• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Durock

Its not a technical thing, they purposely delay it 30 seconds for chat or something like that.

So does this mean when, say, they're airing the KI streams every Thursday, we're seeing a 30 second delay? It sure doesn't seem that way. Perhaps they're doing something techy to reduce the delay or get rid of it altogether?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So does this mean when, say, they're airing the KI streams every Thursday, we're seeing a 30 second delay? It sure doesn't seem that way. Perhaps they're doing something techy to reduce the delay or get rid of it altogether?

Yeah, we have a delay there. It's just the way the site works, and it's across the board for everyone, which shows a lot when you watch a streamer that is trying to interact with chat a lot.

.la1n

Yeah it's probably the worst thing Twitch has implemented, makes interactions with the chat a pain in the ass.

LiveWire

Goddamn, just beat Shadow Jago with Jago after 35 damn tries lol. Finally figured out the secret but still what insanely cheap AI.

Mike just tweeted this so I'm guessing classic spinal should be available (without the glitch) soon

Ej3Rf3F.jpg

edit: it's available now.

~~Hasan~~

I have a question about about this game as i want to buy it. Are the xbox one games region locked ?

I have a UK xbox one and a US account. Which is my main gamer tag.

If i buy a US 20$ card. Can i buy the game and unlock it ?

.la1n

I thought we might see classic Sadira before Spinal but maybe they figured since she was the only one that hasn't leaked yet they'd save it for last.

~~Hasan~~

i have to ask, is the arcade mode available for you people ?

i just bought the 20$ pack and i can't get the arcade mode. says its not been installed yet. where do i install it from ?

sorry if its a stupid question that was asked before.

i have to ask, is the arcade mode available for you people ?

i just bought the 20$ pack and i can't get the arcade mode. says its not been installed yet. where do i install it from ?

sorry if its a stupid question that was asked before.

Game isn't finished downloading yet. Check the progress under games and apps

Durock

Highlights from today's stream http://www.killerinstinctcentral.com/highlights-from-the-killer-instinct-stream-041714/

Showed Classic Spinal’s colors and accessories (released today).

Selecting Ultras will likely be in Season Two.

It’s a lot more difficult creating a completely new character as opposed to revamping an existing character.

Confirms that ARIA is a she.

Would like to show in the KI meld some of the original ideas they had for the game.

Shadow Jago will not be receiving his unique moveset until later this year.

ARIA name does mean something, wouldn’t say what.

Iron Galaxy has already started development on Season Two.

We can expect around another eight characters for Season Two.

Killer Instinct will be both E3 and EVO.

No Mercy’s and Ultimates will not be previewed before E3.

We’ll hear more about a female announcer during Season Two.

Stages are expensive to build.

More at the link!

Uraizen

Banned
http://www.thesangreal.net/gafpics/spinacc6.png[img]
[img]http://www.thesangreal.net/gafpics/spinacc5.png[img]

4th set is missing... again[/QUOTE]

All I'm seeing here is a Ryse outfit and a Dark Souls outfit.

[quote="Durock, post: 108566838"]Highlights from today's stream [url=]http://www.killerinstinctcentral.com/highlights-from-the-killer-instinct-stream-041714/[/url][/QUOTE]

No pricing details yet? Argh... I hope they do another bundle like they did for Season 1.

Timu

Full list from that link:

Showed Classic Spinal’s colors and accessories (released today).
Selecting Ultras will likely be in Season Two.
It’s a lot more difficult creating a completely new character as opposed to revamping an existing character.
Confirms that ARIA is a she.
Would like to show in the KI meld some of the original ideas they had for the game.
Shadow Jago will not be receiving his unique moveset until later this year.
ARIA name does mean something, wouldn’t say what.
Iron Galaxy has already started development on Season Two.
We can expect around another eight characters for Season Two.
Killer Instinct will be both E3 and EVO.
No Mercy’s and Ultimates will not be previewed before E3.
We’ll hear more about a female announcer during Season Two.
Stages are expensive to build.
Would be cool if characters received white colors.
Mike will still be the voice of various things in Season Two.
Are thinking of new ways to do the story in Season Two.
No plans to build your own characters in KI.
KI is one of the main reasons the d-pad was improved upon for the Xbox One.
Considering brand new fighting archetypes for Season Two.
The AI in Arcade Mode is more difficult because the AI “learns”.
They are considering redesigning the games UI (menus, character select screen, etc.).
Would love to have KI gamerpics, but no guarantee it will happen.

Papercuts

Good to know they've already underway with development, it would be important to ideally get it out for fall to keep momentum building for the game.

.la1n

I feel like they may try to meet a fall release but I do not think we will see 6 characters at launch like last time. It doesn't seem like they will have the development time for that, maybe 4 characters and 4 released periodically throughout the rest of the season.

DrDogg

KI is one of the main reasons the d-pad was improved upon for the Xbox One.

Uh... the d-pad is still pretty bad. I certainly can't play this game on an X1 pad. DS4 d-pad is far superior.

I feel like they may try to meet a fall release but I do not think we will see 6 characters at launch like last time. It doesn't seem like they will have the development time for that, maybe 4 characters and 4 released periodically throughout the rest of the season.

I would be fine with 3 characters at launch if it means we get it early.

Silky

Banned
So 8 characters for Season 2?

...uhh

Cinder
Combo
Riptor
Tusk
Kim Wu
Maya
New Character #1
New Character #2

They could do reveals like, the first reveal being the KI1 cast and the newbie, and then the KI2 cast and the newbie.

hwalker84

...uhh

Cinder
Combo
Riptor
Tusk
Kim Wu
Maya
New Character #1
New Character #2

They could do reveals like, the first reveal being the KI1 cast and the newbie, and then the KI2 cast and the newbie.

Cinder
Combo
Riptor
Tusk
Kim Wu
Maya
New Character Aria
New Character #2

Papercuts

Yeah, hard call on that. I would imagine working with an already made engine would be easier, but with the team switchup it may not work out like that.

I'm alright if they stagger it again, though.

El Sabroso

...uhh

Cinder
Combo
Riptor
Tusk
Kim Wu
Maya
New Character #1
New Character #2

Cinder
Combo
Riptor
Tusk
Kim Wu
Maya
Aria
Pimple, Rash or Zitz

- Riptor
- TJ Combo
- Kim Wu
- Cinder
- Vampire
- Tusk
- Maya
- ARIA

That's how I see it, in that order specifically. Also, I added 'Vampire' based on that one thing found in Killer Instinct 2/Gold.

Durock

- Riptor
- TJ Combo
- Kim Wu
- Cinder
- Vampire
- Tusk
- Maya
- ARIA

That's how I see it, in that order specifically. Also, I added 'Vampire' based on that one thing found in Killer Instinct 2/Gold.

ARIA I don't see launching last. She would be among the first characters if they have the new story mode prepared for launch, which I think they should. Personally, I'd like to see the season be evened out between new old--four returning characters, four new. Then for Season three do the same.

Just to say, Cinder, Combo and Riptor are the most in-demand characters right now. Our current poll on KIC (started at the beginning of April):

Cinder (35%, 748 Votes)
T.J. Combo (26%, 547 Votes)
Riptor (18%, 385 Votes)
A Brand New Character (6%, 123 Votes)
Tusk (5%, 107 Votes)
Kim Wu (3%, 74 Votes)
Maya (3%, 69 Votes)
Eyedol (3%, 65 Votes)
Gargos (1%, 26 Votes)

Total Voters: 2,144

ARIA I don't see launching last. She would be among the first characters if they have the new story mode prepared for launch, which I think they should. Personally, I'd like to see the season be evened out between new old--four returning characters, four new. Then for Season three do the same.

Which is why I expect her last. She's the final boss. If they completely re-do the story mode from what we have now, it would take a bit longer, especially with the current cast we have now plus new characters added in. They'd have to get stuff done for them.

Honestly I wouldn't mind that, but i'm sure that could possibly go bad by keeping Cinder/Riptor for Season 3 to help it out. New characters are always welcome and i'm curious on what other 'beast' character would join the cast.

Nemesis_

I wonder if they will put ARIA out at the beginning of Season 2. She'll have an intense boss-like move set that's not available to players.

And then a more balanced ARIA will be selectable by players towards the end?

Synth

Or the almost as important question, where is Killer Cuts 2? They were saying end of March and we're fast approaching the end of April now.

Are they actually going to call it Killer Cuts 2? That sounds like a Killer Instinct 2 soundtrack (which was titled Gold Cuts, thanks to the stupid N64 port). I guess it's probably better than any other alternative though.

DrDogg

Absolutely not. We don't even know if we're getting a season three, but even if that was confirmed, no way should we have to wait for season three to get the complete KI1/2 cast. That would upset A LOT of people, myself included.

I would take any of the old characters over Sadira any day of the week. I know I'm probably in the minority on that, but she doesn't even fit in KI given the lack of aerial options you can use against her.

LiveWire

I would take any of the old characters over Sadira any day of the week. I know I'm probably in the minority on that, but she doesn't even fit in KI given the lack of aerial options you can use against her.

Not in the slightest. terrible character. Greatly disappointed TJ Combo got booted for her.

ya'll need to leave sadira alone.

I want all the old characters to return by the end of season 2. I would be pretty disappointed if we didn't get the full roster.

.la1n

If you guys did not catch Max at The RunBack last night he had some fantastic Fulgore play, I can only imagine what he could do if he had more than a few hours a week to play the game.

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/520834150

Absolutely not. We don't even know if we're getting a season three, but even if that was confirmed, no way should we have to wait for season three to get the complete KI1/2 cast. That would upset A LOT of people, myself included.

There is absolutely no reason all of the cast from KI 1/2 would not return for Season 2. That should absolutely be the primary focus for the team. I don't think there would be a bigger slap in the face to fans of the originals than to put in more new characters and omit the remaining cast. I also agree on Sadira, her move set does not fit in with the rest of the cast and while I like her design I didn't think she should have been included in Season 1 when we weren't even going to get the entire KI 1 cast to begin with. While I am sure the team wanted to have an original character of their design, that's something you do with a new IP. If you were brought on to work on an existing IP then you are tied to that game's history, design, characters. If that wasn't something they were interested in remaining faithful to then perhaps it wasn't a game they needed to be involved with. I am going to beat a dead horse with the classic costumes argument but I think when you look at those you realize they never had a grasp of what made the originals iconic to people of my generation to begin with.

The Flash

Banned
In lieu of any official Killer Cuts release, has anyone found a good rip of the soundtrack? There's a guy on YouTube called Rkosmith or something who has some stuff but it's not edited very well.

As far as new and original characters go I just want to see Riptor, Cinder, and TJ. While I've never played KI2, what I've seen of Tusk, Maya, and Kim Wu make them look pretty generic in terms of character design. What I really like about the first and current lineup is the diversity and over-the-topness of the fighters. I'd like to see IG and MS continue that trend when they inevitably add new fighters like Sadira. Make them as 90's as possible and I'll be a happy camper.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I honestly think Maya and Tusk should take a backseat to new characters

They were a waste of a character slot in KI2

Original KI characters then new characters should be priority

I honestly think Maya and Tusk should take a backseat to new characters

They were a waste of a character slot in KI2

Original KI characters then new characters should be priority

Naa, they should definitely come back. Sure they'd need some new things, and a good redesign. But they should definitely stay, especially with Tusk. Him having a giant sword could play out in many ways.

I just hate that it'll be even longer before we see a new group of characters.

Top Bottom