• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

ZServ

So, I'm coming back from a long break from the game. Did they remove the trigger limit on the (excuse my butchered spelling) kameraad sniper? I remember it used to be awful, but now it seems really decent. Maybe I was just awful. Game is super fun still but it also seems like latency is a bigger problem now than it was.

Everdred

They had a open weekend competition at the beginning of the year that lasted around 5 days. In order to place within the top 20 you had to play almost all hours of the day because all that mattered were total points accumulated.

They were saying that the prize would be something very exclusive for the top 20 along with a DLC exclusive prize for those in the top 100. Around this time they had an invitational only tournament in which original artwork, medals, and custom controllers were given out. The tournament winners had to play far less games and got way better prizes just because they had what I guess would be an "in" with GG. At least 5 people in the top 20 are from GAF and we expected something that more reflected the time that we put in to get a top spots.
You're right, that's pretty bad.

was reading the Killzone website blog posts

glad that they're working on the network and lag issues some people where facing

likely going to dive back into the game this week

Scoot2005

Banned
It is but I think you have to purchase it. I'm not buying shit for this game no matter how much like it. I haven't seen the player count go over 2000.

Darien

New trophies from Insurgent expansion:

mERRyXu.jpg

Scoot2005

Banned
Scratch what I said I'm gonna buy it.... Whenever it comes the fuck out. Any word as to when it's actually available to download?

MMaRsu

Allright let's go GAF. Send me an invite or something into a great GAF group or do I need to make one myself.

Let's go hit up some servers warzone or TDM I don't care let's blast on some fools :).

GAF Name is my PSN ID.

Anybody wanna play RIGHT NOW?

Cudder

Sorry, these pics are pretty crappy. I took a bunch mid-reload and firing as well, but I don't think they got recorded for some reason. Also, the 2 vids I uploaded to my Facebook account didn't complete because of a processing error. (I'm trying to upload it one more time, if it succeeds I will post).

5htunTy.jpg

lyuLPZ5.jpg

4UqSPnF.jpg

CUsLz37.jpg

XGUTGSB.jpg

DUYvmLb.jpg

Y2dMWc7.jpg

Darien

• M82: The legendary ISA assault rifle makes a triumphant return for the Support!
  • StA-14: A sturdy Helghast battle rifle for the long-range combat arsenal of the Scout.
  • LS12 SMG Pistol: Also known as the M66, this sidearm for the Assault packs considerable punch.
13559614094_f7a385040f_b.jpg

13559268225_990fcbfe27_b.jpg

13559273795_2d7d4ab6bb_b.jpg

leng jai

I thought I could use M82 with any class? I can only use it with one? They're all pretty much the same weapon anyway..

It's Support only. Assault already has the Rumbler and Keyzer which are virtually the same. I hate how the M82 and a whole class is locked behind DLC. Lame.

It's Support only. Assault already has the Rumbler and Keyzer which are virtually the same. I hate how the M82 and a whole class is locked behind DLC. Lame.

As that class is the sole reason I even bother with Shadow Fall, this is COMPLETELY FUCKED

Support offense is complete dogshit and now I have pay to have a competent solution….

I AM at least glad they finally gave us the damn option though

Grinchy

Banned
I bought the DLC and played for a while tonight. The new class is pretty sweet. I had a few moments where I hacked a turret that the enemy team didn't suspect was about to be hacked and it just started shooting at them like crazy. It "respawns" the turret, so if if is already damaged or doesn't have a lot of time left, it seems to give you a full round of ownership.

I also really like stealing abilities. Since I'm always being a little trophy whore, I never have the sprint ability in my loadout as assault. But multiple times tonight I was able to steal that ability and grab beacons for nice captures. It's also cool to be able to steal a spawn or turret ability where you can put it down and it's not your permanent loadout.

The new pulse emitter is cool too but I didn't get to use it very much. I put one near a beacon drop-off point where an enemy had a turret. I think it disabled the turret since I got credit for something (it was hectic and I wasn't really looking at the notification).

I bought the DLC and played for a while tonight. The new class is pretty sweet. I had a few moments where I hacked a turret that the enemy team didn't suspect was about to be hacked and it just started shooting at them like crazy. It "respawns" the turret, so if if is already damaged or doesn't have a lot of time left, it seems to give you a full round of ownership.

I also really like stealing abilities. Since I'm always being a little trophy whore, I never have the sprint ability in my loadout as assault. But multiple times tonight I was able to steal that ability and grab beacons for nice captures. It's also cool to be able to steal a spawn or turret ability where you can put it down and it's not your permanent loadout.

The new pulse emitter is cool too but I didn't get to use it very much. I put one near a beacon drop-off point where an enemy had a turret. I think it disabled the turret since I got credit for something (it was hectic and I wasn't really looking at the notification).

Sounds like fun, I loved the infiltrator in KZ3 ;)
Maybe I should check it out some time :)

RoeBear

I can't believe how many times I yelled, "OMG I CAN'T FUCKING AIM" at my TV tonight lol

I was so rusty.

I seemed to only have this issue with the M82. It seems like it shoots more like the Valk to me. Insurgent is pretty fun though I love stealing abilities.

Also, got my shirt in. WTF is up with the size. It fits fine on my chest and arms but is just way too long. The funny thing is that in my pm I sent them I actually requested a XL but they still sent an XXL. So much for that consideration.

Support offense is complete dogshit and now I have pay to have a competent solution….
Support isn't supposed to have the offensive capability of an assault class - but that doesn't make it bullshit. I've caused plenty of bloodbaths with support weaponry. My personal favorite has been the shotgun, but I've been killed often enough by the other support kit too.

Paertan

Bought the Season Pass to get the Insurgent DLC and the coop later. Seemed like a good deal. And some skins and stuff I guess. Oh and the M82 of course. Great to have it for support. Fills a gap in Supports arsenal.

Got a weird bug yesterday. Weapon got stuck in iron sight mode.
Switching weapon fixed it though.
N7n7HAql.jpg

p9sCgpcl.jpg

I also got the season pass (thanks for those pack in $10 vouchers Sony!), so I'll check this expansion out. I'm in the middle of moving and going on vacation though, so it'll be a couple of weeks til I can play.

Paertan

Shotgun is great, but then how are you supposed to level up your other weapons if always just defaulting to that? :/
I hate MP trophies...

The only weapon I had any difficulty leveling up was the Purger. With the changes to the Voltage I can see it becoming a problem.
Pulver is actually pretty good. Don't think I have much worse stats with that than any of the other assault rifles. It is not as much Spray and Pray as the other but that have never been my style. You can snipe pretty good with it. It looses in close combat so keep your distance a bit.

leng jai

Shotgun is great, but then how are you supposed to level up your other weapons if always just defaulting to that? :/
I hate MP trophies...

The Pulver is decent (though I'm no good with it) and the Purger rips through people when you're in the right situation and get the timing down.

Metfanant

I think it's quite lazy that the new (old) weapons don't have attachments...there is ZERO reason that at the very least the sights couldn't be swapped out...

That being said, enjoying the expansion..I wish more people would play the game though...its ironic that nobody plays it, but its the game that singlehandedly caused 4 of my most die hard Xbox fanboy friends to switch to the PS4 after playing it at my house lol...

They all went out at got PS4's JUST for this game...now they get their multiplats on the PS4 as well but Shadow fall made them bite..

Grinchy

Banned
God damn I'm loving the insurgent class. You can come up with any weird ability cocktail that you can get your hands on. You can do spawns and sprint, turrets and shields...anything. And if you put up a turret and then hack one, you now have 2 turrets. And you can hack shields.

The M82 is also awesome. I was using it most of the night whenever I could steal it. It's cool too that you keep your most recently stolen abilities and weapons even when you switch maps. So you don't have to start with a pistol just because the map changed.

Kaji

Could I grab an invite to the gaf clan? Found it on the KZ website but can't seem to do a request to join at all.

PSN: Kaji_AU

Cheers :)

Grinchy

Banned
Sprint and Stun? :D

That would be a good one. I might have to give that a shot.

Now that you can steal abilities you get to see what people use and I'm pretty surprised by how many people use sprint. I love the ability but there's no trophy tied to it so I never get to use it lol

Paertan

Now that you can steal abilities you get to see what people use and I'm pretty surprised by how many people use sprint. I love the ability but there's no trophy tied to it so I never get to use it lol

Should be great for Beacon missions. Run fast as hell and if you encounter anything you stun it and keep running.

I love to use sprint but I use mostly stun since I tried that challenge and fell in love with the stun.

leng jai

Facepalm. Sprint is probably the best ability in the game, definitely for Assault.

Grinchy

Banned
Facepalm. Sprint is probably the best ability in the game, definitely for Assault.

Sprint is definitely awesome. You can use it to deliver beacons before the other team has even had a chance to go defend the point, you can use it to get to capture points quickly when a round begins, ect. It's a great ability.

Now if only I wasn't still trying to grind these stupid abilities for a useless trophy...

Massa

I think it's quite lazy that the new (old) weapons don't have attachments...there is ZERO reason that at the very least the sights couldn't be swapped out...

That being said, enjoying the expansion..I wish more people would play the game though...its ironic that nobody plays it, but its the game that singlehandedly caused 4 of my most die hard Xbox fanboy friends to switch to the PS4 after playing it at my house lol...

They all went out at got PS4's JUST for this game...now they get their multiplats on the PS4 as well but Shadow fall made them bite..

You can change the sights (on the M82 at least) by pressing up on the d-pad.

Grinchy

Banned
The insurgent class has completely revitalized this game for me. I love it. I'm even finding myself playing more TDM lately (which I used to hate). It's just nice for quick, simple rounds where it doesn't matter quite as much if your team sucks. It can still be enjoyable when you're losing, unlike Warzone.

torontoml

The insurgent class has completely revitalized this game for me. I love it. I'm even finding myself playing more TDM lately (which I used to hate). It's just nice for quick, simple rounds where it doesn't matter quite as much if your team sucks. It can still be enjoyable when you're losing, unlike Warzone.
Ya that's why I switched over to it, whether my team is performing well or not I almost always go at least 3:1 and enjoy the game. Also I found it started to get difficult to get full classic warzone matches, and in TDM it's easy.

Paertan

Was looking at Insurgent Challenges.
Hack 250 Supply Boxes.
I don't think I have seen 250 Supply Boxes. Not even counting my own teams.
That has to be impossible unless you have a friend on opposite team.

Top Bottom