• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Huggers

The thing that bothers me is the lack of people playing support roles. The advantage of having an extra spawn point near an objective is huge yet it seem no one bothers. I am constantly reviving and keeping spawn points close to the action. Would be nice if others did this

Also. What load outs for each class are you guys using?

The thing that bothers me is the lack of people playing support roles. The advantage of having an extra spawn point near an objective is huge yet it seem no one bothers. I am constantly reviving and keeping spawn points close to the action. Would be nice if others did this

Loadouts are almost all completely preference. But I use Pulver ACOG/spawn the most with support along with my turret/minigun. I use all the weapons more or less.

Assault's weapons are all viable. Even the all purpose Keyzer with ACOG is fun as well. I switch from buddy helper to stuns to level up that stuff. Stuns are very useful in TDM situations.

As for Scout that is pretty much ALL preference. The guns are hit and miss depending on you feel about them. Kameraad is pretty awesome as is the Kors. I barely get to use this class as I am tethered to spawns a lot of the matches.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"

I'm nearly always the only person dropping spawns. Luckily I really enjoy the role and I love the feeling of singlehandedly turning a game around.

I start with support with spawn + rifle, then make a turret, then load up assault if I die again. When the spawn point is destroyed or depleted I cycle back to support to make a new one.

I have got my Spawn ability maxed out to level 11. I love it! Now I need to level up my healing ability some more. I have only played support class so far.

X-Frame

I am not sure what I think about the Beacon Theft (aka CTF) where the defense team can simply touch their beacon to return it to their base.

I remember in Warhawk, the team would have to be around it for time dependent upon how long the other team had the flag, in order to return it. But then again, those maps are way bigger and KZ:SF are tinier so that might not work.

SkylineRKR

'Kameraad'

I lol'd when i saw it. Its dutch for Comrade.

But this MP? Fucking excellent! Even the funnels are gone. Take dat graphics, dat hit detection, hit confirm sounds, and a more streamlined class system and I pretty much think this owns BF4. Oh, and it actually works.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
What is the difference between the Vultur and the Kameraad? I can't figure it out for the life of me. They barely even look different.

hodgy100

This games multiplayer is great, i jsut shot to the #1 spot playing as support, placing your spawn beacon in just the right spot defending there and helping out team mates is really rewarding, feel free to add me on PSN (hodgy100) just mention you are from GAF

MADGAME

This buddy drone fucking sucks! Died so many times just trying to let it take the kill.,

Yeah, you kind of need to just let it do it's thing. It will rarely get a kill for you while you are shooting an enemy, but sometimes if you engage and know you are getting beat and dip for cover, it will finish the job. Mine occasionally picks of someone with low health that runs by, but it's infrequent for sure.

An upside though is it can act as an alert system, firing at enemies around you that you didn't know were there.

I don't really see the problem in this. Hipfire/point shooting requires you to completely design your game around it. Clearly this one was not. Scouts don't even have a gun when cloaked. Simply making this like KZ2 would be a disaster and GG knows that. Making hipfire ever so slightly better may help but it could also lead to other imbalances. It is the reason they just need to keep their game going and not fold to pressure. They have a nicely balanced game atm. They don't need to screw that up to satisfy some crazy KZ2 dudes living in the past.

This response in general is more for people that think hipfire should be viable at 10-20 feet. That is ridiculous imo unless you make the reticule dance quite a bit.

And even then we are talking about having to rebalance an entire game so some KZ2 dudes can hipfire? Fuck that. Half the guys that want this on the officials have KDRs in the 2-3 range. They don't need anything to help them out.
Making both options viable shouldn't really screw up the gameplay. Even if ADS and hipfire has pretty much the same accuracy, aiming is a lot easier when you're zoomed in no matter what game it is. It will still be important to make a decision between the aiming modes depending on where you predict your enemy to be.

The main benefit from having a softer focus on ADS is a more fluid game since you're not as heavily rewarded from sticking back to a point from which you can easily predict where your enemy is coming from.

With strong ADS, if you have your sight up and your enemy doesn't, you'll always have the advantage since his reaction time is handicapped. What it basically means is that a heavy ADS focus promotes camping more than anything.

Allowing hipfire lets you round a corner, assess the situation, and engage threats quicker and more easily. A guy aiming at you will still have an advantage, but you're not as heavily penalized from moving around.

Especially in an objective game with attackers vs. defenders, making hipfire viable has huge benefits for the gameplay. Games in the Enemy Territory series -- to which at least KZ2 bore a lot of similarities -- all have a strong objective focus and a huge degree of freedom in mobility. ET:Quake Wars had as well, and while hipfire was very strong in that game, you'd still have an advantage if you had your sights up. It just wasn't the right desicion in every situation, IMO bringing more depth to the gameplay, and above all incentive to be on the offensive. The same could be said about KZ2 in a lot of respects.

*I haven't played Shadow Fall BTW, so I would be interested to hear how it compares more to KZ2 specifically. I'm just lurking this thread to get an idea if it's similar enough to be interesting (as KZ2 had a lot of potential), and improved enough to not make me yearn for more ET:QW, hehe. :)

I have no problem using hip fire with any of the assault rifles...

I still don't understand the complaint and hope GG doesn't fuck it up because of a few vocal minority members.

Hip fire is a good medium between KZ2 and KZ3 at two ends of the extremes, and that's how it should be. I shouldn't be able to hip fire a guy across the map like in KZ2

exYle

What is the difference between the Vultur and the Kameraad? I can't figure it out for the life of me. They barely even look different.

Vultur is two-shot kill, fires pretty slow. Kameraad I think is three-shot, fires pretty fast - better in close range. Both are single headshot kills. Honestly, I think the Kameraad is better, but in terms of range effectiveness it goes Fors > Vultur > Kameraad

GG guys.

We have to separate our top players and have a GAF v GAF match.

I want that next level intensity, as stomping pub matches makes me feel too guilty

I have no problem using hip fire with any of the assault rifles...

I still don't understand the complaint and hope GG doesn't fuck it up because of a few vocal minority members.

Hip fire is a good medium between KZ2 and KZ3 at two ends of the extremes, and that's how it should be. I shouldn't be able to hip fire a guy across the map like in KZ2

No one is asking for that. The game wasn't built that way. People know that.

What people are asking for is for hipfire to be reliable or at least advantageous where it should be.

There is very little reason to hipfire when ADS + hipfire is a much more guaranteed result ALL the time. I'll have an enemy right in my face, and I know that ADSing is a much more reliable method even at such range.

Obviously, it's a delicate balance consideration, but that doesn't mean that we can't have a game where both hipfire and ADS are viable depending on the gun/circumstance.

spats

Is it just me or are the collision boxes of the level geometry really goddamn shit in the forest level? Can't seem to throw a single grenade without it getting bounced off invisible edges.

KZObsessed

Played my first few online games today and... I like it.

The gunplay is just KZ3 really which disappoints me but the no aim assist is very nice even if ADS isn't my style.

I've only played a few of the maps and only played those once each but I like the maps I've played so far, much better than KZ3. So yeah, good first impressions.

I'm starting a new job tomorrow so don't know how much I'll be able to play in the coming weeks but hopefully I can join some GAF games.

Dibbz

Is there a GAF group or something that plays? Really enjoying it so far and want a regular bunch of people to play it with. I take it everyone is playing 24p Warzones right? The only way to play KZ really, haven't even really touched the others, apart from 2 mins in TDM just for a look.

Gator86

Just played a few games after being out of town for a week for the holiday. Holy shit, the level of grenade and drone spam is insane. People have really picked up on how great grenades are, especially when cooked. Unfortunately, the drone thing is a complete disaster. I probably had two turret kills for every enemy I saw. Feels so pointless to even play.

Got my replacement PS4 last night! Installed Shadow Fall but it was late so I didn't play it. I just started work now and don't get to go home for another 8 hours. Ugh, this is gonn be a long day.

Lucid07

About to have a few games, got no mic at the moment (rest of the family is asleep). Added a few of you on PSN, add me; colonel_jake

ButchCat

Man I am not feeling the multiplayer at all and this is coming from a guy who put 100+ hours in KZ2 and 3. People turn the matches into a fuck-fest, they just stand there spamming all kinds of shit at each other.

Man I am not feeling the multiplayer at all and this is coming from a guy who put 100+ hours in KZ2 and 3. People turn the matches into a fuck-fest, they just stand there spamming all kinds of shit at each other.

What mode are you playing? From what I've been reading in this thread, this kind of thing happens a lot in TDM. Warzones with objective based modes seem to be better.

ButchCat

What mode are you playing? From what I've been reading in this thread, this kind of thing happens a lot in TDM. Warzones with objective based modes seem to be better.

That's correct I haven't tried the other modes although I hope I am wrong. I'll try tomorrow to see if it clicks with me otherwise I might just swap the game for a copy of BF4.

Lucid07

You know what sucks, trying to join a session and the PS4 is telling me I dont have the game and directing me to the Playstation store.

Just played a few games after being out of town for a week for the holiday. Holy shit, the level of grenade and drone spam is insane. People have really picked up on how great grenades are, especially when cooked. Unfortunately, the drone thing is a complete disaster. I probably had two turret kills for every enemy I saw. Feels so pointless to even play.

Wish you could turn off grenades (unless you can...pretty sure you can). Would enjoy playing some more gun-to-gun games. It's a shame the player population is so low, because there are some solid variants that people could play... GG should update their main playlists...maybe rotate one out each week or have a weekend promoting a new mode.

I don't necessarily mind grenades, but cooking is a pretty solid strategy in this game. I think reviving with ammo/nades is overkill.

Personally, I would not mind if you spawned with no grenades, and had to use supply boxes to get them.

I really wish supply boxes were like in previous KZ games where Engineers went around repairing ammo crates. They added a lovely meta-game to the classes/map strategy. Maps like Salamun Market were awesome because of those turrets and ammo boxes.

KZ2 was awful for the fact that you could run with three grenades. Talk about overkill. But in that first week or so, there was a solid concept with maps having repairable turrets/crates

I wish you could have an ammo area in your base that you could stock up on grenades with, or something. I understand the grenade frustration and miss the way KZ2 did it conceptually, and would like a way that promoted more teamwork. Unfortunately, it really seems most players can't even place spawn beacons down, though I swear this has improved the last 2 days. I think I'm seeing more players come around and drop beacons/revive more consistently

torontoml

Was playing 24-player Warzone earlier and got a 4 person grenade kill. Was pretty cool, got like 2000 points off of it however that works out.

Lucid07

Had a good few games with some of you (I'm colonel_jake) and then it decided to throw me an error message and kick me from the game. Really love the level design on some of the maps with hidden passages behind breakable walls and shrubbery. The one with the rotating core is great, you can travel all the way up the middle of the rotating core and come out of the bar on the roof, it's great! Hopefully I'll be able to have a lot more games with you all with a mic, especially next week with me having the whole week off.

Top Bottom