• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Someone need to forward this to GG.

They need to add voice chat, some character chatter online, background music during matches and whatnot. The MP is BO-RING as hell when all of that is missing.

Many people including myself have Tweeted GG devs on Twitter about that already. They're taking feedback and working on a patch right now.

Dreez

Maaaan there was one match where we got spanked, and it was 9 missions long x.x Lots of fun and chaos in a party lol

ref

Added myself to the spreadsheet.

I'm going to be playing most of today, along with some other games, but I'm down to play with anyone whenever.

Would love to get some group party chat play the objective and have fun type people!

PSN: Callmeref

LtOrange

This game is a different beast when you have a full party going. Hopefully the community picks up because I am having a blast.

They need to add voice chat, some character chatter online, background music during matches and whatnot. The MP is BO-RING as hell when all of that is missing.

I don't need background music. Gears doesn't have background music. CoD only has a little before matches are about to run out last I played. Halo doesn't last time I played it. But I do need voicechat. I need it. You can't have your biggest game mode (Warzone) -- a mode that requires a lot of coordination to be efficient in (CTF, Zones, attack & defend) -- out there with no way to communicate with your teammates if you're not in a party. Too many times already I've wanted to tell a teammate to go somewhere or help me or switch to Support class for the teleport...and there's just no way to do it.

It's just unacceptable and at times fucking infuriating. As has been said, it's been a base-level expectation since Halo 2. Why would any Western developer think this kind of omission would be acceptable in 2013?

Oh yes, forgot to mention this. Is there ever really a time when you WOULDN'T want to get revived? Why not just make it automatic instead of having to tap triangle? Sometimes you don't notice it...

Yes. If you died in a bad location (like if you accidentally ran underneat a base turret) or if the area you'd respawn at is still under heavy fire. Or if you got sniped and don't know from where. Remember, you get spun around when you get revived and end up pointing in an unexpected direction. That can get you killed...again.

If your team has spawn beacons, those are usually safer. Yesterday I revived a guy 3 times and died immediately after the revive every time. It was funny.

_Isaac

Oh yes, forgot to mention this. Is there ever really a time when you WOULDN'T want to get revived? Why not just make it automatic instead of having to tap triangle? Sometimes you don't notice it...
Sometimes a medic deploys a medic drone in the middle of a firefight. There's no point in getting up just to get gunned down one second later. Sometimes you might want to hold on until the danger goes away or you might want to just respawn at another spot. Also beware because the drone can be shot down if you wait too long.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Is it possible to do a private match with only friends? I was wondering that. It didn't appear so to me, but maybe I'm just doing something wrong. I have four or five other friends that play, and sometimes we wanna do 2v2 or 3v3 with just us.

kurbaan

Banned
Maaaan there was one match where we got spanked, and it was 9 missions long x.x Lots of fun and chaos in a party lol

Yeah, fucking Penthouse on 24 player Warzone is nuts.

Haha yea that game was crazy. We got destroyed by the MuffinMan

Sometimes a medic deploys a medic drone in the middle of a firefight. There's no point in getting up just to get gunned down one second later. Sometimes you might want to hold on until the danger goes away or you might want to just respawn at another spot. Also beware because the drone can be shot down if you wait too long.

Yeah I'm sad to admin there have been a couple of times where i would revive in the middle of a firefight with a turret in front of me and kept getting killed. Dunno why i kept pressing triangle or why the medic kept reviving me. He probably got a lot of points i bet.

5amshift

Banned
This game is a different beast when you have a full party going. Hopefully the community picks up because I am having a blast.

Partying up is the only time I've heard conversation and voice in this game. People got a headset with the system they're playing it on, use it..

music is my most wanted right now, more than in-game voice chat.

the campaign has some seriously badass fight music, was hoping to hear some of it in multiplayer

STA_DMAmul

Neo Member

Good point - I retract my previous statement :)

Flo_Evans

I'd like to play tonight with some GAF.

I mostly run around inside the base and play with my flashlight, don't expect much lol!

MADGAME

Too many times already I've wanted to tell a teammate to go somewhere or help me or switch to Support class for the teleport...and there's just no way to do it.

I might be misinterpreting your post, but based on this and the one before is seems like you want to give orders or run the show. I'm a team player, but don't want to be told to switch classes, or what to do in general. If you feel a class is needed in play, you could just switch to it yourself.

I agree there needs to be chat, but the game modes aren't complicated. It's pretty clear what needs to be done. Communicating where enemies are and other tactical info is helpful though. In other MP games, there is usually "that" guy or two trying to direct orders to everyone. He gets muted quickly.

anyone else love penthouse?

the middle room with the revolving doors makes for some hilarious moments

I usually hate clusterfuck choke point maps but this one is god damn fun. I love being outside turning a corner and watching people randomly falling off the building.

map design is really solid in this game.

I'm down. GAF squads bring the pain.

I think we got two sweeps during our run yesterday! Spawn Beacons and constant revives definitely helps out.

anyone else love penthouse?

the middle room with the revolving doors makes for some hilarious moments

Love that area and the map is pretty nice too. Also, it's hilarious trying to run from one side to the other only for the door to close on you.

I'd like to play tonight with some GAF.

I mostly run around inside the base and play with my flashlight, don't expect much lol!

Wtf lol, I equipped the flashlight on the VC30 and thought it was useless. I'd rather have the Incendiary Rounds. Does the flashlight actually blind people?

Okay. I have a question. Maybe someone has already addressed it in this thread, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating. What the hell is up with the scoreboard?

1. It's not separated by teams
2. It doesn't show you your kills and deaths for the match.

What. The. Hell?

Am I missing something? Am I checking the wrong scoreboard somehow?

Checking those two items is really important for me because I like to keep track of how I'm doing in a match and change my strategy accordingly.

I know you can check your overall stats which provides the K/D ratio of how you've been playing over time but not for each individual match during said match.
Am I alone in this ?

Flo_Evans

Not a fan of penthouse.

I prefer assault class and fighting people at range... the tight interiors give me panic attacks!

Although I have been trying to unlock the under barrel shotgun, that would be a good map to do all the stun attacks.

kurbaan

Banned
Okay. I have a question. Maybe someone has already addressed it in this thread, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating. What the hell is up with the scoreboard?

What. The. Hell?

Checking those two items is really important for me because I like to keep track of how I'm doing in a match and change my strategy accordingly.

I know you can check your overall stats which provides the K/D ratio of how you've been playing over time but not for each individual match during said match.
Am I alone in this ?

Yeah its messed up. It does tell you your ranking in your team on the left but then you have to think how many people are in my team right now to find out how bad you are. Even after a match I couldnt find a way to see my deaths.

What. The. Hell?

Am I alone in this ?

I'm not sure if it shows your deaths on there, but try pressing the touchpad during a match to bring up the scoreboard.

Flo_Evans

Wtf lol, I equipped the flashlight on the VC30 and thought it was useless. I'd rather have the Incendiary Rounds. Does the flashlight actually blind people?

IDK. ask my team mates last night lol. I was pretty impressed that it cast shadows though. Strange that you have no flashlight in the main game.

I have noticed when you get killed by someone it shows your K/D vs. them which is pretty nice, but yeah I'd like a K/D for each match at the end.

JustSquid

Is it possible to do a private match with only friends? I was wondering that. It didn't appear so to me, but maybe I'm just doing something wrong. I have four or five other friends that play, and sometimes we wanna do 2v2 or 3v3 with just us.

Yeah there is but I'm not entirely sure how it works. I know you need to be in a party and if you create a Warzone, make it private and give other members the pin, they can join. I haven't tried it yet but it's what I've been told. I want to try it tonight to get scrims going.

What. The. Hell?

Am I alone in this ?

It does show your kills and it organizes you based on your overall point total, regardless of team. There are multiple slides to select from if I'm not mistaken, one of them does show your kill total. I'm kinda glad the only way to see deaths is on your career page. Reduces the amount of K/DR whores cheating the rest of the team out of a win on Warzone.

Vandiger

I still suck at this game, multiplayer wise. Haven't played KZ in awhile and still learning all the maps and abilities so far. Just chat me up if you see me playing.

Forest map as ISA is pretty damn bad. Your paths from base to the map proper are way to open to sniper and harassing fire. Helghast get a lot more proper cover when leaving the spawn.

Yeah its messed up. It does tell you your ranking in your team on the left but then you have to think how many people are in my team right now to find out how bad you are. Even after a match I couldnt find a way to see my deaths.

It seems like they rushed some parts of the game and forgot some really basic stuff.

RavenSan

Yeah there is but I'm not entirely sure how it works. I know you need to be in a party and if you create a Warzone, make it private and give other members the pin, they can join. I haven't tried it yet but it's what I've been told. I want to try it tonight to get scrims going

I'll prolly be on around 10/10:30 EST for a few rounds tonight if you wanna test it. my PSN is b_ferris13 (also in the spreadsheet)

Not a fan of penthouse.

I prefer assault class and fighting people at range... the tight interiors give me panic attacks!

Although I have been trying to unlock the under barrel shotgun, that would be a good map to do all the stun attacks.

I love it. Support class with shotty and turret(lots of easy kills) is the way to go for that map. I also love sneaking around the outside of the level and surprise attacking people through the glass

JustSquid

Forest map as ISA is pretty damn bad. Your paths from base to the map proper are way to open to sniper and harassing fire. Helghast get a lot more proper cover when leaving the spawn.

People forget you can sneak under the stone bridge and pop up by capture point A. Hig side has that ludicrous bridge and the other two open into a semi-choke point but you can still escape base camps pretty easy, regardless of the map.

I actually find it hilarious how stubborn players are in hard chargin' one exit.

2 of the 3 exit points are a problem if you're getting spawn camped, which I'm finding happens a lot in 24-player TDM.

Actually no...all of the exit routes on the Forest map are bad if your team is having trouble getting out of the base. On either side. One of the few maps where this is a problem, imo.

how many maps are there in this game?

7 or 8, I believe.

2 of the 3 exit points are a problem if you're getting spawn camped, which I'm finding happens a lot in 24-player TDM.

Actually no...all of the exit routes on the Forest map are bad if your team is having trouble getting out of the base. On either side. One of the few maps where this is a problem, imo.
Can't you just use the speed boost then drop a spawn beacon somewhere? No PS4 yet, but that at least worked in KZ2 to prevent spawn camping.

MADGAME

Can't you just use the speed boost then drop a spawn beacon somewhere? No PS4 yet, but that at least worked in KZ2 to prevent spawn camping.

The speed boost is an Assault skill while the beacon is a Support skill. I haven't seen much of a spawn camping problem yet, after about 40 or so full Warzone games. Sometimes if the other team is dominating they can put pressure around your base, but there are multiple exits. All you need to do to clear some space is have a support guy or two drop a turret or throw up an Air Drone then dash out and plant a beacon somewhere.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I need an honest answer, in your opinion... will this MP have legs beyond 3-4 months?

RavenSan

I need an honest answer, in your opinion... will this MP have legs beyond 3-4 months?

Absolutely I think so. I haven't been this addicted to MP since the original Black Ops. If GG keeps it updated, and consistently adds new content (warzones, etc.) then without a doubt.

Top Bottom