would sit me down and sort of let me know how I'm doing it 'wrong'. NOPE! Of my entire social circle, the ones that actually like K-pop, none of them actuallt like AOA in the slightest.

And with that said, after ragging on them yet again the other day, I really like 'Excuse Me' and 'Bing Bing' has become something of an ear-worm.

I'll be off sitting in hypocrite corner...

Sulli is indeed killing it.

I actually wish she ends up hitching with Choiza as an ultimate fuck you to her haters.

They're all acting to be concerned about her mental health... lmfao. Them hating bitches are just hating coz she's living the life instead of submitting to some idol bullshittery.

This AOA discussion is cathartic for me, as it pretty much mirrors the exact trajectory I've had with them! They are pretty much feel big in name only (and the fact I'm told they are).

Like, I thought I would actually get some sort of inside scoop living here. I assumed someone would sit me down and sort of let me know how I'm doing it 'wrong'. NOPE! Of my entire social circle, the ones that actually like K-pop, none of them actuallt like AOA in the slightest.

It's actually a really interesting phenomenon. AOA is probably the only real group in recent history that is super popular coz of one member. Like I get that Jimin and Choa are good at what they do, but like the entire group, there's other people out there that can rap and sing better than them.

Does that mean they don't deserve the current success? Nah, they deserve it.

But this trajectory is gonna lead them nowhere and imo it's all up to Seolhyun as to whether AOA lives or dies once their contract is up in 2 years.

And my personal opinion on that... it'll be Miss A all over again. I read somewhere that 2016 was the first time AOA actually got paid and it's mostly due to the fact that Seolhyun divided up her income from commercials and whatever solo activities she has with the group. Then pair that up with the unpopular members continually blasting Seolhyun on air, saying they want to be more than popular than her or whatever...

I mean look at this shit:

chan.jpg

That smile is a smile that says "Just you wait bitch, you'll be back to working McDonalds in 2019 while I continue to do commercials and shit."

RIP AOA.

Tbh, I really feel bad for Seolhyun though. She's getting hated on constantly from netizens and her members for stupid shit... she's one of the idols that I wish would join up with Sulli and fly middle fingers to everyone else.

Bowlie

Banned
I'm surprised with how I liked Hello Venus' song.

The change of concept made me appreciate the group so much more than before.

Mysterious is a great song, now to check the rest of the album!

llehuty

'Resurrection X SOOBIN X TK PAL' Collaboration "LOVESTORY"
No idea wht this is, but HYPE. I hope is music related.
_____

LOONA will release 3 songs this month. I don't care how much money they have, they are actually insane (and I love it).
_____

Gain will release a sequel to her last album called Begin Again on the first half of this year. HYPE
_____

Woollim Entertainment has big plans for this year; they are gearing up to launch a new boy group and girl group in 2017.
RIP Lovelyz, can't really blame Woollim for this one.
_____

Fan account said:
While the rest of BP Rania was on stage and Alex was standing on the side, Alex was constantly dancing as well to the whole routine. Meaning, she knows the whole dance of the title song and is able to dance but the company isn't letting her perform for some reason.
Ooops
_____

Source of everything: Reddit (I can't be bothered to link all the stuff).

[...]
It's actually a really interesting phenomenon. AOA is probably the only real group in recent history that is super popular coz of one member. Like I get that Jimin and Choa are good at what they do, but like the entire group, there's other people out there that can rap and sing better than them.
[...]
Actual wuuuuut?
Although this maybe goes in line with you enjoying Like a Cat...

Also, Writing Choa and Jimin in a sentence that isn't "are part of the same group" should be a crime.

Pendulum

It's actually a really interesting phenomenon. AOA is probably the only real group in recent history that is super popular coz of one member.

?
Are you talking about their rise to popularity is because of 1 member, or that they are currently popular because of 1 member? Either way, you are incorrect. "Miniskirt" and the follow-up "Short Hair" garnered their popularity, with Seolhyun's CFs and appearances rolling in afterwards. Currently, Jimin and Choa have plenty of fans and are even known by people that aren't fans of the group.

Like I get that Jimin and Choa are good at what they do, but like the entire group, there's other people out there that can rap and sing better than them.

I don't get this. The same can be said for many K-Pop group members, popular or not.

Eldren

EXID are huge now but they only got this popular because of that Hani fancam. It happens. Miss A and Suzy is another.

Anyway super hyped for Seolo. She looks great and although the styling might not be completely indicative of the music itself, it doesn't look too ballad-y so I'm excited.

I'm mainly talking about now tbf.

Seolhyun's everywhere these days and without her, I'm not so sure where AOA would be. Like I can't imagine AOA being as successful as they are right now without her. Who knows, maybe they'd actually be more successful without her in an alternate world.

But for somebody who's not really following the group, I get the impression that AOA is Seolhyun and the rest of the group is riding her coattails.

I don't get this. The same can be said for many K-Pop group members, popular or not.

That's exactly my point though. They're good, maybe even great, but they're getting overshadowed by others which shouldn't be the case. Maybe FNC is at fault for not capitalizing on their successes as a whole? Idk tbh.

EXID are huge now but they only got this popular because of that Hani fancam. It happens. Miss A and Suzy is another.

EXID is different imo. They capitalized on their surge of popularity to the point that even potatoes like Hyerin is super popular. She's a goddamned
lovable
basket-case and she's as popular as Hani. How the hell does that happen??

Miss A on the other hand... *sigh*

Fnck you JYP and another fnck you for what's going to happen to the Wonder Girls.

As if it ain't clear enough, I love Hyerin lol.

Pendulum

That's exactly my point though. They're good, maybe even great, but they're getting overshadowed by others which shouldn't be the case. Maybe FNC is at fault for not capitalizing on their successes as a whole? Idk tbh.
Who are they unfairly getting overshadowed by? Taking Jimin, she got great exposure through Unpretty Rapstar, and if it wasn't for the history incident last year, I am sure she'd still be riding high (her single with Xiumin, earlier in the year, did well).

EXID is different imo. They capitalized on their surge of popularity to the point that even potatoes like Hyerin is super popular. She's a goddamned
lovable
basket-case and she's as popular as Hani. How the hell does that happen??
Are you basing your opinion on Asian Junkie or something? Because there is no way Hyerin is as popular as Hani. She's also not as popular as LE or Solji.

edit: ^ and ^^ my bros

JustinBB7

Newest Running Man was great, just the core members on a trip together, love those kinda episodes. And the preview for next week looks pretty serious. Was actually hoping it would be a Kookie training the other members ep but this looks even more interesting. Depending on how real it is.

No No Eul

llehuty

I'm glad Hello Venus are back to having a budget and a concept with some taste, but ugh at the cheap sax sample of the chorus. A real shame... *waits fro nugu who? remix*

And Dreamcatcher is so damn hype, I'm curious about the choreo; this high energy song could have a really cool choreo attached to it.

Aw man consider me jelly.

I actually really want to buy their album but I'm super weary of eBay sellers.

I also really want the SES album, especially the one with the book like case and poster but it's like $35 bucks on YesAsia... idk if I want to spend that much lol.
if you're in the US and have prime, i got it off amazon =)

Its funny how Jisoo went all they way from the quiet, 'regular', member of BlackPink to the best thing in k-pop.

I dunno about being the best...

If Jennie didn't exist, I'd definitely agree with you.

if you're in the US and have prime, i got it off amazon =)

Oh snap!

Now I'm severely tempted. You don't get anything like a photocard, poster, or whatever right?

That's not a deal breaker but I'll be holding off on it for a few weeks if that's the case lol.

Oh snap!

Now I'm severely tempted. You don't get anything like a photocard, poster, or whatever right?

That's not a deal breaker but I'll be holding off on it for a few weeks if that's the case lol.
if you're looking for red planet
here's the link to it.
just came with CD (CD jacket looks like a DVD case with post card sized lyric photo book glued to the CDjacket:

SES Remember. i only saw 3rd party on amazon market place so far for 27.50 plus $4 shipping with the poster/photo album. link
i'm guessing amazon prime may offer it after a while. (as with gundams kits i buy, the new ones i import but if it's been out for a while, i'll get it through amazon prime)

I wish SES would do this again =) maybe bc i like the harmonies.
S.E.S - Uhn Happy Day [Live]

llehuty

^^ You are missing Krystal in that picture

Also, BoA comeback in FEBRUARY

Also, this megacollab is releasing today. Completely out of nowhere:
On January 11th, Luna, Hani, and Solar will be releasing a collaboration song this month. The song will be of dance genre and they have finished recording the song and MV.

______

고나영 Koh Nayoung - 차가운 밤, 따뜻했던 너. Cold night, You were warm. M/V
I really like the sound this girl is going for. Very Hoody-esque.

스페이스카우보이 SPACECOWBOY - 헤어져야 하는 이유 Reason (feat. 리차드파커스) [SPACECOWBOY deep future remix] M/V
Banger, but needs an extended remix.

llehuty

One of those girls is the least idol-looking idol I've ever seen. Not like anyone would notice her anyway when there's basically one top member and a dozen backups.
I think is the eyebrows (if we are talking about the same one). And there are plenty of top members, tho?

llehuty

아이(I)_간절히 바라면 이뤄질 거야(Feat. 타이거JK)_(MV)(Full ver.)
This is a really cool solo debut. Also, #belly.
Full mini is quite chill, but not very memorable, except for the last track, My melody

The one that is like 120cm

Ah, RIP Sungyeon. She was the one in Girl Spirit, so I would assume she is the main vocalist. The girl that is injured is also quite short IIRC, so she is probably not that out of place with the other girl there.
Edit: lmao, I took my time to post the reply, lol.

Top Bottom