• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

joe1138

Just added my name to the spreadsheet. Really glad to see this thread, once you find a loadout you're happy with multiplayer can be a ton of fun.

X-Frame

Just to clarify, theoretically, if everyone spawned as a Support with a ground turret, everyone could place their own ground turret on the field at the same time?

There isn't a maximum amount on the map at any one time like KZ2, and I know GG said the game supports 24 players and a companion bot per player, for 48 "players".

So that means each one can spawn their own Attack Drone and there could be 24 drones on the map at once, or 24 turrets, or 24 air sentries?

How about spawn beacons? Is there a limit to those? I don't think I've seen more than 2 on the field at any one time.

xBuTcHeRx

SF.png

DISCUSS MULTIPLAYER | EXCHANGE PSN IDS | SAVOR THAT CHIRP

Add yourself to Google Spreadsheet. Quote to see the link to it.

Radec's Official Thread can be found here.
Thought we could use a multiplayer discussion as a few people asked about a thread in the OT, and PSN IDs are scattered about.

Link to sheet please, want to add myself on the list :)

Just to clarify, theoretically, if everyone spawned as a Support with a ground turret, everyone could place their own ground turret on the field at the same time?

There isn't a maximum amount on the map at any one time like KZ2, and I know GG said the game supports 24 players and a companion bot per player, for 48 "players".

So that means each one can spawn their own Attack Drone and there could be 24 drones on the map at once, or 24 turrets, or 24 air sentries?

How about spawn beacons? Is there a limit to those? I don't think I've seen more than 2 on the field at any one time.

I don't think I've seen more than 2 or 3 turrets or air drones up at a time. What I think happens is that if there are more than 2 turrets or drones up at a time, the one that's been up the longest disappears.

I've seen up to 4 spawn beacons, though.

X-Frame

I don't think I've seen more than 2 or 3 turrets or air drones up at a time. What I think happens is that if there are more than 2 turrets or drones up at a time, the one that's been up the longest disappears.

I've seen up to 4 spawn beacons, though.

I think someone should test this, but unfortunately I can't play anymore tonight and have to work tomorrow.

I also have seen 4 ground turrets in the same room before, there could have been more on the field. I've never once been denied placing a ground turret or an air bot, so I am not sure.

Maybe I'll just tweet GG.

Been playing a lot of Ghosts and only sometimes people even talk and usually its one or 2 guys. It really sucks. Kinda hate this party chat crap since it just kills the online experience for all these games.

Developers (or Sony) really need to make it so that when you're in a party, you're also able to hear the game's chat.

Party chat really did ruin some of the thrill of XBL, being able to meet random strangers or talk crap to the opposing team.

BBboy20

Developers (or Sony) really need to make it so that when you're in a party, you're also able to hear the game's chat.

Party chat really did ruin some of the thrill of XBL, being able to meet random strangers or talk crap to the opposing team.
Can you switch between party and game?

Eh, depends if you care about smash talking or not or even of that competitiveness.

Been playing a lot of Ghosts and only sometimes people even talk and usually its one or 2 guys. It really sucks. Kinda hate this party chat crap since it just kills the online experience for all these games.

I remember the good old days of XBL Mech Assault and Halo 2. When people used to talk to complete strangers and have a blast.

Party chat really did hurt the social nature of online gaming on consoles.

Can you switch between party and game?

Eh, depends if you care about smash talking or not or even of that competitiveness.

No

I mean, certainly, I think players in a party should be given the option to disable the game's chat if they only want to talk amongst themselves, but it would default to allowing the game's chat to play through to the party members that are playing the game.

BBboy20

No

I mean, certainly, I think players in a party should be given the option to disable the game's chat if they only want to talk amongst themselves, but it would default to allowing the game's chat to play through to the party members that are playing the game.
Really? I would expect Sony to just extract everything that exists on 360's party system.

I can it possible for a option for an individual to also hear other players without relying on the host to do so, I mean, it's next-gen after all.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, add me for some MP action. Please have a mic. We'll party chat.

PSN ID: MASTR-MENACE

_Isaac

What are your favorite abilities so far, guys? I still haven't really found many that really call to me yet, although the spawn beacons are super helpful. :p

Fantastic multiplayer, but I'm somewhat annoyed with how powerful reviving is.

Either:

-Reduce the ridiculous revive range
-Reduce the cooldown
-Allow us to completely kill enemy players when they are down

I think it's a little too much that medics can revive from nearly any angle. I know headshots and brutal melees invalidate reviving, but I'd like to see reviving be more skill-based, instead of spammed.

Everything else works surprisingly well. I was very concerned about some of the balance issues, but it seems pretty good so far.

kurbaan

Banned
I remember the good old days of XBL Mech Assault and Halo 2. When people used to talk to complete strangers and have a blast.

Party chat really did hurt the social nature of online gaming on consoles.

yup I remember back in the Socom 1 days most matches were great just talking to people. There was always, some sort of strategy. It was sick.

_Isaac

Trying to get another GAF game going tonight. If you feel like playing, give me an add.

PSN id: kilgoreisdead

I'm down. I'll add you and Khalifa Jayy in a bit.
How do you normally set these up? You just start a party and add a bunch of people from your friend list?

jkh33

Loving the multiplayer just like every other killzone game before it.

Add me if you want to play sometime

PSN: jkh33

Multiplayer is just too damn quiet imo. The lack of any type of character chatter in game makes it feel unpolished. I mean all I hear are grunts, where's the "I'm down!!", "VSA SCUM!!" or w/e?? At least give the characters in game some type of personality.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Multiplayer is just too damn quiet imo. The lack of any type of character chatter in game makes it feel unpolished. I mean all I hear are grunts, where's the "I'm down!!", "VSA SCUM!!" or w/e?? At least give the characters in game some type of personality.

Bring back the Visari propaganda speakers. I dgaf if it makes no sense. Reloading seems real quiet as well.

Matchew

What are your favorite abilities so far, guys? I still haven't really found many that really call to me yet, although the spawn beacons are super helpful. :p

I like using the spawn beacons too, put it in the right place and you can win the match. Other than that my second ability is up in the air, not sure what to use.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Sent friend requests to all the central time peeps, hope to play with yall this week :D.

Tried the 24 player TDM only warzone, I think Classic is more fun.

If we had fucking voice chat like every other 2013 FPS game, it wouldn't matter because we'd be hearing real people talk.

Disappointing lack is disappointing.

-PXG-

The exclusion of game chat is the most mind bogglingly stupid thing to do in a multiplayer game. WHY?

For a while, I just thought everyone was silent. What gives?

The exclusion of game chat is the most mind bogglingly stupid thing to do in a multiplayer game. WHY?

For a while, I just thought everyone was silent. What gives?

I thought so too. Most shocking omission of any launch game I've seen so far. Otherwise excellent MP experience...but no mic support took me back to FPS gaming before Xbox LIVE launched. This shit SUCKS.

Too many times I've wanted to ask for help to secure an objective or to request someone switch to support class...and I just fucking can't. Because there are no fucking mics.

I'm struggling to enjoy the game due to the blur that's constantly going on in MP. It's fun, the maps are pretty balanced, but damn, my eyes simply cannot take this. What's the likelihood of this being altered through a patch? It's none, isn't it? :(

I'm struggling to enjoy the game due to the blur that's constantly going on in MP. It's fun, the maps are pretty balanced, but damn, my eyes simply cannot take this. What's the likelihood of this being altered through a patch? It's none, isn't it? :(

You get used to it. Give it a couple of days of steady play and you won't even notice it. it was my day one complaint. Now it's no problem at all.

Apeopleman

Alright. This is going to be a long one. But my true feelings on the multiplayer aspect of the game.

I played Killzone 2 and 3 extensively, and enjoyed and played 2 more than 3, but still enjoyed both, due to me enjoying the handling, weapons, universe, etc.

What I like about this game: They got rid of the stupid bullshit. No mechs, to imbalance games. No jetpacks. The class where you could have gone invisible with the best fully automatic gun in Killzone 3 (Scout, with sTA 52 rifle) is now fair, given only 3 sniper rifles, the shittiest weapon in possibly the whole game ( triple burst spoor is useless, Dreams-Visions is 100 correct) and can only go cloaked with a knife.

The classes are brilliant! Assault makes sense. The point is to go in with it. Therefore, it has, without a doubt, the 2 best weapons in the game (Rumblr and Keyser), and aggressive perks, with the option of assault buddy bot, speed boost, etc and the mandatory shield option, which is deadly if you use it well.

Support is Medic, Tactician, and Engineer all crammed beautifully into one. The weapons, such as its shotgun, LMG, and rifle are all very good and can stand up to the 2 better weapons, and its other 2 "wildcard weapons" ( minigun, and petrustite 3 burst thing) can be effective, but I do not see them being used in competitive clan battles. This game really makes you think? Damn, they need my spawn beacon, no one else is running it. Damn, a base bot would be great here! Wow, an Airbot would really get me kills! Very balanced, and your class decision really impacts the game and your performance. Great job on the classes, Guerilla Games.

One thing that bugs me as I said before is that my favorite gun, spoor, is terrible. But If I had to guess, Guerilla didn't want to make the mistake of giving the "cheese" class of Killzone 3 a fully auto weapon again, and therefore made this SMG near useless. But they still gave us a close encounter option. You aren't winning any gunfights with it though, it could use a buff.

Maps are pretty good! I love that Bilgarsk Boulevard of broken dreams is back. Only one thing that pisses me off though. Give me some indication of where the base and base bots are! In the beginning of learning the game, I got many free deaths just from this lack of knowledge. It is very frustrating and I believe that they should be painted red on your map.

Okay, now to the things that should be fixed:

This is something that has not been fixed since killzone 2 and 3, and why, I'm not sure! One of the lamest things was joining a game late, and seeing the score 0-6. Why is this game still going on? It was over at 0-4. Guerilla, please, or anyone who claims to be getting PM's from devs, include this in your fix list; MAKE THE GAME END WHEN A TEAM SCORES 3 MISSION POINTS. The game should end there. No reason to fight a losing battle.

Mic chat. Already addressed, will definitely get addressed. Right Guerilla?

TRUE PARTY SYSTEM. Please give it to us. Not this "press option button to join friend and if you miss it within 15 seconds too bad nonsense"

Okay, that's my opinion. Overall, I really like this game. I see myself playing until the next Killzone is released, and I feel every PS4 owner should give this mutiplayer a shot.

This is something that has not been fixed since killzone 2 and 3, and why, I'm not sure! One of the lamest things was joining a game late, and seeing the score 0-6. Why is this game still going on? It was over at 0-4. Guerilla, please, or anyone who claims to be getting PM's from devs, include this in your fix list; MAKE THE GAME END WHEN A TEAM SCORES 3 MISSION POINTS. The game should end there. No reason to fight a losing battle.

This has been added as an option, but for some reason none of the official servers use it.

Added myself to the spreadsheet. It's crazy that I don't see any gaffers from the Killzone 2 days on that list.

(I didn't play with gaf in those days, but still.)

This has been added as an option, but for some reason none of the official servers use it.

Yeah, the way the official Warzones are set up are not that great. But we get to make custom Warzones, set things up the way we like it. I think the only problem is that the custom Warzones aren't easily accessible, judging by how some people didn't know "ALL WARZONES" in the menu is a button that can be pressed.

*i don't have a PS4 yet, but these are my observations from reading GAF and watching a ton of videos.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
MP gives me a headache. I play a lot of FPS and this has never happened before. Played the campaign for hours no problem but the FXAA blur and fake motion blur make the game hard on the eyes. The constantly fluctuating framerate doesn't help either. Is the FoV smaller than SP?

Grinchy

Banned
MP gives me a headache. I play a lot of FPS and this has never happened before. Played the campaign for hours no problem but the FXAA blur and fake motion blur make the game hard on the eyes. The constantly fluctuating framerate doesn't help either. Is the FoV smaller than SP?

I like the MP a lot but I find that I've gotten a headache every time I've played it for a couple hours. At first I thought I was just getting a random headache while playing, but it must be the game.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, I added myself to the excel sheet. Please add me! I have a mic and I'm ready to roll with a GAF party!

Well, I just had my save file get corrupted after playing MP with y'all tonight. Luckily I wasn't too far into campaign, and all the MP stuff is on a server somewhere.

I would've lost my shit if my level 370 something character would've lost everything.

Top Bottom