• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

btags

How are you supposed to beat shadow jago? He always recovers quickly after his moves, breaks your combos instantaneously, and blocks 99% of your attacks. Not to mention the fact that he techs almost all of your grabs.

Timu

Maybe I need more time to practice with him, but Fulgore is pretty tough to learn and IMO is the hardest character to use, heck I do better with Thunder and Spinal. I'm probably the only one who has trouble with him though.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Maybe I need more time to practice with him, but Fulgore is pretty tough to learn and IMO is the hardest character to use, heck I do better with Thunder and Spinal. I'm probably the only one who has trouble with him though.
I felt that way at first, but when I found various meter building setups I really started having fun with him. Fulgore with consistent meter is REALLY strong, Id even argue he seems stronger than Spinal with skulls when he has 6+ stocks (or pips or whatever DH calls them). He has combo enders (especially level 4 launchers and push away) that give you time for a guaranteed 3 blocks of meter charge depending on screen position. Oh and Dat Shadow Teleport..

Nori Chan

12 losses and counting against shadow JAGO lol

After 25 losses I got a life lead and cheesed my way out of it lol god speed to max on Kyle difficulty

Uraizen

Banned
Finally, something that did work.

To get to shadow jago you just need to play on medium, not lose, and ultra your rival.

I beat shadow jago in only five tries. =|

Wtf. As Jago I got the third ending by doing an ultra on everyone since I don't know the rivals. Then I got what I thought was the second ending by doing an ultra on only Fulgore. Now I just beat it without doing an ultra at all and I got the same ending so I'm guessing I did something wrong.

Can someone please explain how to get all the endings clearly. I'm lost.

Which endings do you currently have? 1, 2, or 3?

hwalker84

Here's what I've noticed and works for me

Ultra Fulgore and the Person before him (Your rival)
Ultra just Fulgor
Ultra just the rival

These have consistently worked for all the endings for me.

dankir

Fulgore has to have one of the best instincts in the game.

He's got like a 42% punish off of a combo breaker with instinct and full meter.

Can fulgore do damage after a combo breaker? Like Spinal you can hit the opponent with his shadow sword move on their way down?

bumpkin

Finally, something that did work.

To get to shadow jago you just need to play on medium, not lose, and ultra your rival.

I beat shadow jago in only five tries. =|
Welp, I guess I'm never playing against him. If guys who are far better players than me couldn't get to him, I stand a snowball's chance in hell. May as well YouTube the fight.

.la1n

deviant1

So after getting all 3 endings with a character play again on Medium and you just have to Ultra the 6th fight and you'll fight Shadow Jago? No need to win every round as we previously thought?

dankir

Man the Fulgore section from the full eGuide is freaking fantastic. Clarified so much for me.

Uraizen

Banned
Welp, I guess I'm never playing against him. If guys who are far better players than me couldn't get to him, I stand a snowball's chance in hell. May as well YouTube the fight.

I have only been playing the game for two weeks. If I can do it, I'm sure you can do it.

hwalker84

Not a chance in hell I'm ever getting to Shadow Jago. Medium got way to hard. When Max struggles against Shadow Jago I have 0 chance. I can't get past fucking Sadira with Orchid.

Nori Chan

If you can't make it to pax east you have to buy the pin for April :(

Not a chance in hell I'm ever getting to Shadow Jago. Medium got way to hard. When Max struggles against Shadow Jago I have 0 chance. I can't get past fucking Sadira with Orchid.
Oh man sadira was a bitch. She would block everything I did. What I did was I ran away to the point where she walked all the way towards me and I would slide into a huge combo. I would rinse and repeat that

xqu846S.png

cant wait for tomorrow!

EDIT: has anyone received emails about the march pins?

btags

I finally beat shadow jago with jago. Maybe not the most impressive win ever, but crouch blocking, shadow countering, throwing, and instinct canceling won it for me.

Synth

If anyone has trouble with beating Shadow Jago, someone found a funny/easy way of doing things. =)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KAEweVyoFE

holy shit... that's hilarious.

Reminds me of back in the day on Street Fighter 1. When fighting Mike (who would kill you in 3 punches flat), I used to simply aim to get one hit in and then crouch block the entire round. He'd always walk up to you and repeatedly crouch punch until the time expired.

I can't believe something so similar exists in 2014 lol.

dankir

Just a heads up that Max will be attending The Runback tonight and playing Fulgore:

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

He didn't did he? I watched the replay and didn't see Maximillian.
edit: Looks like I was watching last weeks replay

I really need to train myself to think about the character I'm using during a combo better.
Nothing is more infuriating then forgetting the QCB + K is Fulgore's reactor charge move when it does an offensive attack for just about everybody else.

I feel really good about almost beating a dude with a fireball xx teleport xx back + FP overhead mixup only to use a CHARGE move instead of dash linker attack......spectacular.

And I get Ultra'd as a result

:(

.la1n

They played PS All Stars for the beginning of the stream but towards the end it shows KI and Max played Fulgore. Unfortunately he was put into losers and then lost in losers :(

There was a great Spinal playing that is worth watching.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
They played PS All Stars for the beginning of the stream but towards the end it shows KI and Max played Fulgore. Unfortunately he was put into losers and then lost in losers :(

There was a great Spinal playing that is worth watching.

Was able to get to top 5, but not much further. Tyrant(the spinal player) was using him as well and having issues against the current top tiers, Jago/Wulf/Thunder. Fulgs natural enemy is also Spinal, since he steals everything Fulgore needs to be good. Fulgore's definitely not an easy win character in high level competition, but I think he does well against Glacius.

agentreza

Was able to get to top 5, but not much further. Tyrant(the spinal player) was using him as well and having issues against the current top tiers, Jago/Wulf/Thunder. Fulgs natural enemy is also Spinal, since he steals everything Fulgore needs to be good. Fulgore's definitely not an easy win character in high level competition, but I think he does well against Glacius.

Will you do a stream today Max?

Top Bottom