• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

tfur

I loved the shit out of KZ2 and 3 MP, but SF is without question one of the worst MP shooters I've ever played. The overload of visual noise (over done blur, vignette effects, lens flares, reflections etc...) makes action very difficult to follow and drastically lowers the utility of the more aggressive twitch based class/abilities (specifically all of assault secondary abilities--super sprint, stun bomb, personal drone). This leads to everyone playing (IMO at least) boring, slow, and deliberate games that simply rely on abusing OP'ed abilities like shields, turrets, and revive. I have no idea how they missed the ability of a team to set up turret, air drone, shield, and revive squads outside the exits of the enemies base and just break the game. Some of powers are so comically unbalanced there seems to have been little to no actual play testing. Maybe a few updates in they will sort this stuff out, but man the current version is Bad with a capital B.

I disagree with this. I find it very well balanced, but of course you need people who are willing to use the class abilities.

Everyone can make a difference, and spawn points are the most important.

Is there any way to remap your abilities to the trackpad in multiplayer? I love using the assault class stun ability but I always have to stop moving order order to reach the right button on the d-pad.

X-Frame

Has my first encounter with someone using a Flashlight on their weapon while playing on The Wall -- and holy shit, that thing blinded the hell out of me and I couldn't see anything. Very disorientating.

When I finish up the Incendiary Rounds challenge with the Sickle, I can't wait to use the Flashlight. Definitely is something I'd recommend on pistols too.

Also, this is a video from someone on the Killzone.com forums with some map routes on The Penthouse that I had NO idea about. See the video HERE

_Isaac

I'd like to join in on GAF night today if you guys don't mind having me. I've only been able to play once due to weird timing issues.

PSN: goodface87

Has my first encounter with someone using a Flashlight on their weapon while playing on The Wall -- and holy shit, that thing blinded the hell out of me and I couldn't see anything. Very disorientating.

When I finish up the Incendiary Rounds challenge with the Sickle, I can't wait to use the Flashlight. Definitely is something I'd recommend on pistols too.

Also, this is a video from someone on the Killzone.com forums with some map routes on The Penthouse that I had NO idea about. See the video HERE

Interesting. I don't know if I've encountered anyone with a flashlight yet. I just never thought about it because I figured you'd stand out more.

torontoml

Didn't know about the vent to the middle of the map or the zip lines.
Thanks

Layth

Does need a free for all mode though.

I absolutely agree with this. Free for all is generally my favorite mode in an online shooter, I find it annoying when it's not included. I thought the whole custom Warzones would enable me to make my own free for all but I was sadly mistaken.

Pixels

I really didn't like this at first but now I'm loving it. My only issue is that some of these MP trophies are near impossible as they will take forever.

DoomGyver

I really didn't like this at first but now I'm loving it. My only issue is that some of these MP trophies are near impossible as they will take forever.

The "Jack of all trades" trophy where you need to fully upgrade all class abilities is going to take the longest.

tranciful

I loved the shit out of KZ2 and 3 MP, but SF is without question one of the worst MP shooters I've ever played. The overload of visual noise (over done blur, vignette effects, lens flares, reflections etc...) makes action very difficult to follow and drastically lowers the utility of the more aggressive twitch based class/abilities (specifically all of assault secondary abilities--super sprint, stun bomb, personal drone). This leads to everyone playing (IMO at least) boring, slow, and deliberate games that simply rely on abusing OP'ed abilities like shields, turrets, and revive. I have no idea how they missed the ability of a team to set up turret, air drone, shield, and revive squads outside the exits of the enemies base and just break the game. Some of powers are so comically unbalanced there seems to have been little to no actual play testing. Maybe a few updates in they will sort this stuff out, but man the current version is Bad with a capital B.

Are you playing TDM? I've never encountered spawn camping in the objective-based modes. There's multiple exits and super turrets outside the spawn -- if the enemy can overcome that AND take the objectives, you deserve to lose.

Sounds like you want it to be vanilla as possible. Sounds boring to me, but how bout you create a custom warzone with the settings you want and see if it catches on. Or play CoD/BF4 if you want a bland military shooter so bad.

And I'd love to hear you're logic for how lots of effects on screen make an autonomous drone less useful. It's freaking autonomous.. you don't have to see anything. If anything, it gives it MORE utility because it would be harder for other players to see it.

Can't wait for EuroGAF to get online with this game!

It's sad the player count isn't as high as it should be...but it should steadily increase with PS4 shipments to the end of the year.

Hope Guerrilla has a Clan/Voice/Map Pack Patch out before the end of the year.

Would love to play Salamun market.

That's crazy to me. A million PS4's out there an only 3,000 or so players at any one time?

Only a portion of those millions are going to buy KZ, and only a portion of those that do are going to play the MP on a regular basis.

The game was also stupid to be launched at the same time as CoD and BF4, the two biggest FPS franchises on the market.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Can't wait for EuroGAF to get online with this game!

It's sad the player count isn't as high as it should be...but it should steadily increase with PS4 shipments to the end of the year.

Hope Guerrilla has a Clan/Voice/Map Pack Patch out before the end of the year.

Would love to play Salamun market.
I think the game will gain some steam after the CoD and BF hype dies down a bit and more PS4s are out there.

I think the game will gain some steam after the CoD and BF hype dies down a bit and more PS4s are out there.

Yeah it really should be no surprise that the MP player count hasn't gone up...PS4 has been sold out for nearly two weeks now.

I think having a free map pack before the end of the year could also help some sales as well, just to get some new attention on KZ:SF since we're in a post-launch lull now until next year.

_Isaac

Is there a way to see all the classes on your team? I kinda remember TF2 had something like this so you can immediately see what was lacking on the team or something.

Artorias

Banned
I finally got the last of my unlocks last night. Pistol only games were barely running Friday so I had to wait until yesterday, but I was having a lot of fun. No melee really changes things.

The rhythm of Warzone is just so perfect. I've lost so many hours already.

X-Frame

Someone tell me if I was seeing things ...

but a bit ago I saw some mechanical spider crawl on the ceiling and start to come towards me. I shot it and killed it before it did anything.

Then I could've sworn I saw an enemy throw this somehow. Is this a grenade or something?

Someone tell me if I was seeing things ...

but a bit ago I saw some mechanical spider crawl on the ceiling and start to come towards me. I shot it and killed it before it did anything.

Then I could've sworn I saw an enemy throw this somehow. Is this a grenade or something?

Yeah, it's some annoying spider explosive. I don't like it, I hated them in Resistance too. Just annoying. Luckily, they don't seem to be very popular, and there only seems to be one or two released at a time. It seems so out of place haha.

Anyone unlock the Grenade Launcher? How does it work?

How does the trip mine work? Is it like a claymore? I unlocked the C4 and love punking people in SnD/Capture and Hold.

MazeHaze

Banned
Can someone please tell me how to invite friends? There is an ivitations menu,but when I see a friend and click on tbeir name in the right menu, it doesn't do anything.

Can someone please tell me how to invite friends? There is an ivitations menu,but when I see a friend and click on tbeir name in the right menu, it doesn't do anything.

Start a party chat, and then start a game, and they should be able to "accept".

Alternatively, invite them while already in a game through the Pause menu

Just mowed down a team, had a 12K score... I needa upload the video and show you how excellent I played! of course, the enemy team was just incredibly horrid.

Haint

I'm not having any issues with keeping up with the screen, and find the twitch-based abilities/classes to work out just fine. What exactly is the issue you are having with this?

For example, Assault Sprint puts a blue hue vignette over like 25%+ of the screen-estate, and that's in addition to the permanent slathering of blur, lens flare, bloom, and reflections. Quickly picking out enemies in all that noise is very difficult, which unfortunately leads to most games devolving into camp fests.

Are you playing TDM? I've never encountered spawn camping in the objective-based modes. There's multiple exits and super turrets outside the spawn -- if the enemy can overcome that AND take the objectives, you deserve to lose.

Sounds like you want it to be vanilla as possible. Sounds boring to me, but how bout you create a custom warzone with the settings you want and see if it catches on. Or play CoD/BF4 if you want a bland military shooter so bad.

And I'd love to hear you're logic for how lots of effects on screen make an autonomous drone less useful. It's freaking autonomous.. you don't have to see anything. If anything, it gives it MORE utility because it would be harder for other players to see it.

Yea primarily TDM. Base super turrets won't attack until you're very close to the gates, so teams obviously take to setting up just out of range. It's very difficult for whoever happens to draw the short stick to gain any ground on some of the maps as a couple turrets and players behind shields can hold a base exit for large portions of a match. People do the same thing in objectives, but on a smaller scale and in spells. In regards to visual effects, I wasn't referring to the autonomous drone as much as some of the other abilities, but it does have a very small aggro range and seems to go down in 2 or 3 hits. That would seem to suggest it was intended for more mobile play styles, which is problematic as detailed. FWIW, I don't want a vanilla military shooter. I like the classes and abilities, they just need to be balanced. I don't think I'm the only person to call a lot of this stuff out.

Top Bottom