• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

BizzyBum

Only 4 hours, feel like I played longer. lol

S94N58z.png

GG has the worst menu designers in the biz. They brought back that moving menu garbage from KZ2, plus nothing is organized in a logical manner. It took me minutes just to find custom warzones.

Yeah it's really bad.

The game has great gameplay, but the infrastructure and UI are total shit.

Just keep it basic, clean, readable...not stylized and offset for no apparent reason, with absurdly small text.

They should fire whoever is doing the UI for their games because it really is atrocious.

Ilive1up

are there lobbies?

the lack of voice chat is really bad. hopefully they patch that in.

i really like the multiplayer, i'm just always on a losing team. i've only won 1 match out of probably 15 or so. still fun.

BizzyBum

It's too bad GG are so terrible at implementing online features. I've always enjoyed the unique feel Killzone MP had, but they always drop the ball supporting it.

_Isaac

Too bad I can't join you guys. System Software Update is going to take seven hours.

Also my stats are ridiculously low, so I think I'll refrain from posting those. :p

Now I understand why this game franchise isn't huge. Multiplayer isn't much fun, even when you're winning. It doesn't have that smooth feel like in Battlefield or Call of Duty. It's boring, more so than the campaign.

Good games, y'all. Got lots of stuff recorded, and some hilarious chatter went through on the recording as well. Won't get it uploaded until tomorrow night.

.GqueB.

Banned
So much better at this game than BF4. Very different experiences, both fun.
Thankfully this is the first post I saw. Planning on trading in BF4 for killzone tomorrow. The SP is pretty boring and I suck at the MP. Just horrible.

What makes killzone easier/better? Curious.

ref

Good games everyone tonight.

I'll be on tomorrow probably a bit later evening, depends when I get off work. See you guys then. If there's no parties around or they are full, I'll create one and post here.

EDIT: Never mind, shift got moved!

EDIT 2: Never never mind =(

Thankfully this is the first post I saw. Planning on trading in BF4 for killzone tomorrow. The SP is pretty boring and I suck at the MP. Just horrible.

What makes killzone easier/better? Curious.

Dunno about easier since there is no auto aim, but Killzone MP has all weapons unlocked at the start, though many are class specific. Gun attachments are unlocks, but not with XP. You must complete challenges to unlock stuff (similar to BF3 assignments). Also, all MP maps will be free, unlike BF's map packs/Premium. There is a Season Pass, but that's for a co-op horde mode and extra maps for that mode; MP stuff is also included (not maps, maybe new guns or classes).

MP isn't a single mode, either (like Conquest or Rush) Rather, Warzones are dynamic and can change modes very few minutes or so (from search and destroy to tdm to king of the hill, etc), all on a single map. Of course, players can make Custom Warzones and tweak the game to their liking and even keep it at one mode (TDM, for example) if they wish.

But Shadow Fall does have some negatives: no native in-game chat (only party chat works), and menus are not really great. Hopefully the devs address these issues soon. Still, the pros outweigh the cons and if you want an experience different from Battlefield, Killzone is awesome! A lot of people loved Killzone 2's MP and are comparing this game's MP to it. Beautiful graphics and animations, class based gameplay, guns feel satisfying to use.

Watch earvcunanan's YouTube videos to see the game in action: http://www.youtube.com/user/earvcunanan

It was the chemistry, man. We were all new teammates and we needed to gel.

After the Nickelback sing-a-long, we went on a winning streak. Nickelback fueled us.

After the Nickelback sing-a-long, we went on a winning streak. Nickelback fueled us.

Haha. I don't really care. The team ref and I were playing with last night played The Divide like 7 times so I'm just giving everyone who was playing with us last night a hard time.

So I never really snipe in multiplayer shooters but I started playing around with the Fors tonight and...good god that gun is satisfying. Did really well with it and had some fun sniper battles with these guys that were spawn trapped on Forest. Emergency Teleport is so fun to use with it, like pressing a "NOPE" button when you round a corner into a dude.

Also the Punt pistol is like, the hidden best thing about Scout class. Just wish the Spoor wasn't so...poor. Though I nailed some good kills with the alt fire tonight. It's really good in that mode, just a downer that burst mode sucks so much ass.

ref

Fors is great to play with, too bad it makes me not want to play the objective, rather just sit back and snipe...

But seriously, I can't say it enough, the Rumbler is the best gun in MP hands down.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wow, this finally clicked for me tonight. I still can't play it for too long because of the headaches but goddamn it feels good when you have a good team. Every kill is so satisfying too.

Captain N

I'm enjoying it, but don't remember Killzone 3 MP being so slow. Am I remembering correctly or was that just as slow?

Well, its official. Im the suckieest suck that's ever sucked, also, I have terrible freaking luck. So for my first night, I ended with a sub .6 KDR and won 3 or 4 out of 15 games. I have no idea how the hell I end up losing that many games joining random matches.

I will perceiver though. I just need to find a gun that I like. Im really really missing the m82 and proxy mines. What gun is closest to the m82? I think the m55 is too fast and too inaccurate, or maybe I just suck.

Hermii

Yeah it's really bad.

The game has great gameplay, but the infrastructure and UI are total shit.

Just keep it basic, clean, readable...not stylized and offset for no apparent reason, with absurdly small text.

They should fire whoever is doing the UI for their games because it really is atrocious.

GAF solution whenever they dont like something: Fire somebody.

This is what I love about playing with GAF, that kind of weird shit.

Like, playing hide-and-go-seek, or melee only against randoms in U2; and everyone humping the ground in a pile at the end of a match in MGO. :D

...I need a PS4!

Where the hell is everyone? It was like 250 people online when I jumped on earlier

Peak time for this game is in the evening it seems. Can't wait until it launches in Europe on the 29th - the player base should definitely increase by then. Killzone is really popular in Europe, right?

This is what I love about playing with GAF, that kind of weird shit.

Like, playing hide-and-go-seek, or melee only against randoms in U2; and everyone humping the ground in a pile at the end of a match in MGO. :D

...I need a PS4!

Whenever you get one, we'll be here. GAF nights are going to be a regular thing =D

Aw yeah, GAF clan incoming?

xlFaPLi.png

X-Frame

I wish I was able to stay on last night for some GAF games, I played 1 game and could barely keep my eyes open so it was an early night for me.

I'll definitely be able to play more this weekend, and I suspect the same for a lot of others here.

Respect

Didn't run with the Neogaf crew, but I personally had some good games last night and its starting to click.

Admittedly the last time I ever played a FPS extensively for MP was Battefield
. I therefore don't have the fatigue of many FPS pros out there, but don't have the skill either, still fun as heck playing as support knowing I can at least contribute spawn points and rezzes if nothing else!

torontoml

LKJuLdH.png

So, only 30-50 people play 24-player Warzone every day...
Didn't get any invites last night. You did add me as a friend, games must have been full I guess.

I saw after I got off that other people had stuff going too, are there usual people who get partys going that I should add as friends?

Didn't get any invites last night. You did add me as a friend, games must have been full I guess.

I saw after I got off that other people had stuff going too, are there usual people who get partys going that I should add as friends?

I saw you on, but I thought you were already playing with GAF. I should have sent an invite or something. I was having problems with PSN last night though. The party chat menu wouldn't load for me and I tried join some games through my friends list, but it was taking forever to join so I just played some AC4. After I was done playing that I tried the party chat menu again and it loaded so it must have been a short PSN hiccup for me.

You bring up a good question though toro. What is the best way to go about joining up with GAFers? Should we just hop into a party chat if there's a spot open or should we post here first to see if there's games going on and try to get an invite?

Send me a message on PSN and then post on here. Our group was full last night, but there were other GAF members who wanted to play as well. I could help you link with others and we could potentially have another GAF on GAF match like the other day.

GodofWine

If I ever manage to not fall asleep at 9:30 (I got little kids) I will play with GAF yet.

Im apparently missing chasing after bacon while singing nickleback...soooo good.

The Voltage is awesome. One burst to kill an enemy, two for a nano shield, and it's pretty fast at killing sentries and turrets too. Why do I see so little people using this?

Top Bottom