• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Grinchy

Banned
I know this is gonna seem biased but I don't care, just wanna share some information on my interaction with Guerrilla Games over the last couple of days.

5 days ago I uploaded a youtube video just explaining some of the issues I have with Killzone, with particular mention of the competitive scene and why I don't think it worked. (I'm referring to Clan matches and the league ladder not the Open Challenge weekends.)

3 days later I was contacted via twitter from Samrat Sharma (Senior Online Producer for KZ:SF) wanting to seek further information about my concerns with KZ competitive scene. After a few messages we exchanged emails and he requested an email detailing my thoughts.

Yesterday I sent a very long email detailing my experience and concerns, I honestly thought he/they might just send a standard response back ( like a certain French developer did once by just emailing a link to their FAQ page on their website).

However 5 hours later I received a response from Samrat (whom had also included GG's community manager and community editor into the conversation) with an even more detailed emailing responding to the concerns I had raised and some of the plans which they have in the very near pipeline. I won't go into too much detail with their response because I'll leave to them to make the announcements but if you are interested in the comp scene they confirmed some big changes should be coming soon.

It's just been the best experience I've had with a developer and even though they do have some flaws, it really shows how GG is community focused more than some others out there.

To top it off they and to show their appreciation they even sent me this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t544aqEmNLg&wide

Made me laugh and it was a nice gesture.
That's awesome!

The KZ team definitely seems to be full of some cool people.

Baliis

Update: Today. we've sent out T-shirts to the following players:

Roe-Bear
SARGE666
Ramez05
Dibbz
Baliis
Gallagher129
Matemike
Swordsman24
nades_all_night
bLaiSe_HUN
TheFlyingToaster
Heretic001

We have yet to receive addresses from the following players:

Tomcat407
TheRougeAssassin
wanzerpilot09
Full-Recovery
Killer_App_23
Marper
RoKaDitz
Devil-Shoot

If your PSN ID is in the second group, please compose a private forums message to me (Ginrai) with the snail mail address where you want to receive your shirt, as well as your e-mail address. We'll make sure you get your T-shirt ASAP.

Unfortunately, the DLC voucher codes for the top 100 players still haven't been received from Sony marketing. As soon as they're in we will update this thread.

No idea if anyone in the second list is a gaffer, but I know there were several of us in there.

Helscream

Banned
How does join the GAF clan? I use to play the shit out of this game at launch till lag burnt me out. I forwarded some port ranges and my gameplay experience is much more stable. My PSN is "Helscream". Thanks.

People weren't kidding about the support drone ..... it rarely kills anyone and gets shot down almost immediately, or targets other sentries. Pain in the ass. Managed to get up to 200 kills (from about 43) today, thanks to some boosters who were surprisingly organized (line up, throw drone, revive when killed etc). Feels scrubby, but this is a scrubby trophy blergh.

VariantX

People weren't kidding about the support drone ..... it rarely kills anyone and gets shot down almost immediately, or targets other sentries. Pain in the ass. Managed to get up to 200 kills (from about 43) today, thanks to some boosters who were surprisingly organized (line up, throw drone, revive when killed etc). Feels scrubby, but this is a scrubby trophy blergh.

Yeah, Its better for letting you know that a someone's cloaked nearby

krioto

I'm having a weird problem with the new map pack - it's downloaded to my PS4 fine, but is just sitting in waiting to install, and will not install!

I have a UK PSN store account, and downloaded the map pack dlc from the UK store, but have moved to Australia, and bought the KZSF disc in Australia - could this cause any issues?
I thought UK and Aust were the same region in PSN terms?

Any ideas, help would be appreciated.

FerranMG

I'm having a weird problem with the new map pack - it's downloaded to my PS4 fine, but is just sitting in waiting to install, and will not install!

I have a UK PSN store account, and downloaded the map pack dlc from the UK store, but have moved to Australia, and bought the KZSF disc in Australia - could this cause any issues?
I thought UK and Aust were the same region in PSN terms?

Any ideas, help would be appreciated.

It's definitely a regions issue.
I'm in Spain, bought the game in Spain,downloaded the maps from the Spanish store, and had the same issue as you.
What I did was create a dummy UK account, and download the maps from there.
It all worked all right, then.

Hope it helps!

krioto

It's definitely a regions issue.
I'm in Spain, bought the game in Spain,downloaded the maps from the Spanish store, and had the same issue as you.
What I did was create a dummy UK account, and download the maps from there.
It all worked all right, then.

Hope it helps!

ok, thanks for this - I've created a dummy AUS store account and kicked off the download -I'll check if it works tonight (if I can put second son down!)

Its finally over ....

photoudipy.jpg

whitehawk

Banned
Anyone up to play right now? PSN ID is in my profile.

btw, whats the official neogaf clan tag?

edit: You have to be invited. Someone invite me!

Changes to the competitive warzone from Killzone's FB page, they confirmed that these changes are only for the comp warzone and if are successful will be rolled into public.

Killzone - The Official Page
We recently updated the official Competitive Warzone with changes requested by the competitive players.

Below you will find the exact changes:

Weapons:...

VC30
Increased spread of pellets by 15%

LSR44
Increased rate of fire by 10%
Increased damage out to 20m by 15%

Kameraad
Reduced standing and crouched hip fire spread by 10%
Reduced maximum moving hip fire spread by 45%

Ability's:

Air Support, Turret
Reduced health by 25%

We also updated the Competitive Warzone with the following changes:

Added The Hanger, The Cruiser and The Wall
Added Turrets and Air Support Drones
Disabled all flashlights
Set point limit in Capture & Move and Capture & Connect to 100

Check out the changes and let us know what you think of them.
For more info please check the forums:

http://community.killzone.com/t5/Killzone-Shadow-Fall-PS4/Competitive-Warzone-changes/td-p/1508048

Paertan

Any Europeans still play actively? Please add me
PSN: Paertan
The matchmaking hates me. It tries to compensate my high score with all the lowest. I had three sub-100 ranked in my team today.
One tried to shoot the generator.
The only way I can get good teams when playing alone is to quit after every game so the matchmaking can't screw me.

Paertan

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjoNXytCUAEIl6V.jpg

lol

Yeah I see a lot of that as well xD
But I never touch Team Deathmatch only Warzone like this seem to be :) It is fine as long as you win. When you don't and non eof hte top 8 are a teammate. Then you curse xD

Dibbz

wow so I got my shirt last night from GG for the tourny. Jesus it's garbage. Plain olive green and XXL. I'll take a picture after work, it's appalling.

Paertan

wow so I got my shirt last night from GG for the tourny. Jesus it's garbage. Plain olive green and XXL. I'll take a picture after work, it's appalling.

Wait they didn't ask for size?! xD What does it cost to print a shirt at a website where you give them your own picture. 30 bucks? For a company that size owned by Sony it is next to nothing.

RoeBear

Wait they didn't ask for size?! xD What does it cost to print a shirt at a website where you give them your own picture. 30 bucks? For a company that size owned by Sony it is next to nothing.

I gave them the size of XL. I haven't gotten mine yet but I'm betting it didn't matter.

Finally managed to get my 400th turret kill (legit). Man that was annoying at times but it's good to be rid of it. Now for the even worse air support turret. This one is going to take even longer as it seems to be useless!

Dibbz roebear plz post how much a slap in the face this is on the official killzone open weekend forum cause this is some bullshit I'm actually fucking pissed its not even a nice t shirt

Dibbz

Gallagher I tweeted Steven ter Heide about the prize. This was his response.

@dibbsy8
@StevenTerHeide1 @vjzuylen @EboltGG So disappointed in the shirt you guys sent as a prize. XXL and plain green :|

@StevenTerHeide1
sorry to hear that. It's the shirt all the devs wear. We're boring ;)

Took them 4 months to decide to send us shirts that they have around the office :|

This probably been asked a million times but did we ever figure out why the online player count is so low? Was playing last night and there wasn't even 1000 people online. The game has sold over 2 million copies worldwide...what gives? The Mp is fantastic, and this was a launch title.

DoomGyver

I gave them my info for the t shirt.

When we were playing in the contest, I jokingly said "Watch us get a freakin' t-shirt, XXL one size fits all" I don't think anyone thought that was going to happen.

I was joking Guerrilla. :(

Grinchy

Banned
This probably been asked a million times but did we ever figure out why the online player count is so low? Was playing last night and there wasn't even 1000 people online. The game has sold over 2 million copies worldwide...what gives? The Mp is fantastic, and this was a launch title.

I'd probably still be playing if it wasn't the laggiest online game I have ever played in my life. Some days it would be smooth, and then for weeks at a time it would be unplayable. The last time I played it seemed to be in good shape but I already had a sour taste in my mouth from it all.

Pretty sweet MP though.

leng jai

Baffling to me still. Everyone must be playing COD and BF4. It's probably proof that KZ4 is a single player focused game in the eyes of most people which would explain the backlash at how bad it was too.

Dead

well not really...yet
im pretty sure the lack of a traditional level up grind is partially to blame. Kind of takes away incentive for a lot of people.

It is pretty sad how low the player count is though. Wouldn't touch the season pass with a ten foot pole due to the fear of how few players it would actually bring in.

lordxar

I put four solid months into getting the plat. The MP is fantastic and the only reason I quit was that I got the plat and didn't have a whole lot left to do. Other games came out and I moved on. Still play from time to time and will play regularly when this next DLC hits. For a while anyway.

I really don't get all the negative comments the campaign draws. First time I ran the campaign I thought it was OK. Each subsequent run made me appreciate it more. The audio log run really expanded on things, not so much stuff you needed for the story but narratives that expanded the game lore. Like the Helghans that survived the global explosion talking about cannibalism or the scientists on the research vessel. Its actually quite deep a story. My hard run was interesting because I'd figured out shortcuts to the big battles which made them easier. All in all the game is made for more than one playthrough.

RoeBear

I guess maybe I don't. Care to elaborate?

I know about the contest and playlist required to be played to win.

They had a open weekend competition at the beginning of the year that lasted around 5 days. In order to place within the top 20 you had to play almost all hours of the day because all that mattered were total points accumulated.

They were saying that the prize would be something very exclusive for the top 20 along with a DLC exclusive prize for those in the top 100. Around this time they had an invitational only tournament in which original artwork, medals, and custom controllers were given out. The tournament winners had to play far less games and got way better prizes just because they had what I guess would be an "in" with GG. At least 5 people in the top 20 are from GAF and we expected something that more reflected the time that we put in to get a top spots.

Baliis

They had a open weekend competition at the beginning of the year that lasted around 5 days. In order to place within the top 20 you had to play almost all hours of the day because all that mattered were total points accumulated.

They were saying that the prize would be something very exclusive for the top 20 along with a DLC exclusive prize for those in the top 100. Around this time they had an invitational only tournament in which original artwork, medals, and custom controllers were given out. The tournament winners had to play far less games and got way better prizes just because they had what I guess would be an "in" with GG. At least 5 people in the top 20 are from GAF and we expected something that more reflected the time that we put in to get a top spots.

Also, this was months ago and they were silent about what the prize would actually be right up until they said "Okay the t-shirts are ready to be mailed". The whole thing was handled incredibly poorly.

Grinchy

Banned

Ok, that is kinda crappy.

Top Bottom