• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

How do I use the primary weapon attatchment? Its obviously not down on the D pad like in SP -__-

Like others said, L1 with the default control scheme. But it's L2 if you're like me and changed the controls for L1 = ADS and R1 = Shoot.

Did anyone else switch L1/L2 and R1/R2?

So, just a suggestion to GG:

Warzone 24 players is great, but predictable with just the 3 modes you enabled.

How it should be:

All the modes should be enabled...but there should be a max of 5-7 rounds.

However, a game should really end when a team wins the majority of the rounds...it makes little sense to continue, from an objectives purpose.

So, if you have a max of 5 rounds, and one team gets to 3 of them first, then the game should be over. If all modes are enabled, and if the game ends when you win a majority of rounds, it'd make the randomization of Warzone more interesting since you wouldn't know which modes you'd be playing.

I like 24 player Warzone, but wish they'd make the rounds more varied, as Capture and Connect, SnD, and CTF are literally all there is in that mode.

I really want to play more Beacon Safeguard and classic Capture and Hold.

And let's hope Assassination makes a return soon...that mode was incredible as soon as it hit: "Oh shit am I targeted? Where's the target? Better change classes"

That one mode really changed the pacing of a match, as the targeted team would just scramble to fortify during that 30 second prep time.

This is the reason we have custom Warzones, so we can play the modes we want, the way we want to. The big problem is that everyone just goes to the 5-6 Warzones displayed on the main MP screen and Guerilla designed awful, unintuitive menus so almost all players never browse/play the custom Warzones. This plus the no clans or party chat are not helping anyone out and I really hope they will be fixed soon.

There's enough GAFfers on the Google Docs list, how about doing a GAF v GAF custom Warzone sometime?

Paertan

Like others said, L1 with the default control scheme. But it's L2 if you're like me and changed the controls for L1 = ADS and R1 = Shoot.

Did anyone else switch L1/L2 and R1/R2?

I changed back to classic. Feel much better so shoot with R1. Never liked shooting with a "trigger" instead of a button.

I'm a bit surprised that we haven't seen a spike in activity since the Euro launch...what's up with that? :/

Love the MP but a little surprised at how it's not doing greater numbers....in the UK KZ has done a lot of sales since it was the top individual game last week.

Grinchy

Banned
This is the reason we have custom Warzones, so we can play the modes we want, the way we want to. The big problem is that everyone just goes to the 5-6 Warzones displayed on the main MP screen and Guerilla designed awful, unintuitive menus so almost all players never browse/play the custom Warzones. This plus the no clans or party chat are not helping anyone out and I really hope they will be fixed soon.

There's enough GAFfers on the Google Docs list, how about doing a GAF v GAF custom Warzone sometime?

Yeah I didn't even know you could browse other playlists until many hours into playing the game, and even then, I found out by accident.

nib95

Banned
I'm a bit surprised that we haven't seen a spike in activity since the Euro launch...what's up with that? :/

Love the MP but a little surprised at how it's not doing greater numbers....in the UK KZ has done a lot of sales since it was the top individual game last week.

People are probably still playing SP on other games or more COD/BF4. I have barely touched MP but am on my second Campaign play through and have Assassin's Creed BF, Resogun, Fl0wer and Contrast yet to get through.

I'll settle with Shadow Fall MP once I'm done with the others.

People are probably still playing SP on other games or more COD/BF4. I have barely touched MP but am on my second Campaign play through and have Assassin's Creed BF, Resogun, Fl0wer and Contrast yet to get through.

I'm the opposite. Jumped straight into MP and got hooked (damn challenges!), haven't touched the campaign yet. I will definitely play it this week!

Paertan

Time difference I suppose.
I am doing my best at promoting the Multiplayer in Sweden. I want all PS4 owners to at least try the Mutliplayer! Hopefully this game got legs so it will keep on growing or at least stay active.

Grinchy

Banned
What I'd love is an app or something that let me view challenge progression outside of the game. Maybe even if the website just showed it.

edit- or wait maybe the website does show that

edit 2 - nope doesn't look like it does

Marc

Added, I am online at random times, but usually it's always evenings.

Cool, same for me, I work random shifts and have a daughter so will hit you up when I see you.

Actually did quite well last night, was either MVP or second for most of the matches although my team weren't great as we kept losing. My kill/death ratio has improved, would be good if there was a chart of your last 10 games to show how you are improving. I think the slower pace and more focus on strategy suits me better than games like COD where its pretty much run and gun.

I swear there are some odd players though, this time I had an airship, me shooting and another guy shooting and we both get killed with the dude able to run away from the air drone. Had like a killstreak of 35 people.

Btw, that execution scene after a match... are we supposed to do anything? I assume it goes by overall rank in the match but not sure.

After all these positive impressions I will give the MP a shot. If anyone wants to add me PSN name=gaf username. I have to warn you though, I'm pretty sure that I suck.

Huggers

And let's hope Assassination makes a return soon...that mode was incredible as soon as it hit: "Oh shit am I targeted? Where's the target? Better change classes"

So good. They need to bring this back asap

TDM is one big clusterfuck imo. Although I often find this in FPS games. Love Warzone. Games naturally have more flow and team work. But. And it's a major but. It desperately needs voice chat

Wickwire

I am definitely better in MP after a few beers. I had my best match, so far, last night with a 8k points and a 10 kills streak in TDM

Bollocks

I don't know yet if I should hate or love the new resurrection mechanic.
In past Killzones you could put additional bullets to a downed enemy to put them out for good, or melee him once downed to not be able to get resurrected.

In Shadowfall it seems you can't put them out for good, so downed enemies are a constant threat because they could get resurrected any moment and most of the time they will :D
Either way adds different tactics to the gameplay

Nipo

I don't know yet if I should hate or love the new resurrection mechanic.
In past Killzones you could put additional bullets to a downed enemy to put them out for good, or melee him once downed to not be able to get resurrected.

In Shadowfall it seems you can't put them out for good, so downed enemies are a constant threat because they could get resurrected any moment and most of the time they will :D
Either way adds different tactics to the gameplay

I think melee and headshots put people down for good. (at least they don't seem resurrectable). Also if you wait a bit and shoot the drone it stops the resurrection.

I like it when I kill someone and see the little drone I know there is another player within 30 meters who has line of sight and i get an easy kill on the resurrected player.

I'm juggling so many games at once that I've neglected Killzone for the last week. Feels bad man

I'll be back, though. 24 player Warzones sound too good to pass up.

Fezan

Nib how is campaign ? is it as bad as reviewers are saying or good enough for a person to enjoy who enjoyed killzone2 a lot

Eggbok

Who's going for the Platinum?
The multiplayer trophies will take me a lot of time =(

Meee!!! They wont that hard lol. if your team sucks and doesnt want to play their roles you can do everything. That's what I did for support class, i have the spawn beacon maxed and my revive cooldown is 1 second. Although the bots can be pretty useless sometimes.

Wickwire

Meee!!! They wont that hard lol. if your team sucks and doesnt want to play their roles you can do everything. That's what I did for support class, i have the spawn beacon maxed and my revive cooldown is 1 second. Although the bots can be pretty useless sometimes.

I don't find them useless. Certain maps are better for certain bots. I've gotten a fair amount of kills with the air drone in The Wall or the turret in The Park

Just MVP'd another 24 Player Warzone! 31 kills using the Sickle (Support shotgun) and turret. The Sickle is a beast on indoor maps like the Penthouse. And an 8 killstreak and a ton of revives to boot. <3 the Support Class so much, kinda don't want to try the other classes, but I need to complete challenges!

Me. I have all the campaign trophies and currently working to get the multiplayer ones. Yeah I agree it's definitely going to take some time, especially the one when you have to fully upgrade all abilities.

Borked a 19 kill streak. Ammo can suck my balls in MP. Picked up some other dude's weapon and emptied that after running out of bullets with the minigun. Then I had my pistol and offed one dude before getting hustled in the worst 1v1 showdown ever. I almost cried. In fact, I tried to cry but couldn't. Ammo crates were so much better. No one in their right mind wants to play as ammo guy.

Nipo

I'm slowly chipping away at it. have all the weapons except pistols unlocked most of support's abilities maxed and am working on scouts. It isn't hard just time consuming.

Badgerst3

So I am dumb- can I get a walkthrough on how to join a kz mp party?

I find the occasional party in the ps4 dashboard and "join"- a blue screen shows the other players avatars and me and talking- then I usually just sit there....

In the kz mp menu, I can see my party friends listed but if I click to join in game, I get a messages this will kick out other party members.

Gotta say I am not certain how I "joined" in the 2-3 awesome gaf games I played.

Support class here.

isb

Banned
Time difference I suppose.
I am doing my best at promoting the Multiplayer in Sweden. I want all PS4 owners to at least try the Mutliplayer! Hopefully this game got legs so it will keep on growing or at least stay active.
You can add me if you want, psn: isbjoernFROMHELL, im swedish aswell.
I play MP when i have time between the other games and real life commitments. Not afraid to use voice!

Baliis

So I am dumb- can I get a walkthrough on how to join a kz mp party?

I find the occasional party in the ps4 dashboard and "join"- a blue screen shows the other players avatars and me and talking- then I usually just sit there....

In the kz mp menu, I can see my party friends listed but if I click to join in game, I get a messages this will kick out other party members.

Gotta say I am not certain how I "joined" in the 2-3 awesome gaf games I played.

Support class here.

From what I've seen, the way it works is that if you're in a party and try to join into a match solo, it will invite people in your party, but you can just start the game if they're already playing. If you join in on a game by clicking on someone in your friends list, it will warn you that it won't send an invite to your party members, but you're joining into their game anyways so that's fine.

shinn623

Is it possible that the numbers being shown next to the associated game mode be for the total number of games in session for that mode, and not how many people are actually playing?

Because as you mentioned it seems awfully low for a game that sold pretty well.

Is it possible that the numbers being shown next to the associated game mode be for the total number of games in session for that mode, and not how many people are actually playing?

Because as you mentioned it seems awfully low for a game that sold pretty well.

Nope. Confirmed to be players.

Only thing I can think of is regional numbers, but I doubt it.

Responding to the top 15 community feedback items on Killzone PlayerVoice;

http://community.killzone.com/t5/Ki...nse-to-the-top-15-feedback-items/td-p/1451563

Interesting stuff

some stuff i found interesting:

In game voice chat [in development]

In game voice chat is currently in development. While the game was setup to allow users to speak with the parties they created and people they trust, you have indicated this does make teamwork among strangers more difficult. As team based gameplay is our main focus, we are currently working on this feature as a top priority. We are targeting the December update to have this functionality. It will automatically enable you to talk to your faction and will allow you to mute players (to retain that classic Killzone Shadow Fall feel :smileywink:).

Ranking system [in design]

Instead of an XP system, we currently add skill-based ranks based on the challenges you have completed. As the community has indicated it really would like to see a ranking system that also would show their progress as a player, we are currently designing a ranking system that celebrates this challenge progress and assigns players with rank names and accompanying icons.

Clan system [in design]

We are in the process of designing the clan system and it will be deployed in phases. It will be better suited for Shadow Fall’s team oriented, objectives based gameplay. We expect the first deployment to be early 2014.

Ammo supply boxes showing up on the mini map [coming soon]

We’re not planning to have fixed ammo locations in the map, as the support class can place them anywhere in the map. However, we are working on ways to make these locations much more obvious on the radar.

Slair

I'm enjoying the multiplayer but enemy sentries need fixed. You can walk out on them and they dont shoot, they start shooting so you hide, then you get killed though a wall. i was about 10 feet into a room, killed by sentry through a wall, then it happened another 3 times :/

exYle

I'd like for them to patch in a more obvious notification for when your various abilities get destroyed or run out of time. As it stands, I rarely am aware of when my Spawn Beacon goes down until I die and it's no longer available to spawn at.

Nipo

Responding to the top 15 community feedback items on Killzone PlayerVoice;

http://community.killzone.com/t5/Ki...nse-to-the-top-15-feedback-items/td-p/1451563

Interesting stuff

In game party system [under consideration]

We rely on the PSN party system which works across all games. We are considering creating our own party-system to accommodate more ad hoc squad based play.

It would be nice if they had a party system that supported 12 people so you could fill up a team on the 24 player warzones.

Dibbz

I'd like for them to patch in a more obvious notification for when your various abilities get destroyed or run out of time. As it stands, I rarely am aware of when my Spawn Beacon goes down until I die and it's no longer available to spawn at.
You can tell when your abilities expire or get destroyed by looking at it's icon on your HUD. If it's got a white overlay filling up it means it's been destroyed or expired and is cooling down. If the grey overlay is emptying it means it's still up but when the grey hit the bottom of the icon it's gone.

It's very easy to keep track of everything this way, if you know what you are looking at.

Streaming some Warzone, hopefully my connection is up to the task today

http://www.twitch.tv/dibbsy8

Raymo

I posted this in the "problems with games you love thread", but I figured it was more relevant here.

Killzone Shadow Fall MP

-No voice chat kills team play and community
-Could use more variety in the basic assault weapons. (I mean the way guns feel. They all feel very similar when shooting. Sound too, I only notice differences in the cadence of firing.)
-Guerilla made 14 player warzone the default for some reason when 16 players would allow for full 8 player parties.
-warzone matches play all 5 rounds by default even if a team wins the first 3 matches.
-lack of autoaim is probably turning away a lot of casuals who could fill up the servers more. Should be a toggled option reserving aim assist for "novice" servers and below.
-matches should have a warm up period before the game starts to allow both teams to fill (right now a party can join a new game and they will be playing against 0-2 players for a couple rounds or full game)
-interface sucks.
-stat tracking sucks (the stats are tracked but not viewable in game), why can't I view my individual KDR or even my death count after a match?
-one team all spawning air drones can be aggravating. Wasn't this limited in Killzone 2?
-a final concern is just that not enough people are playing the multiplayer. I was expecting there to be a lot more custom games going on that would lead to a lot of fun, but the interface and amount of players make these things less popular and less visible.

The actual gameplay is really fun. I'm sure they could do a lot balancing to some other things.

Edit: one more complaint. Why does getting a revive give you full ammo? Seems exploitable.

sunnz

Is the number of players playing a bug? seems very low...

The drones ( air and ground bots) are very annoying, so powerful

Top Bottom