• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Grinchy

Banned
LKJuLdH.png

So, only 30-50 people play 24-player Warzone every day...

I don't think it helps that they offer no description of what each playlist actually is.

For example, I had no idea there was a 24-player Warzone...

GodofWine

LKJuLdH.png

So, only 30-50 people play 24-player Warzone every day...

its number of people online at that moment, not in a 24hr period.

They should also list how many unique players are active in the last 24hrs, it would make people feel better.

If from 3pm to 12am EST there are 1000-2000 people, and a normal person plays an hour, thats 9000-18000 people.

Doesnt COD give a 24hr number where it says 'players online'?

hell, i played warhawk for years with less than 1000 players online EVER and it was the highpoint of my gaming fun.

torontoml

The Voltage is awesome. One burst to kill an enemy, two for a nano shield, and it's pretty fast at killing sentries and turrets too. Why do I see so little people using this?
I prefer the mini gun when I'm playing the defensive support role, I find it's easier for me to hit my target. Though the no crouching and not being able to melee are kind of shitty.

X-Frame

The Voltage is awesome. One burst to kill an enemy, two for a nano shield, and it's pretty fast at killing sentries and turrets too. Why do I see so little people using this?

I disliked it when I first tried it. The delay for the bursts to hit the target, plus the long scoping animation put me off it.

It wasn't until I realized you could easily and accurately fire it from the hip (or shoulder more accurately) that I really started to notice its usefulness, especially with running and gunning, firing into a group and watching people die quickly.

I still don't know how much, if at all, splash damage it produces because it seems to do very little and requires you to actually hit the enemy, but I agree it seems to be underrated right now as everyone picks the Minigun for heavier firepower.

IndustryX

I'm enjoying it, but don't remember Killzone 3 MP being so slow. Am I remembering correctly or was that just as slow?

Spawn beacons people!! The lack of use of these drives me insane in mp, one of the reasons I need to play with a party. in game chat needs to happen so we can at least coordinate what bomb/c+h point to go after.

Also support revives help a lot to to get you back in the action quick, just hope your support are smart enough to revive you. Another reason for chat (I need a medic!)

Add in game voice, clans and maybe a squad type idea and this game won't leave my ps4 until infamous.

So, I firmly expected to like KZ multiplayer, but after putting some more time into it last night, I've come to the conclusion that I do no like it. The speed at which you move vs the speed at which you die seems totally off to be (Off from my expectations). Much like CoD or Battlefield, it seems like the time between putting someone in your sights, and someone dying is very quick, and it means using powers or doing a lot of evading is largely useless. No doubt there are players who have learned to balance this, but I went from being good at and enjoying KZ2, to finding myself dead in moments in KZ:SF (Much like other twitch shooters). This is extremely disappointing to me.

I picked up KZ because I hoped it would be different from the myriad other generic shooters on the market, but instead, I feel like I walked right back into the same game type I've been attempting to avoid. Anyone else feeling similar woes?

hell, i played warhawk for years with less than 1000 players online EVER and it was the highpoint of my gaming fun.

God, I miss that game. It was such an awesome mix of things. Is BF4 anything like warhawk? It seems like the closest thing. Oh, and the sound in that game... I haven't been able to crank up KZ yet, but Im waiting for some alone time to do it.

GodofWine

God, I miss that game. It was such an awesome mix of things. Is BF4 anything like warhawk? It seems like the closest thing. Oh, and the sound in that game... I haven't been able to crank up KZ yet, but Im waiting for some alone time to do it.

I think that Planetside 2 is going to be the best next gen warhawk fix for warhawk junkies. BF4 is fun as hell..but its best game mode is broken. Get it used in a few months.

KZ audio is great but it needs some ambiance from characters yelling or music whenstuff unlocks or game is running out of time

Respect

Spawn beacons people!! The lack of use of these drives me insane in mp, one of the reasons I need to play with a party. in game chat needs to happen so we can at least coordinate what bomb/c+h point to go after.

Also support revives help a lot to to get you back in the action quick, just hope your support are smart enough to revive you. Another reason for chat (I need a medic!)

Add in game voice, clans and maybe a squad type idea and this game won't leave my ps4 until infamous.

This is one of my gripes honestly because to unlock certain perks, I must use a air drone and turret to get the sufficient number of kills, but most of the time I would much rather use the beacon. Feel like I'm gimping my team just to unlock an item I want, and thats just one example.

I've browsed through and seen other items I want to unlock, but the changes to loadout and playstyle I have to adapt feel like I'm not using my class to its fulliest potential.

X-Frame

This is one of my gripes honestly because to unlock certain perks, I must use a air drone and turret to get the sufficient number of kills, but most of the time I would much rather use the beacon. Feel like I'm gimping my team just to unlock an item I want, and thats just one example.

I've browsed through and seen other items I want to unlock, but the changes to loadout and playstyle I have to adapt feel like I'm not using my class to its fulliest potential.

I do feel this way too, especially for abilities that don't level up at all, like the Teleport abilities or Speed Boost.

I think the Teleport is the best ability for the Scout but I "need" to level up the Cloak and Stun Drone. Same with the Support Teleport which I think is fun and helpful for the team.

Some abilities will take quite a while to reach Level XI. For GAF games I will use whatever needed to win, but for random matches I'll use that to level abilities and weapons up I suppose.

I've been branching out with the Fors, Keyzer, and the Pulver with nice success. I'm also trying to plant some beacons as well because I rarely see players that do.

But man, I do not understand why I can't find any luck with the Sickle shotgun. It feels very inconsistent to me, yet a ton of people use it really well. Hell, I'm not even one to use snipers in other shooters, but I have been enjoying the Fors.

Conezays

Started making my way through adding you guys on the spreadsheet, haha.

Anyone else bothered by the fact that you can't see the scoreboard mid-game?

Hopped on quick last night to play a team deathmatch warzone match. Man, people are really spamming the shit out of those flying drones.

Good thing they don't have too much health, one missile or a 3rd of your ammo clip (automatic rifle or SMG) should take care of it.

I've been branching out with the Fors, Keyzer, and the Pulver with nice success. I'm also trying to plant some beacons as well because I rarely see players that do.

But man, I do not understand why I can't find any luck with the Sickle shotgun. It feels very inconsistent to me, yet a ton of people use it really well. Hell, I'm not even one to use snipers in other shooters, but I have been enjoying the Fors.

The VC30 is a damn awesome weapon for me, but it is inconsistent at times. The LS70 is a beast too.

I'm just floored by how many medics hover over/run straight past me. I mean WTF!!!

If you're on my team, I will never run past a down teammate. I love reviving - easy points! And my revive drone is leveled up quite high, so I can revive consistently and quickly from a distance.

Started making my way through adding you guys on the spreadsheet, haha.

Anyone else bothered by the fact that you can't see the scoreboard mid-game?

Press the touchpad during a game to access the scoreboard.

My stats after last night's run with GAF:

V2zwO7a.png

Improved W/L ratio, my K/D stayed the same, accuracy improved to 62% and I've now delivered 10 bacons. Almost half-way to 1 million points.

GodofWine

I saw on the shadowfall site where they let you voice suggestions, that they have marked the "voice chat" as a 'planned' update, meaning its happening. Clan support was still marked investigating, but they tweeted that was coming right?

cloak and stab if old.

I saw on the shadowfall site where they let you voice suggestions, that they have marked the "voice chat" as a 'planned' update, meaning its happening. Clan support was still marked investigating, but they tweeted that was coming right?

cloak and stab if old.

Posted it a page back:

xlFaPLi.png

EekTheKat

I'm absolutely awful with any of the sniper kits. 5-10 headshots to unlock items from that kit is going to take me a while.

Flo_Evans

Yeah I am not really feeling the unlocks. I think I am just going to play what I want.

I do wish we could make a "custom" class, why can't my I use my favorite assault rifle with revive ability and stun?

I also wish I could remap the ability to L1 and use down to change weapon mode like single player. I use my ability way more than switching on my flashlight.

Buy Knack they said.
You'll have fun playing with your family they said.

"Let them defuse the bomb and we'll plant it in two minutes. Lets get some kills in the meanwhile."

*Proceed to fail to plant bomb and lose round.*

Lmfao. Some awesome chatter last night.

drproton

Sorry if this has been asked earlier, but do challenges have to take place during a single warzone?

I'm trying to unlock some attachments.

GG has the worst menu designers in the biz. They brought back that moving menu garbage from KZ2, plus nothing is organized in a logical manner. It took me minutes just to find custom warzones.

You got to be kidding me !! Not this again. After KZ2/KZ3 complaints GG is still doing shitty job with menus and making things intuitive.As I said earlier, GG focuses on the tech too much and then forgets about the little things that matter and they get annoying over time due to their idiotic design decisions. Please get some good UI/UX designers in your team. Keep it simple.

ref

I'll be on around 10:00 central/8:00 PST. Work is breaking my balls right now.

I'll get a party going around then if there's not one already up or if it's full.

torontoml

So anyone I should add for games tonight? Going to be playing Ac4 until about 9 est then switching to KZunless Some people get some stuff going earlier.

Party on going for anyone wanting to play a bit of KZ MP.

Room for 4 more.

Add me: Crusocus

I'm about to hop on in a couple minutes. Still got room? I think I have you on my friends list already so I'll jump into your party chat if there's space. PSN is MrJellyBean.

Well i'm glad that i checked this thread because i had no idea that it didn't support voice chat. Hell i thought i just had some setting wrong.

Let's talk Latency artifacts. Are people taking a long time to die like KZ2 or are laggy players killing people with one shot like KZ3? Or is there some new thing happening?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Had a really great game of Warzone with some gaffers but I had to pull out since I have work early. This game is so much better with actual teamwork. It was my first time really getting into Support and I'm digging the class now that I've gotten used to the Pulver.

Had a really great game of Warzone with some gaffers but I had to pull out since I have work early. This game is so much better with actual teamwork. It was my first time really getting into Support and I'm digging the class now that I've gotten used to the Pulver.

Yep, Pulver with Beacons is my go-to Support. It certainly helped with how many people I got to spawn right in the enemy base that match we played. lol

Top Bottom