• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Is there a place in the menus to see what each unlock needs? The menu system is so convoluted I really have not messed around with it.
Yeah, bring up your career in the multiplayer menu and you can go into your class loadouts and select any of the locked items to see the challenges needed to unlock it.

jet1911

Played my first couple of MP matches. Got my ass kicked like the noob I am lol.

I like it so far, really different than BF4. I just need to learn the map and not run around like a headless chicken. Also this game is the most inconsistent "60fps" game ever. Holy crap the framerate is all over the place.

X-Frame

Just a little friendly reminder to all those that place Spawn Beacons, the direction that you are facing when you place the Beacon is the same direction that you and teammates will spawn facing. At first, I thought it would be to the left, since that is where the antenna's are facing, but it's actually the same direction.

So if you face a wall when you place the beacon, you'll face that same wall when you spawn.

ETA: 2 hours for the GAF party. I'm excite.

1459853_10151996789615100_1487011152_n.jpg

It's time to rise against the VSA scum!

Just a little friendly reminder to all those that place Spawn Beacons, the direction that you are facing when you place the Beacon is the same direction that you and teammates will spawn facing. At first, I thought it would be to the left, since that is where the antenna's are facing, but it's actually the same direction.

So if you face a wall when you place the beacon, you'll face that same wall when you spawn.

Good to know! The spawn grenade in KZ2 was the same, right? Been a while since I played it.

I wish melee would get nerfed a bit. Starting to feel like CoD where CQC is completely about melee.

Speaking of which, I.miss the KZ3 eye gouge.

Also, Great call getting rid of Honor Ribbons, GG.

awful idea, and it would have absolutely watered down and polluted the gunplay/gameplay experience

I'm about to head on, would love an invite if anyone has a party running.

PSN: TJ-ramirez

I'll send you in an invite in a sec. Trying to get back up to where I was in SP before my save file was corrupted.

There's one full GAF party already. Starting another if anyone else wants to join.
Add me: kilgoreisdead

EDIT:
FULL

Fracas

#fuckonami
I kind of want to join you dudes, but I'm on a campus connection and apparently my NAT is closed - voice chat might not work.

Grinchy

Banned
Did anyone else just get an 85mb update? Taking the longest time to download for some reason.

Yeah that took forever for me. I had my PS4 in standby at the time, and it didn't seem to start downloading it until I woke it back up. I thought it would automatically do updates in standby? Unless I just happened to start my PS4 up the exact moment that the patch was available to download...

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I'm probably going to try this again tonight or tomorrow. My couple of rounds didn't go well over the weekend. Can anyone explain to me the revive system? It seems like after I down a guy, filling him with more and more rounds just gives me hitmarkers. Do you need to do a Gears of War style execution move or something?

Baliis

I'm probably going to try this again tonight or tomorrow. My couple of rounds didn't go well over the weekend. Can anyone explain to me the revive system? It seems like after I down a guy, filling him with more and more rounds just gives me hitmarkers. Do you need to do a Gears of War style execution move or something?

As far as I can tell, you just need to down them, then they can stay down for a while and hope someone comes by to revive them or respawn. I don't know how long you can wait for a revive though,

Does anyone else think the support turrets that hover in the air are too powerful or am I just being a pansy? I feel like they shouldn't be in there at all. Any thoughts?

DoomGyver

Does anyone else think the support turrets that hover in the air are too powerful or am I just being a pansy? I feel like they shouldn't be in there at all. Any thoughts?

Support class has a lock on grenade attachment. Auto locks and most air support can be taken out in one hit.

torontoml

I like it but I find I can't play how I want a lot, nobody seems to put down spawns, so that tends to be what I play as most just so our team has a fighting chance.

_Isaac

I like it but I find I can't play how I want a lot, nobody seems to put down spawns, so that tends to be what I play as most just so our team has a fighting chance.

So you don't like support? How do you prefer to play? Maybe you can play support for a bit and drop a spawn beacon in a good spot, and then if you get killed off you can come back as an Assault class or whatever you prefer and your spawn beacon stays put. I thought it was going to be like TF2 where any turret or spawn beacon would die once you switch classes.

Guys how are the maps in this one? KZ2 maps were some of the best designed MP maps but KZ3 were not so good. I hope we get KZ2 maps DLC.

Grinchy

Banned

I hate them when I'm playing as assault or scout, obviously. I think they are ok when I'm support. And I like them a lot when I'm the one putting them on the map.

Helscream

Banned
I never really rant, but this peer to peer stuff is killing me. I really thought when they said Killzone would be running on dedicated servers I thought they really meant it. There were multiple occausions when I shot someone in the head and they killed me. Then 3 seconds later it says "Helscream headshot [insert username]. Or the moment I notice a player in that instant I just fall to the ground. I really love multiplayer to death, but this peer-2-peer shit needs to go. I mean its pretty fucked when you stick someone with a limpet grenade have it detonate only for them to turn around and headshot you then die from the explosion.

I'm beginning to really get sucked into the multi. So far I'm really liking the maps and the support abilities are really cool.

Always looking for more GAF people to play with, all of the parties on my friends list are usually full. ID is Tom-ocil.

Just starting to get into the MP for Shadow Fall. First and foremost, got damn the visuals are simply stunning. I can't believe this is the level of graphics we can expect from a launch game in online mp.

Second, love the gunplay and my favourite game type is team deathmatch, I'm not a fan of Warzone unfortunately. Wonder what other cool game types people can come up with.

Top Bottom