• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

X-Frame

I think two assists should count as a kill with respect to challenges, or maybe three assists if two seems too little.

For something like the Buddy Drone, that will take forever to max out as things are now. A bunch of the challenges in general just seem like lost causes, with no point in even attempting.

EekTheKat

I think two assists should count as a kill with respect to challenges, or maybe three assists if two seems too little.

For something like the Buddy Drone, that will take forever to max out as things are now. A bunch of the challenges in general just seem like lost causes, with no point in even attempting.

This - 100x this. The weapon/skill leveling game is solo centric while winning the actual match doesn't do much towards unlocking skills and weapons.

Hi guys when will you guys be holding another session? I'm new to Gaf and I'm the only one outta my friends who has a ps4. please add me on psn: Epically3ald

Going to make an unpopular suggestion here : if GG nerfs automatons (turrets and drones) , they need to change how they're leveled so it is ASSISTS OR KILLS and not just KILLS.

Something like, instead of 400 kills to level XI Air Drone, it should be 400 kills OR 600-800 assists. The Assault Buddy Drone, Air Drone, Turret are all too unreliable to get 400 kills legitimately.

Automatons are simply too unreliable as killing mechanisms to level up in a reliable manner. Quite a lot of players are smart enough to deal with them and only more will pick up on how to take care of them the more they play.

My Turret is near Mark X lol. There are a couple too many people that don't even seem like they have played 5 games on the official forums who are already calling for nerfs and buffs. Let's not follow their lead. It doesn't help anyone at this point to make assumptions. Airbots and helper bots are definitely harder but they can be leveled too. My helper bot is level 3 and so is air.

Hint: Warzone and Turrets go well. Minigun +Turret man equals beast man if you can aim and keep that minigun spinning.

Word of advice for those struggling: Forest level and airbots go together like milk and cookies. Level your bot in open spaces with open maps. Larger maps are coming too and maybe some smaller ones.

When your helper bot is trying to get a kill DO NOT overpower it and steal its kill. Hard but you will get the hang of it. Air and helper don't get real until Mark 4 and that will take you some time. These unlocks aren't meant for the first 5 days folks. You need to work to get the top ranks. And even then as long as you get to Mark 4 you are fine. The upgrades just increase or decrease time attributes with bots.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Going to make an unpopular suggestion here : if GG nerfs automatons (turrets and drones) , they need to change how they're leveled so it is ASSISTS OR KILLS and not just KILLS.

Something like, instead of 400 kills to level XI Air Drone, it should be 400 kills OR 600-800 assists. The Assault Buddy Drone, Air Drone, Turret are all too unreliable to get 400 kills legitimately.

Automatons are simply too unreliable as killing mechanisms to level up in a reliable manner. Quite a lot of players are smart enough to deal with them and only more will pick up on how to take care of them the more they play.

The entire situation is reminiscent of Killzone 2. People whined about not being able to level up (unlock ribbon) due to the bots being underpowered, GG fucked it up then made them overpowered, ruining the balance of the game.

The entire situation is reminiscent of Killzone 2. People whined about not being able to level up (unlock ribbon) due to the bots being underpowered, GG fucked it up then made them overpowered, ruining the balance of the game.

Exactly. I am keeping a close watch on official forums. I don't want no facking Uncharted mess or early KZ mess again. Too many people assume stuff and then start going off on tangents that make absolutely no sense. If the designers are not sure of their game then with those combined you get major problems and too many changes. Uncharted has literally just been terrible about this the past two times. Easily the most confused dev for MP I have ever seen.

On the bright side GG simply doesn't really listen anymore to a lot of these people. If you can make logical deductions and informative posts you will at least get listened to on the forums. They watch pretty closely it seems.

Game balance was never there day 1, GG constantly fucked it up and never fixed many of KZ2s balance issues.

Game balance was never there day 1, GG constantly fucked it up and never fixed many of KZ2s balance issues.

KZ2 had horrid gun balance. This game is so much better than 2 in just about every way except I still love the old maps. Everything else hell no. Patches will lead SF over the mountain.

No Love

Banned
Exactly. I am keeping a close watch on official forums. I don't want no facking Uncharted mess or early KZ mess again. Too many people assume stuff and then start going off on tangents that make absolutely no sense. If the designers are not sure of their game then with those combined you get major problems and too many changes. Uncharted has literally just been terrible about this the past two times. Easily the most confused dev for MP I have ever seen.

On the bright side GG simply doesn't really listen anymore to a lot of these people. If you can make logical deductions and informative posts you will at least get listened to on the forums. They watch pretty closely it seems.

Yep agreed. Early Uncharted 2 multiplayer was some of the BEST I've EVER played. It was perfect. They ruined it in later patches and Uncharted 3 sucked as well.

I'd like them to lightly tweak KZ SF but right now it's almost perfect.

Grinchy

Banned
I was really happy to see that they added the 24-player Warzone, but the framerate is so shitty in comparison to the 14 player one that I don't think I'll play it much. It reminds me of people playing 32-player Radec Academy all day long. The framerate sucks and it's just a clusterfuck everywhere you look.

I'd still love to see 8v8 or 9v9 Warzone some day though.

Badgerst3

Man, GAF teams are the best <3

Great games, y'all. Playing in a coordinated group allows me to mess around with different class builds and screw around :p

I don't play much mp anything and it's amazing how much teamwork rules each objective. And I don't have a mic. Good times.

Proud as a medic to revive fellow gaf.

EekTheKat

Did a few 24 man warzones, quite a bit more chaotic than TDM but at least spawn camping doesn't seem as common there. It's nice to shift the entire team focus away from reaching the spawn point and camping there.

and yeah, I've done the "hold off on shooting so my buddy drone can get the kill" - more often than not it winds up with the enemy killing me though, and it seems utterly ridiculous to resort to something like that to leveling it with assist counting - especially when certain skills like Stun just requires you to hit the enemy instead of stun + kill to register towards skill up.

If I ignore how long it takes to level up certain skills, I think I'm more than okay with how the current game plays with my favorite kits/setup.

What sensitivity settings is everyone using? The default 50% is too slow for me, I jacked it up to 70% but still doesn't feel good. Never had an issue in previous KZ games.

Can't wait for december to get some decent maps for the scout.

Cynn

Has anyone else been sharing KZ vids on YT? I've found KZ players in general team play and seem to actually care about objectives and stuff a lot more than your usual COD and BF public players.

Here's a vid of a match on the forest level I did. http://youtu.be/jdfvfX_DO1Q

Air drones covered the objectives, revives were given with regularity and beacon runners were protected/intercepted when at all possible. All in a public game!

I'm telling you the buddy drone does end up working when it gets to level 4. I am not even at level 4 and I can see that it will be helpful to get -2sec on each attribute. It really is just a helper which I know can be disappointing. But it does work with the assault class and support pretty well AFTER you get the hang of the hard part; trying to negotiate who gets the kill. It will cost you a few lives lol getting this down. I mean I have to think sometimes my opponent wonders what the hell I am doing circling him up close without firing many shots! It's my buddy drone guyz!

CDV13

Hey everyone! Grabbing this on Sunday and just wanted to know how the population online is so far? I have BF4 so that and this along with everything else I grabbed will have me set until the indies start rolling in.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
KZ2 had horrid gun balance. This game is so much better than 2 in just about every way except I still love the old maps. Everything else hell no. Patches will lead SF over the mountain.

I want a patch for better gun sounds... D: KZ2 / 3 kick the shit out of the sounds in SF personally. :/

Minto

Starting to get better at this. Stopped playing TDM and switched to warzone which seems much better as your team actually play together instead of going all out for themselves.

Got an epic triple grenade kill earlier as well, love it when everybody groups together!

I want a patch for better gun sounds... D: KZ2 / 3 kick the shit out of the sounds in SF personally. :/

Well, the M82 in KZ2 was terrible. I'd say most of the guns sound pretty decent.

Population is consistently healthy but not huge atm. GG has a lot planned though so you might want to get into this now if you plan on it before everyone is totally leveled.

New maps I think are coming before Christmas.

Ryuuga

Banned
Got an epic triple grenade kill earlier as well, love it when everybody groups together!

ps4-share-button.jpg

I was planning on trading this in, having spent an awful hour or so on the single player and finding it, well, utterly crap. Decided to give multiplayer a quick go first, and glad I'm did. Really enjoying it. Definitely had the Killzone 2 MP vibe going on, and it's a welcome change of pace after a frantic Battlefield 4 match.

Will need to put more time into it, but so far, really enjoying multiplayer. Really shouldn't be surprised given how much I enjoyed KZ2 and, to a lesser extent, KZ3. Slow and tactical.

Parakeetman

Well, the M82 in KZ2 was terrible. I'd say most of the guns sound pretty decent.

Population is consistently healthy but not huge atm. GG has a lot planned though so you might want to get into this now if you plan on it before everyone is totally leveled.

New maps I think are coming before Christmas.

I still say the sounds are fucking neutered, as one thing that always impressed me with KZ besides graphics was the sound work they did. That just did not happen this time around for me.

Nipo

I'm telling you the buddy drone does end up working when it gets to level 4. I am not even at level 4 and I can see that it will be helpful to get -2sec on each attribute. It really is just a helper which I know can be disappointing. But it does work with the assault class and support pretty well AFTER you get the hang of the hard part; trying to negotiate who gets the kill. It will cost you a few lives lol getting this down. I mean I have to think sometimes my opponent wonders what the hell I am doing circling him up close without firing many shots! It's my buddy drone guyz!

We had 10 people in a custom warzone "buddy zone destruction" (low health buddy drone and melee only) the other day. Just playing that for a few rounds really helped me understand how buddy drones work best and how to use them properly. Getting them in doors first, making it so you aren't blocking their shot and things like that.

If anyone sees it on the active list it is definitely worth trying out.

GodofWine

Hey everyone! Grabbing this on Sunday and just wanted to know how the population online is so far? I have BF4 so that and this along with everything else I grabbed will have me set until the indies start rolling in.

Its hitting 5-6K now, and growing, ps4 install is still LOW, by January it will be more than twice this. No other shooter of merit is coming out till Spring and its a coop shooter. This game will grow for at least 12 months.

This (and any other launch game) isnt like a BLOPs launching on an install base of 90m ps3s and hitting 200K players on day one.

Parakeetman

Its hitting 5-6K now, and growing, ps4 install is still LOW, by January it will be more than twice this. No other shooter of merit is coming out till Spring and its a coop shooter. This game will grow for at least 12 months.

This (and any other launch game) isnt like a BLOPs launching on an install base of 90m ps3s and hitting 200K players on day one.

Its not co-op yet anyways eh? Since arent they going to put that in with a later update?

Warzone is so fucking frustrating on teams that just seem like they have no idea what the hell they are doing. Damn man. Haven't felt this pissed off since Warhawk and not this helpless since ever. We need chat so badly.

Should mention that just chat is completely worthless. We need our mics working we already bought not this POS pack-in. I set a mic on the desktop and wear nice headphones so in general I will be waiting for Sony AND GG to update. Oh the glory.

I've realized the best thing to do is just quit out. It's not worth anger and emotion to struggle with idiots and noobs. It helps.

- J - D -

I gotta say, being able to load directly into an MP match from the PS4 OS is really great. Do any other games allow you to do this?

It's amazing how so much stuff from KZ2 is missing in KZ3 and KZSF.

And thank god for that.

Lets keep KZ2 in KZ2, that game is simply not fun. Although I do prefer the amount of classes in KZ2 to the simplified babby shit in KZSF. I have no Infiltrator you bastards at GG.

Have they said anything about fixing grenade throwing? I don't think I've played a multiplayer FPS with grenade throwing this bad.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
What sensitivity settings is everyone using? The default 50% is too slow for me, I jacked it up to 70% but still doesn't feel good. Never had an issue in previous KZ games.

Can't wait for december to get some decent maps for the scout.
I'm at 80. You may also want to experiment with having the vertical sensitivity one notch lower than horizontal.

Vitanimus

Starting to mess around with the MP on the New Recruits thing... supports everywhere. PSN is georgekupo so feel free to add, I'll try join in on the GAF parties and not suck too badly. Hope everyone is having fun!

And thank god for that.

Lets keep KZ2 in KZ2, that game is simply not fun. Although I do prefer the amount of classes in KZ2 to the simplified babby shit in KZSF. I have no Infiltrator you bastards at GG.

Have they said anything about fixing grenade throwing? I don't think I've played a multiplayer FPS with grenade throwing this bad.

what's wrong with the grenades? I think they work great, maybe too great.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Team announcers are fucking weak now. I really miss the miserable, aggressive tone of the PS3 games. Taking away the propaganda dilutes the atmosphere too. Won a beacon round and the line was to the effect of:

"Well done. We have more beacons."

Yay?

Good news is the game is satisfying me in all other ways. Harsh impressions had me worried, but this feels like the best in the series so far in terms of multiplayer mechanics. It's a shame spawn on squad leader is gone but generous spawn beacons makes up for it (when the team bothers).

The combination of now aim assist and the DS4's precision makes the shooting very, very satisfying.

Top Bottom