• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Damn that map looks good.

I made a tour of that map.

Btw, everyone post a screenshot of your stats! Mine aren't that great, but at least I've retrieved 5 bacons.

7XtSf1K.png

Cool, I was looking everywhere in-game to see how many points I've accumulated but for some reason, it's nowhere to be found. I just wanted to see my progress towards the gold trophy lol. This will be coming in handy.

I need to get my W/L and K/D back up - something to challenge myself with to try and get better and play smarter. Also, at the rate I'm going it'll probably take me 95 more hours of MP to get the 1 million points trophy.

Strider

Honestly, I do WAY better without aim assist. I find it to be more fair too.

Oh it's definitely more fair and I enjoy how this is different than other FPS games and the lack of aim assist is a big reason why... But switching between this and BF4 really screws with my aiming. After playing BF4 I'll put this game in and my aim will be all over the place lol

Oh man, they went back to the beacons? Do they work the same as KZ3?
Not at all. Instead of being placed at set locations like in KZ3, they are an ability of the support class and he can drop it down anywhere like spawn grenades in KZ2. However I believe they disappear faster and the enemy can destroy them.

Last nights games were insane! I was part of the squad that played 24-player TDM. My name is RJN on the PSN. Other gaffers feel free to add me! I typically play support and I revive a ton.

YGvW3EV.png

There's my awful stats. I'm pretty sure I had at least a 1 K/D ratio before last night. I just couldn't kill anyone during the GAF matches. You guys are too good. I'll be on again tonight so hopefully some more GAF games are going on.

LtOrange

Has anyone used those FPS Freak attachments on the DS4? Wondering how well they work before I order a pair. They might help with my atrocious accuracy.

Raymo

I've come in first at least 5 times. I wish there was a stat for that. Anyway, I'm looking for more people to play with. I really want to play in a party of 8 people and really coordinate. Add me: alias2k9.

9YZXnxy.png

added myself to the spreadsheet. I play mostly at night. Gonna be off for 2 weeks soon once my kid is born. Gonna be a lot of blowing shit up soon.

Respect

Added my name to the spreadsheet as well.

Hit me up if your looking for a support trooper!

PSN: Wrecked-One
EST

Splitting time between this and warframe currently

I have yet to jump into KZ:SF MP (just beat the campaign last night). Any consensus on the best levels to play online? I've read that The Spire is pretty awesome...

BizzyBum

The Wall is legendarily bad.

And GG needs to drag their UI designer out onto the street and hang him. These are some of the worst and most confusing menus I have ever seen. Can you even see how you and your team are doing on the fly?

Apparently I really like melee kills. I don't even feel like i do it that much.
I really don't know how I have that many.

Screen%20Shot%202013-11-20%20at%201.00.49%20PM.png

Did anyone record the GAF on GAF matches last night? I wish I would've.

And GG needs to drag their UI designer out onto the street and hang him. These are some of the worst and most confusing menus I have ever seen. Can you even see how you and your team are doing on the fly?

Press the touchpad during a match to bring up the current scoreboard. GG definitely needs to address the UI in a future patch, though. Like, take out the information about the Warzone options before starting a game. Put up more useful information like the number of players in the game, their stats, etc.

Apparently I really like melee kills. I don't even feel like i do it that much.
I really don't know how I have that many.

Screen%20Shot%202013-11-20%20at%201.00.49%20PM.png

Did anyone record the GAF on GAF matches last night? I wish I would've.

Wasn't able to, but I will record whatever happens later tonight.

Vekta is our home!

I have yet to jump into KZ:SF MP (just beat the campaign last night). Any consensus on the best levels to play online? I've read that The Spire is pretty awesome...

They're all really great and serve up a good deal of diversity. The Divide is a GAF classic.

The Park is my personal favorite. Love going in and out of bushes.

ref

They're all really great and serve up a good deal of diversity. The Divide is a GAF classic.

The Park is my personal favorite. Love going in and out of bushes.

Approaching from the rear is a good strategy to get those who hide in the bushes.

Yeah, it would have been nice to see those GAF vs GAF games recorded, they were great fun.

In terms of map, I like The Wall and Park the best.

Menus are quite awkward. I was 3 days in before I realized you had to push the touch pad button down to see the score screen.

As for what your team is doing, it really depends on the mode. Regarding general scoring and leaderboards in the current match, press the touchpad button down at any time to see that information.

For who's winning/losing, there's a color bar at the top of the screen that grows as objectives are completed in a given mode. So for the CTF mode (the beacon capturing) for example, you'll see the green/red bar grow with each successful capture. You see the bar grow for all modes in a way appropriate for said mode. It works for most modes.

Where it fails is for TDM. To me, TDM is a mode about specifics. You need to know specifically how many kills ahead or behind your team is so you know how to approach the last few minutes of a match. The way it's currently set up, you have to guesstimate how far behind or ahead you may be. It's a totally unacceptable approach.

There should be numbers displayed for TDM. Period.

Scoring should not be rounded (I suspect they are given the number of draws I've seen in TDM).

In terms of map, I like The Wall and Park the best.

I didn't even know it was possible to like The Wall.

Man, the maps in this game remind me why I keep coming back to this franchise, Every single map seems solid, doesnt break with different mission types, and they look terrific. I still have yet to pop in my copy of BF4 (which is fine given how broken I hear it is) and have been really enjoying dropping turrets and reviving my allies. Hope that the player base keeps growing : )

Top Bottom