• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

GG brother.

This OHK sniper and teleport is wildly OP, lol.

Yeah, that LS70 is deadly.

Indeed. Twas fun times tonight. Gaf on Gaf crime has never been better.

Dat GAF 7v7.

I got booted at the last minute but that was good stuff.

Good stuff, lol.

Seems like 7v7 classic warzone is not enough to contain us all, suggestion that someone makes a 24 player gaf warzone?

Can't wait to get in on this!

Also, just read on Reddit that a patch was released to fix crashes. Can anyone confirm? GG's site and forum give me nothing.

12v12 GAF would be nuts.

zedge

Man do I suck at mp. Good thing I can build turrets to get kills. Something is just weird with the aiming for me. Like it jumps all over. And when you zoom there is so much muzzle flash and movement I can't even see who I'm shooting at anymore. :/

Good games tonight everyone. That was a lot of fun. GAF vs GAF warzone is damn fun, even if I was extra terrible tonight. Look forward to doing it again.

Played maybe 4 warzones and a deathmatch just now. Really fun. I stuck to Support 90% of the time.

Does Support unlock the Rumbler at some point? Tried that with Assault and I really liked it.

You guys gonna do another gaf night again?

Tomorrow! I'll start sending out invites around 6PM PST. 100% positive I can start it on time this time :p

The GAF on GAF violence will be streamed as well! Couldn't get it up earlier since we got in a game kind of late, and when we did - I was too engrossed against GAF members that I forgot I had the software up and ready.

torontoml

So you don't like support? How do you prefer to play? Maybe you can play support for a bit and drop a spawn beacon in a good spot, and then if you get killed off you can come back as an Assault class or whatever you prefer and your spawn beacon stays put. I thought it was going to be like TF2 where any turret or spawn beacon would die once you switch classes.
It's not that I don't like it, but I really wish other people would use it sometimes, so when my spawn disappears there is at least another one somewhere. When other people are using them I tend to switch between assault with the speed boost during TDM and beacon retrieval. And use the support during the other modes. Would also like to use the other support abilities but I don't really get a chance to.

Also the match making I think is a little screwed up. I was playing earlier with a group of people that were not very good, I was consistently #1 for my team and top 3 in the game and after 2 or 3 games like that I was switched to the team with the two guys who were also in the top 3.

torontoml

Tomorrow! I'll start sending out invites around 6PM PST. 100% positive I can start it on time this time :p

The GAF on GAF violence will be streamed as well! Couldn't get it up earlier since we got in a game kind of late, and when we did - I was too engrossed against GAF members that I forgot I had the software up and ready.
If I could get in on this that would be cool, PSN is the same as here.

Edit: sorry for the double post.

It'll be tough for me to join most GAF games since I live in Japan, but if you guys play Friday or Saturday nights I could join those.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!

I'd love one, psn is kgp11

If I could get in on this that would be cool, PSN is the same as here.

Edit: sorry for the double post.

I'd love one, psn is kgp11

Send me a friend request. My PSN is: earvcunanan

It'll be tough for me to join most GAF games since I live in Japan, but if you guys play Friday or Saturday nights I could join those.

Yep, I can set one up for Friday nights (also Thursday nights if anyone is available).

Conezays

Hey guys, feel free to add me! Would be stoked to play with some of you guys!

PSN: swallowthechunk

Edit: Added my name to the Google spreadsheet.

Cheers!

Played maybe 4 warzones and a deathmatch just now. Really fun. I stuck to Support 90% of the time.

Does Support unlock the Rumbler at some point? Tried that with Assault and I really liked it.

Anyone know the answer to this? Love the Rumbler as well, but unfortunately I also like the support class...

The one night we get massive GAF v GAF violence I'm being distracting left and right by real life, and PSN decides to start acting crazy kicking people out of parties, and refusing to let me back in.

Kicked due to idle count = 2
Kicked from party and not allowed back in count = 3

Double you tee eff

pretty disappointed with the multiplayer. the framerate does not look like it's at 60fps like the devs said, and it gets all blurry whenever you move.

but the singleplayer is gorgeous. the artstyle, all the cool sci-fi environments. really makes you think what future games like Deus Ex or Dishonored will pull off.

IndustryX

Hey invite me to a gaf game if anyone wants to! I'm on KZSF every night! Industryx-- I love the rumbler assault class but I strap on the support to place the spawn beacons if need be

The one night we get massive GAF v GAF violence I'm being distracting left and right by real life, and PSN decides to start acting crazy kicking people out of parties, and refusing to let me back in.

Kicked due to idle count = 2
Kicked from party and not allowed back in count = 3

Double you tee eff

I joined your lobby and think we played 1 or 2 games. Were you there for The Forest TDM? Those guys were spawn trapped to hell and back, lol.

Just got done with a Park TDM where I got a 10 kill streak. Feels good, man

ref

Had a great night with the GAF crew. The GAF vs GAF games were great.

Oh, and something about The Divide, Nickelback, Bushes, Getting knocked down but getting back up again... missing lots, but pretty hilarious night.

Gotta do this again soon.

I joined your lobby and think we played 1 or 2 games. Were you there for The Forest TDM? Those guys were spawn trapped to hell and back, lol.

Just got done with a Park TDM where I got a 10 kill streak. Feels good, man

Yeah there were spawn traps all night, it was really rough for the opposing teams when there were 6-7 GAFfers in a squad. I kind of felt bad......not really but really

I think Guerrilla should implement a spawn rotation in situations like that to at least give the other team a chance. It's not that difficult to lock all the alternate routes down with a few good players, shields, turrets, and spawn beacons.

GodofWine

The multiplayer population in this game is abysmal all considered.

The install base of the ps4 is abysmal...all things considered ... This game didn't sell 15 million copies in a day like Blops2 because the game is playable in one country and on less than a million consoles likely. A few thousand players peak right now is not bad. This will probably quadruple in a few months as people get consoles, Europe joins in and Xmas happens

I fell asleep and missed the fun..played one game at 9:30 to warm up and couldn't keep my eyes open. Tonight!!!

Ryuuga

Banned
This will probably quadruple in a few months as people get consoles, Europe joins in and Xmas happens

Yeah, I know CoD and BF are FPS giants nor would it even come within spitting distance of the population those communities garner, but it's not even 'a few thousands' that's about right where I thought it would be 'all things considered'. I suppose if they pushed the game back to avoid having a FPS-heavy launch that would've left people with a practically anemic launch library. Waiting on Europe to fill out the numbers, but it's unfortunate when you have a party ready and it makes up a decent percentage of the overall players.

Aren't there spawn grenades ?
No just spawn beacons that absolutely nobody uses lol. I always try to run support because everyone online just runs Assault and Recon classes. The equipment is a big detraction for me personally. Shields, turrets, spawn beacons and drones seem to do more harm than good, IMHO.

Ryuuga

Banned
No just spawn beacons that absolutely nobody uses lol. I always try to run support because everyone online just runs Assault and Recon classes. The equipment is a big detraction for me personally. Shields, turrets, spawn beacons and drones seem to do more harm than good, IMHO.

The Killzone twitter page just put out a favorite class poll and described the support class the same way I would "versatile". That said, most would rather play offensively which is why teamwork often breaks down without communication.

Last night, we were discussing in the party chat if the announcer was saying "retrieve the bacon" instead of beacon. Had some laughs about that, and I kept saying that I'll place spawn bacons to help the team out haha.

Requiem173

Neo Member
Last night, we were discussing in the party chat if the announcer was saying "retrieve the bacon" instead of beacon. Had some laughs about that, and I kept saying that I'll place spawn bacons to help the team out haha.

Yeah for a while our party chat was basically nothing but "bacon" and "Kilgore's grenade launcher is OP." lol.

Strider

LOL.

I missed out on the Gaf games last night but I'm up to play tonight. I just sent you a friend request.

X-Frame

Shadow Fall Sundays? I want to play with GAF too, and just hear someone speak!

Also, what is everyone's favorite endgame finisher? Personally, I enjoy the Kick In The Nuts, haha.

Yeah, I know CoD and BF are FPS giants nor would it even come within spitting distance of the population those communities garner, but it's not even 'a few thousands' that's about right where I thought it would be 'all things considered'. I suppose if they pushed the game back to avoid having a FPS-heavy launch that would've left people with a practically anemic launch library. Waiting on Europe to fill out the numbers, but it's unfortunate when you have a party ready and it makes up a decent percentage of the overall players.
It's alright since kz is not a yearly franchise, so I expect a lot more people to come into it when they get bored of CoD/BF, plus the game will get cheaper and more accessible to people as time goes by.

Ryuuga

Banned
It's alright since kz is not a yearly franchise, so I expect a lot more people to come into it when they get bored of CoD/Bf plus the game will get cheaper abd more accessible to people as time goes by.

Yeah I'm new to this franchise, so I guess I wasn't sure what to expect coming from Battlefield which I primarily play. I'm in for the long haul though, had a few fun GAF games where we pretty much steamrolled to the point of ignoring the objectives to get kills.

Then there is this gem where we had trouble finding a team to play against so we tried killing each other: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=550155201735717&l=7898689101543338956

We encoutered a bit of it last night, but you're right I guess I'm just yearning for more to experience this MP, it's really quite good.

JB1981

Oh man, they went back to the beacons? Do they work the same as KZ3?

Yeah I'm new to this franchise, so I guess I wasn't sure what to expect coming from Battlefield which I primarily play. I'm in for the long haul though, had a few fun GAF games where we pretty much steamrolled to the point of ignoring the objectives to get kills.

Then there is this gem where we had trouble finding a team to play against so we tried killing each other: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=550155201735717&l=7898689101543338956

We encoutered a bit of it last night, but you're right I guess I'm just yearning for more to experience this MP, it's really quite good.

I just noticed, but I can't seem to be able to view any facebook videos lol.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I should play with you guys sometime. I suck hard and MP gives me a headache but I want to get in on some GAF KZ action.

Top Bottom