• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Blu10

I want it to stay Xbone exclusive.

I have an xb1, and love this game. Other than the currently limited (less so now than at release) roster, I think this is my favorite fighter behind SF. I'd love for more people to be able to check it out. Although I can't see myself ever playing a fighter on a PC.

hwalker84

I'm tired of Microsoft port begging. Just because the make windows PC gamers feel like they owe them something. Never see this crap on Sony threads.

Skab

I'm tired of Microsoft port begging. Just because the make windows PC gamers feel like they owe them something. Never see this crap on Sony threads.

I don't think they owe me shit. I just know I wont be getting an XB1 any time soon but still really want the game. And I know I'm not the only one.

mdsfx

Well, sometimes when enough people show interest in something, it becomes a solid business decision to implement their request. Why should anyone stop asking when their wishes are heard and sometimes answered?

With that said... *AHEM*... "Microsoft, PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE bring KI to PC!"

Uraizen

Banned
Well, sometimes when enough people show interest in something, it becomes a solid business decision to implement their request. Why should anyone stop asking when their wishes are heard and sometimes answered?

Windows 8 store exclusive

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
So I beat Shadow Jago with the crouching LK timeout cheat, I only faced him twice before trying it lol...Im a terrible person.

.la1n

Was able to get to top 5, but not much further. Tyrant(the spinal player) was using him as well and having issues against the current top tiers, Jago/Wulf/Thunder. Fulgs natural enemy is also Spinal, since he steals everything Fulgore needs to be good. Fulgore's definitely not an easy win character in high level competition, but I think he does well against Glacius.

I know you don't think so but you are one of the best players I have seen on KI. You adapt to the new characters quickly, it was great seeing your Fulgore on stream and at the tournament. It does look like Spinal gives Fulgore a hard time because he has to work so hard for that meter. I look forward to seeing you at future events and hope you'll be able to put in some good practice with Fulgore. I'm sure I'll run into you at EVO this year, hopefully you'll be able to commentate as well.

histopher

I don't think they owe me shit. I just know I wont be getting an XB1 any time soon but still really want the game. And I know I'm not the only one.

Same. Even if they ported it when all content is finished to give the XB1 exclusivity for a while. It would be great on PC we could mod the accessories and fix some of the aesthetic issues too.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So I beat Shadow Jago with the crouching LK timeout cheat, I only faced him twice before trying it lol...Im a terrible person.

I will totally do this if I ever get to him, but man this AI keeps beating me around the last fight needed. Never have I seen so many throw techs.

Synth

Because it's port begging... which is against the rules of this forum. Going buy the logic you just gave, it should be okay to do this in an Infamous: Second Son thread too, because if enough of us do it, they may decide to port the game to PC! Or how about all those Nintendo games that people would love to play, but don't want a WiiU for? We should probably demand that Nintendo take the Sega route, so that all these games can reach a larger audience, right? Just because MS make Windows, it does not mean they are anymore obligated to port their games to the platform than any other publisher. Especially when most would complain if it was Windows Store exclusive, rather than on the rival platform Steam.

Look, I know Killer Instinct is a great game that is limited because its on a console not as many people own. I would even like to see it ported so people would give it more of a chance rather than deciding that Guilty Gear Xrd is the first fighter of importance on next gen consoles, but that doesn't mean that Xbox threads should be any more susceptible to port begging than any others. If MS wasn't trying to push their console KI3 probably would not have existed in the first place. Last gen, everyone jumped all over the 360 because apparently every time MS placed its games on the PC, it invalidated the reasons for the console to exist... it's strange to now complain that they are NOT doing that to their next console.

molnizzle

Does anybody play this game at a high level with a controller? I'd like to get more into it, but I'm not paying $200 for another fight stick...

Kriaser

Does anybody play this game at a high level with a controller? I'd like to get more into it, but I'm not paying $200 for another fight stick...

If you know someone who is good at modding sticks, you can gut a Xbone controller. Some modders have trouble with the trigger buttons due to magnets though, but KI is just a 6 button game unless you really need those LP MP HP bindings.

When I found that live on stream, it was hype as heck!

I'm OK to be playing on a controller. That being said don't bother with buying the KI stick but instead get the Cronus Max. Its amazing. It also means you can use one stick for every console.

Not to shamelessly plug my channel (again): But I have a Touch of Death combo with Fulgore (one combo that does a full life bar of damage).

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
I know you don't think so but you are one of the best players I have seen on KI. You adapt to the new characters quickly, it was great seeing your Fulgore on stream and at the tournament. It does look like Spinal gives Fulgore a hard time because he has to work so hard for that meter. I look forward to seeing you at future events and hope you'll be able to put in some good practice with Fulgore. I'm sure I'll run into you at EVO this year, hopefully you'll be able to commentate as well.

Thanks dude. It's probably the only advantage I have on most fighters, being that I can pick up on things fairly fast. Keeping up with the hardcore dudes is the biggest challenge. I'll keep at it with Fulgore, he's too exciting to watch.

nillapuddin

so my free character is still Sabre, and it was hard as hell to get it to be him (a few uninstalls)

Is my KI just somehow completely messed up?

molnizzle

I'm OK to be playing on a controller. That being said don't bother with buying the KI stick but instead get the Cronus Max. Its amazing. It also means you can use one stick for every console.

I actually have a CronusMax but I was thinking of just using it to play KI with a DS4 so I could sell my PS360 arcade stick. I just like playing my games "leaned back" and arcade sticks are pretty shit when not on a flat, stable surface.

Well, took me 16 tries but I finally managed to beat Shadow Jago.

I used Spinal so unfortunately the low kick cheese method doesn't work but he does not defend well against the teleport. Abusing the teleport gets you a lot of free hits in even if (when) he breaks your combo. Also using the slide immediately followed by a throw can keep him locked down for a little but after a few times he'll jump back and go on the offensive again.

But yeah, glad to finally have that fight out of the way.

DrDogg

Was able to get to top 5, but not much further. Tyrant(the spinal player) was using him as well and having issues against the current top tiers, Jago/Wulf/Thunder. Fulgs natural enemy is also Spinal, since he steals everything Fulgore needs to be good. Fulgore's definitely not an easy win character in high level competition, but I think he does well against Glacius.

I definitely feel Spinal is Fulgore's worst match-up, and I believe Fulgore struggles just like Spinal does. Both characters start without all of their skills. I think Fulgore would be able to hold his own if his standard Shadow stuff wasn't locked behind the Reactor. The Reactor should be a separate meter and only govern the special cancels and beam.

Spinal has the exact same issue. Even when he gets skulls, I wouldn't consider him top tier. I think at the very least he should always have one skull. Or maybe he can use all five skulls, but one regens after about five seconds of having none.

Either way, I think Fulgore is better than Spinal, but has to work against everyone except Gladius and Sadira. Sabrewulf and Jago I think are even matches for Fulgore... haven't play against enough Thunder players, but I think Fulgore wins that match or it's even. Orchid... I think it's tough because she can wake-up Slide to blow up a lot of Fulgore's projectile pressure. Could be even though...

DD-11

Is it possible that the endings are tied to score? I didn't ultra anyone last night except for my rival and Fulgore, and got all supreme victories, yet got the second ending. Nothing I do seems to get the second ending for Glacius.

hwalker84

Is it possible that the endings are tied to score? I didn't ultra anyone last night except for my rival and Fulgore, and got all supreme victories, yet got the second ending. Nothing I do seems to get the second ending for Glacius.

Ending Unlock Method
1 Do not perform an Ultra Combo on the sixth or seventh opponent.
2 Perform an Ultra Combo on the sixth opponent, but not on the seventh opponent.
3 Perform an Ultra Combo on the sixth and seventh opponents.

Montresor

Why? The game deserves a larger fan base/more exposure.

It being XB1 only is the biggest reason the game isn't any bigger than it is.

Infamous Second Sun deserves a larger fanbase/more exposure. Why not release it on PC/XB1?

Pikmin 3 deserves a larger fanbase/more exposure. Why not release it on PC/XB1/PS4?

The new Double Helix exclusive that'll come out on Amazon's next console deserves a larger fan base/more exposure. Why not release it on PC/XB1/PS4/WiiU?

Fuck 1st-party exclusives up their ass, right? 1st-party games deserve a larger fan base/more exposure.

/s

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
When I found that live on stream, it was hype as heck!

Not to shamelessly plug my channel (again): But I have a Touch of Death combo with Fulgore (one combo that does a full life bar of damage).

Hah, I wish I saw it live. Chat must have gone crazy.

Ending Unlock Method
1 Do not perform an Ultra Combo on the sixth or seventh opponent.
2 Perform an Ultra Combo on the sixth opponent, but not on the seventh opponent.
3 Perform an Ultra Combo on the sixth and seventh opponents.

I think the third can actually be JUST Ultra the seventh, but both work too. But yeah, it's that simple.

That said, there is definitely more to Shadow Jago beyond simply playing on Medium and not losing. You have to ultra the rival and beyond that score seems to play some sort of factor, as I only got him to show when I got a lot of ultra/supreme victories.

And FUCK him, jesus. Went about 25 rounds as Sabrewulf before I had to go to sleep. Went on this morning and it said some login changed so I got backed out, but I'm just going to do it with Jago and cheese it, as fighting him is insanely annoying. For whatever reason even though I never use him/know how to play effectively the AI seems noticeably easier compared to the shit they were doing with Sabrewulf.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Beating Shadow Jago with Himatoo (was that how they spelled it?) Thunder:

- He's a fool for counter DPs. He goes on a streak of trying to throw you on wakeup, all of which can be DP'd.

- Once you have instinct, Dashing through him on his wakeup and going for Call of Earth works wonders. Use shadow if you've you've got it! This is the most dependable way to damage him.

- He's constantly giving YOU meter with all his shenanigans, so take advantage of this.

- He liked to combo breaker on the first attack of the first breakable move after opener. If you can react to this, you can make him pay solidly.

Took me like 30 tries the other day, but I beat him fairly legitimately. Even if I was going through crazy boss shenanigans, I actually felt nicely surprised by him pulling surprise counter breakers, going for overheads, jumping out of throw set-ups, FALLING for certain throw setups, and pushing certain "you should know better" things like the bad habits of a real human player. And all those manuals! I've fought a few online Jago's that play just like that, so that felt really familiar...

Skab

Infamous Second Sun deserves a larger fanbase/more exposure. Why not release it on PC/XB1?

Pikmin 3 deserves a larger fanbase/more exposure. Why not release it on PC/XB1/PS4?

The new Double Helix exclusive that'll come out on Amazon's next console deserves a larger fan base/more exposure. Why not release it on PC/XB1/PS4/WiiU?

Fuck 1st-party exclusives up their ass, right? 1st-party games deserve a larger fan base/more exposure.

/s

This is incredibly stupid. Way to overreact and put words in my mouth.

SegaShack

The AI is still bugging me every time I try arcade mode. I used to play the game on "Killer" difficulty all the time. Once I get halfway through normal on arcade it gets insane.

The AI comes across as reading inputs to me with split second blocking/countering and always breaking my combos. They aren't recognizing patterns, as I tried different method with my combos each time I could get a hit on them and it is usually instant combo break or I hear the announcer go "One Two Three" and my combo is broken.

I still love this game but I can't be the only one who thinks the AI is rigged/broken right? Hell I can beat Eyedol on KI1 and although he is a very challenging boss I do not consider him as broken as the AI after this new update.

.la1n

The AI is still bugging me every time I try arcade mode. I used to play the game on "Killer" difficulty all the time. Once I get halfway through normal on arcade it gets insane.

The AI comes across as reading inputs to me with split second blocking/countering and always breaking my combos. They aren't recognizing patterns, as I tried different method with my combos each time I could get a hit on them and it is usually instant combo break or I hear the announcer go "One Two Three" and my combo is broken.

I still love this game but I can't be the only one who thinks the AI is rigged/broken right? Hell I can beat Eyedol on KI1 and although he is a very challenging boss I do not consider him as broken as the AI after this new update.

It's not broken AI but it is similar to Tekken Tag 2 at launch where the difficulty setting of the AI ramps up too quickly between settings. It could use some adjustment to be sure.

Durock

So I attempted to stream Killer Instinct earlier today via the Xbox One and was getting some serious delay. It was running silky smooth on the Xbox, but when viewing the stream on the PC and iPhone, it was a good 30 seconds behind!! Anyone know why this is and what a possible solution would be?

Uraizen

Banned
So I attempted to stream Killer Instinct earlier today via the Xbox One and was getting some serious delay. It was running silky smooth on the Xbox, but when viewing the stream on the PC and iPhone, it was a good 30 seconds behind!! Anyone know why this is and what a possible solution would be?

It's the way twitch handles streaming now, there is no solution. =(

Durock

It's the way twitch handles streaming now, there is no solution. =(

Well that's very disappointing. I could understand using alternative hardware with it streaming from Xbox-->hardware-->PC, but directly from the source (Xbox) itself? Yeah, blows my mind. I don't know all the technicalities behind such things though, so probably some things I just don't 'get'.

In other news, really starting to get a good feel for Fulgore. I believe he has a lot of good tech, although some of it is hidden behind his Shadow Moves which are harder to acquire due to his unique meter traits. I definitely will be putting a lot of practice into him with every intention now maining him alongside Sabrewulf. I like the rest of the cast, but those two are by far my faves of the bunch.

bumpkin

If anyone still wants the pin edition it is on sale for 49 dollars at the microsoft store:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...mate-Edition-for-Xbox-One/productID.287694100
I bit on it a few weeks ago. I'm still waiting for some kind of confirmation of my registration. The PIN Ultimate add-on shows up under manage game and I filled out the reg form on that site linked from the FAQs. Haven't gotten any sort of email yet or anything though. :(

Also, has there been any news about the April pin challenge?

Chairhome

Well that's very disappointing. I could understand using alternative hardware with it streaming from Xbox-->hardware-->PC, but directly from the source (Xbox) itself? Yeah, blows my mind. I don't know all the technicalities behind such things though, so probably some things I just don't 'get'.

In other news, really starting to get a good feel for Fulgore. I believe he has a lot of good tech, although some of it is hidden behind his Shadow Moves which are harder to acquire due to his unique meter traits. I definitely will be putting a lot of practice into him with every intention now maining him alongside Sabrewulf. I like the rest of the cast, but those two are by far my faves of the bunch.

Its not a technical thing, they purposely delay it 30 seconds for chat or something like that.

Also, has there been any news about the April pin challenge?

Unfortunately, no April pin challenge :(

The only way to get the April pin (the fightstick one) is by going to PAX and entering the KI tournament or beating a certain person at the booth for it. The pin will go on sale after PAX is over.

Top Bottom